Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 8 of 32[ 1259 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 32  Next

Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright were a MECH PILOT?Topic%20Title

Chimera

Just a quick post to say: I'm working on the credits page right now. I'll continue working tomorrow - it's almost midnight at the time of writing, where I am.

ArghlessthanaminuteleftIbetternotrushtoomuch!
Thank you for flying Phoenix Wright. We hope you have a nice day.
Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright were a MECH PITopic%20Title

Before I begin: Pictures from that one site in case you're having problems/you're too lazy to look for them:
1 2 3 4 5
Nothing much, but I thought they were amusing.

Kwoiffei: I have no idea what they're called either, but I'm sticking with 'orbitals' because I don't have much experience in sci-fi lingo.
(The site is looking neat so far, so it'd be cool to see what's next. Shoe )

Funk: First off: :D
Back to my message -
So will there be a moon called Penelope and there's a bunch of people trying to colonize it or something because the original owner-dudes aren't there anymore? |D
Okay I'll stop now.

Quote:
Kwoiffei: I have no idea what they're called either, but I'm sticking with 'orbitals' because I don't have much experience in sci-fi lingo.

I'd call it an orbital as well just because it looks so much like a p-orbital.Goodman

Chimera

Urby wrote:

*Whew* Good to see I'm not the only one. (The most experience I have with sci-fi in general is through Star Wars...)

And now I have this hilarious mental image of Phoenix and Edgeworth having an epic lightsabre battle. wtfmate Although we could probably have something similar in GyakuMECH... just not with lightsabres.

"Orbitals" - right, got it.

As for site... first draft of the credits page probably should go up sometime today.

Lightsabers?

Well, the Mitsurugi has a sword. And I bet the Huma, with some proper stepping, could use its wings as cutting edges.
YOUR WISH CAN COME TRUE. Adrian In one form or another.

Empere was talking about Franziska owning a lily, and that got me a-thinkin'...
Here's the product of my thinkin's

"So Urby, was this just an excuse to draw Adrian a lot?"
Perhaps.
"Did you draw it so you can use the 'Quit doodling on my mecha' thing again?"
Very likely.
"Or was it so you could put Judial in Gyakuten MECHA?"
ABSOLUTELY NOT.
i has no idea why she's on the badger because i think she'd rather be with the fusegi

Drew Fran like I saw her in Busterella's sketchies, but of course it's not nearly as epic.

lolkoala.

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Seriously, if there's a CFTF Seal of Approval you just got like, 20 of them. I LOVE your Fran design, it's like you took her out of my mind :P And the flight suits? I think you just designed our flight suit concept for GyakuMECH singlehandedly. Seriously, they're all wonderful and AWESOME and I am in awe and you're wonderful.

Jeepers thats sum high praise! O_O I'm glad Friska looks like what you imagined, thats what I was hoping for. :D I'm gonna try my best to make some more stuffs in the not so distant future.

*takes the 20 CFTF seals of approval and squishes them into her pocket* <.< >.>

Urby wrote:
Empere was talking about Franziska owning a lily, and that got me a-thinkin'...

Daw! Poor Adrian. XD
THIS IS A SIG.
I draw things.

Oh snap!

@Urby: I LOVE that little comic you did Redd White ! I really like how Adrian never takes off the comm headset.

@Busterella: Looking forward to future stuffs from you! You certainly deserve the 20 CFTF Seals of Approval you got.

In the year 4016, justice is no longer fought for in the courtroom—but with giant freakin’ robots!

Chimera

Dear Kwoiffei: Why do you put everything off? "Because... nevermind. I have no good reason." Dangit.

@Urby: For some reason, I love how you drew Adrian's expression when she said, "She's going to be so mad..." in that comic. The whole thing's quite adorable.

Now, for the main reason I post here today... the credits page has been giving me a lot of trouble. >_> I've been thinking over how I could do it, and how the people could be listed, and stuff like that, and I've managed to come up with something... sort of...

So! People! This is where it leads me to say: everyone who participated (and wants to be on the credits page) will have a short description of what they contribuated, and quite possibly, a little 'blurb' from them about GyakuMECH and how they helped. Or even a combination of the two. At least, that's the theory, anyways...

"But Kwoiffei? How will it work?" I haven't quite worked that out yet. >_> But I know I can get it to work somehow.

...end rambling, yaddayaddayadda. This is GyakuMECH's website monkey, we now return you to your regularly scheduled explosions. :D

Greg: Nope, Adrian keeps the headset the entire time. She doesn't ever take it off, not even for one panel.
I wish I could be that commited. Matt

Kwoffei: I KNOW I SURPRISED MYSELF WITH THE QUALIT-EE OF THAT. Adrian In fact, I avoided a lot of my usual problems with this little comic, most notably shrinking. Judial is consistantly shorter than Adrian (which she should be). Also tried some new twisties whatever which you may have noticed in the third panel or something.

About the credits: Hm, that sounds like a good idea. I was thinking something about a 'main crew' blurb page, where the primary contributers could do a short yak about themselves. "This is Funk; he's the ruler of the universe. At least, the Gyakuten MECHA one. Probably most of the others, too."
But this way everyone could laud themselves, which is always a good thing.
At the cost of sounding arrogant, I think I have pretty much down what I'd like to say about myself. *pompous laugh!*

...Okay I'm done.

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

Whoo.

Kwoiffei #1 - No worries, take your time. :)

Urby #1 - A-ho! Yes, that does very much seem like Gyakuten Saiban cosplaying Gundam SEED. :P (Actually, the white uniform that Kami/Mia are wearing is sorta what I had in mind >.>) Also, there probably WILL be a moon called Penelope, but I doubt we'll take the comparison that far :P Perhaps also a moon called... Nestor or something.

Also, orbital works fine.

Kwoiffei #2 - Whoo lightsabers. And we've got beam sabers, that's close enough >.>

Urby #2 - Judial makes me crack up. She's like a female Gunther :P Seriously though, that's ADORABLE and hilarious and you rule. I love Adrian's expressions and I love how she never takes the damn headset off :P This is great.

Busterella #1 - Please please PLEASE do I will love you and give you cookies.

Kwoiffster #3 - Sure. What did you have in mind? :)

Urby #3 - Yeah, that works fine. I'm also thinking we'd have a "Dramatis Personae" page with short blurbs about the characters, how they've changed from GS, their role on the ship/in the navy/whatever, but only a paragraph or two at most. And then a "Cast" page with more in-depth (SPOILERY LOL) bios. Or something.

So, thinking a bit more... romance. Can love blossom on the battlefield?! (Shut up, Otacon)

A.K.A. how much does Funk want to hint at Fran/Adrian here? *coughcough >.>*

Nah, not really. Every good mecha series does need its fair share of homoeroticism, though, but I think that if we just remain true to the original series there will be plenty of that :P There will definitely be some YuuMare, though (Phoenix, with insomnia, walks onto the bridge of the Turnabout in the middle of the night to find the on-duty bridge crew (pilot Mareka and security officer Yuusaku, who in this are still newlyweds) heavily engaged in a tonsil-sucking session. Phoenix blinks as they embarassedly spring to their feet, sleepily asks Mareka if they're going to crash into anything soon--she says they're on autopilot and nothing on the scanners within 10k kilometers--he's all "kay, as you were." and leaves).

But really, maybe it'd just be best to leave it to the readers to read into what they want to. Or possibly Mu/Raelle will murder me if I don't heavily insinuate PxE. >.> Who knows!

(I really do like moments with Friska and Adrian (*coughbigsurprisecough*). Adrian crying over Fran's unconscious, bloody/bruised body after pulling her out of the vacuum of space, not leaving her bedside in her coma "A spotter's pretty useless without her pilot...". Franziska sort-of-not-quite-admitting that as a pilot needs to trust her spotter completely, Addy is one of the only people who can do the job.)

(Maybe at the very end, celebrating after the destruction of Charybdis (complete with Ewoks!), Adrian kisses Franziska in celebration. Larry misunderstands this and subsequently also kisses Franziska. Franziska then decks him.)

Also... upgrades! All mech shows have upgrades of the primary characters' ships halfway through!

Mitsurugi returns more powerful after Edgeworth's "death" and return, though I'm not quite sure what it gains. Possibly the ability to control the length of its energy sword, but what else? Maybe a more powerful ranged option?

Huma... got no clue. None.

Brynhildr... after it gets blow'd up by Matt's Assassin, it gets rebuilt by the Federation, more powerful than before. It gets a pair of powerful afterburners that tremendously boost the speed but run the risk of hurting the pilot as well as causing total engine burnout if on too long. She also gets the ability to... well, her whip weapon becomes upgraded to the Valkryie Blade, which is... if you've played Soul Calibur, it's like Ivy's weapon. It's a whip but can also function as a solid sword for dueling. Also, when in whip form, it can extend the length on command.

Both the extendy-whip and the afterburners become crucial in letting her beat Matt in the final duel in the heart of Charybdis.

Larry/Maya/Jack/Will have succeeded in blowing up the Charybdis' energy core, and the whole place is going to go up soon. Matt knows this, and he has no desire to die here, so he quickly gives Fran a stunning blow, taunts her about going to murder all of the people she cares about once she's gone--but maybe Gant will let him take some time with the blonde girl for extra 'payback'. He then takes off, and Assassin is quite quick.

The explosion is visible in the far-off tunnels of Charybdis, and Franziska recovers quickly, is all "Like hell you will," and engages her afterburners. She catches up to Matt (the explosion is catching up to the both of them), and the two of them exchange blows at super-high-speed as the fire starts to lick at their heels. Matt gets another blow in and she falls behind, almost caught in the explosion before she recovers and engages her afterburners once more.

The thing about Assassin is that due to its bio technology... it can regenerate almost any damage unless the cockpit is destroyed, or something like that. So there's really no real way to destroy it.

Franziska fires her afterburners desperately, combined with the heat around her her engine is almost at critical status--which means if it shuts off, she can't accelerate any more and will be caught in the fire. Meanwhile, Matt is almost out of the tunnel system, and is cackling to himself in glee.

.... that is, until an elongated energy whip comes from behind him, wraps itself around his mech's "legs," and pulls him back, tossing him into the explosion where he's consumed for good. And Franziska barely makes it out alive.

Yeah.

I feel that since especially in this setting, Franziska's "being misguided" is significantly more dangerous, I needed to give her a hero moment or two :P

Next post, to stop this from being too long... a complete "skim" summary of the first arc of Gyakuten MECHA--"Ties That Bind."
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

Gah, I forgot to explain Jump. Jump Drives (which emit Garyuu Waves when used, lol) are what enable crafts in the GyakuMECH universe to reach extraordinarily fast speeds (but never faster than light). Basically, you get shunted into a semi-other-dimension where many rules of physics like inertia don't exactly apply. If a smaller ship is too close to the location a bigger ship Jumps in, they run the risk of being caught in its "wake," and sucked into Jumpspace--only for a few seconds, true, but when those few seconds involve you going at ten thousand kilometers per second, you'll be very far away.

Also, I may introduce 'AI Mechs' which are what they sound like--mechs solely controlled by dummy AI pilots for the sake of boosting numbers and not risking valuable trained pilots. Yes, this is an excuse to let the pilots kick more ass and blow stuff up without becoming killers more than they already are. >.>

Ack! Also again! I was toying around with the idea of the Fey women sort of... well, they're not psychics, but they've got a sort of "intuition" that gives them a more "accurate" gut feeling, which is how Mia is sure Redd is the traitor. To replace their spiritual sensitivity, obviously. Pearl has a huge version of this which is like a situational awareness where she can almost predict enemy movements. Or something.

Gyakuten MECHA, Arc One (Skim Summary)

"The Ties That Bind"

(put in Spoiler tags for those not on the creative team who don't want to be 'spoiled' for the story :P)

Spoiler:
Prior to the "Present" storyline: the Kurain is caught in an ambush by Federation forces, its Jump Drive is damaged but not disabled, they manage to retreat and take refuge in an asteroid cluster by gas giant "Yggdrasill" (in a duo-orbit with twin giant Muspel) to manage repairs. Captain Fey and Commander Kaminogi suspect a spy on board...

Prologue (currently being written):

Flashback to young Miles/Nick/Larry in a field in the night watching a space battle above, where Gregory Edgeworth is a participant. Miles mentions he'd like to be a pilot someday. Blah blah blah conversation.

Fifteen years later - a small task force of three or four mechs (lead by Flight Officer Sahwit and commanded from a ways away by Second Lieutenant Payne in his little skiff, the Boulet) is investigating the asteroid cluster by Yggdrasill. Payne believes the Kurain to have taken refuge there, yet hasn't sent for backup to apprehend them. One, because he believes that since they've only got "two or three" mechs in battle status after the ambush, they're no threat to him. Two, because he knows they've been a thorn in the High Admiral's side, so taking them out would net him great reward... and it'd be personal revenge for that defeat he suffered at the hands of Mia Fey years ago that earned him shame and a demotion.

"IT'S A GUNDAM...!!!!" (or whatever)

Sahwit + AI Mechs get blow'd up. Payne, in shock and shame, gets the hell out of dodge as Phoenix lands back on the Kurain.

Chapter One:

Flashback to fifteen years ago. Phoenix waits for Miles at his house to go to school or something. Miles doesn't show. His father doesn't show. Phoenix initially doesn't think it's strange--hell, Larry gets hysterical and runs away every other week--but Miles never comes back. Not in a day, or a week, or a month. He's gone.

Fifteen years later...

Phoenix thinks something is wonky with the Huma (lateral controls a bit sticky in that last "battle") and does some maintenance. Is interrupted by Larry, who is currently freaking out because his current girlfriend/spotter just dumped him. Phoenix suggests that he doesn't always have to date his spotters, or maybe get a male spotter (Larry misunderstands the latter and indignantly responds that he's not into that).

Introduce Maya, who talks to Phoenix for... some other reason. Phoenix is called up to the Kurain's bridge, is debriefed by Mia and Kaminogi about what happened (introducing them too) and then dismissed. Short interaction between Mia and Kaminogi setting up their relationship, they discuss the traitor, know that it has to be one of the pilots, set up for the battle in chapter two.

Minor introduction of Redd, but that goes along with the Agent Blue subplot.

Chapter Two:

Ten/nine/eight/whatever years ago - Larry and Nick, now teenagers, are chilling and doing teenager-y things, like drinking beer on the balcony of Larry's apartment building. They see a Federation convoy in the distance--nothing too unusual, they're still ferrying new troops to the nearby base even if the planet is steadily supporting the Alliance. Larry wonders if he should piss on them, Phoenix convinces him it's a bad idea. They pass--and Nick freezes up, because he sees Miles. It's only for a second, and he's in a Federation officer's uniform, and it's been years since they've last seen each other, but Phoenix is one hundred percent sure that he just saw Miles. Larry blows that off because it doesn't make any sense--Edgey in a Fed uniform? That's crazy.

But Phoenix is sure.

Present day--Beginning of the big battle scene. Phoenix goes to get in his mech, the Flight Officer tells him that the mechanic he asked for came to look over Huma didn't find anything wrong. Phoenix is confused, he didn't ASK for any mechanic. the FO describes her, Phoenix starts to feel uneasy (introduction of the "Satoko"/Chinami subplot) and does a quick once-over, asks RYUUICHI to run a diagnostic--but nothing is found. Yes, this is a red herring, as the ACTUAL sabotage was done to RYUUICHI :P

Battle scene! Redd turns traitor, Phoenix tries to make it but his AI conks out, emotional destruction of the Kurain. Probably end it just there, but I might have a scene where they're on the ground after "winning" the battle and Nick has to comfort Maya.

(Problem: how does Nick get MIA? We've established that the Galahad's AI is SOURYUU, so where does MIA come from?)

Okay, that's as far as the actual chapters I have go, so here's just the next events.

One final flashback to Nick going to enroll in pilot school. Larry accompanies him originally just to be a friend, but after seeing some female cadets in their uniforms, signs right up for the academy as well. Nick vows to meet Miles on the battlefield, if nowhere else.

Back in the present day:

-Phoenix gets command of the Turnabout, mourns Mia's death with Maya (as well as the rest of the losses on the Kurain.) Maya hopefully mentions that the Captain's lifepod had a Jump system installed, and if the occupant was unconscious, the AI was supposed to Jump to Alliance HQ... maybe that's why they didn't find the lifepod? Phoenix sadly tells her he thought of that, but nothing ever reached HQ (foreshadowing! CHINAMI used the Jump system to go somewhere else!)

-Introduce the Turnabout's crew. (Hey Yuusaku/Mareka/Keiko, you're two games too early!) We <3 crazy old man Udgey.

-Phoenix has his first encounter with Edgeworth as enemy commanders on the field of battle. Edgeworth is not on assignment with the Badger at the moment, but commanding a different crew. Phoenix fights Edgeworth in a duel to a draw, causes Miles to order a retreat. Edgeworth doesn't know it was Nick until after the battle.

Up until then, he's just like "Crap, bested by an enemy commander AND that mysterious enemy pilot fought me to a draw. I will go be emo now." "Wait, it was Phoenix? That dorky kid with the spiky hair? Fuck, now I'm gonna go be REALLY emo."

Miles, of course, remembers Nick. But that's a part of his life--before his father's death--that he's long tried to put behind him. Finding out that Phoenix, one of his closest childhood friends, is now an enemy commander... and not just a pathetic one that he could ignore, but a GOOD one who can actually best him? It'd make everything come back sharply... and he doesn't want it to.

Miles actually believes what he's doing is right--fighting for the Federation, that is. Instead of little squabbles and conflicts between various planetary powers, there is order. Which is what he tells himself desperately--their methods are iffy, but he tries to close his eyes to it and focus on the rather "noble goal" they have. He's tried to delude himself, forget the general unhappiness that that people around him on Calypso felt under the Federation.

The war right now? Is by necessity violent--because there is violent opposition to it. Once the opposition is gone, there won't be any more need for the bellicose methods they're forced to use now. (Oh Miles, you idealistic dork) in his eyes, the Alliance... THEY'RE the villains, they're propagating the chaos and violence in the solar system.

Finding out that Phoenix, a close friend from childhood, whom he KNOWS is a good person at heart (if a bit of a dork)... is fighting on the same side as these "villains"? That shakes him up. Why is he working for the "bad guys"?

We move to the ground for a few chapters, an as-of-yet-unnamed planet. Probably a very lush one, so I guess we'd call it "Demeter" or something.

There's a skirmish in a populated area. Edgeworth's troops falter, and there's an opening that Wright could take advantage of. But at the same time, something happens that puts nearby civilians in danger. Instead of takening advantage of the opening to win the battle, Nick goes and risks his own life (and the battle) to save them. Miles is even more confused... clearly, Nick is just misguided.

Blah blah, stuff happens that leads to a one-on-one in a giant forest/jungle deep in Federation territory. Right now, it's just Mitsurugi vs Huma (though Miles knows that Fed troops are rapidly approaching to back him up)... and though Phoenix's ship is very nible in the vacuum of space, its mobility is curtailed with all the trees and on the ground, so Miles has the advantage here.

Edgeworth COULD cripple Phoenix's mech here, let him be captured by the approaching forces... but he's all "This isn't like the games we used to play as kids, Wright. This is war. Get out of here," and lets Phoenix go--acknowledging, for the first time, their history together. Deep down, he desperately wants to believe that Nick IS just misguided and on the wrong side... convincing himself, "He doesn't get the seriousness of this situation. He doesn't get that he's actually fighting a war for the wrong side. That has to be it." Meanwhile, Phoenix is all "YAY HE'S STILL GOOD DEEP DOWN INSIDE HE'S STILL THE MILES I KNEEEEEEEWWWW"

We return to space. Miles returns to the Badger, introduce the crew and Flan. Phoenix goes back to the Turnabout, more "social" scenes with inter-ship character development/relationship/interaction. Miles and Phoenix reflecting.

Introduce the Global Mercenaries for... some reason. Hired by the Federation.

Maybe just a chapter with the Global crew, or something. These big "intro" chapters (of the Turnabout, the Badger, and now of the Global crew)... could use suggestions on how to handle them.

They're pit against forces from the Shikabane Space Pirate syndicate (which will deal with Zenitora later on!), minor skirmishes... Miles and Fran can learn to dislike Matt's actions and despise his motivations before the bigger fight.

Battle where Matt turns on Adrian, Fran shoots him down (Problem! How do I deal with the Global crew just being cool with the Federation blatantly "killing" one of their own? I mean sure, they don't like him and he was dangerous, but he was an excellent pilot that got them assignments.)

By this point, I've referenced the main "battle" plot--there's a crucial Alliance planet that needs taking, and Admiral Manny VK will be arriving to ensure that it goes smoothly.

Meanwhile, we introduce Lana via the scene with Matt after shot-down-time... she communicates with Gant via communicator, he's all "Hm, I was going to offer him a job anyway, but this is easier--and more interesting. Scar him, permanently." (knowing his vanity and knowing that it would push him farther into the deep end... Gant sees Matt as a "fascinating study into the depths of the human psyche.")

CLIFFHANGER WHAT WHAT?

POSSIBLY a scene here with Gant explaining the capabilities of the Assassin to Matt... I feel like I should explain what it is at some point, but I don't want to introduce Gant in person until the very end. Ideas?

More interaction with Global/Federation. Grateful Adrian stays on, Global departs for later, we go check in with what's up with the Alliance.

Here we have the opening shots of the big battle over the crucial Alliance planet. Until Admiral VK gets there, Miles is in charge, so it's once more Miles vs Phoenix (Who's in charge of the planetary defense). But there are little skirmishes, nothing more.

Right now, all Fran knows of Phoenix is that Miles has some past with him... she also knows that he's a commander and a pilot equal in skill to Miles, about. So, Fran being Fran, is all "Rawr Gyahahahahaha I will go kick his spoikey haired ass." Miles hasn't told her EVERYTHING yet about Wright (well, he probably has in the past) because he's still desperately trying to repress it. there's no interaction between the two for a while after he lets Phoenix go, maybe he alllows himself a little hope that Nick "Saw the Light," but this reinforces that Phoenix is there and there to stay.

One of the little skirmishes features Fran trying her won hand against Phoenix, that ends with... it's fairly even with a slight edge to Phoenix until Miles orders her to retreat--which pisses her off. Fran would want to know why he made her retreat, because she'd be offended by the idea that she couldn't have taken care of Nick. Miles doesn't know what the whole truth was himself, to be sure, but really he just doesn't want either of them to kill the other. :P

Either way, Fran is a tad peeved.

Bigger battle scene! Duel between Larry and Franziska, he tries to hit on her mid-fight ("Wait, you're a girl? So... uh... are you, like hot? Or one of those crazy military chicks?") and Nick has to bail him out of a sticky situation. This is a slower paced battle, with neither commander willing to commit to a full-scale assault, tseting each others' battle lines (being strategic, and also being that it's Phoenix and Miles :P).

Far off, a smaller unmarked skiff Jumps in, launches a single mech, and Jumps out.

This mech is Matt Engarde in his Assassin. He flies toward the battle lines where there are a few unnamed cannon fodder soldiers (both factions) taking potshots at each other. He first obliterates the Alliance side, so they're all "WTF a new Federation pilot?" Then he goes and kills the Fed pilots opposite them just for the hell of it.

Franziska, being the hot headed Flan that she is, is all "WTF bitch?!" and moves to engage. Miles has recognized by the way that the newcomer moved that it's no ordinary mech, and orders Franziska to disengage. Franziska, peeved about the Nick incident, feigns comm trouble, and Miles reluctantly orders backup.

Matt recognizes the woman who shot him down, gets pissed, and attacks her. SHe's taken by surprise at the sudden offensive and finds that she's actually unable him like she normally is foes. She takes a quick, brutal beating and then Matt is just "Ok, you're boring now, bye." before blowing Brynhildr up.

Miles is stunned and horrified until he sees a lone space-suited figure floating nearby, and quickly calls in emergency extraction. He doesn't know if she's alive or was killed in the explosion or what, but he has to hope. He immediately engages Matt personally to distract him from seeing the unconscious/"dead" Fran and finishing her off.

Meanwhile, Adrian has freaked out completely, and at Miles' command for extraction--hearing the reply that they're low on available pilots only dimly--she tears from her seat, grabbing Gumshoe/Maggey/someone as support, piloting a unshielded shuttle through the battle, suiting up in a space suit herself, going out to grab Fran and bring her in, taking off her helmet--Fran is bleeding from the head and quite clearly in bad shape--and trying desperately to get her to medical in time.

Fran's probably broken a few ribs and other bones, has internal bleeding, etc. She's in bad shape.

Miles is well aware that the capabilities of Matt's new mech outstrip his own by a fair margine, as is Phoenix--he teams up to fight Matt, while the two armies begin an unsure bigger battle with both of their commanders otherwise occupied.

They're about to destroy Matt once and for all--but just before they can see if he's truly done, the battle is interrupted by the giant bulk of Von Karma's flagship, Cerberus. (Matt is caught in the Jump wake and sent somewhere else to regenerate/return to Gant, though he's severely fucked up)

Phoenix orders a retreat. Von Karma HAS seen Miles teaming up with the enemy and orders him put in detention in preparation for a courtmartial and eventual execution for treason. He's told that Fran is in a coma and is all "she's a soldier, she's prepared for it," and doesn't give it any more thought.

Nick teams up with some members of the FEderation (mainly Gumshoe) to spring Edgeworth from prison along with Mitsurugi, bring him over to the Alliance--where he admittedly is still kept in a brig, but for a different reason... Miles doesn't want to be a traitor, he'd rather face death than run away from it.

Note--this is their first face-to-face meeting in fifteen years. In many heated, homoerotic arguments that follow, it comes out that Miles believes himself responsible for the death of his father, and this is why he went with Von Karma and joined the Federation (Problem: Why? It's not like the "failure of the defense to catch the criminal" would spur him to switch sides >.>)

Phoenix is stunned, and goes to research this. Now, as it was an Alliance ship, they have records that the Federation doesn't. Namely, they have Captain Edgeworth's final transmission, and the report from the search/rescue party. The search/rescue party found debris... but in a manner that suggested an explosion, not being crushed by an asteroid.

Edgeworth's final transmission stated that they had mechanical failure and crashlanded on a big asteroid... but they're in no danger of going critical, the only problem is possible life support failure with all the civvies on board (this right there is enough to prove to Miles that he wasn't responsible for his dad's death, but for some reason Phoenix keeps going). Gregory says that there's an approaching ship, maybe they're saved--and then the transmission gets garbled by a wierd, distinctive static-like-sound before cutting off. Phoenix is confused... it was a weak signal, but clear, it wouldn't have just faded like that, and it was a gradual thing, not instant like an energy core breach explosion. What could have caused that?

There's news that Edgeworth has escaped from his cell suddenly (probably via Larry, the doof) and has made his way to the hangar bay, stolen Mitsurugi back and gone to return to the Federation to face his fate. PHoenix is all "WTF noes!" and goes after him armed with the transmission and the proof.

Miles is met halfway by Von Karma and his Absolute, who is all "You know, I decided to skip the whole 'courtmartial' thing, I'll just execute you right here. You should be honored." Miles decides to face his fate when Phoenix attacks Von Karma abruptly, transmits him the data and tells him to listen to it.

Von Karma is pissed and decides to engage his primary weapon.

The Absolute was an experimental design that was never sent into mass production because it was supposedly too dangerous to the pilot. It has a MASSIVE secondary power source solely used to power its primary weapon, the "Lightning Gun." This isn't always turned on (the mech is especially dangerous because if THIS reactor goes critical, its a gigantic explosion much bigger than a normal mech blowing up, and irradiates the surrounding area more lethal than any other "normal" radiation)... but when it is, it causes a wierd sort of communications static.

Since they're closer, Miles and Phoenix can still talk with one another, but (in an homage to his sleuthing alter ego) Nick recognizes the communications disruption as VK powers up his Lightning Gun--it's the same one that was on Gregory Edgeworth's last transmission. And there's only one Lightning Gun, Lightning Gun reactor, and Lightning Gun reactor-holding mecha in the entire system... Manfred VK's. It was Manfred who killed Gregory Edgeworth.

Miles figures this out as well, and the two of them team up against Manfred for their climactic final battle, that eventually heads towards the Cerberus, swooping around the giant flagship at high speeds. Manfred manages to disable Phoenix a bit and is about to take him out when Miles decides he won't let that happen. So he literally tackles von Karma with Mitsurugi and the two of them crash into the hull of the bigger ship.

The Lightning Gun goes critical, gigantic boom--that hits the Cerberus' reactor core as well, causing THAT ship to "blow up" (though its hulk is still there for later...) Phoenix is stunned and all "NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Meanwhile, Franny has woken from her coma, ripped the IV from her arm, gone to demand a mech to pilot (she's disbelieving that Manfred and Miles are currently in a duel)... but has woken up just in time to, horrified, watch both her father and brother "die" in the explosion of the Cerberus.

There's a scene a little bit later with her, now in the "captain's" cabin with the insignia marking her as the new captain of the Badger (that used to be Miles') thinking about the two deaths (Miles hits her MUCH harder than her father, though she refuses to let herself cry because a captain does not cry on her ship. She's in the middle of cutting her hair and swears vengeance on the man responsible for all this--Phoenix Wright.

The aforementioned Phoenix Wright has a "congratulations everybody!" scene back on the Turnabout, though he's still mourning Miles. Yay closure, it's the end of the first arc!!

...Epilogue.

High Admiral Gant (reveal of the Big Bad in person!!!) in his sanctum on board Space Fortress Tartarus looking at Matt Engarde floating in a bacta tank (not really but something like that :P) and musing (to himself ostensibly, but Lana is there silent and stoic as always so it's just as much for her as it is for him) about the loss of Von Karma and the Cerberus. He's all "Unfortunate... but not unexpected." Von Karma was "ambitious," after all, and he'd have had to dispose of him sooner or later. Still, he regrets the loss of such a fine vessel and so many good crew.

Lana tells him that due to the Lightning Gun, the Cerberus is unsalvageable, and is no better than irridated scrap. Gant decides to leave it to the scavengers.

He muses about Matt being a fascinating example of the human psyche, and talks about how the truth about the Edgeworth incident (he somehow knows the truth) caused Miles to turn on Manfred... and how Franziska herself is reacting to their death. Truly the "ties that bind a family together" are... *casting a glance and the slightest of smiles over at Lana* "...powerful, wouldn't you agree?" (ZOMG FORESHADOWING)

The loss of the Cerberus is certainly a setback, but losing the battle is not losing the war, and then asks Lana to prepare his shuttle to take him to "Charybdis."

END OF ARC ONE!

Whew. This is going to be a beast. That's only the first damn arc of three >.<

MUCH thanks to Musouka and RAelle (for some verbatim lines) for helping me flesh the above monster out.

I'm gonna go to bed now. :P Dunno if I'll be able to get online before next Monday, but if not... keep all the wonderful yummy mechaness coming, people!

<3333

What is my liiiife?!?

Ok, a reason phoenix has MIA is that she did the transfer in advance as Phoenix's was older and not very advanced. Like a present, but a ironic and sad one.

Also, the introductions of the Turnabout and Badger should be similar but different. The Badger would have a strong formal working feel, with some levity (But only from a few people). The Turnabout would still be alert and ready, but much more Warm. Most of the crew would get on well, chatting while they work. (Unless under harsh or important conditions).

And Global? They're pretty much starting to fall apart, with Juan and Matt trying to one-up each other. It's only Vasquez who is holding it together (With the support of Powers, Hammer and Sal (the engineer).) Also, when Matt is shot down, everyone afterwards looks at Dee. She takes a smoke from her pipe, exhales it and says 'He was a nusance anyway'. Since she thought Juan and Matt were pretty equal, with Enguarde gone Corrida would settle down and the crisis would be over. (Also, before the assasin fully appears, we could have Juan's appearing to explode for no reason. It was Enguard getting his final revenge, using DE-KILLA his new AI which gives him advanced steath)

Meow

EvangeLAW: Neon Genesis

Phoenix as Shinji

Maya Fey as Rei

Franziska as Asuka

'Nuff said.
Uh... meow? Signature coming soon.

Oh snap!

A couple things:

On MIA's origin, I was thinking that Admiral Grossberg would provide MIA to Phoenix, explaining that she and Kaminogi used to act as each others' AIs when they were pilots together. Grossberg salvaged MIA from Kaminogi's mech, which was being held in storage after he and Mia were promoted. Perhaps Godot even steals his old mech in the second arc.

Also, there was some enthusiasm expressed about my idea of Shelly de Killer as the weapon designer, but it hasn't been brought up since. Are we planning to pursue that? I think it's pretty cool, but it could be unnecessary.

I have much to say on the Global Mercenaries. First off, the reason no one cared that Franziska shot down Matt. It's not so much that they didn't care (well, Juan didn't), but that everyone liked Adrian more than Matt, and given the choice, they were happier that Franny "killed" Matt than if Matt killed Adrian.

Now for their mechs! Each member of the Global Mercenaries pilots a Samurai model mech. The Samurai model is a top of the line, mass produced mech. It wields a melee weapon, either an energy spear or energy sword, in one hand, has a light missile launcher on the other arm, and has head mounted machine guns. Nothing fancy, but highly effective. Each of the Mercenaries, however, has personalized and customized their own Samurai, and given them unique names like a normal mech.

Juan Corrida pilots the Ninja, a mech that is very agile, but not particularly fast. It has a stealth ability of some sort, and its missile launcher is modified to fire more powerful missiles, but more slowly. This doesn't bother Juan, because with the stealth and extra firepower, he usually only needs one shot. If an enemy does become aware of it, the Ninja is also quite adept at melee combat, and is a sword-wielding model. Corrida sacrificed much of the heavy armored plating in order to make the Ninja more agile, so it must rely on dodging attacks in order to survive. It doesn't take much to bring the Ninja down... if you can hit it.

Matt Engarde (pre-defeat) pilots the Nickel Samurai, a spear-wielding model. The Nickel Samurai also sacrifices armor, but it's fighting style is quite the opposite of that of the Ninja. The Nickel Samurai is very fast, but not particularly agile. Matt's general strategy is to use this speed to rapidly close the distance between himself and an enemy and attack relentlessly with the spear (modified to have a two-pronged head).

Will Powers pilots the Steel Samurai, a spear-wielding model. It is a very heavy mech, capable of taking massive amounts of punishment on the battlefield. That's good because it's also very slow, and mostly unable to dodge enemy fire. It's as tough as a brick, and about as fast.

If you were to look at Jack Hammer's Magistrate, you would undoubtedly come to the conclusion that it was simply an unedited sword-wielding Samurai. Well, you'd be wrong. You'd literally be dead wrong. Hammer has done all of his modifications behind the scenes. He's modified the thrusters for improved speed and agility; he's modified the sword for increased length; he's modified the head-mounted guns to carry a larger clip; and he's modified the missile launcher to fire much more quickly than usual. the Magistrate is not a mech to be underestimated, but often is, due to its appearance. It's not quite at the level of the unique mechs (i.e. the ones the main cast pilots (though given Hammer's skill, he could probably compete with them)), but it's vastly superior to any mass-produced model.

As for their introduction episode/chapter, I can't really think of much here. Best I could think of is this (haven't thought out all of the details though): The crew of the Global (Have we already decided on a name for their ship?) are attacked by some neutral enemy, probably space pirates or something. The Federation, for some reason, is hunting down said enemies to destroy them. Anyway, the Global Mercenaries easily win, completely destroying said enemy, and a Federation ship (possibly the Badger) arrives moments later via Jump tracking said enemy. Impressed with their skill (this is an enemy that the Federation has been trying to eliminate for some time) they decide to hire the Global Mercenaries.

In the year 4016, justice is no longer fought for in the courtroom—but with giant freakin’ robots!

I come with talkins!

...Since Judial was in my headspace before I met Gunther, I really hope she doesn't seem that way. I don't want to steal your character. I have noticed they're very similar and work well together (at least, in my little world of tiny doodles)
Besides, she doesn't have a handle on the almighty Guntherese, sir. (I should make a Judial emote.)

Fran/Adrian? YES PLZ. If you don't do it, I'll find a way to make something. "I took care of your flower while you were comatose, Franziska!" "WHAT!? HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT!?"

Huma's upgrade: Have we forgotten the flashie, sweeties? Pshhh...
I have to admit I am a bit lost on this one as well. If the Huma was avian enough, maybe a total beam from the mouth what. Ca-caw.

Seeing Matt die in phire makes me sad for some reason. Then again, I like pansy Matt. Matt

AH - I has an almost scene for the Gant's "Hai, I has a kooky mech, you, crazy man, I want you to pilot it" thing. urby's drawing something without funny what
Wait we can't intro Gant then. crap

And Greg, if you don't stop it with the awesome I'll get jealous, man. Maggy
THAT GOES FOR EVERYBODY, OKAY

What is my liiiife?!?

I guess there's no point me suggesting anything then...

No, that sounds petty. :) I think both reasons for why they didn't avenge Matt's death would work well together (Everyone cared for Adrian more, and Vasquez was happy to see the back of him.) Also, your mechs are great Greg.

raging klavier crush

I loooove you, Funk.

It warms my heart to see so much support and love for this little crack-project. You're all so great. <3

Shout-out to Konran, Urby, Busterella, and Kumu for their beautiful drawings and designs. It is all beautiful and amazing and creates untold amounts of joy in this corner. :D

Oh shush Gerku, your ideas work fine :P I think that it's a combination of the two reasons. Sort of confused about your explanation for MIA, care to clarify that? I agree on the "tones" of the various ships, too.

Greg - Can't quite figure out how to work Shelly in, and if we did it'd be in second/third arc. Any suggestions? And those Global mechs are pretty much exactly what I had in mind, and really really awesome. :D

Urby - not suggesting that you were inspired in any way! Judial amuses me in much the same way as The Blond One, was all I was saying :P

Aw, flower idea cutes on me. It shall be so!

Still no idea for Phoenix's upgrade >.<

hiiiii Raelle. I miss our chats and it hasnt even been a week yet :(

Now to come up with more stuff.

I might just say "hell with it," give FasterThanLight travel, and make it in a galaxy a la Star Wars. That's just... easier when it comes to planetary diversity (since in a solar system, only a few planets could have Earth-like climates being in proper range of the sun.) I thnk I will, actually.

"Elysium" is actually a very gorgeous planet with beautiful natural ravines and lakes that are oddly peaceful despite the chaos and malificence of the major city/base... directly overhead which orbits Space Fortress Tartarus. I'm thinking a duel between Lana and somebody going through the canyons at high speed.

Umm hi?

Magmataball z

Phoenix as Goku wright
Edgeworth as Vegeta edgeworth
Spoiler:
karma-scream: as Freeza von karma
Matt as cell engarde
And Godot as majin godot

(people spoilers since the people are the guilty people
I live in a box.

Chimera

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Ack! Also again! I was toying around with the idea of the Fey women sort of... well, they're not psychics, but they've got a sort of "intuition" that gives them a more "accurate" gut feeling, which is how Mia is sure Redd is the traitor. To replace their spiritual sensitivity, obviously. Pearl has a huge version of this which is like a situational awareness where she can almost predict enemy movements. Or something.

Wait, so does that mean--

Javado USE THE FORCE, MIA!

...sorry. I couldn't help it. XP Why do I get the feeling that there are going to be so dang many Star Wars jokes?!

And as for the first arc's story, all I have to say is: <3

And an extra <3 for using Muspel. lolvanity

"What about the credits page draft?"

The wha--oh, (rude word)! *flee!*

chinami concept. i mainly based her designs from juli/juni of shadaloo from street fighter alpha series. hope this helps.

ps. i cant draw chinami's face accurately.
Spoiler:

Click the banner for MyAnimeList account.

Matta!!!!

Location: The Great Country of Snow!...no not Russia!...Canada^^''

THAT MECH PILOT THING IS ONE OF THE MOST CRAZY IDEA I'VE SEEN HERE OO but it looks funny^^
Space trials...sounds cool XD big trials in mechas...*yup, still in the attorney stuff*
Ack Now passing in cross-examination mode!!!
Edgeworth Bring it on trashcan!!! XD

looks nice^^''
"Truth will always find its way through darkness..."

Warning: Extremely Scatterbrained

@Urby. That comic is so cute! I'm flattered that you liked my idea enough to be inspired by it.

Speaking of romance, I APPROVE of any Adrian/Franziska since Nick and Edgeworth couldn't be gayer if they tried sometimes.

The first arc of the storyline is awesome and I can't wait to see it written out. And just one small suggestion, but maybe the entire incident with Gregory Edgeworth's death could still have a connection with the numbers "DL-6"? Like maybe that was the serial number of the civvie she he was on? Am giddy with excitement over Arc Two.

Personally, I'm not so sure about going for light-speed travel. Firefly
managed to set up a solar system with many planets beautifully. Perhaps you could go for the terra-forming excuse? To balance it out you could say that terra-forming takes a long, long time.

...And suddenly I get visions of a mech battle on the surface of a planet in the process of being terra-formed.

I've also been thinking a bit about what you said concerning the Fey family and their sense of intuition. Well, I've been thinking about Pearl mostly. Mayne the reason Pearl gets to stay on the Turnabout is because her mother--Morgan, is deemed unfit to parent her (I've always imagined that Morgan, despite how much she loves Pearl, is a bit cold. And that she also views Pearl as a means to an end.) because she is so harsh on her young prodigy child and also because Morgan is more then a little unstable herself. This could explain why in this incarnation she is as sheltered about the world outside her home as in canon. While Morgan is sent to a mental institution, because there is no other living family (Misty Fey is...hey look over there!) she's sent to Maya as a "temporary" arrangement. Which winds up becoming semi-permanent.

Next, this is something that I've been thinking about since the beginning--what the heck kind of government does the Fusegi Alliance use? The Saiban Alliance has been established to be very totalitarian with the military and government not that far apart.

I would think that the Fugegi has a kind of Council. While every planet in it keeps their own system of government they also send elected officials to the Council based on how many people they have, how much they contribute to the war, blah blah blah. The Military has a lot of seats on this council (The Admiral is automatically given a seat on it, so while Edgeworth the Elder was once on it, Grossburg now has it) for obvious reasons--they're the ones doing the actually fighting, but never enough to overrule the will of the non-combatants.

Lastly, maybe the upgrade the Huma gets greatly expands the possible wing-span of it's energy wing...things and makes it more powerful?

Raelle: D'awww, merci! Matt

Funk: Really? I never knew one of my own characters could inspire amusement similar to that the great Gunther guy (bonus points for alliteration) so I am happy now.
random judial cameo in everything what :'D
The flower amuses you? And I didn't even really put much thought into it! Adrian I must be getting better at this.

Kwoffei: I'll outdo you with Gundam jokes! ...but the only one I know is 'paint it red and it goes faster', the rest I get off of SRW and that involves multiple giant robot fandoms and can't fit as well. Fine, I lose.
Keep up the work on the site! I send support your way!

Empere: Well, at first I dismissed it, and then I was like "WAIT: MY LULZ-DAR IS GOING OFF" and there you have it. And it gives me a chance to pimp out Fran/Adrian (why did I have the sudden impulse to call her 'Andy'!?) so double win! Dr? Hotti
...we're so torn on the Huma's upgrade I feel I must illustrate. Darn it, I can't give myself a break.

Warehouse Tiger

Hey, um, I hope you guys don't mind me arrogantly BUTTING IN on the pure awesomeness of this thread. Though I'm pretty sure the aforementioned awesomeness has been lauded in every possible manner, I'd still like to repeat the statement. Repeatedly. It's so cool to see such a detailed, interesting spin on PW, as well as the sheer amount of people joining in and adding their ideas.

ANYWAY, to make this post less useless, here be sum of mai artz:

[img=http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1082/phoenixmechapilotkm9.th.jpg]

Haha, I’m sorry I made Phoenix look so manly and muscle-y in this. He really doesn’t look to ‘young and upcoming’, does he? Sorry. Um, I suppose pilots need to be in prime physical health to be allowed to go into battle..? Oh, and I really hope you don’t mind Busterella, but I used your amazing and wonderful flight suit concept sketches for reference. I kinda assumed that your design had been taken as canon.

I had to use the digital camera for this, since my scanners being cranky, which is why it’s such poor quality. And since my camera would not take a picture of just the pencil lines, I did a quick and messy ink job. Sorry, again, for it’s poor quality.

And ha ha, I am such an idiot. I keep thinking of this video whenever you guys start talking about the music. It’s not even a mecha anime.

That, and Superheroes, by Daft Punk.

I am epic fail.

~Zizzo

Last edited by Zizzo on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolkoala.

Zizzo wrote:
Hey, um, I hope you guys don't mind me arrogantly BUTTING IN on the pure awesomeness of this thread. Though I'm pretty sure the aforementioned awesomeness has been lauded in every possible manner, I'd still like to repeat the statement. Repeatedly. It's so cool to see such a detailed, interesting spin on PW, as well as the sheer amount of people joining in and adding their ideas.

ANYWAY, to make this post less useless, here be sum of mai artz:

[img=http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1082/phoenixmechapilotkm9.th.jpg]

Haha, I’m sorry I made Phoenix look so manly and muscle-y in this. He really doesn’t look to ‘young and upcoming’, does he? Sorry. Um, I suppose pilots need to be in prime physical health to be allowed to go into battle..? Oh, and I really hope you don’t mind Busterella, but I used your amazing and wonderful flight suit concept sketches for reference. I kinda assumed that your design had been taken as canon.

I had to use the digital camera for this, since my scanners being cranky, which is why it’s such poor quality. And since my camera would not take a picture of just the pencil lines, I did a quick and messy ink job. Sorry, again, for it’s poor quality.

And ha ha, I am such an idiot. I keep thinking of this video whenever you guys start talking about the music. It’s not even a mecha anime.

That, and Superheroes, by Daft Punk.

I am epic fail.

~Zizzo

I'm absolutly flattered, actually. :DDDDDD That is awesomness, and I don't think he looks to manly. Give yourself more credit. :P
THIS IS A SIG.
I draw things.

Warehouse Tiger

You should be! You should give yourself more credit, too!

I was wondering about doing Edgeworth's flight suit, but I was thinking that, if it were to be Saiban-made, it would be pretty different than the Federation-brand flight suits. All of your concept sketches had a running style throughout all the Federation suits, which seemed to be lines across the chest, arms and presumably back, with kind of 'personalised' stripes across the forearms and shins. Since Saiban is a lot more strict and regulated they would probably be a lot more plain with their uniforms- but then again, if there were no designs or frivolties on the uniforms, they wouldn't be interesting to draw.

Also, I think Mia-in-flight-suit should be reserved for fanservice. Because as if her suit wasn't tight-fitting enough Godot

~Zizzo

[Edit] Corrected the video link, and then noticed I forgot to detail Phoenix's badge. Heh, oops. Though, I doubt it'll have the same libra design as his lawyering counterpart does. The Huma logo, maybe? Or would it have to be the Federation logo (as of yet undesigned, correct?) as it would match the general 'lawyer badge'-ness of the games.

Last edited by Zizzo on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolkoala.

Zizzo wrote:
You should be! You should give yourself more credit, too!

I was wondering about doing Edgeworth's flight suit, but I was thinking that, if it were to be Saiban-made, it would be pretty different than the Federation-brand flight suits. All of your concept sketches had a running style throughout all the Federation suits, which seemed to be lines across the chest, arms and presumably back, with kind of 'personalised' stripes across the forearms and shins. Since Saiban is a lot more strict and regulated they would probably be a lot more plain with their uniforms- but then again, if there were no designs or frivolties on the uniforms, they wouldn't be interesting to draw.

Also, I think Mia-in-flight-suit should be reserved for fanservice. Because as if her suit wasn't tight-fitting enough Godot

~Zizzo

I've actually been thinking about that, too. :o I figured the Saiban flightsuits might be a bit sleeker and more "advanced" looking, Though I'm not sure what designs/patterns/lack of designs/patterns they would have yet. Meekins

If you have any ideas you must sketch them out and show us plz yes. :D

(and that's exactly what I was going for with Fusegi suits. :3)
THIS IS A SIG.
I draw things.

This member menaces with spikes of bread

On the subject of Miles' flightsuit; you simply have to include a reference to his cravat somewhere. Whether as a design or part of the suit, Edgeworth isn't Edgeworth without his cravat. XD

Warehouse Tiger

Quote:
I've actually been thinking about that, too. :o I figured the Saiban flightsuits might be a bit sleeker and more "advanced" looking, Though I'm not sure what designs/patterns/lack of designs/patterns they would have yet. Meekins

BLATANT EVANGELION RIP-OFF TIME WHAT WHAT?

[img=http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/440/draftsaibanplugsuitrg0.th.jpg]

This took, like, 10 minutes. That's my only excuse. I didn't even rub out the pencil lines. And it's just an idea; it's too sketchy and just plain boring to be anything near a final design.

I want my scanner back Larry

~Zizzo

P.S Matt: You're so right. But, then again, you couldn't just add a cravat. You'd need all the extravagant embroidery or something equally as high-class for his plugsuit Edgy

lolkoala.

Zizzo wrote:
Quote:

BLATANT EVANGELION RIP-OFF TIME WHAT WHAT?

[img=http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/440/draftsaibanplugsuitrg0.th.jpg]

This took, like, 10 minutes. That's my only excuse. I didn't even rub out the pencil lines. And it's just an idea; it's too sketchy and just plain boring to be anything near a final design.

I want my scanner back Larry

~Zizzo

P.S Matt: You're so right. But, then again, you couldn't just add a cravat. You'd need all the extravagant embroidery or something equally as high-class for his plugsuit Edgy

oooh, I like that. :D I'm gonna see about getting a Friska suit up soon. :B

And we all know Edgey's would totaly pimp out his flightsuit. Edgy
THIS IS A SIG.
I draw things.

Chimera

Just a quick post (I really should be going to school right now...) to say:

Take off every incomplete credits page; Move credits page!

It's VERY incomplete; it should give an idea of what I'm looking for, at least.

I'll comment on other stuff after I get home from school!

EDIT: Fixed the URL. Thanks to Urby for pointing out my mistake~

Last edited by Kwoiffei on Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Space fashion! Can't offer much counsel because I'm simply 'ooooh, pretty!' on it all.

Kwoffei: There's a missing 'l' on the end of the url, so remember to tweak it.

So I'm getting you're putting on the credits page:
Name and Title
Contributions
Personal Blurb
Sounds like a plan! Matt

Also, because I keep my word, another comic ~
This one should be taken even less seriously than any I've ever made, as nothing is accomplished. (And Max managed to get away without saying 'sweetie'! Terrifying.)
Um, you can recognize who's next to Edgeworth in the first panel, right? Yuusaku

Oh snap!

@Gerkuman: As for the MIA thing, I actually meant my ideas in addition to yours (sorry if that wasn't clear). When Mia and Kaminogi were promoted, ther AIs were stored in an alliance... storage... place. Anyway, when Mia met Phoenix, she asked Grossberg to keep her AI, and give it to Phoenix "When he's ready."

@Empere: I like the terra-forming, as it would allow for more planets to be habitable. I still don't think that there should be too many planets, though, unless we decide to go faster-than-light/galactic scale. I prefer the smaller scale we currently seem to be going with myself.

About Morgan, I'm less sure. Without the issue of the "who is the master of the Kurain channeling technique" plot, Morgan probably wouldn't be as hostile toward Maya as she was in-game, just slightly bitter that her gift is much weaker than Maya and Mia's. With their gift of intuition, the Fey family have been highly competent serving as strategists and tacticians during the war, so Morgan sent Pearl to learn from Maya, who had the gift more strongly than she did. Maya is a fairly decent tactician, but focuses her energy more on being a good spotter to Phoenix (which also benefits from her improved intuition), and later on being a good mech pilot. Pearl, however, shows herself to be a prodigy in strategy and tactics, despite lack of instruction from Maya.

Fusegi Government also sounds good. They'd probably give more weight to the military leaders, though. The Fusegi Alliance was created to counter the Saiban Federation, so it's a primarily military alliance.

@Zizzo: Those are awesome!

@Kwoiffei: Credits page format looks good!

@Urby: Love the comic! (And yes, you can tell that that's Gumshoe).

"Well, it helps to have your mech trashed at least once, sir"
"I can't help it..."

Priceless Redd White.

As for romance, I don't really think we need to do much. Nick and Edgey will get shipped no matter what we do, and there's basically no pairings that are actually canon (Other than Mareka/Yuusaku, that is, and they're established as being already married).

On the music side, this remix has been recently brought to my attention. I think that it would be good for either the very end of the series when everyone's celebrating after foiling all of Gant's villainous plans, or while the credits play when/if there's a movie sequel (though maybe I'm getting ahead of myself there).

Quickie:
I says yay to This Feeling.
Fave OC remix right thar.

My eye hurts.
I should probably stop looking at screens.
It's late.
I go to bed now.

Chimera

Urby wrote:
Kwoffei: There's a missing 'l' on the end of the url, so remember to tweak it.

So I'm getting you're putting on the credits page:
Name and Title
Contributions
Personal Blurb
Sounds like a plan! Matt

Ack! Fixed! Thanks for telling me!

I was in a rush this morning... it did show, didn't it? (Don't look at me, I'm only human.)

And yeah, that's basically the format that I'm using. (In fact, I was using it from the beginning; what gave me trouble (and made it take so long) was my own blurb - I kept rewriting it!) All I ask is that I don't want the blurbs to be too long; a paragraph or two should be just fine.

And before anyone asks: no, I'm not British. I'm Australian. (I'm referring to my use of the word "bloody" on the page.)

@Urby: Oh yes, and the comic had me giggling. Now that you mention it, a gryphon form for the Huma isn't a bad idea, either...

For upgrades, well, one idea I got was claws. I then went and debunked that idea, saying to myself, "Maybe it already had claws from the beginning." >_> Another possibility? (I'm not sure. I had mental images of the Huma's wings grabbing an enemy mecha and slicing it apart... but that'd make it too similar to Brynhildr mk II.)

Speaking of which... I think I managed to come up with a sticker for Brynhildr mk II. Sorry, no flowers this time. It is a winged helmet, though - just looking at it from a... different angle.

In other news, I recently remembered that I have a book on heraldry, and that I had planned to take a crack at designing symbols/emblems/etc. for the Federation. Only problem is, I can't think of anything. >_>

Actually, I did manage to think of something: a shield. Ties in with the King of Prosecutors idea, but I think it needs something else as well.

... >_>

USE THE FORCE, PEARL!

Okay, I'm sure I've beaten the "Fey = Jedi" joke into the ground by now, so I'll stop.

You all kick ass. Great art, Zizzo :D

Gonna take a 33 hour train to Nanjing tomorrow evening. That'll suck hardcore :(

THEN I WILL BE BACK TO FULL POWER AND WRITE-NESS. KAY?

Warehouse Tiger

Wow, you're all so nice *Wibbles* And praise from CFTF...*Goes sparkly eyed*

And I love that comic, Urby! You're really good at getting people in character, aren't you? Garyuu

Going back to a previous topic, do you think we could have a Gunther (a la CFTF's OC) cameo, somewhere? He's much too loveable to be left out Wendy Oldbag

~Zizzo

Zizzo: You think so? I'm flattered! I just make some ha-ha, slap some drawings on it and hope it works. Matt

AND YES I DO BELIEVE WE NEED A GUNTHER YES. I was hoping I wasn't the only one to think that! I didn't bring it up because I have Judial and that would be obnoxious.

Kwoffei: SHEILDS SCARE ME THEY'RE ROUND! Adrian It is intensely hard to make convincing roundness in pixels! (Correction: hard to make things round in things that small) ...That and I can't imagine Fran with a shield, because she doesn't "protect". (Unless it's Andy!)
...Unless the shield is for the Federation, in which case, still aughnoit'sround

And I fail to imagine a train trip that long. I've only spent trips like that in planes. Yanni Yogi

Warehouse Tiger

And um, since I have no semblance of control over myself: Mia In Flight Suit! (Be amazed at the terrible quality of the image)

The sheer amount of GyakuMECHA sketches I've done already is kinda...impressive. It's like I'm possessed or something.

Not that I'm complaining. Ema

And OH GOOD LORD just imagining what Gunther's MECHA might be like...Gant It's terrifying. In a hilarious way, of course.

~Zizzo

P.S *Shot'd*
Page 8 of 32 [ 1259 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 32  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby