Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 3 of 71[ 2837 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 71  Next

Re: Favorite PW Pairings, Part Two!Topic%20Title

Fanfare wrote:
Ah, I see. Sorry for the weird question. But it's always fun to hear other people's opinions too. Anyway, I always thought Jake was... well, the cowboy he always was. Mostly. Not saying that you can't ignore your brother getting killed. >_>;

I'm getting off-topic, though. Sorry! x.x

Raugh. I might do an essay myself on a pairing if something comes to mind. For now... I got nothin'.

Happy to tell my opinion.

Good luck on that essay.

Science: It's cuter than ever

chief_skye4444 wrote:
Fanfare wrote:
chief_skye4444 wrote:
But I still like Marshall / Lana . They would make a cute couple. Their personalities are quite different, but I believe opposites attract. Though I would love too, I'm not going to rant. I have niether the time and/or patience.

WOO. I thought I was the only one.

Different even when Lana isn't cold anymore? Just curious. =O

I believe so, though not as much. Let's say Lana is happy again. She took off her 'mask'. When WE see Jake takes off his cowboy 'mask', he's serious, sad, and solemn, but I'm sure he can be cheery.

In summary, the real Jake is like the fake Lana.

That was one dynamic of the JakexLana pairing that I found particularly interesting--Lana, from the surface when you first met her, appeared to be cold, detached, serious, and blunt. Jake, on the other hand, was cheerful, aloof, joking around despite his important job and the situation. But when you delved deeper, Lana was really warm, compassionate, and I think before SL-9 she might even have been a bit silly. Jake, however, was serious, driven, withdrawn and somber. I don't believe that both of the initial impressions of them were entirely just fake, though. I think that Lana really is a serious and blunt person who, if need be, can probably detach herself from a situation to see it clearly. And Jake, when he doesn't have a driving force and motivation (i.e. Neil) can still be happy and fun. So while they're very different, they're also very similar at the same time, and it's interesting to watch the way they react differently to similar situations. I think a relationship between them would be refreshing at the same time that they'd be able to understand each other. While there would be conflicts between them, they could solve the conflicts and end up with a stronger and healthier relationship at the end.

This is not spy

SilverZephyr wrote:
That was one dynamic of the JakexLana pairing that I found particularly interesting--Lana, from the surface when you first met her, appeared to be cold, detached, serious, and blunt. Jake, on the other hand, was cheerful, aloof, joking around despite his important job and the situation. But when you delved deeper, Lana was really warm, compassionate, and I think before SL-9 she might even have been a bit silly. Jake, however, was serious, driven, withdrawn and somber. I don't believe that both of the initial impressions of them were entirely just fake, though. I think that Lana really is a serious and blunt person who, if need be, can probably detach herself from a situation to see it clearly. And Jake, when he doesn't have a driving force and motivation (i.e. Neil) can still be happy and fun. So while they're very different, they're also very similar at the same time, and it's interesting to watch the way they react differently to similar situations. I think a relationship between them would be refreshing at the same time that they'd be able to understand each other. While there would be conflicts between them, they could solve the conflicts and end up with a stronger and healthier relationship at the end.

WHAT YOU SAID. That's what I meant. I was distracted by Pokemon earlier, so... meh.

Thank you. I'm a bad writer. XD;

My DeviantART account

Sexy Angie icon by me, sorry dudes. No stealing here, please.

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

We can just accept that BOTH the Marshall brothers were banging Lana.

...at the same time.

Lana likes being with multiple men.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

This is not spy

That wins just as well.

My DeviantART account

Damn straight it does.

Comfy and easy to wear.

Spoiler: Musouka's Maya x Franziska essay
musouka wrote:
Pretty much C&Ped from chat. XD

A relationship with Maya would really explore a side of Fran that no other relationship would. And that's because Maya is her own age. Maya would sort of pull her down into allowing herself to be her own age.

And, Fran's reactions to her...it's like... Okay, using F/A as a comparison Adrian's effect on Fran would be more subtle. Maya will smack Fran and tell her "No. Stop." And then Fran urks and SO CUTE. And, just the thought of Fran smiling or LAUGHING like a normal teenager. It would be hard to get her to that point, but I think Maya could. Even with Adrian, Fran has to be an "adult". It's an adult relationship. And, it's a role she's comfortable in, so that's not ZOMG HUGE ISSUE, but it's also fun to really push her out of her comfort zone.

There are also issues to deal with. There's Phoenix. There's what would happen if it ended up being Phoenix VS Fran at trial. Because if Maya didn't support her, Fran would be hurt. And angry. But at the same time, Maya wouldn't support Fran over Phoenix if she thought Phoenix was right. But if Fran was hurting afterwards, I could see her forgoing the victory dinner to comfort her.

In that respect, it would allow Maya to be the mature one for once. Because even as Maya allows Fran to act her own age, Maya is also dealing with a damaged person, and she's good at putting her own feelings aside and being supportive in that sort of situation. There are times, when dealing with Fran, Maya would have to be the "adult". If she was comforting Fran, I could see her saying something like "You were really amazing in there." No irony, just a simple glance and a smile as she sits beside Fran. Fran, of course, turns away and scowls, but she can't help but be touched all the same.

They would both be protective of one another, because that's a personality trait both of them share. Heaven help the person that upset or tried to hurt Maya if Franziska was around, and vice versa! I could even see Maya defending Fran if Phoenix was ragging on her a little bit. If she was in love with Fran, she would be protective of her.

Pearl's reaction would be hilarious. I don't think she would accept it at first. (Not only does Mystic Maya NOT love Mr. Nick, she likes that meanie prosecutor that bullied her?!) And that would sting Fran a lot, because the Feys are really a weak point with her. We see that in her 3-5 interaction with both Pearl AND Maya. They're so forward about their feelings and she tries to keep hers bottled up so strongly that she doesn't know how to DEAL with them. And of course Phoenix's reaction... ("WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO DATE FRANZISKA VON KARMA?")

I know that there's practically no basis for it, but the character dynamics are wonderful. It brings Franziska more firmly into Phoenix's world, instead of being on the side, and that means she does have to deal with a lot of people she wouldn't normally. It also allows for some really great Miles and Maya interaction, as I'm sure Maya would need to talk (and vent) about Franziska to someone. I don't think Miles would really understand the attraction, but I don't think he'd be strongly against it. Maya has been a very positive force in his life.

And there are just so many wonderful mental images. Maya pulling Fran off to go see something, Fran looking down at where Maya has grabbed her hand. Fran hanging around the Wright and Co offices, waiting for Maya, as Phoenix TEARS HIS HAIR OUT. Fran and Maya going out on dates, like to the movies. And Maya asks her what she thought of it, and Fran says something about how it was a complete waste of time. Cue Maya's depressed sprite. Fran rushes to stutteringly say it wasn't THAT bad. There were...a few good parts.

Maya Fey Franziska is my "cute" couple. It doesn't have the depth of oh, say, Franziska Adrian, but there's so much you can do with it. With Franziska Adrian , I like it because of what's in the game. That surprisingly strong canon basis and for the complexity they bring out in one another. With Maya Fey Franziska, I like it for the potential...

OHMYGOD, you were so right. That's the most adorable thing I've read in ages. o.o
I really wish I could say something more coherent than "cute, cute CUTE!" but I honestly can't.
God, it's cute. >.>

Warehouse Tiger

I want to agree on almost every point you've made except for Phoenix. He probably would go 'Franziska + Maya = does not compute", but would be supportive (After he and Pearl went on stalkstakeouts to make sure Fran wasn't doing anything bad/questionable/etc as an older brother probably would).

Still an awesome potential pairing, though.

~Zizzo

俺の黄金の魔女

Zizzo wrote:
I want to agree on almost every point you've made except for Phoenix. He probably would go 'Franziska + Maya = does not compute", but would be supportive (After he and Pearl went on stalkstakeouts to make sure Fran wasn't doing anything bad/questionable/etc as an older brother probably would).

Oh, I don't think he would try to stop them. But Maya dating Fran means more Fran in his life which means having to deal with her on a regular basis, so who could blame him for being a little Nick. Fran is confrontational and still sees Phoenix as ZOMG RIVAL. She'd nitpick him to death and boss him around--exactly like how she does in 3-5.

Poor Phoenix.

Maya x ANYBODY (who isn't Phoenix) gives me funny Phoenix mental pictures.

You know... that detective lady.

Huh, I wonder why I never noticed this thread before. *shrugs*
Anyway... pairings... I tend to like weird ones.
Now of course I like Phoenix Edgy, though I'm not nuts about it.
Believe it or not, one of the ones I really like (in my own little fantasy mind) is Wellington Pshhh... , even though that relationship would pretty much be the two of them arguing over who is more fabulous.
I like other ones that don't make any sense so I'll just keep them to myself. XD
I'm more confused than Wellington with a bunch of bananas.
D.A's Fan Art Thread Updated 06/02
"People should live freely without constraints. That's how life should be!" ~ Richard Wellington

I like chicken

Thanks to Court Records, I now have some new pairings I like!

My Fave Stays Phoenix / Maya Fey . If I get can be bothered, I'll end up writing a rant about why I like it, but I'm too lazy.
In no particular order:

Yanni Yogi / Gant ...Don't ask. I read a fanfic, and it ended with me supporting it.
Adrian / Franziska . This is the first slash pairing I've liked. And it's mostly down to CantFakeTheFunk's rant.
Edgy / Franziska .I still like it, but not as much.
Eh? / Maggy . Just cute, but it may be a little one-sided.
Spoiler:
:matt: / Enguard....The fanart is awesome.

Gregory / Von Karma...No comment.
Heelllloooo. I'm to lazy to make a sig, but you don't really care, do you?

Hooray! My rant worked!

I bump!

I like chicken

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
I bump!

Indeed you do!
Heelllloooo. I'm to lazy to make a sig, but you don't really care, do you?

What is my liiiife?!?

Well, I personally don't see any of the Yuri or Yaoi pairs working, but thats just because I'm not into either of them. But, no-one seems to have given an essay to.....

Dick Gumshoe Detective Gumshoe/Maggey Byrd Maggy
This is my absolute favouritist pairing, and one that many people will agree with. But, as this is a mini-essay I'm going to say why I like it :F It pretty much starts off with the fact that they worked together on the force, with Gumshoe as his superior. At that time though, she was going out with Justin P, which made Gumshoe jealous. It's pretty obvious he developed a HUUUGE crush on her, especially his reactions in case 2-1.
Gumshoe: Actually, I was supposed to go, too, but... I couldn't pay the deposit for the trip, so I didn't. If only I had gone on that trip...
Maggey in turn, said many complimentry things about her superior officer.
Maggey:Yes, sir! And while I was a trainee, he was always watching out for me, sir! He's such a wonderful guy, sir! I'll never forget what he's done for me!
Spoiler: GS3
But then Maggey got a new job, in Tres Bien as a waitress. And then, after Maggey got accused of being a murderess again, things got worse. Gumshoe had to testify against her (:godot:, you're a horrible horrible man) and during a recess, she calls him a traitor, and never wants to see him again. Of course, poor old Gumshoe is distraight, especially as it was him that got Nick onto the case for her defence. But even through all this, he still gets her a lunchbox, asking Nick to give it to her. But in an even more heartbreaking moment, she refuses the lunch. (Nick and Maya eat it instead). Gumshoe still does his duty though, and helps Nick and Maya out when they were in a tight situation with Zenitora (:zenny: RAWR!)

And During the final part of the Trial, Gumshoe works his ass off to produce the final evidence to prove her innocent. And we finally see that she's forgiven him, as she eats the lunch he prepared for her, even though he was still afraid to face her

We can definatly see that Gumshoe loves her, he'd probably even die for her :) And we can tell that Maggey likes him in return, because she wouldn't have been angry if it was anyone else. Not to mention she forgave him quickly after the case was over. Thats why I believe that the Gumshoe and Maggey paring works and is SOOOO ADORABLE ^_^

Science: It's cuter than ever

Awwwww, I didn't know all of that about GS3, that really is adorable ^o^ So I think GumshoexMaggey will be added to my list of favorites once I get to play TaT.

I've been certified as Clinically Insane

would i be considered a perv if i liked Ema/Phoenix?
I <3 kittens they are too damned sexy. :hobohodo:
I hate my real name so call me Raven or Poe.

e × e = e²

Are we talking about pedo Ema or hawtness Ema? Because I like both (and I pair Ema/Edgeworth, so).
ImageImageImageImageImage

I've been certified as Clinically Insane

well pedo for the 1st game and hawtness for gs4 of course
I <3 kittens they are too damned sexy. :hobohodo:
I hate my real name so call me Raven or Poe.

That kid nobody likes.

I <3 crack pairings.

North-Going Zax

Konran wrote:
I <3 crack pairings.

Care to elaborate?

A passionate fart, smelling dead

Shoe / Von Karma FOR THE ABSOLUTE WIN.
Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me, define me! I am the infinite telomerase! I am not an anti-existence! I AM THE PERFECT MISSINGNO.--er, chain!

Proud to be anti-Edgeworth!

This is not spy

Konran wrote:
I <3 crack pairings.

HIGH FIVE!

Anyway, Larry/Franziska and Larry/Maya are ever-so-slowly becoming favorites of mine. I don't know why. They're kinda cute. I don't feel like typing something for why they're plausible (that's for the Debate thread anyway). I just like 'em. 8D Hush.

My DeviantART account

My fav, by far - Phoenix / Maya Fey
I find it so cute and natural , a match made in heaven

I also like

Edgy / Franziska

Detective Gumshoe / Maggy

Adrian / Franziska

Angel Starr / Marshall

That kid nobody likes.

hyacynth wrote:
Konran wrote:
I <3 crack pairings.

Care to elaborate?

Anything that just makes you stop and go WTF.

I mean, don't get me wrong. For example, Phoenix / Edgeworth I like, but it's been done to death. I enjoy original pairings that don't make any sense whatsoever.

Lolwut?

I was playing 1-5 (again) with a friend earlier today because we are seemingly obsessed with the characters, and she suggested...
Spoiler:
... Lana / Meekins because they both cut their hands at the approx same time with knives while "murdering people". XD

Now THAT'S crack!
Pardon me while I run off and try to find some way to justify it with a college-thesis length essay.

Too lazy... hur hur.

This is not spy

Aetheryn wrote:
Pardon me while I run off and try to find some way to justify it with a college-thesis length essay.

Please do. Will Powers

My DeviantART account

Lolwut?

Fanfare wrote:
Aetheryn wrote:

Please do. Will Powers

Ack AIE! RUN AWAY! :P
Too lazy... hur hur.

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Jean wrote:
My fav, by far - Phoenix / Maya Fey

I'm like in the middle with them, I like the way they are always there for each with the bestfriendship but they would be a cute couple.

I dispise Edgy / Franziska I like the sibling type of relationship they got.
fuck

My favourite:
Nick Maya Fey

Others I like:

Adrian Franziska
Pshhh... Sob
Edgy Edgy
Larry April May

This is not spy

Aetheryn wrote:

I SWEAR I WON'T THROW THAT CACTUS. D=

My DeviantART account

ROCK AND ROLL! HIGH SPEED!

Location: Inside Edgey's closet. Shhhh! Don't tell him I'm here!

Fanfare wrote:
Konran wrote:
I <3 crack pairings.

HIGH FIVE!

Anyway, Larry/Franziska and Larry/Maya are ever-so-slowly becoming favorites of mine. I don't know why. They're kinda cute. I don't feel like typing something for why they're plausible (that's for the Debate thread anyway). I just like 'em. 8D Hush.

I'm a Larry / Ka-Whip shipper too! My favorite half-joking pairing, but it's growing on me too! I already put my essay regarding the subject in the debate thread! Von Karma
My art thread!
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*

This is not spy

Android 21 3/7 wrote:
I'm a Larry / Ka-Whip shipper too! My favorite half-joking pairing, but it's growing on me too! I already put my essay regarding the subject in the debate thread! Von Karma

SWEET! :O I'll have to read them. I can't decide between Larry/ Ka-Whip or Larry/ Maya Fey. Both are cute, though...

My DeviantART account

Lolwut?

Fanfare wrote:
Aetheryn wrote:

I SWEAR I WON'T THROW THAT CACTUS. D=

Don't throw Billy! I'll be good--I promise!

*ahem*
I like Marshall / Lana --it is a definite fave of mine. I'd rant more about it but I really wouldn't have that much to add since most has been said already. ^_^
Too lazy... hur hur.

This is not spy

Aetheryn wrote:
I like Marshall / Lana --it is a definite fave of mine. I'd rant more about it but I really wouldn't have that much to add since most has been said already. ^_^

THE WORLD NEEDS MORE Marshall/ Lana.

You officially win. =D

My DeviantART account

Hobo Hodo Fangirl

My absolute favorite pairings:

Phoenix / Edgy
Matt / Juan Corrida

Sometimes I feel like the only person who likes Juan/Matt Sadshoe

Other favorite pairings:

Texas Man / Phoenix
Lotta Hart / Larry
Larry / Maya Fey
Pearly / Cody (when they're older. I'm not much of a fan of eight year olds doing it XD)
Texas Man / Angel Starr

I think that's all 8D There are a couple more that I would read if I could but don't really pay attention to. I'm surprised I like so many het pairings and no yuri pairings, I'm usually a yaoi/yuri kind of girl.
-Rikka-

"What the hell is that wriggling piece of plywood?!"
-Miles Edgeworth

ROCK AND ROLL! HIGH SPEED!

Location: Inside Edgey's closet. Shhhh! Don't tell him I'm here!

RikkaFish wrote:
Pearly / Cody (when they're older. I'm not much of a fan of eight year olds doing it XD)

Who said they'd have to be doing it for it to be a pairing? It could be like Sakura and Syaoran from CCS! They could give each other teddy bears! :3 Or nickel samurai figurines.
My art thread!
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*

My top favorite
Egdeworth/Franziska
I don't even know when I first started liking them, but once I realized I did, I fell hard; I just toally adore this couple <3 I'm aware of the brother/sister thing (and I like that too, it's cute) and I agree tha in the games, that's all there is. I like the idea of them together 'after' the games. Though, still, their moments in the game make me squee.
Phoenix/Mia
Kind of like E/F, it just kind of came to me. I just find it so cute (I'm actually kind of surprised I like it, because she's older and taller, and I don't really like it when the girl i older/taller; something about that just bothers me. But when I am able to like couples I like, it usually makes it seem special to me.)
Spoiler: Put under spoilers anyway, even though I'm sure everyone knows already
I kind of like young!Phoenix/Young!Mia more then 'present', mostly because something about it's just sweeter, because I like young Mia, and because, well,... she's alive 0_o That doesn't stop me from shipping them, but it would be a lot easier if she was. I was very happy when I realized there was a case that ahad them interacting more.

Maya/Ema
I've liked this ever since I heard Ema's profile "Maya 2.0". I was like "... Yeah, they would totally get along, I bet."

Not quite top, but almost
Lana/Mia
"Intellectually attracted", lolz. Yeah right. x3 I've been thinking about this couple a lot lately, thinking about a story I'd like to do someday, and I did some doodles of their dog forms, and I like it a lot more then I used to now.
Jake/Angel
Mostly just cause I think they look cute together. I'm seriously the kind of person that will just slap two people together cause they look good or something x3

Middle
Gumshoe/Maggey
They don't nescessary look cute together, but I think they could be cute together.
Max/Regina
I blame a Phoenix Wrong I saw once for this. There's just something about it I like (even more after 2-3), and the cirus folk don't really have anyone else...

Couples I don't really support, but find enjoyable
Adrian/Franziska
I adore the fics and art I've seen of this couple and follow the Fool was jsut lovely. but i still don't support this couple, and I can't figure out why (maaybe because I'm too obsessed with E/F, or maybe I don'treally like the idea of the smaller younger one as the dominet one, I dunno...) But I still read fics and enjoy the art.
Franziska/Maya
You people got me into it!

Crack
Missile/Shoe
Dog/Cat is my favorite different-species kind of pairing x3
Matt/Adrian
What the hell was I on when I thought this up? 0_o All I know is it kind of grew on me... too bad she hates him.
Mia/Franziska
Only because they're my favorites.

There's probably more, and I'll add to this if i think of anymore. There really aren't any PW pairings I dislike, the rest are more of a matter of not really supporting them. Don't even get me started on threesomes, I love threesomes <3
I draw, see?
As puppies, lolz x3

Last edited by Arcticwaters on Mon May 21, 2007 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lolwut?

Fanfare wrote:
Aetheryn wrote:

THE WORLD NEEDS MORE Marshall/ Lana.

You officially win. =D

Woohoo!

Didn't Angel talk about Lana and Jake for a bit after you see Edgey...
Spoiler: 1-5 semi-important thing
...with his resignation paper?

Anyway, she said something about that when Neil died, Jake probably would've lost it if it wasn't for Lana helping him through.

When she said that, Marshall / Lana immediately rose to the top of my list.
Too lazy... hur hur.
Page 3 of 71 [ 2837 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 71  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby