Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 3 of 13[ 494 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Re: IN JUSTICE WE TRUST! {Spoilers}Topic%20Title

machinimator

Spoiler: Case 5
So one thing I was never clear about...

From what I understand, the Phantom's plan in the Space Center 7 years ago was to steal the Moon Rock - you know, since everyone says it will have mythical effects on civilization, allowing people to gain powers when they die or something. Anyway, when he got blood on it, he couldn't just carry it out because of the security. However...assuming Athena was never there at all, how did he plan to steal it? Surely his *original* plan wasn't to send it out on a satellite for 7 years only to steal later. Honestly, I think his bosses were pretty pissed that they were getting a seven-year delay on their rock.

I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Gettin' Old!

Katana wrote:

From what I understand, the Phantom's plan in the Space Center 7 years ago was to steal the Moon Rock - you know, since everyone says it will have mythical effects on civilization, allowing people to gain powers when they die or something. Anyway, when he got blood on it, he couldn't just carry it out because of the security. However...assuming Athena was never there at all, how did he plan to steal it? Surely his *original* plan wasn't to send it out on a satellite for 7 years only to steal later. Honestly, I think his bosses were pretty pissed that they were getting a seven-year delay on their rock.

It might not have been his objective to steal the Moon Rock, perhaps he was there to steal the research. He got rid of the rock to get rid of the traces of blood. Remember he never planned to retrieve it, he sabotaged the HAT-1 so it wouldn't make it back to the planet. He probably was looking to swipe some research or something back then, or sabotage the existing project. Then when he found out the rock survived he went back to ensure it was fixed. He was never out to steal the rock. Though even if he was going to steal it, surely his sponsors would rather wait than be found out about international espionage.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

Pierre wrote:
Katana wrote:

It might not have been his objective to steal the Moon Rock, perhaps he was there to steal the research. He got rid of the rock to get rid of the traces of blood. Remember he never planned to retrieve it, he sabotaged the HAT-1 so it wouldn't make it back to the planet. He probably was looking to swipe some research or something back then, or sabotage the existing project. Then when he found out the rock survived he went back to ensure it was fixed. He was never out to steal the rock. Though even if he was going to steal it, surely his sponsors would rather wait than be found out about international espionage.

Spoiler:
My personal theory is that he was out to steal the research that Cykes was doing on him. The moon rock being his target wouldn't make any sense; even if (for some bizarre reason) his bosses would have been satisfied with him sticking it on a rocket and sending it to space for seven years, his original intention was to blow it up in space. Not something that he would do to a target he was being paid to retrieve.

"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

TheBlarghMan wrote:
Spoiler:
My personal theory is that he was out to steal the research that Cykes was doing on him. The moon rock being his target wouldn't make any sense; even if (for some bizarre reason) his bosses would have been satisfied with him sticking it on a rocket and sending it to space for seven years, his original intention was to blow it up in space. Not something that he would do to a target he was being paid to retrieve.

Spoiler: 5-5
Actually, if that was his original objective it will raise a question; How did Metis Cykes get the samples of his voice? The first thing he did is blackmail Yuri Cosmos to sabotage the HAT-1, then Yuri ordered Metis to get the samples of his voice. After that, he went to the space center to murder Dr.Cykes in order to steal the moon rock. Not knowing how to steal it without being caught by the security, he hid it in the Hope capsule, and then, the bombing happened. (If there's something wrong, someone please correct me.)

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

All shall bow before the mighty Godog!!!

Spoiler:
If I remember correctly, Blackquill was looking for him from before this specific incident, so he must have done some other high profile things and they must have gotten his voice data from one of these other unmentioned incidents.

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

Spoiler:
It's quite possible that the US government sent Cosmos a sample of the Phantom's voice for Cykes to analyze along with the various other information that she was supposed to compromise a psychological profile with.

"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

Gettin' Old!

Perhaps he was never out to steal the research or the moon rock. He might have had other operations inside the country and after his recent escapade they caught his voice on tape (after all he's not flawless, he got caught on camera). So the only reason he went to the Cosmos centre was to cover his tracks.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I remember it being said that Black had obtained the data from a different case and brought it to her. As for his mission, it was just to sabotage. He only cared about the space rocks once his blood got on them.

The Twisted Samurai

I really like him.

Always makes me laugh and cheers me up everytime I see him.
I had to laugh harder than I should when...
Spoiler: Case 3
Klavier asked Athena "is that like your way of greeting or something?" and they happily "spammed" IN JUSTICE WE TRUST" to each other"

and
When he handed over the finger print data and he said "in 3...2...1 IN JUSTICE WE TRUST" and went away and Phoenix was like "should we have answered him now?"

So yeah, great character, no matter the odds.
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Quote:
Klavier asked Athena "is that like your way of greeting or something?" and they happily "spammed" IN JUSTICE WE TRUST" to each other"

That was one of my favourite parts!
Spoiler:
When that happened all I could imagine was a look of confusion on Klavier's face, and him possibly feeling a little put out from their "inside joke"

I don't think it's a good way to introduce him and accuse him of murder in the same game, that way the character is just thrown out. What they should've done is that they kept Fulbright as a detective for at least three games in order for us to gain his trust. (Of justice of course.) and THEN they make a murderer out of him. (I don't know about you but it seems more interesting that way.)

Anyway, fanart tyme:

Spoiler: Fanart
Rest in peace, you sexy beast! :larry:

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Last edited by BonnyMono on Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Twisted Samurai

jjaystar wrote:
Quote:

That was one of my favourite parts!
Spoiler:
When that happened all I could imagine was a look of confusion on Klavier's face, and him possibly feeling a little put out from their "inside joke"

Spoiler:
He would certainly be the kind of guy, since he enjoys being the center of all attention and if he doesn't get what he wants, he can become really pissed.

Thena should have run an analysis on him while they did that little part. xD

Edit:
[spoiler]
BonnyMono wrote:
I don't think it's a good way to introduce him and accuse him of murder in the same game, that way the character is just thrown out. What they should've done is that they kept Fulbright as a detective for at least three games in order for us to gain his trust. (Of justice of course.) and THEN they make a murderer out of him. (I don't know about you but it seems more interesting that way.

Spoiler:
Yeah, but like that, we would have no really WTF-moment and after waiting 5 friggin years for a sequel, putting us more on the edge seems not like a good way to sell your game.
[

BonnyMono wrote:
I don't think it's a good way to introduce him and accuse him of murder in the same game, that way the character is just thrown out. What they should've done is that they kept Fulbright as a detective for at least three games in order for us to gain his trust. (Of justice of course.) and THEN they make a murderer out of him. (I don't know about you but it seems more interesting that way.)

Spoiler:
Well personally I think one game was more than enough time for us to gain his trust, especially when you realise just how badly most of us took the news that he was the phantom!

If we had to wait years, it'd just be like them releasing AA6 and making Gummy into a murderer, and that would be awful for a number of reasons and shouldn't ever happen ever.

BonnyMono wrote:
Anyway, fanart tyme:

Spoiler: Fanart
Rest in peace, you sexy beast! :larry:

Oh my god the gif XD what's even going on anymore.

More fanart.... *SCREAMING*
source
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Gettin' Old!

This thread :larry: That Art.....so much joy :acro:

(We need a smilie for Bobby weeping)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Prodigal Son

GUMSHOE AND BOBBY ART, THANK YOU FANART DEITIES.

Considering Bobby's...overly enthusiastic...personality, I wonder if his salary has been cut as much as Gummy's? Then again, he'd probably insist "a true hero of justice needs no compensation!" and end up on a meager paycheck all on his own.
RETURN OF THE JEDI STRIPES.

GUMSHOE AND FULBRIGHT OMG

Spoiler:
Am I the only one who caught that moment where Blackquill said he would raise Fulbright's pay? All I could think when I saw that was how I wished Gumshoe worked for him so he could afford more than instant noodles... maybe Bobby would help Gumshoe out if they were friends! So many headcanons!

Gettin' Old!

GreenStripes wrote:

Considering Bobby's...overly enthusiastic...personality, I wonder if his salary has been cut as much as Gummy's? Then again, he'd probably insist "a true hero of justice needs no compensation!" and end up on a meager paycheck all on his own.

Actually...and this may be a reference, I swear I recall Prosecutor Blackquill offering to RAISE Fulbright's salary in this game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

We are one

IN JUSTICE WE TRUST!
He's my favorite detective together with Gumshoe!
When the going gets tough, the Champion of Justice gets going!

Damnit man i felt so bad for Fulbright
Spoiler:
I wish i was out there right now finding Fulbright's sniper D:

The Twisted Samurai

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
You realize, that we never met the ACTUAL Fulbright, merely someone impersonating him, eh?

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
You realize, that we never met the ACTUAL Fulbright, merely someone impersonating him, eh?

Spoiler:
You also gotta remember, the Phantom can portray the person's personality he uses so in retrospect he is acting just like Fulbright

Pierre wrote:
GreenStripes wrote:

Actually...and this may be a reference, I swear I recall Prosecutor Blackquill offering to RAISE Fulbright's salary in this game.

He did! Blackquill said something like "you can expect a pay rise soon" and Bobby responded with something like "I don't do this for the money, I do this for JUSTICE!". Yeah something along those lines.

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I actually don't care about who sniped the phantom, he was a dick anyway. What I really want is the possibility that we get to see the Phantom in GS6.

Gettin' Old!

Louise wrote:
Pierre wrote:
GreenStripes wrote:

He did! Blackquill said something like "you can expect a pay rise soon" and Bobby responded with something like "I don't do this for the money, I do this for JUSTICE!". Yeah something along those lines.

:acro: Even with a bonus he always thinks of justice.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The video game boy; the one who wins

"Everyone's favourite friend of justice" <3
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

(I had to ask this question.) Who doubted Fulbright when he was shown as one of the main characters? I honestly thought he was gonna be a bit... dickish, this beautiful fellow is far from my expectations. AND I LOVE IT!

I thought he was going to be a bit annoying when we very first encountered him tbh, and I was sad that Ema wasn't there ;-;

I think I realised he was awesome when he did the sad face. Never in a bazillion years did I think he'd knock Edgey off the top spot on my list of favourite characters.

He far exceeded all expectations and that's why he's now my husband.

I certainly did.

Oh look, a ladder!

I loved Fulbright.
He even invented a new kind of idiot in the game.

Also, everyone in a tense serious atmosphere and then suddenly

"IN JUSTICE WE TRUST!" *ID tag*

Everyone: "AGGHHH"

As suddenly, the serious atmosphere is ruined with hilarity.

Semi off-topic: Now where's our Fulbright smilies?
*Insert witty signature here*

Oh man, I loved Fulbright. I grew attached to him right off the bat and absolutely loved all of his antics. I even tried to tell my boyfriend to cosplay as him. xD

Spoiler:
So obviously, I was completely heartbroken when the truth came out. ;A; Worse, I accidentally spoiled it for myself shortly before encountering the reveal in-game, though maybe it was better that way... If I hadn't been spoiled, I may have just died of shock and crippling sadness. Discovering your new favorite character died before you ever met them isn't exactly the easiest news to take. GS5 WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME.

I think this is the first time I've ever been so distressed about the outcome of a trial.

As for getting to see Fulbright alive in a flashback or past case... I don't know if I could handle that. ;~; Part of me wants to see him again because GOD, he was the best, but part of me also feels like it would be way too depressing seeing him being all chipper and adorable, knowing what his fate would be... Just thinking about it is making me sad again. TT__TT

Gettin' Old!

Kimmychi wrote:
Oh man, I loved Fulbright. I grew attached to him right off the bat and absolutely loved all of his antics. I even tried to tell my boyfriend to cosplay as him. xD

Spoiler:
So obviously, I was completely heartbroken when the truth came out. ;A; Worse, I accidentally spoiled it for myself shortly before encountering the reveal in-game, though maybe it was better that way... If I hadn't been spoiled, I may have just died of shock and crippling sadness. Discovering your new favorite character died before you ever met them isn't exactly the easiest news to take. GS5 WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME.

I think this is the first time I've ever been so distressed about the outcome of a trial.

As for getting to see Fulbright alive in a flashback or past case... I don't know if I could handle that. ;~; Part of me wants to see him again because GOD, he was the best, but part of me also feels like it would be way too depressing seeing him being all chipper and adorable, knowing what his fate would be... Just thinking about it is making me sad again. TT__TT

Spoiler: Case 5-5
I know I was the same, when I heard Fulbright was a real person my mind didn't jump to "phew at least Fulbright was a real person at one point" it just focused on how such a nice guy must've been offed at one point. :larry:

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Kimmychi wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Same here, I'm annoyed that I spoiled the ending for myself but if I found out at that exact moment in the game I would have actually screamed. Having to say he's the phantom made me tear up, I STILL DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT :sadshoe:

I want to see him in a future game. But I don't want to see him in a future game. But I want to see him in a future game. But I don't want to see him in a future game....

Basically what Pierre said, I couldn't handle meeting someone so lovely and knowing that they're going to get murdered in cold blood one day o(╥﹏╥)o

Here's a cute fanart, it's only one little bit in the middle but I love how it's coloured *_*

Spoiler: it's a bit big

(I didn't read any of the spoilers here)

Wow everyone seems to be loving Fullbright. I'm looking forward to see what's just so awesome about him...

The section with the judge in that fanart was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

Gettin' Old!

dangerousoffender wrote:
(I didn't read any of the spoilers here)

Wow everyone seems to be loving Fullbright. I'm looking forward to see what's just so awesome about him...

His undying sense of justice and adorable demeanour :kristoph:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

As far as I'm concerned, this says it all. Image

Oh look, a ladder!

GoingforMiles wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, this says it all. Image

Oh come on! You forgot the main bit!

"IN JUSTICE WE TRUST!"
*Insert witty signature here*

I love me some Bobby Fulbright! One of the best Ace Attorney characters to date!

Spoiler: Endgame
I know the original Bobby Fulbright is dead, but the phantom masking as him is still alive. At the end it said something along the lines of 'thankfully he didn't sustain any major injuries' / 'he's now in custody'. So when you guys are saying 'RIP Fulbright' - you're talking about the original one right? Because the phantom is captured, but still alive even after the sniper got him. That or I was having some serious reading problems near the end of the game and they were actually talking about someone else.

But yes, holy crud did that twist get me. I think I felt my jaw drop to the floor when it was revealed he didn't have any true emotions, and again when his mask ripped. Part of me thought the twist was super clever, but I was also looking forward to seeing him again in the next game as the new main detective :'(

IN JUSTICE WE TRUST!!!!

MaimJay wrote:
So when you guys are saying 'RIP Fulbright' - you're talking about the original one right?

Spoiler:
Of course! Fuck the phantom, he killed our Bobby ;-;

I hope in the next game we find out why he even chose Bobby at all, I wouldn't think he could just pick someone at random.

Gettin' Old!

Louise wrote:
MaimJay wrote:
So when you guys are saying 'RIP Fulbright' - you're talking about the original one right?

Spoiler:
Of course! Fuck the phantom, he killed our Bobby ;-;

I hope in the next game we find out why he even chose Bobby at all, I wouldn't think he could just pick someone at random.

Spoiler:
He probably picked him because he was a detective and there's a lot of privileges that go with that.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 3 of 13 [ 494 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)