Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads

Page 1 of 2[ 54 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

The Prosecutor's Office OOC Thread.Topic%20Title

You’re so small in such a big world...

Just because there are often times purely OOC posts in the topic. Anything you wanna say OOC can go here! Also, I should have made this thread much sooner. Heh, heh...

Also, once applications are open again, you can sign-up here, but right now, sorry, no new characters will be accepted.

Now...About the sprites and banner...I think the sprites should be of all active characters so far so no one feels left out. ^_^ And I feel so bad for AON...My Sheila sprite is a pain in the butt to edit!

Now, then, the RP can be found here. And, yeah...For some reason, I'm in the mood to put "..." everywhere! Anyway, I'll put a link to this thread in the RP, and then we can DISCUSS!!!

EDIT: I have made rules for applying, which I will post here.

Right now, applications are open, but somewhat restricted. This means we are looking to drive the current plot, and therefore need to be sure we can find room for your character in it before we accept him/her.

To apply for this RP, simply ask if you can join here. Do not yet make a character profile. We will PM you from there. We may ask you:

1) to take a character whose RPer is currently inactive. I consider a player inactive when they have not posted for over a month. If you take this character, it will only be until their part in the trial is over, at which point the character can disappear into the sunset or something.

2) to fill a role we need for the trial, or perhaps we'll ask you what role you'd like to play. This is why we don't want you to submit a character profile right away. We want to see how we'll fit a character into the current plot first.

If all roles in the trial are filled and all players a currently active, we will ask you to be advised that the character you submit may be a spectator. That means your character will not advance the current plot, but he/she can still comment about the things going on around them.

As for current RPers: if you come back from over a month's hiatus and find that your character has been taken, do not be alarmed! The character will only be taken until their part in the current trial is over, at which point, you may reclaim him/her. If you want to reclaim sooner than that, you may PM me, but be advised: to reclaim your character, you'll have to first be active for two weeks.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Last edited by Lida_Rose on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The Prosecutor's Office OOC Thread.Topic%20Title

~Vervollkommnung~

So do any and all OOC comments go here? Or is this just for discussing the RP?

I ask only because it seems kinda strange. I understand discussions like the one about the banner, but are we not even allowed to clarify something OOC in a post in the other thread?

EDIT: One comment about the banner- I, too agree that everyone should be included. And I'd say that as long as CCCM is alright with you creating Floyd's sprite, AoN, by all means create the banner. LWOD said that he had a "Howl" sprite. . . did he ever get that to you?
"So when you run out of paint, you Americans use gravy as a substitute. I see."- :no-no:
"Welcome back to reality! We've been waiting for you."- :kyouya-pull:

Uhhh...Good question! I'll quote the rule right here:

Gerkuman wrote:
3: You must create a Signup/OOC Thread
We have a new subforum. Please use it for signups before you start, and once that's done, use the topic for OOC chatter. That not only means the topics can stay clear, but even better than that, there's no restriction on how much you can discuss the RP now.

And then...

Gerkuman (Again) wrote:
Since I've added the OOC/Signup Threads, there should be no OOC talk in the actual RP topics from now on.

So, from these, I gather all OOC comments should go here, especially if they're discussing RP. As for clarification, I would say just quote the point you want clarified and put it right here in this thread.

~Vervollkommnung~

Alright, thank you for clarifying that. I must have missed those parts :payne:

And because we aren't going to talk OOC in the RP thread anymore, I think it would be a good idea for everyone to make a point to check this thread regularly (in addition to the RP).
"So when you run out of paint, you Americans use gravy as a substitute. I see."- :no-no:

Audere est facere.

To answer your question about Howl's sprite, GDM, here's LWOD's PM.

LordWolfODonnell wrote:
Once I can get access to my computer today, I will send Howl's sprite.

So I'm considering Franny, Miles, Sheila, Floyd, Howl and Rose as active characters, and if there are any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace. XD
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

No objections here, AoN! It certainly seems everyone else is inactive for the time being.

And I agree with GDM. It would be a great idea to check this thread regularly in addition to the RP, so none of us are lost on anything. Man, I can't wait for this trial to start! ...And then when it does start, I'll get to feel like a dummy because I won't know which points to object to right away. XD.

Audere est facere.

That's what the new rules imply, anyhow. And yes, well, you don't really have much evidence to rely on, so it'll be quite complicated. What evidence do you even have? I wonder if we should make an actual 'court records' list of evidence and profiles, and every time something new comes into play, somebody goes "____ added to court record" or something like that. Just an idea, though.
Bummer.

~Vervollkommnung~

@AoN: Cool; that means that we'll have all the active players! :D And your list looks accurate to me.
@Lida: LWOD and I designed the evidence to have holes- you'll just need to find them :butzthumbs:

As far as the trial, LWOD and I have several aspects that you all aren't aware of. Essentially, what we did is create the makings of a trial- we have witnesses, incriminating evidence, details of how/where/when the crime took place, and a few key contradictions that, once discovered, will blow the entire case wide open. That's why we asked that no one create anymore facts about the case.

When the trial starts, the prosecution will present the facts of the case. This will probably come from our first witness. Don't worry about not having a firm grasp of the facts yet, because that's what the Head Detective is going to provide.

@CCCM: Either LWOD or myself will PM you soon with what we want Floyd to present. To type it our in the RP would divulge our case earlier than we want. Hope everyone understands :)

I don't think we have enough evidence to warrant a "Court Record", though. If each RPer organizes the evidence presented in their own way (Right now, I have a word document, with one page for evidence and one page for profiles) then I think we'll be alright. Keeping and editing a "Court Record" would be too much effort, IMHO. It should be everyone's respective responsibility to keep track of the facts for themselves. I mean, in AA, Phoenix doesn't keep a "Court Record" for everyone else in the court to look at, does he? He keeps one for himself. (What I mean is that Edgeworth/Franziska/Godot/etc. doesn't have access to Phoenix's notes/records of evidence.)

Breaking hiatus.

angel_of_nature wrote:
To answer your question about Howl's sprite, GDM, here's LWOD's PM.

LordWolfODonnell wrote:
Once I can get access to my computer today, I will send Howl's sprite.

So I'm considering Franny, Miles, Sheila, Floyd, Howl and Rose as active characters, and if there are any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace. XD

I just sent it to you, so expect it soon.

@GDM: I'm about to reply on the PM, so check back soon if you log off.

Audere est facere.

Yup, received. I think I can manage turning his head around a bit to make it look more AAI-styled, since the body is already at an angle. I'll be using the 3rd row sprites of Diego Armando from the CR sprite sheet, so if you want to edit the head yourself, you can do that as well and I'll take care of the headswap. Also, will it be alright if I made the hair color....well, less flashy? I'll be using Quercus Alba's color palette instead, but if you want to recommend anyone else's, feel free to do so.
Bummer.

Insanity at its classiest.

I have read and understand everything said about and to me, sorry for not posting earlier :P

Angel, that's fine. You can make my sprite. I trust you will do justice to it. Also, I can't draw.
My CR family is my beautiful wife Arkillian, and my three daughters Lida_Rose, Franzika Von ehmpke5, angel_of_nature and my son, Meenyman.

~Vervollkommnung~

CCCM, LWOD and I are in the process of sending you a message with the info Floyd is supposed to reiterate- please stay tuned for a PM.

Audere est facere.

CCCM, what exactly does Floyd look like? I'm imagining a Gumshoe-like body, but can you give an example of his hairstyle so I'll have an idea of what I can work with? Also, does the scar run from forehead to chin, and in the exact center of the face? Sorry about the overload of questions, but I could also just recolor Gumshoe's coat and hair brown and add a scar to his face and you have what you put in his description.
Bummer.

Livin' joke.

So... uhm... when's the trial going to start?
My Court Records Family?

My Court Records brother is Apollo72 , and my dear mother and father are yuzikichan0 and Inquisitor Amakiir !

Thanks for the banner, Polly!

~Vervollkommnung~

@Ha³: Soon- LWOD and I are PMing back and forth to figure out what we want Floyd to say in his first testimony. Feel free to add character-development on your part to keep the RP up and running until that time. We'll both be posting in the near future.

~Vervollkommnung~

Bump and update!

Seeing as LWOD hasn't logged on for three days, I'm going to take the liberty of sending CCCM the information. I had hopped to get LWOD's input on what I'd send (seeing as we are the prosecution team), but we need to get moving. People get busy; I realize this. However, I really don't want to see this RP die.

So CCCM, standby for a PM in about 30 minutes!

EDIT: So. . . just out of curiosity. . . who even checks the PORP/here anymore? If so, please make yourself known- we need to know if we should continue this or not.

~Vervollkommnung~

Really sorry for . . . what. . . *looks at previous posts* triple posting V_V, but I want people to know that this thread hasn't died. . . yet. New posts are meant to show that there are. . . well, new posts and that someone is still paying attention to this thread.

Speaking of that, is there anyone besides CCCM and myself out there keeping up with this? If so, please post and make yourself known! D:

Me!

Oh wait.
My CR family is my beautiful wife Arkillian, and my three daughters Lida_Rose, Franzika Von ehmpke5, angel_of_nature and my son, Meenyman.

~Vervollkommnung~

Lol :phoenix:

I've been checking up on LWOD's profile, and it's been exactly a week since he's logged on. It looks like Franziska may have to take on Sheila's case alone. . . that is, assuming we still have someone to play Sheila V_V.

I've been checking the RP! Sorry for not posting here. o.O I only just now noticed how many shout-outs you had for everyone following it to make themselves known.

I haven't responded on the actual RP because on Sheila's end, I was the last one to post, and I'm not a fan of making double-action posts, though if I have to so the trial may start, I'm all for it. ^_^

The Zelda Geek

I'm still here!

Hmmmm..... I wonder how Adam will react to Franziska's whip.

~Vervollkommnung~

So we have:

*Lida_Rose
*ToonBlade
*CarChaseCityMan
*and me :D

Is there anyone else interested in continuing this RP? We have all the necessary components regardless- defense, prosecution, detective, and judge.

Livin' joke.

Even though I'm not fully needed, I'm up and about here everyday.
My Court Records Family?

My Court Records brother is Apollo72 , and my dear mother and father are yuzikichan0 and Inquisitor Amakiir !

~Vervollkommnung~

Aww, don't talk like that Ha³! You're very much so needed.

Just. . . not for the trial. Edgeworth can probably give commentary from the peanut gallery, if you know what I mean :D It'll be interesting to see how he reacts to his "big sister's" performance as the prosecution.

New list:

*Lida_Rose
*ToonBlade
*CarChaseCityMan
*GDM
*Ha³

Anyone we're missing? What about you, angel_of_nature- are you still out there?

EDIT: Actually. . . scratch that last part about AoN. I just checked her profile and she's been inactive for about two weeks.

That being the case, is everyone ready to start the trial? It's been so long that Floyd has decided to take a nap >_<

Livin' joke.

Sure. I'll have Miles come inside a bit late, missing the chance to talk to Franziska, and then, as you say, comment from the "Peanut Gallery". XD
My Court Records Family?

I'm ready, naturally.

~Vervollkommnung~

Well then, assuming everyone else is ready, would anyone like to do the honors of getting this trial started?

Livin' joke.

The one who should it is either Toon, considering he's the judge, or Random Bailiff #344.
My Court Records Family?

DO IT! DO IT NOW!

~Vervollkommnung~

CarChaseCityMan wrote:
DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Ditto this! ToonBlade, would you care to start us off?

THIRDED!!!

The Zelda Geek

Man, I need to check C-R more often. Anyway, I'll try to start the trial soon. If I stop being lazy, that is.....

~Vervollkommnung~

Errr. . . ToonBlade? Any updates on starting the trial?

The Zelda Geek

Sorry. My laptop charger`s broken, and our home computer was sent to be repaired, so all I have is my DSi. I can`t make large posts like the ones these forums require. Not only that, but large pages won`t load up. So...... I won`t be able to post on ANY topic in these forums untill further notice. Sorry...... :sadshoe:

Last edited by ToonBlade on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Well, at least you were able to tell us that. No worries. As soon as you're back up and running, just start it up.

~Vervollkommnung~

Understood. Thanks for letting us know. I really don't think anyone is in that big a hurry to get this thing started, considering the large lull there's been. . .

I suppose I could get Sheila in the courtroom and then make the bailiff get everyone in there. This way, something is happening in the RP while we wait for T-Blade to be able to post. Officially, the trial can't start until the judge is there, anyway, but we can at least do stuff in the meantime, kinda.

Also, about Howl, I'll be really nice and give LWOD a couple more weeks to respond as him. If he doesn't, then we'll have to make his character leave the scene somehow. After all, we can't just leave him in the lobby. I'll send LWOD a PM concerning this so he knows.

~Vervollkommnung~

Gracias, Lida :phoenix:

I'll have Franziska head to the courtroom, pretty much ignoring Howl. LWOD can make his own entrance, if he ever gets back.

The Zelda Geek

Well, with my weak little DSi, I managed to make a post. Hopefully that outta keep the RP going.

~Vervollkommnung~

@ToonBlade: We appreciate it.

Let's get this trial started!

EDIT: A crappy post by a totally worn-out RPer. Sorry for not posting over the weekend- I barely slept any. Lol, and when I did try an log onto CR, my computer shut down three minutes into my session. Stupid technology :P
Page 1 of 2 [ 54 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads