Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads

Page 2 of 2[ 75 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: School of Magic (Sign-Up and OOC Thread.)Topic%20Title

Seizing the day - or trying to.

Slezak, Viola would totally be up there for a healing class. But it might not be core subject (like you don't do first aid in Year 7/6th grade.) so the idea that he'd also be a healer part time is a good one.
Image OBJECTION! I may be green, but I can still beat you with my epic broomstick! (Avatar copyright Atlus.)

You’re so small in such a big world...

Yes, I'd imagine a healing class would be an elective for upperclassmen, and not a class offered to those who wouldn't be ready for it. So, it'd probably be offered to 5th years and up.

And Aliucon, you got to the listing before I did! I don't think you missed any classes that are core topics, but I could be mistaken.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

@Aliucon: Thank you thank you thank you x700! That is a big help to me.
I'll update the profile now, but for reference: Jay will teach Charms and could help Jeremy out if his burdens become too much. Jeremy will try his hand at Herbology, teaching a secondary class in Healing spells, and being a part-time healer. Additionally, if it's possible, the brothers could help out in DAtDA relating to their specified magical fields (Electricity for Jay and Ice/Water for Jeremy). Also, since the brothers have just arrived in this world, they will also be learning along with the students, but of course at a much faster pace. i.e. they will study some of the magical tomes the students read in order to familiarize themselves with the particular magic of this world.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Well, if you want them to help out in DAtDA, you'd have to PM Cold52 about it...which I see you've already thought of for their profiles. Alright. Jay and Jeremy are accepted! :D

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

Yay, glad that's taken care of.

And it was no trouble, Slezak. Anything to aid an old friend. I really look forward to see Jay and Jeremy acting in this RP! ^^

But, you know, speaking of Jay and Jeremy, I'm starting to miss the Not Just a Computer Game RP...

Well, I posted with my character! Let's see how this goes. I have faith this will turn out great!

Many thanks to PandaPrinzessin for this signature!

Just a thought - if Jeremy's healing class is going to be an elective, I would assume that upperclassmen would need to know about it, so I had Viola aware of it. If this conflicts, I'll change my post, but if the brothers were invited I thought that the Head would have knowledge of their powers and assigned them classes (since they don't know what they would teach.)
Image OBJECTION! I may be green, but I can still beat you with my epic broomstick! (Avatar copyright Atlus.)

That's perfectly fine, Franini. The brothers may not know it yet, but the person who gave them the contracts to sign was actively scanning the brothers' magic auras to see what they were capable of. He had to, because he'd sensed the disturbance caused by the teleportation and needed to make sure whoever did that wasn't evil or something like that.

Of course, you could also use the explanation that Healing was coincidentally introduced as an advanced subject just as somebody perfect for the subject was arriving.

Either way, it doesn't bother me. The duo will just continue on their merry way until the year starts, whatever the case may be.
100% pure Joy.

Another query, Lida, are the exams the same? (OWLs, NEWTs, etc.)

Yes, they are. ^_^ I was wondering when someone would ask that.

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

franini's the only one eligible to these exams, as an upper-class student and everything, so I was guessing she would ask that... xD

Hum, franini, if something seems weird in my posts, I'm assuming Cecil doesn't know Viola is a prefect yet... cause I'm assuming she became one when she went to the fifth year, and therefore wasn't one on the previous years...

Many thanks to PandaPrinzessin for this signature!

If I may continue to show my lack of knowledge of HP terms, what's a prefect? (Though I'm pretty sure that doesn't just come from HP anyway. Hooray for being a college graduate and having to ask teenagers questions on the internet!)
100% pure Joy.

Hey! I'm not a teenager, bub! I'm just a gigantic nerd who would be nearing college graduation if it wasn't for some unfortunate circumstances. Anyway, point is, I'm not a teenager! :P

Let's see...how to explain to a mere muggle! Lol. Look at me, speaking that wizard lingo! Anyway, hmmm...explaining...Think of it as they're the star students of the class, who everyone asks for for help, but they also get some benefits, like, for example, the teacher being more lenient on them for absences. Prefects are kind of like that, but on a much larger scale. Each house has two prefects, and they're the guys who lead the first years to the dorms and help clear hallways once in a while. They also have the power to give students detention. Also, they're pretty much role models for the other students and have badges. So, yeah...if this seems very disorganized and lacking transitions, that's because it's really late here!

Hah, don't worry, Aliucon. Viola's likely to tell Cecil that when the opportunity arises. (And Slezak, I'm a teenager, but 15 I don't think is the youngest here xD)

The Zelda Geek

Why hasn't anyone posted?

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, gang. Been maaaajor busy getting stuff ready for the new school year (In real life! What a coincidence :edgy: ...of course, I'm still just a student, but whatever.)

I'll post my next move in a bit. I do wonder about everyone else, though. Maybe they're all in real-life school already? Who knows? heh.
100% pure Joy.

Sorry, dudes! That is my bad. I'll just go ahead and post...then do my school work. XD.

I'm waiting for Aliucon, so I won't post just yet, but I've also been busy travelling for the past week so it's quite a blessing for me no-one's posted, really! Also organising stuff for the new school year.! :keiko:

The Zelda Geek

I just posted. Not letting this RP die. Not as long as my character draws breath!

Name: Bethany Cox
Personality: Bethany is a sweet girl but has a fiery temper. You wouldn't expect it from her but if you say something that offends her she will definitely let it be known. Very smart and mature with an extremely nerdy side not many know about. She has a lot of friends even though she thinks she is awkward. She is a vegetarian and wants to use her magical skills for a good cause someday.
Appearance: Short red hair in a bob. Bright blue eyes, pale skin, and freckles. Medium height and weight. When not wearing the school uniform she wears a jean skirt, reddish brown boots, and a dark grey sweater.
Position: Student
Year: 5th
House: Goblin
Alignment: Good all her life but has the desire to be bad for once
Genetic make-up: Half blood
Pet: A cat named Ellie
Spells: Standard spells a 5th year would know ex: Lumos, Wingardium Leviosa etc.
History: Bethany was born into a family with only one magical parent. Her mom was a witch, and always believed that her children should embrace their powers. Her dad was very supportive. So when Bethany started showing signs of magical ability they sent her off to a magical school right away. She has been going here since she was a 1st year and has grown very comfortable with her magic. Bethany loves being a witch and knows that she always will.
Thank you to PandaPrinzessin for the awesome signature(:
Daughter of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5 and sister of SomariFeyWright, Game Over, and >Mario<

Last edited by bethanyann96 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't want this to die... are people still interested in RPing? I'm sure everyone (as I am) is very busy with school/college/education but I'm game, still. Bethanyann96, this has been dead for a while, but as long as Lida gives the okay then you're very welcome to join, even though she's nearly a carbon copy of Viola...

The Zelda Geek

I'm still here, and ready to RP. I might be busy with school, but I'm still ready to post here. I shall not let this die!

Well, I admire your enthusiasm, but it ultimately boils down to whether anyone else wants to RP... so maybe let's just wait until anyone else replies - we really need Lida back, as she's the RP leader... also it's very obvious that you're ready to RP, as you posted before...

franini wrote:
I don't want this to die... are people still interested in RPing? I'm sure everyone (as I am) is very busy with school/college/education but I'm game, still. Bethanyann96, this has been dead for a while, but as long as Lida gives the okay then you're very welcome to join, even though she's nearly a carbon copy of Viola...

I'm so sorry I wasn't trying to make her like anyone. I can change my character if you want.
Daughter of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5 and sister of SomariFeyWright, Game Over, and >Mario<

I didn't mean to upset you, it's just they're very similar. We do need someone in Unicorn, but you don't need to change her if you don't want to, it just might be more interesting if she was a bit more different. Maybe alter her personality a bit? But please don't change her if you don't want to.

franini wrote:
I didn't mean to upset you, it's just they're very similar. We do need someone in Unicorn, but you don't need to change her if you don't want to, it just might be more interesting if she was a bit more different. Maybe alter her personality a bit? But please don't change her if you don't want to.

No it's totally cool. I always RP shy characters so it would probably be more fun to change it up a bit. :minuki:

Ah! I'm sorry, everyone. I've been...indisposed. I accept your character, bethanyann96, and will add it to the first post when I find the time. I will post in the thread in a few minutes. Again, I apologize for my prolonged absence.

Lida, I know this has been revived but I sort of need Aliucon to post before I do because she's in direct conversation with his character at the moment. So glad this didn't die after all :)

Aliucon has trouble accessing this site. I'll tell you what: if after a week, he does not post, I will temporarily control his character until he comes back.

The GG. The Girl Gamer

Name: Isabella "Penny" Bower
Personality: Penny is a shy, nice girl. She tries to be friendly to people but usually she doesn't talk to people much, because she's so shy. She's a bit of a crybaby and not very brave. Once she becomes friends with someone she isn't shy around them anymore and she helps them in any way she can. She trusts people very much and she thinks that everyone has some good in them.
Appearance: Penny has shoulder length reddish brown hair that's about the same color as a penny, that's actually how she got the nickname Penny. She has big, dark brown eyes and pale skin. She has a dark purple streak in her hair. She always wears a locket that's shaped like a panda, which she puts on a different colored string for each day of the week.
Year: 1st
House: She wants to be in Unicorn
Alignment: Good
Genetic make-up: Muggle born
Pet: A gray cat with green eyes named Dime.
Spells: She doesn't know any spells
History: Penny used to go to an average muggle school and she lived with her mom, dad, and brother in an average muggle neighborhood. Sometimes weird things would happen to her, because her powers were starting to come. Her parents were worried when they saw the strange things happening and her brother thought she was an alien. When she got her letter for the school she was so happy and excited that she started to float and she hit her head on the ceiling. Her parents were very supportive of her being a witch and they're going to help her shop at Diagon Alley. (Her brother still thinks she's an alien.)

It's not too late to join right?
Epic signature by PandaPrinzessin
Daughter of CarChaseCityMan, married to ToonBlade, and mom of Game Over, SomariFeyWright, bethanyann96, and >Mario<

Of course it's not too late to join. Your profile is accepted. This RP has been dead for a while, but maybe a new person joining is the kick it needs for revival. ^^

The Zelda Geek

Not sure if I should stick around here... bah, I'll do my best.

Thank you. ^^ We need as many people involved in this RP as possible.

The GG. The Girl Gamer

Could I have a second character?
Daughter of CarChaseCityMan, married to ToonBlade, and mom of Game Over, SomariFeyWright, bethanyann96, and >Mario<

Of course you can. ^^ Just don't make more characters than you can keep track of and you're golden.

The GG. The Girl Gamer

Name: Rachel Arina
Personality: Rachel is brave and kind. She is smart but she gets angry really easy. She trusts people very easily but if someone did something wrong she will barely trust them with anything anymore.
Appearance: Electric blue very short hair in a bob cut and emerald green eyes. When she's not wearing her school robes then she's always wearing a short sleeved shirt and a skirt or shorts. She almost always wears her brown flip flops.
Year: 1st
House: She wants to be in Hippogriff
Alignment: Good
Genetic make-up: Pureblood
Pet: A brown Barn owl named Flutters
Spells: Accio, but she doesn't use it much.
History: Rachel has known about magic all her life and has always hoped to be in a magic school. She learned Accio by imitating her mom, who used the spell a lot. When she got her acceptance letter she was so happy to go that she ran upstairs and got her stuff packed right away, in fact she did it so quickly because she had accidentaly done magic. She already knows about houses and things and she wants to be in Hippogriff realy badly.
Page 2 of 2 [ 75 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads