Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 10 posts ]

Rate the detectives!Topic%20Title

Ultimate Godot Fan

Similarly to the rate the games post, I just thought there should be some posts for this. My order is:

1. Gumshoe :gumshoe:
2. Fulbright :justice:
3. Ema :ema:
4. Badd
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." -Godot, 2019.
Re: Rate the detectives!Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

There's so many.

1.Gumshoe-A staple of the series. Almost never gets old.
2.Ema-Her AJ self more than her SoJ self,especially since her SoJ self is not a detective. She's sassy but fun,and also sympathetic to an extent.
3.Badd-He's just all around great. IF he appeared more constantly,he would be number one on this list.
4.Gant-I think this counts? This guy is an amazingly chilling villain. Great design,great breakdown,but most of all,great character.
5.Luke Atmey-The guy's a clever villain. His plan is incredibly detailed,and his mistake at the end is understandable.
6.Holmes-I won't give too much spoilers,but this guy's a maniac and I love him for it. He does some of the craziest stuff and gets away with it. If he appeared even more,he would be way higher.
7.Daryan-Guy's a stone cold pimp,and a clever one at that. Love the way you catch him. Sets up 4-4 nicely.
Spoiler: DGS Case 1 & 2
8.Hosonaga-He's also a very good detective. I like him way more than Gregson because,well,he's cool. I love how far he's willing to go for something he believes in. He always apologises at the end so sincerely. I feel sorry for the guy,really.

9.The Marshall Brothers-Putting these two together. They both seemed very smart and I'm sad that they're both gone now. If they had more screen time,they'd be way higher.
10.Gregson-Guy didn't leave much of an impact on me besides that one moment at the end,but his theme song is cool,I guess.
11.Fulbright-Guy's gimmick got stale fast. Though I do feel sorry for him at the end.
12.Buddy Faith-He's alright,from what I remember. Though a bit gullible.
13.Rip Lacer-....Who?

Let me know if I missed someone.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

The video game boy; the one who wins

1. Badd. Badd Badd Badd Badd. Love Badd.
2. Gumshoe. Such a darling. Such a hero.
3. Ema. Ema is awesome and funny.
4. Daryan. He's a jerk, but I love him. He's mostly below Ema because we had more of a chance to get to know her.
5. Luke Atmey.
6. Fulbright. The version we saw, that is. Only judging from what the guy himself appeared to be, I'd put him above Atmey.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Last edited by Going for Miles on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultimate Godot Fan

Going for Miles wrote:

Is he better in AAI2? I've only played the first Investigations, and he was cool, but he wasn't really that memorable.
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." -Godot, 2019.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Moddragon22 wrote:
Going for Miles wrote:

Is he better in AAI2? I've only played the first Investigations, and he was cool, but he wasn't really that memorable.

Can't say I remember exactly, but I watched AAI2 before playing AAI, and despite having a considerably smaller role I loved him immediately. So... maybe?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

He's great in both. The twist in AAI with him was incredible,but the deepening of his character in the second one is incredibly heartwarming. He's just a lovable guy,really.

Fulbright is my favorite. In justice we trust!

Spoiler:
Had an idea the other day for a DD rewrite: what if Clay Terran was the Phantom AND Fulbright was still the final villain?

His motive would be simple: justice. It's the one character trait that's hammered in by Fulbright the entire game. What if he was involved in the UR-1 incident but failed to find the killer until he used illegitimate means? He killed Clay Terran because:

1. There's no way justice can be served in the dark age of the law otherwise

2. He wanted to save Blackquill and knew that killing Clay would be the way to bring out the real truth behind UR-1

Thought it'd be a cool twist, especially because he'd be similar to Athena in the way that he wanted to save Simon, and it brings the Dark Age of the Law into the resolution of the game. It would also make Fulbright a villain without changing his character

And considering so many villains in the series end up being completely different characters when they're revealed to be the villain, I thought it'd be a cool subversion to have a villain who was honest the whole time but in the worst way possible: he loves justice, but to a fault

Just a thought...

Happy Maria

Spoiler: Response
That'd be cool,except I'm pretty sure that Clay was about 15-16 at about the UR-1 Incident so I don't think that he would resemble the guy seen in the video footage that well. Also,Fulbright wouldn't be fearless enough to jump off the Museum while it was moving. Still,I like the idea of Fulbright not actually changing a bit but still being the final villain.

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
Spoiler: Response
That'd be cool,except I'm pretty sure that Clay was about 15-16 at about the UR-1 Incident so I don't think that he would resemble the guy seen in the video footage that well. Also,Fulbright wouldn't be fearless enough to jump off the Museum while it was moving. Still,I like the idea of Fulbright not actually changing a bit but still being the final villain.

Well yeah some small things would need to change in the actual mystery so it wouldn't be exactly the same
Spoiler:
Though when I first played and saw the security footage I had thought Clay was the Phantom and Aura killed him in revenge for Metis...

1. Gumshoe.
2. Badd.
3. Ema.
4. Atmey
5. Fulbright.
6. Crescent.
7. Faith.
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby