Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 2[ 52 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you "cheat" using "quick-save?Topic%20Title

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

Okay I admit it, I use the quick save cheat. For those of you who do not know the quick save cheat is very simple:

When you are on low "health" or have low "judge points" you can save your game and then try an option. If this fails, you reset and then go to your "quick save" and keep the "health" (or JP) you had before! (It's a little shameful I know)

So does anyone else do this?
Re: Do you "cheat" using "quick-save?Topic%20Title

stirring

I'm one of those freaks that takes a gamble and never uses the save feature unless I'm quitting or just beat a case.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

Holy Hell wrote:
I'm one of those freaks that takes a gamble and never uses the save feature unless I'm quitting or just beat a case.
There is something about shifting through all that dialogue again then though that's annoying, right?

Master of sharp things!

I only use the quick-save when I want to replay a certain part over on purpose, like saving right before the final presentation of evidence for Case 4. Otherwise I hardly ever use it, since it takes some of the pressure of making a decision on your own away, and that's hardly any fun. Makes things too easy, really.

stirring

Jibo wrote:
Holy Hell wrote:
There is something about shifting through all that dialogue again then though that's annoying, right?

I'm far too careful to let myself get Guilty'd though.

That's the thing about Phoenix Wright: IT'S EASY.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

HOTEL DUSK DANCE PARTYYYY

Well, you see, I don't need to because I never fucking lose. Javado

That's one of my rules.

You will see this on all of my posts. I used this account when I was 13-14 and some of the content I am not happy about. I am sorry to anyone who read my posts and was rightfully offended by any of it. I will likely not use this website again, just FYI.

Last edited by Wizard Anon on Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hot stuff

Yes, I do this, often. I did this mostly with Case 4 in Justice For All, since I want to beat it.

I'm an idiot. Phoenix

Hi

I did it in case 3 of JFA. I press a lot, and I was low on health anyway, and I really didn't wanna risk the whole case just because Moe decided to crack a joke. That would have sucked.

Just an odd goat.

Yes, just because I'm an odd goat. Er, I mean, I just don't have the brains to choose a correct option without deep consideration, pal. Detective Gumshoe

Plus there are some dialogues that I want to read again and again while on the way. Franziska's foolish sayings about a fool who foolishly don't know which to choose a foolish option without foolishly looking like a fool, as a foolish fool myself I'd bet myself to this. Dr? Hotti
I do not have a signature because I am just an odd goat.

That kid nobody likes.

'Course. I'm really bad at rhetoric and subtext unless it's blatantly obvious, so Phoenix Wright is a game I find myself saving in often Oops

Though most of the time I just start the chapter over.

*insert something witty here*

I only save when the game asks me too: I never use the start saves.

pixel artist

I do that since I tend to lack some kind of reasoning skill and don't always have the internet around to find something quickly.
I've never thought of it as bad - I grew up resetting to try and catch Articuno after all. Gymshoe

¯\(°_o)/¯

I only do it when I really don't know what to present. JFA case 4 made me quicksave alot.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

Guilty
i do this too, the dialog gets annoying especially when youre stuck on what you have to present...
like in JFA case 4
Spoiler:
i presented lotta hart's profile to oldbag and i had to present the camera instead >.>

Chibi characters are my greatness weakness >.< theyre too cute!!!!!
LOL that and girls :P
i am currently Acro

Not played by Powers or Engarde

Yeah, I'm guilty. I also use it to see all the dialogue I possibly can.

Frannie's stalker

Yes, ever since PW:AA Case 5. Every time Angel HAD to be a big slutty whore and give really boring and complex testimonies so I'd lose easily.

I don't like haveing to go through all the dialouge all over again because I need to present some obscure piece of evidence to a very minor contradiction, when there is a much bigger one staring right at me.
Formerly Cliff0023

Not much else to put down here. If you excuse me, I'm gonna go slather myself in maple syrup, now.

I only use the quick save when I'm low on health and unsure (and also don't want to replay all the stuff before that.)

But when I'm full on heath, I take my chances. XD

Who knows, anymore?

So far, I've only used Quicksave once...and that was at near the end of Case 1-5, "Rise From The Ashes"...but I did that so I could see the alternate "guilty" ending...

Spoiler: Bad Ending
...where you actually reveal the hidden evidence to Gant when he first asks about it near the end of the 3rd day of the trial.

Otherwise, I never really used Quicksave at all.

Listening to K.K. Slider

I use quick-save all the time. Usually because I have to turn off the game and do something else. But I use it just as much so that I can see what can happen when you choose the wrong things. If I mess up a lot, then I can just reset.

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

lilwasyu wrote:
I use quick-save all the time. Usually because I have to turn off the game and do something else. But I use it just as much so that I can see what can happen when you choose the wrong things. If I mess up a lot, then I can just reset.

Indeed. I usually go and see all the choices, because it's fun Edgy I can say I've "quick-save" cheated a few times, however, I never looked on the internet for an answer.

~We will become one~

Tinker wrote:
lilwasyu wrote:

Indeed. I usually go and see all the choices, because it's fun Edgy I can say I've "quick-save" cheated a few times, however, I never looked on the internet for an answer.
That's exactly my answer.

Mr.Twister

I Cheated...Sometimes,I'm Too Confused With The Testimony.So,I Do That...
Image[/URL]

Queen Of The Mods

I quick-save cheated on AA and JFA, and checked a guide too many times than I should have on AA.
I feel really annoyed that I checked the guide as often as I did on AA, as I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it more had I not. Luckily, my friend has had my copy of AA for 6 months now, so I've forgotten all the answers. Once she gives it back, which, at the rate she's going will be July (She started Case 5 on 21st December, I remember because I thought it was freaky she finished Case 4 on the day DL-6 happened, and it's taken her 2 and a half months to get to Day 2 investigation of Case 5 Nick ), I'll be able to play it properly.
I don't feel too guilty about Quick-Save cheating though, because I only do it when I'm really low on health, and I'm a dumb-ass so I'd never complete it otherwise. Edgy

Worthy's Girl. Den Mother. PxE Shipper

Location: Somewhere In Dream Time (Maine) having tea with Miles Edgeworth and discussing fanfiction.

Tinker wrote:
lilwasyu wrote:

My thoughts exactly; I use it all the time. Edgy Thinks I like to see all the choices so I do quick-save a lot; also when I either have other things I need to do or I don't feel like playing anymore and I don't want to lose my place in the game and because of low health issues as well. If I messed up too much, I just start the chapter or game over again. In JFA, I quick-saved all the time, much of the time on low health.
Kickin' AWESOME Sig By Elriel! Avatar Artwork by Enrychan (Commission)! Thanks! :)
"Bravo! Another triumph for deductive reasoning!"--SH (Michael Caine)

Last edited by EdgeworthFanGirl on Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is my liiiife?!?

I do it a bit, mainly as I'm not the most observant of people. :F It's especially annoying when I present the right thing and realise how obvious it was.

Impossachievable!

D00d3. I use it all the time. XD

Mostly because most of my gaming time comes at work (I work at a TCBY - a frozen yogurt parlor) and while customers are hemming and hawing at the drive-thru, I can usually get a few clicks in before I have to run and make a sundae or milkshake or whatever. ;) And, since sometimes that means I don't get to "hear" a whole textblock in one sitting, I'll sometimes forget something.

I've also used it when I wanted to see what would happen if I wanted to select an obviously incorrect option. There have been some that were seriously gold and I was brought to tears laughing. XD

I don't really consider it 'cheating' either. So I feel no guilt. X3 (As I would if I looked up a solution on the internet.) I think anyone who plays without a 'safety net' is h@rdk0r3, though. Good for you! :D

Cross-examining your posts!

I don't really consider it cheating. I do it when I don't want to check the internet for an answer but I don't want to screw up the case. Sometimes I just don't know what to present, or I am paranoid of losing health because of Moe. Alternativiely, I use it right after I get through a lot of annoying dialogue so if I screw up, I won't have to get through it all again...
Formerly Avenger...

VERA LOOK

I'm guilty.

Too guilty.

I do it all the time when I say "Oh, hell, it can be this... But it can be this too... Dammit! Lemme save."

Or anytime I'm nearing the end of a case.

Nothing Else Matters

Yes, I do use it.

I never let myself lose an ! or any heath from the bar. I like it to be perfect.

>.>
If anyone intends to join Gamefly, please do so via this link. I would appreciate it greatly. It would help me to get a free Wii. :)

http://friends.GameFly.com/r/d6f200a873ef102a919d

Phoenix in a jacket!

I only use it when
1. I am going to lose or
2. When my mom tells me to stop playing it at 11:00p.m.
Yes, I cheat so I don't have to listen to dialog like Ini's.
Urby made these. Thank you!
Go GyakutenMECHA!

5 cups a day keep the doctor away

Grossburg

I used the quick save cheat a couple of times in JFA

Super Tuff Pink Puff

I don't use it, I abuse the hell out of it! Godot

Mostly because I always get to one part of every case (minus JFA Case 1 and 3) where I completely forget what to do and I need be it to be my "Lifeline". Payne

I quick save a crazy amount. I don't consider it cheating, though. Most adventure games I've played let you save whenever, and I treat PW the same way. And if you die and have to restart, all you're going to be doing is scrolling through screen after screen of dialogue and presenting evidence every now and then. Not so much fun after the first time.

Doomed Defendant

Location: I live in Luxembourg, according to Mrs. Edgeworth. :B (Nah, it's Canadia.)

Not usually... I only use the QuickSave function when I have to shut the game off quickly. After all, it's there to suspend your game.

Of course, occasionally I'll use it to see all the choices of dialogue between characters, especially when I get to a "three way question".

Haven't we all?

Built For The Kill

I quick-save only when I'm unsure about which evidence to present... Which is around 1/3 of the time whenever I play the games... However I didn't use it even once in GS2/JFA Case One. :P

Actually, I've made a vow to NEVER quicksave once GS4 comes out. :P
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

If that's cheating...then I've never played the game right in my life XD

Struck by a blunt objection

I never knew about how I can actually save in the middle of the court until after I completed it. So no, I never used it.

I'm one of those retards who presses every button to see what they do XD So I figured out the quicksave very early.

Suzumiya Haruhi: Ace Attorney

I only use the quick-save because I love pressing the wrong option to see if anything funny will happen. :P
I have no Photoshop skills, so I have no sig. Boo...
Page 1 of 2 [ 52 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby