Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 4 of 4[ 142 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: Music Genres You Love/Hate?Topic%20Title

Zinle wrote:
Meh....Personally I'm okay with most music genres but I just can't stand for rap...That's the only thing I hate.
Though there are few rap song I don't mind listening. As lon as they have at least somekinda melody....that I like....I can listen it.
Here's two examples, the first one is something I'd never listen and the second I actually have on my mp3.
(both of the songs are from finnish rap artist. The language doesn't matter but I wanted my examples to have "even odds" so you guys can understand better what I'm going for here. I even used the same artist as you can see.)
- Petri Nygård - Kippis Kulaus
- Petri Nygård - Paska Maailma

What I do like then?

Meh....More harder rock or metal I guess.
Or something thats like orchestral but also has metallic guitars and hard bass in it.
And also some kinda power drumset is also a plus.
The best example from this would be Yasuharu Takahashis works on (for example) Naruto Shippuuden or Fairy Tail.
Or something like the 'One Winged Angel' as in the FFVII movie.

Generally I think the music I like is industrial metal like Rammstein.
Not every song is gold but for example their songs Mutter and Spieluhr...
...That's exactly what I like.

I personally like Rammstein as well like another one of their songs Mein Land and P**sy my girlfriend is a huge fan of them so she got me into them also i like as well Jpop, and Kpop and ofcourse Kpop as in not just Psy -_- but Kpop groups like B.A.P, 2NE1, Beast, and Super Junior

...Hopefully someday... xD

Inspector Cabanela wrote:
and ofcourse Kpop as in not just Psy -_- but Kpop groups like B.A.P, 2NE1, Beast, and Super Junior

Don't forget SNSD, Girls Generation.
Friend of mine plays their music as his stream music and he's a fan of them.
Aaaaand I like the stuf they make too...ot that I'll ever admit it to him though. XD

EDIT;

SNSD and girls generation are the same xD.

Yes I know. That's why theres that ',' between them.
It's just that some prefer to use SNSD, or So Nyeo Shi Dae, or Girls Generation name out of them.
ImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Zinle on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zinle wrote:
and ofcourse Kpop as in not just Psy -_- but Kpop groups like B.A.P, 2NE1, Beast, and Super Junior

Don't forget SNSD, Girls Generation.
Friend of mine plays their music as his stream music and he's a fan of them.
Aaaaand I like the stuf they make too...ot that I'll ever admit it to him though. XD

SNSD and girls generation are the same xD. my girlfriend is mostly to blame for me liking kpop even though i mess with her saying i hate it but i secretly like it :keiko:

100% whole grain, now with added fiber!

Forewarning: I'm not very good at telling genres apart. Here we go...

Love:
Alternative/indie Rock
Old school Hip-hop
Any type of instrumental Jazz
Video game soundtracks
Ambient Techno/IDM
Electronica
Classical

Hate:
Country
Classic Rock
Post-grunge
Dubstep
Anything with Autotune
Most modern rap
ImageImage

Most stuff I have on my computer, arranged in order:

1 - Indie rock
2 - Garage rock/post-punk revival
3 - Metalcore/post-hardcore
4 - Electro/Pop~
5 - Rap

I don't limit myself to genres, seriously. But I usually don't like thrash metal, black/death metal, country, R&B and some regional music styles.

I like J-pop and J-rock. Plus a lot of indie music. I love classical too. And electronic. I like some K-pop.

I hate rap music and country. I hate some dubstep too, but some of it can be good.

That's just what I think anyway. XP

Pixel Artist

My music tastes vary from classical, pop to heavy metal but I don't usually agree with most modern rap because of the messages it implicates.
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

[Whip the cream!]

I love classical music and opera, and I love a lot of punk. I can't stand country or rap.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Athena's biggest fan

Like-
Dark cabaret
Symphonic metal
Medieval music(Not actually a genre, I know. But I listen to some stations online that play from authentic medieval music.)
Classic rap
Classical(Don't ask me to name composers though. I just like listening, and combined with the chill narration of DJs on classical stations, it's a very relaxing experience.)
Pop-My guilty pleasure
Some classic rock
I might get into Folk
Celtic

Dislike-
Country-(A dirty mark on the state of Texas, indeed. But some older songs kick ass.)
Nu-metal
All of that emo and hardcore stuff. Blech.
Techno
Alternative rock.(I used to like it. I sometimes will listen to a song or two. But all the songs sound the effing same.)
Whatever BOTDF is
Screamo
I'm still iffy on Goth
The Nonchalant Rage officially premiers next month on YouTube. Subscribe now:

Fate Testarossa

Love: Classical, Jazz, Easy Listening, Pop pre-80s. Yes, I'm secretly an old man at heart.
Hate: Don't really /hate/ on any genres per-se, but I'm not a fan of modern pop.

Fate is made by クロス

Sometimes I get the impression I'm the only person in the world who likes screamo.

Athena's biggest fan

dangerousoffender wrote:
Sometimes I get the impression I'm the only person in the world who likes screamo.

It just doesn't appeal to me. :ron: Nothing wrong with liking it, of course.

TheNonchalantRage wrote:
Alternative rock.(I used to like it. I sometimes will listen to a song or two. But all the songs sound the effing same.)

Eh I personally think Symphonic Metal is way more generic than Alternative Rock. Many alternative rock bands are original, like Muse, for example...

Athena's biggest fan

dangerousoffender wrote:
TheNonchalantRage wrote:

Eh I personally think Symphonic Metal is way more generic than Alternative Rock. Many alternative rock bands are original, like Muse, for example...

I won't argue with that. I mainly focus on the instrumentals when I listen. It's actually starting to take a backseat to my other favorites, but I still listen to it enough to say I like it.

TheNonchalantRage wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:
TheNonchalantRage wrote:

I won't argue with that. I mainly focus on the instrumentals when I listen. It's actually starting to take a backseat to my other favorites, but I still listen to it enough to say I like it.

I see. I used to listen to Epica, but overall I don't listen to many metal subgenres...
What classical rock bands you like?
Re: мотивацияTopic%20Title

Athena's biggest fan

Alexamr wrote:
Из вашего сообщения не очень понятно, чего вы в итоге хотите добиться… Просто повысить самооценку или найти цель вашей жизни или еще что-то? Хотя, соглашусь, тренинг по мотивации – не самый худший вариант. Попробуйте, это точно не помешает. Расскажете и нам, что да как :)

It's all Greek to me.
Re: мотивацияTopic%20Title

TheNonchalantRage wrote:
Alexamr wrote:
Из вашего сообщения не очень понятно, чего вы в итоге хотите добиться… Просто повысить самооценку или найти цель вашей жизни или еще что-то? Хотя, соглашусь, тренинг по мотивации – не самый худший вариант. Попробуйте, это точно не помешает. Расскажете и нам, что да как :)

It's all Greek to me.

Sounds more like how Mario and Luigi speak to eachother

Apollon Flame

I'm rather indifferent when it comes to music genres and artists, really. If I like a song, I download it. Period.
A King

in name

alone...

[Whip the cream!]

WaitingforGodot wrote:
I love classical music and opera, and I love a lot of punk. I can't stand country or rap.

Rap, though... I realized I have enjoyed a few M.I.A-songs and at least one Nicki Minaj-song, so that was a bit of a lie. But mostly I can't stand rap.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Ace Explorer

VGM for making my personal soundtrack... I especially like the general styles from Ace Attorney, Kingdom Hearts, and Touhou.
Sometimes I indulge in J-pop, because it's... kinda catchy.
But I also have a place set aside for 70s-80s rock.
Well? Are we going or what?

To post my two cents in, once upon a time I used to be biased for one genre in my childhood, and that genre was Country Music. Had nothing but love for the big three singers in my life and they were none other than Garth Brooks, George Strait and Trisha Yearwood.

Now-a-days I am at a point where I'm joining the "I hate Country Music" category and I'll tell you why: Ever since my time in High School (Class of 2008) what has been coming out of my car radio in terms of that genre has been NOTHING BUT: Pickup Trucks, beer drinking and "Hey y'all I'm going to woods for a party, wanna join me?" when back in the 90's Country Music at least HAD some substance like heartbreak, loneliness, and hell even love songs.

A few factors also played into my discernment for this genre: A lot of the singers that I've been liking, they put out songs that are better than the crap on the radio, yet no one pays any attention to these singers, I'm referring to three people Jack Ingram, Wade Bowen and Sarah Darling. Matter of fact, Jack Ingram in particular I credit for rescuing me from suicide a few years ago, Nashville basically threw him out and now he's doing nothing but being a radio announcer. Two of the other favorite singers I could easily compare to the other singers in my trinity. Not one of those three got any attention on the radio, Jack Ingram only had like one Number one hit before Nashville threw him out.

Ultimately what made me leave Nashville Country forever was around spring of last year, I was watching the ACM Awards (Academy of Country Music Awards) waiting for the first ever duet between my two heroes Garth and Strait. The entire night I was having a pounding headache because I had to hear bad song after bad song, and when Garth and Strait finally came in all I got from them was their signature hits about death (Primarily because Dick Clark had passed away and they were holding a tribute to him)

Ultimately, I moved onto classic rock acts like Bruce Springsteen, U2 and The Wallflowers. I've also been getting into Smooth Jazz (one favorite act in particular is Paul Hardcastle). In terms of Heavy Metal: I only listen to one band in particular because the lead singer is a friend of mine, Zero1 fronted by my friend Hal Sparks.

Three genres you'll never see me get into are Rap, Top 40, Screamo or any genre that's cool with Soccer Moms and Teenage College Kids.

I can like pretty much every genre, it really comes down to specific artists for me. Every genre has its great songs and artists, and its bad ones. I have heard amazing rock songs, I've heard awful ones. Same goes for rap, pop, country, dubstep, and every other genre out there. :ema:

Spoiler:
Page 4 of 4 [ 142 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club