Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 7[ 271 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Dual Destinies Music DiscussionTopic%20Title

I'm no spoony bard, I'll have you know!

Earlier, Capcom announced that they'll be releasing the full soundtrack for Dual Destinies on September 20th, with over 60 music tracks in it.

So far from what I've heard, the music is pretty tight. My favorite song so far has to be the remix of Trials and Tribulations' Objection! theme.
Re: Dual Destinies Music DiscussionTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

I'm hoping to record a few tracks via Line-In, though there doesn't seem to be a sound test in the gallery, sadly.

I'm also a little disappointed there's no Cross-Examination ~ Presto theme; guess they wanted to leave that as something for AAI. We do get an actual Pursuit variation now, though, instead of the 'just-a-changed-intro' of the AAI games.

I love the new Announce the Truth theme.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Godot's the Man

Bolt Storm wrote:
I'm hoping to record a few tracks via Line-In, though there doesn't seem to be a sound test in the gallery, sadly.

I'm also a little disappointed there's no Cross-Examination ~ Presto theme; guess they wanted to leave that as something for AAI. We do get an actual Pursuit variation now, though, instead of the 'just-a-changed-intro' of the AAI games.

Bolt, when you upload the music to youtube, can you please try to make the titles of the songs as unspoliery as possible. For example can you please leave the name of the final boss out of the final boss theme? Im just guessing that there will be a final boss and a final boss theme seeing as how both AAI 1 and 2 had one.
Thanks!

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Sadly, there's currently not much to say because we can't get our hands on the entire soundtrack yet. :sadshoe:

I will agree, though, what we've heard so far sounds excellent. Courtroom Lobby is perhaps the most subdued pre-trial theme in the series. Even so, it manages to convey a sense of the calm before the storm.

Meanwhile, Trial sounds like it's combining elements from all of the first three games' trial music. It starts off grand and intimidating, like GS2 (0:00-0:26), then uses the same quick bursts of brass as in GS1 (0:26-0:35), followed by a lingering organ reminiscent of GS3 (0:47-0:58).

Can't wait to hear the rest of the soundtrack! (Don't worry, I won't be dissecting every single track like this.)

Totally not my sig...

The Trial to the Truth begins

My favorites are the Objection and the Ambushed themes for this game. It drives a sense of excitement. :)
Avatar made by Purple Angel and Signature done by Vicki-chan. ^^
I thank them both so much! The Trial to the Truth has begun.
Dual Destinies Playthrough: Here

I play videogames.

Bolt Storm wrote:

I was hoping for a Presto track too, but I figured a while back that they would keep that with the GK games. I get so pumped up whenever I cross-examine someone with that upbeat music...

I think we heard a little of the Allegro from one of the PV's early on and my first reaction was that it was kind of bland... How is it in-game though?
Image Image Image

Are! You! High!

Bolt Storm wrote:

I don't think any of us would mind the occasional sound effect overlap if it means getting to sample the soundtrack early. ;) But yeah, a sound test certainly would've made recording tracks a lot easier. Thanks, looking forward to it!

Great to hear about the "Pursuit" Variation. What's different about it, I wonder? I suspect it may have appeared in at least one of the various trailers..... small instrumental changes like an electric guitar backing or stronger emphasis on the strings? Can we assume orchestra hits make a prominent return? :)

I'm most curious to hear the new "Victory!" end-of-case theme. Iwadare's "Solution!" for Kenji 2 may have been my most favorite song in that game. :D
My Gyakuten Kenji 2 Original Soundtrack Review! -- http://a-liu2009.livejournal.com/20306.html

Last edited by Angela Liu on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

SeanHK wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

I was hoping for a Presto track too, but I figured a while back that they would keep that with the GK games. I get so pumped up whenever I cross-examine someone with that upbeat music...

I think we heard a little of the Allegro from one of the PV's early on and my first reaction was that it was kind of bland... How is it in-game though?

What are you talking about? It's beautiful; gives you a sense of pursuit like most other allegro themes.

Whew, my heart's still fluttering after watching that livestream. I'm still waiting on my copy of the game, but I couldn't help with my impatience.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

おい、パイ食わねぇか?

I haven't played the actual game yet, but I'd like to critique on the Cross Examination theme and Pursuit theme.
I ended up writing an essay, so I collapsed it down as a spoiler (though there's nothing spoiling at all)... cuz you know, it'll be a pain to scroll though it. :payne:

Spoiler:
I'm very glad that they brought Noriyuki Iwadare (I think that was his name) into the new game.
The sound director said in the blog that he has a very good understanding of the music for the game, and that is very true.
From the GS5 game, though I only played the demo, the Cross Examination theme was great. The past AAI and AAI2's Interrogation theme had Iwadare's sophistication in the vertical alignment of rhythmic patterns, and this theme was not an exception. Also, I was very happy that it had the mysterious, diminished feel in the harmony, just like the Cross Examination theme from AA3.
But I personally don't like the Pursuit theme that much. Iwadare's very good in rhythm and harmony, but he's actually not the best melody maker. The Pursuit theme from AAI is an exception, but it had too much complex patterns in each voice, which I assume he fixed in AAI2. However, I didn't enjoy the melody in this one. I personally think it was too straight forward, like a "Power Ranger" theme (as I call it), and the new GS5 was almost as the same. Yes, the new 3DS soundfont's used very well for the composition, but I just don't enjoy the melody as much. AA3's pursuit was definitely one of the best tracks of Iwadare, but I feel like he used up his melodic idea on this. I really miss the tracks like the adrenaline pumping Cornered theme from AA1 and the "OH, YOU BETTER NOT MESS UP" feel of the Questioned theme from AA2.
And finally, I'm having great hopes for the Ending theme, as they were mentioning in the blog how awesome it was. :will:

Check out my SoundCloud for Ace Attorney Transcriptions. And even AA style remixes of Nintendo music. .... Yeah, so basically a lot of Ace Attorney stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/crane43

Oh, and I'm Japanese.

I play videogames.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
What are you talking about? It's beautiful; gives you a sense of pursuit like most other allegro themes.

I will admit that I just heard (1:44 mark) the GS5 Allegro again, and it sounds better than when I first heard it.

The one problem I have with it is that it stays too much the same as the Moderate version (melody-wise). It's just faster. AA1-4 all added an extra phrase in their respective Allegro tracks but from what I hear in the video, it looped once without an added melody. I just thought this was kind of unfortunate (and a little boring).
Image Image Image

SeanHK wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

I will admit that I just heard (1:44 mark) the GS5 Allegro again, and it sounds better than when I first heard it.

The one problem I have with it is that it stays too much the same as the Moderate version (melody-wise). It's just faster. AA1-4 all added an extra phrase in their respective Allegro tracks but from what I hear in the video, it looped once without an added melody. I just thought this was kind of unfortunate (and a little boring).

It is a bit simple, but I believe the nico kaiga trailer cuts it off at a point just before its 2nd "verse", so to speak. When I heard it through a gameplay live stream early today, there was a slight added touch. JFA's CE ~ Allegro is by far the simplest compared to its Moderato.

Then again, I was more focused on how beautifully integrated the Pursuit ~ Variation theme was, and how the moment was intense, for lack of spoilers. Hopefully, my copy will stop by tomorrow~
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

I play videogames.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
It is a bit simple, but I believe the nico kaiga trailer cuts it off at a point just before its 2nd "verse", so to speak. When I heard it through a gameplay live stream early today, there was a slight added touch. JFA's CE ~ Allegro is by far the simplest compared to its Moderato.

Then again, I was more focused on how beautifully integrated the Pursuit ~ Variation theme was, and how the moment was intense, for lack of spoilers. Hopefully, my copy will stop by tomorrow~

Okay, then that would really squash my concerns about the track. Thanks for the information. Yeah, I'm pretty indifferent towards AA2's Allegro track. AA1's seems the most intense, AA3's is the most suspenseful, and AA4's seemed the most mysterious. Well, in my opinion anyways.

I disagree with the individual a few posts up who doesn't like the Pursuit in GK2. GK2's sounds a touch corny, but when I hear it in-game (especially the variation version) I get goosebumps. In fact, I recorded a scene in Case 5 that used the variation just so I could watch it any time I wanted...
Image Image Image

State Alchemist

I'm watching the livestream right now....and I've never heard a better remix of Apollo's Objection theme than that before! *o*

Kinda off-topic, but I recently wrote a review for the soundtrack to Professor Layton vs. Gyakuten Saiban if anyone's interested.
http://www.game-ost.com/albums/37512/pr ... c/#reviews

元・超会社員級の管理人

Well, video may be a no-go, but I've had better luck with audio.

Here's the Costume Switch theme, which is a great jazz rendition of Apollo's theme.

Cross-Examination ~ Allegro 2013...
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

The Minecraft Attorney

I've been wanting to hear the Allegro theme for a long time since I heard the Moderato one.

Sounds amazing, thanks so much for sharing! :will:

I play videogames.

Bolt Storm wrote:

Here's the Costume Switch theme, which is a great jazz rendition of Apollo's theme.

Thank you, sir!

EDIT: Wait a minute, the allegro version is just a sped up version of Moderate... Ah well, as long as the other tracks are good it doesn't bother me. Too much.
Image Image Image

Last edited by SeanHK on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Pursuit Variation and (my personal favorite by far) Announce the Truth 2013. Think that's all I'll do tonight.

EDIT: Okay, one more. Trucy's theme!

Wooster wrote:

Are! You! High!

Thanks for the recordings thus far, Bolt Storm!

"Pursuit Variation" does sound notably different. I can't say with 100% certainty, since I don't have a recording of the final retail version of the regular "Pursuit" to compare against, but there appears to be a pleasing new overlay of reverb across the entire track. The instrumentation seems strengthened all around, too; the bell gongs in particular are very distinguished sounding. Awesome.

SeanHK wrote:
EDIT: Wait a minute, the allegro version is just a sped up version of Moderate...

True, the omission of a bridge in "Allegro" does make it a bit samey-sounding. (I think GS2's Cross-Examination is the only other title in the series that doesn't have a bridge featured in its Allegro?) Still, I'm digging the key change, as well as that funky bass guitar plunk. :)
My Gyakuten Kenji 2 Original Soundtrack Review! -- http://a-liu2009.livejournal.com/20306.html

I play videogames.

Angela Liu wrote:
True, the omission of a bridge in "Allegro" does make it a bit samey-sounding. (I think GS2's Cross-Examination is the only other title in the series that doesn't have a bridge featured in its Allegro?) Still, I'm digging the key change, as well as that funky bass guitar plunk. :)

GK1 is the same, but the GK series has the mother of all cross-examination songs in "Presto 2009/2011", so it doesn't matter too much... to me. And maybe it's just me, but in GK2, I think they played Allegro more often than Moderate. Or at least it really seems that way.

Hearing this song and hearing Edgeworth say "Hold It!" makes my ears feel so good...

I wasn't a huge fan of the Allegro for GS5/DD, but I'm starting to like it after all. I still think it sounds real light but I'm sure in-game, with the sound effects, it sounds just fine.
Image Image Image

SeanHK wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

Thank you, sir!

EDIT: Wait a minute, the allegro version is just a sped up version of Moderate... Ah well, as long as the other tracks are good it doesn't bother me. Too much.

Well excuse me if I gave you the wrong impression. Still, it is fitting for its purpose and sounds rather nice.

Bolt, does Athena get her own Objection theme in Case 3? And if so, could you see about getting that for us???

EDIT: Watching the stream - yes, she gets her own objection theme. Would love you forever if you could get a rip of that!

The miracle finally happen...

In case anyone wants to hear Apollo Justice's Objection theme, I found this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFKAgx6-ZnE

It's bloody amazing.

Zekrom025 wrote:
In case anyone wants to hear Apollo Justice's Objection theme, I found this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFKAgx6-ZnE

It's bloody amazing.

Holy crap I think I'm in love with a song.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Zekrom025 wrote:

It's bloody amazing.

Huh, can't tell if that's the one I put up with the volume boosted or a different recording. It sounds pretty clean, but mine actually doesn't sound that bad once boosted either... :yogi:

In any event, I won't have time to record more until late tonight or tomorrow, but I'll try and boost the volume on mine, since I know they're quite quiet.

Wooster wrote:

A Trustworthy Witness

Loving the music so far! Apollo's Objection! Theme (both versions) is definitely my favorite, although that Announce the Truth theme is awesome as well. I hope the series continues to use orchestrated music from here on out. It really makes the music so much better!

OBJECTION!

All of the music for this game sounds so awesome! :will: Do you think that the DLC cases will have some unique music? :yuusaku:

Master of sharp things!

I swear, Fulbright's theme sounds like something out of Toy Story. Not that it isn't good, it's probably one of my new favorite songs, but it sounds so upbeat and jazzy. I wish someone would upload it, though.

I play videogames.

Finally got to Athena's Objection! theme a little while ago...

Wow, it's cool.

Spoiler:
Oh, and Rei's theme(?) is great too.

Image Image Image

元・超会社員級の管理人

Okay, I've got the volume issues sorted. Here's Athena's Objection! theme.

Wooster wrote:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Huh, Athena's theme sounds like if you took a vaguely peppy girly theme and mixed it down as a News Cast mix. I really like it. I think it's my favorite song that wasn't part of the prerelease trailers and demo.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

That one guy nobody knows

If Apollo and Athena (from what I heard in trailers) have their own theme outside of court, does Phoenix get one too?

The miracle finally happen...

I'm kinda surprised no-one has mentioned this little gem yet :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcfMfukG ... 0yBDnJiDbz

I think my stance with the new (non-remixed) GS5 music is that, while the songs are very good on their own right and very well composed, they're just not catchy or "hummable", if you will. I recently got into an argument defending the soundtrack of the 3DS Castlevania game, where I said that each track is beautiful and well composed, however they're quite forgettable and not something I'd ever be humming on my way to work any day. I have similar feelings for this game's soundtrack. I still think the Pursuit theme sounds like it was made specifically for the trailers (and I still wish they'd changed it to sound more like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZQBic8o7iY) but it's still really good.

Bottom line, the soundtrack is excellent, but the tracks are not as memorable as the previous games'.

Zekrom025 wrote:
I'm kinda surprised no-one has mentioned this little gem yet :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcfMfukG ... 0yBDnJiDbz

I think my stance with the new (non-remixed) GS5 music is that, while the songs are very good on their own right and very well composed, they're just not catchy or "hummable", if you will. I recently got into an argument defending the soundtrack of the 3DS Castlevania game, where I said that each track is beautiful and well composed, however they're quite forgettable and not something I'd ever be humming on my way to work any day. I have similar feelings for this game's soundtrack. I still think the Pursuit theme sounds like it was made specifically for the trailers (and I still wish they'd changed it to sound more like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZQBic8o7iY) but it's still really good.

Bottom line, the soundtrack is excellent, but the tracks are not as memorable as the previous games'.

But usually tracks become more memorable when you have something you connect with them. E.g. when you're remembering the in-game scene where it's played for the first time. Also the more often you hear a specific track obviously the more memorable it becomes, and we all probably heard the old tracks thousands of times.

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Wow. Mood Matrix Allegro. Just, wow. What is this for?

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

The tracks I've been listening to the most lately have been the Trial theme and Apollo's new objection theme. Apollo's theme will probably be my favourite track in the game. That electric guitar part is just...wow.
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

That one guy nobody knows

Thought Route and Pearl Fey ~ With Pearls, if anyone wanted to give a listen :violin:

jaydrick0620 wrote:

Well, I guess it is played when you use... the Mood Matrix...? Somewhen later in a case shortly before you bring down the culprit or discover something important?

TSMD wrote:
and Pearl Fey ~ With Pearls, if anyone wanted to give a listen :violin:

Oh my gosh, that's even cuter than the original!

迷探偵

Lusankya wrote:
jaydrick0620 wrote:

Well, I guess it is played when you use... the Mood Matrix...? Somewhen later in a case shortly before you bring down the culprit or discover something important?

Unlike the 'one-stage' Psyche Lock / Perceive mechanics, the Mood Matrix has multiple stages, a la a normal testimony / allegro testimony.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Achtung,baby~!

Unfortunately,the one song I'm not quite satisfied with is the pursuit theme which is a big part of the AA games for me.
Digging the rest of the tracks,though~
Fullbright's theme is great,lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bunu1Hh_wAI
Page 1 of 7 [ 271 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)