Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 2 of 2[ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Case 1 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:
I thought it was Blackquill who is the prosecutor for Turnabout Return. They showed a screenshot of him in court on the DLC page of the website.

Spoiler:
Ah, you're right. I wonder if that will create any continuity problems, though. What is Phoenix's reaction to facing Blackquill in court for the first time in the current game?

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Spoiler:
Now that Edgeworth is Chief Prosecutor, he has control over the entire Prosecutor's Office, and thus the salaries of those who work there. To tell the truth, I'm terrified. At least it isn't Franziska, or the entire police force would be doomed.

Spoiler:
I understand that. I just think it's kind of fitting that Edgeworth has passed on the time-honored tradition of lowering salaries on to someone that actually deserves it.

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

I just noticed something, the... 'Thing' (I'm not so good at english) that Ted Tonate wears says 'POLICE' even though they're in Japan, why is that?
:eh?:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Tiagofvarela wrote:
I just noticed something, the... 'Thing' (I'm not so good at english) that Ted Tonate wears says 'POLICE' even though they're in Japan, why is that?

Because Engrish is cool. It's also a very widely recognized English word, so native Japanese speakers wouldn't have a problem reading it.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Tiagofvarela wrote:

Because Engrish is cool. It's also a very widely recognized English word, so native Japanese speakers wouldn't have a problem reading it.

Yes... Of course, how did I not think of that? Obviously...

The video game boy; the one who wins

I was positively surprised since this case was in the bottom two for me, and in my mind it had mythologized itself into an epically boring case. But... it's not that bad. I wasn't bored while playing, the difficulty was enough for being a tutorial case and it served as a nice intro to the game itself and to Athena and Aploplo the Apollo-imposter. Also, it was nice that we weren't just standing in the courtroom the entire case (as a sidenote, this must be the only first case to go on for two days?). My only problems were the cutacenes and Apollo's derpy-shonen-hero-OOC-ness, but both of these things will bother me for the rest of the game, I'm afraid. The end of the trial was pretty awkward but otherwise, a smooth ride.

I think Phoenix showed a nice level of maturity in this case, that shows he has grown up since his former lawyer-days. And, as they touch upon, he just got his badge back and is taking off from where he was at T&T but at the same time basically starting over, so it makes sense that he'd make some hasty arguments and get a bit stumped at times.

Cut-scenes aside, this gave me a good impression of Athena, too (since I didn't really remember how she was introduced here). For the first part of the case, she didn't come off as that perky and exciteable to me, and I kinda wish they had kept her at that level the whole way through and she wouldn't have been so similar to previous perky, exciteable AA-teenage ladies.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

It's also in about the same position for me,but that's because it's rather boring,and nearly turned me off the game with its anime ness.
Page 2 of 2 [ 46 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)