Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

Gyakuten Saiban 4 Japanese promotional TV miniseries?Topic%20Title

I found this old news from 2007 via Google while looking for something different:

Quote:
Japan airs a Gyakuten Saiban 4 televsion series to market the hit title.

As part of a promotion for Gyakuten Saiban 4 in Japan, the fourth game in the Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney series, Capcom is airing a television drama this week in Japan. The miniseries, which has not been confirmed as live action or animated, features five to ten minute episodes with a case for viewers to solve. The finale show will appear on the game's site.

Source:

https://v1.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... s-in-Japan

Has anyone heard about it? Or was is just a canard? :lotta-smug:
Re: Gyakuten Saiban 4 Japanese promotional TV miniseries?Topic%20Title

迷探偵

So I've been here on C-R since before GS4 was released, and I don't even remotely recall stories about a mini series. And it would definitely have been big news back then. It doesn't help your article doesn't cite any sources. Perhaps they mistook some of the CMs or something like that for a show? I remember the GS4 CMs included a famous real-life laywer.

They changed the old GS4 site for the 3DS remaster, so I can't check there anymore either. I remember seeing old developer's videos etc. on it, but I can't recall an "episode" of anything there...

Edit: I do remember vaguely there was a two part live-action CM series for AA, with a short (perhaps not even a minute) case for the judge as the first part of the CM, and the solution to the case as the second part of the CM, though I can't remember if it was for GS4.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I found two commercials you are probably talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdUOz7Btx78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQDBkAtMTb8

But I wouldn't call them "drama" or "episodes".

迷探偵

Precisely. I'm pretty sure there never was such a thing, and that the article linked is completely wrong, and mistook something else related to the GS4 promotion to be a show.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo