Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 18 posts ]

Will Layton have his own "OBJECTION"?Topic%20Title

SHADOW AND TRUCY!!!

Or at least something similar to it? It just seems that if he's supposed to be the prosecutor in PLvsPW, that he would have his own "OBJECTION"... but the problem with that is that it doesn't seem very... Gentlemanly

Does anyone have any info about this?

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong area, I didn't see a specific thread for PLvsPW.
Thank's to Maggey for the Sig and Avatar

Re: Will Layton have his own "OBJECTION"?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

"Eureka!" is more his thing if you ask me.
Though he isn't the prosecutor in it. Only in that trailer eventually a proper prosecutor shows up.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I doubt it. He doesn't seem like the type to shout "OBJECTION!" to me.

Also, for future reference, there is a whole subforum for PLvsAA. It's located at the bottom of the page, called "Labyrinth City".

元・超会社員級の管理人

If I'm not mistaken, a Japanese writeup of the demo said Layton had both "Hold it!" and "Objection!" voice clips.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Huh, really? Know that's something I didn't expect.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

He already has.

s4ad0w wrote:
It just seems that if he's supposed to be the prosecutor in PLvsPW, that he would have his own "OBJECTION"... but the problem with that is that it doesn't seem very... Gentlemanly

Edgey says "OBJECTION", are you saying that he isn't gentlemanly?

For shame!
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

SHADOW AND TRUCY!!!

Vorika wrote:
Also, for future reference, there is a whole subforum for PLvsAA. It's located at the bottom of the page, called "Labyrinth City".

Saw it like, 2 minutes after I posted this... Didn't have time to move it! Thankfully, someone else did.

.:looby:. wrote:
Edgey says "OBJECTION", are you saying that he isn't gentlemanly?
For shame!

It's not really saying "Objection" So much as SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS!

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

I don't think Layton would really shout, just say. He's never actually shouted in the games yet, has he?
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

IDV

FVKWY wrote:
I don't think Layton would really shout, just say. He's never actually shouted in the games yet, has he?

He does shout in Lost Future/Unwound Future during
Spoiler:
the ending cutscene. Of course, he wasn't exactly... composed. Strong feelings.
I can't see him shouting under normal (or semi-normal) circumstances. He would probably point out the contradictions in what Phoenix said in a calm voice.

Gettin' Old!

Alex wrote:
FVKWY wrote:

Spoiler:
I can't see him shouting under normal (or semi-normal) circumstances. He would probably point out the contradictions in what Phoenix said in a calm voice.

You mean Phoenix points out contradictions in Layton's stuff.
Layton doesn't have a chance against Phoenix tis why they work together. Phoenix will probably be stumped by puzzles.

There's no real need for Layton to shout but I can see him...raising his voice...if not shouting.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

Alex wrote:
FVKWY wrote:

Spoiler:

No. He was raising his voice, or possibly
Spoiler: UW
crying
. They're different from shouting :P
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Putting together what I've observed thus far, I'd be 'very' surprised if Layton doesn't have an Objection. (Though truth be told, Layton's equivalent to Objection is *facing away* "Why, it is YOU, sir." *Dramatic coat turn forward*

Here's my theory. Layton replaces Payne as the case 1 prosecutor. Granted, thus far the game appears to have but one case, so it might be more appropriate to say Layton is the day 1 prosecutor. Knighty McKnight Knight takes over the case once Layton is done fighting Wright.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
Putting together what I've observed thus far, I'd be 'very' surprised if Layton doesn't have an Objection. (Though truth be told, Layton's equivalent to Objection is *facing away* "Why, it is YOU, sir." *Dramatic coat turn forward*

Here's my theory. Layton replaces Payne as the case 1 prosecutor. Granted, thus far the game appears to have but one case, so it might be more appropriate to say Layton is the day 1 prosecutor. Knighty McKnight Knight takes over the case once Layton is done fighting Wright.

Knighty McKnight Knight for western localisation name!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

SHADOW AND TRUCY!!!

Wooster wrote:

I would love it if this happened:

You've been playing the game for hours, the thrill of contradictory puzzles and puzzling contradictions side by side is too much. Finally, you realize who the real witch is! You spend more hours of contradictions and puzzles trying to prove it, and prove it you do! That's the game, after 20+ hours Layton and Wright shake hands and begin to part ways... but wait, wear are the credits? That's when you notice something on the screen. A message saying: "Thankyou for playing 'Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton case 1' We hope you have enjoyed your game, but there are even more puzzles to object to in case 2!" Your face filled with Joy, you reach for the main menu and sure enough, there's a case 2 available; that's when you realize, the game isn't over, it's only just begun.

IKR?!

now that... :adrian: WOULD BE COOL!!! :edgy:

元・超会社員級の管理人

For those wondering, this is the writeup and relevant passage in question:

http://ameblo.jp/gsfun/entry-11048826176.html

Original wrote:
■ボイス関係

ムービーの声については、ストーリーの所で書いたとおりです。
その他ですが、成歩堂には「異議あり!」「待った!」「くらえ!」、そしてといつめる時の「ちょっと!」の4種類のボイスがありました。
多分成宮寛貴氏のボイスだと思いますが(明らかに巧氏の声ではなかったし、レイトン教授VS逆転裁判の成歩堂のボイスは成宮寛貴氏って発表されてますからね)、決して悪くはなかったです。このゲームで初めて成歩堂の声を聞いたって人は、特に問題なく感じたのではないかと思います。
ただ、逆転裁判をプレイしたことがある人は、10年間ずっとゲーム中の成歩堂のボイスは巧氏だった訳ですから、違和感を感じるかもしれませんね。全然違う声でしたから。(成宮氏がいいとか悪いとか、そういう意味じゃなくてですよ)
成歩堂以外ですと、ジーケンに「異議あり!」、レイトンに「異議あり!」「待った!」がありました。ジーケンはイケメン系な感じwでしたね。
レイトンはもちろん大泉洋氏なのですが、「待った!」の方が、「た」にイントネーションの強調があって「待ったァ!」みたいな感じになってたのがちょっと笑ってしまいましたw

あ、上以外はボイスなしでセリフはポポポ音です。ただ、逆転裁判側キャラとレイトン側キャラでそれぞれ原作のポポポが使用されていました。レイトン側キャラは今回レイトンとルークだけでしたが。

Translation wrote:
Voice

I've already written about the voice clips from the introduction movie in the "Story" section.
Other than the intro movie, Phoenix had clips for "Objection!" "Hold It!" "Take that!" and when choosing to cross-examine a witness in the Mob Trial, "Chotto!" [Note: this could be translated a couple different ways, so I'm leaving it in Japanese].
The voice might have been Hiroki Narimiya's (since it wasn't Takumi's voice, and Narimiya's been announced to be voicing Phoenix in the game), and it wasn't bad at all. People who haven't played an Ace Attorney game will probably have no issue with it.
However, people who have played Ace Attorney have heard Takumi as Phoenix for ten years now, so they'll probably feel it's a bit weird. (This isn't to say whether or not Narimiya's voice is bad, of course.)
Other than Phoenix, Jiiken had "Objection!", while Layton had "Objection!" and "Hold it!". Jiiken was very cool and manly, haha.
Layton was of course voiced by Yo Oizumi, but he had an emphasis on the end of "Hold it!" so it was more like "Hold IT!" It made me laugh a bit.

Other than those three, the text wasn't voiced, just "pip-pip-pip". But that is normal for Ace Attorney and Layton characters alike... though the only Layton characters here were Layton and Luke.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

So now we have solid evidence that Layton will have an objection, as well as a Hold IT. but the one i can see layton keeping is his "correct" pose as his take that pose (assuming he gets one) And i have no Qualm that Layton will indeed do it gentlemanly, but there is no guarantee that he will not rise his voice. After all we have heard him raise his voice in EVERY game of the layton series (although in the first 2 it was when warning someone, third he had no control and fourth it was over long distance.) but it shows he can yell and if serious enough you can certainly see him doing that.

Aside from the objection, since we have seen Phoenix retaining his classic 2D poses in 3D (hoping the shocked face makes it in) and Layton does stand in for part of the trial, i wonder if Layton is going to get a set of poses like phoenix's (I.E. sweating- desk slam - damage(would be epic), or similar to his Layton sprites with the hat tip)
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)