Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

Ghost Trick Questions (Spoilers)Topic%20Title

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoilers ahead. If you haven't played this game, then go get it. It's on the App Store. It's classic Shu Takumi. But I have some questions about the plot:

How do the alternate timelines work? We learn that Ray is actually Missile from a timeline in which Sissel decided against helping him, which lead to the deaths of Missile and Kamila in the apartment. Missile was able to get his ghost powers at that time by dying within range of Yomiel. But how could that happen since he died after meeting Sissel?

Also, how does Sissel (the cat) in the final timeline not age?
Re: Ghost Trick Questions (Spoilers)Topic%20Title

I don't remember all the details since it's been years since I played it, but doesn't Sissel have a piece of the meteorite embedded in her at the end? The meteorite basically makes you immortal.

Also there's an entire forum dedicated to Ghost Trick.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

An entire forum for Ghost Trick? I'd like this thread moved over there then.

Missile (original timeline) died because of the hitman and Yomiel gave him ghost powers. Missile tries to save Kamila, by going back in time, but he couldn't, because his power to swap two objects with the same shape was not enough.

Then, overhearing Yomiel and Tengo's conversation, he found out Lynne had been killed too, and arrived at the junkyard, only to find Sissel manipulating a desklamp. He then asks if Sissel could help him, but the ghost refuses, saying "I just want to find my own lost memory. I'm sorry, but I can't help you." before disappearing over the telephone line.

Left with no choice, Missile follows the hitman and Yomiel back to the submarine, and then he travels ten years back through Yomiel's corpse and waited until the fateful night came around again. This is where a new timeline is created and the events of the game start.

This time, in the guise of a desklamp, he tricks Sissel into thinking that he had only one night to find out his identity before disappearing for good, and then guided him along the right path to getting back his memories by naming Lynne as a potential lead.

Sissel, in this second timeline, was able to save both Lynne and young Missile; so, Missile and Sissel were able to cooperate together and, by combining their powers, they managed to change the present timeline to a happier third timeline.

Then, the old Missile from the first timeline reveals all the truth to Sissel and disappears, as the very first timeline he was from ceases to exist.

Quote:
I don't remember all the details since it's been years since I played it, but doesn't Sissel have a piece of the meteorite embedded in her at the end? The meteorite basically makes you immortal.

Basically, yes: in the third timeline Sissel was hit by the meteorite instead of Yomiel, so that he is now immortal.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Ah, that makes perfect sense, Slammer. I forgot that Missile in the first timeline had time travel powers.

The only one known, who has ghost powers, not having time travel powers is Yomiel. Both Sissel and Missile have time travel powers, in any timeline. I mean, the game itself is based on time traveling, so... that's a given.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Happy Maria

Necropost,but I do have a question. What would happen if the ghost's core...disappeared? For example,if Sissel were possessing a water droplet but then it evaporated,but what happen to him? This seems like an interesting subject which isn't handled by the game. Would the ghosts just disappear? Or is it like the core of the corpse in the 4 minutes before death world,where it's there until you shift to another core?

I'm fine and ready for justice!

When the water evaporates, it just turns into water vapor, where Sissel's core would be. Take a real-game example. In one part of the game, you can possess a water droplet in the ceiling. That droplet drops into a bucket with other water. There is no single droplet anymore, so Sissel is just somewhere in that water. In the water vapor case, he would just be somewhere in the vapor.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen