Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 2 of 2[ 54 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Episode 3: "Turnabout Sisters - 2nd Trial"Topic%20Title

Objected~!

I didn't mind the animation quality really. The pacing was okay for an anime series as well and its good to see Grossberg again even though he doesn't do the "EHEMMMMMM!!!!" thing at all. Did he ever do that in the Japanese version?

I was plan on watching this show eventually, but from some of the things being cut out I don't feel like I will enjoy it. The animation quality already is a bit of a disappointment and since this adaption doesn't even add any new cases I feel they should at least keep things that happen in the game in the show as well. Sure some isn't necessary but for me that's why I was excited about the anime. I already know the games because I've played them, but I wanted to basically see the game animated scene for scene or as much as possible. They could have done one episode trial and another episode investigation and so on. Either way I will eventually watch it, but I don't enjoy when things are cut out. Adding new scenes is fine, but not a fan of cutting out scenes.

The Real Human Being

10/10, had Maya.

Redd White is more a bastard in this than he was in the game, also I wonder why he didn't hit Phoenix?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

In this anime, Phoenix is literally untouchable. It's like playing a TAS of the games. That's why pacing seems so rushed. Nick's gunning for a speed record.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Igi ari!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
In this anime, Phoenix is literally untouchable. It's like playing a TAS of the games. That's why pacing seems so rushed. Nick's gunning for a speed record.

He really is not untouchable here. Maybe competent would be a better word. I mean the contradictions early on are just really really easy. It would be bad for a lawyer if he struggles before he even finds the killer. With that said, I expect him struggling next episode with Edgeworth's one of slyest tactics.

I'm not the biggest fan of cut material (who is?) but I really hope they drop the whole "Edgeworth gets another extension for no reason so Mia has to read a random list of names to get Redd to give up" part. That was probably the worst way to end a case ever.

They can seriously omit the "lol how was my dead sister impersonation" bit too.

A Kirby and AA fan

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

The what? What does this refer to?

Chronically Unstable

Nurio wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

The bit at the end of 1-2 where Phoenix visits the Fey & Co Law Offices, when Maya impersonates Mia and jokes about using her channeling powers to have Nick buy her miso ramen burgers.

I dunno. Was it really that bad?

The way White was brought down in 1-2 really was awful though. A random names list with no context whatsoever was apparently enough to bring down an overhyped blackmail company director.

Last edited by SPInc on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Programmer

Yeah, replacing that list would be a good change.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

AAI2bestAA wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:

He really is not untouchable here. Maybe competent would be a better word. I mean the contradictions early on are just really really easy. It would be bad for a lawyer if he struggles before he even finds the killer. With that said, I expect him struggling next episode with Edgeworth's one of slyest tactics.

Don't you know? When Nick plays TAS, he knows. He knows everything.

I bet he's even fluent in English.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

SPInc wrote:
Nurio wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

The bit at the end of 1-2 where Phoenix visits the Fey & Co Law Offices, when Maya impersonates Mia and jokes about using her channeling powers to have Nick buy her miso ramen burgers.

I dunno. Was it really that bad?

YMMV I guess but making jokes like that about your sister that was murdered two days ago felt all sorts of "too soon" to me.

A New Chapter of Trials!

Not gonna lie, I enjoyed that a lot. If nothing else this show provides us with many screenshots and hilarious voice clips! Definitely for fans of the games though, not really for a more casual audience.
Eureka!

The cape is self-fluttering

Redd White and his gloriously awful random English.

Flashback of kid!Mia and baby!Maya.

Edgeworth boasting about his thorough MAD SKILLZ followed by the cell phone recording he never saw coming.

Poor Gumshoe, just doing his job and taking crap for it. (okay, that's pretty much the entire series, but still)
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I feel like it's cutting out less than the Danganronpa anime, but the problem stems from Ace Attorney already being more fleshed out, so while they may be cutting out less, what they are cutting out is more meaningful.

Danganronpa's animation was far better though.

On to the good stuff...

April May was just as fanservicey as the game, perhaps more so, but she annoyed me less here. Maybe because they toned down that ridiculous "kitten-paw" pose of hers into something that seems somewhat more believable. (maybe it's just a fault of the original sprite being on screen too much)

Redd White's Engrish was hilarious.

Edgeworth is pretty well done here, although he suffers from poor animation.
Page 2 of 2 [ 54 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo