Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 18 posts ]

Great Big Fandom Shipping/Pairings Survey!Topic%20Title

I like to think I'm a scientist

The Ace Attorney fan community is very active and very diverse, and as shipping and character pairings are an ever-popular topic, I'm interested in putting together some data! Which ships are most popular? Which character gets shipped with the most people? I'd love to find out!

This survey is completely anonymous, takes about two minutes, and, most importantly, is just for fun (and SCIENCE)! Please fill it out! I'd love to hear your opinions!

Here is the link to the survey!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1N70tFz2EIhIaqWI6-LEo5m9prl6zWRxwvKXzCq-LCOo/viewform

And the results I've gathered so far can be seen here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1N70tFz2EIhIaqWI6-LEo5m9prl6zWRxwvKXzCq-LCOo/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm

(I hope this doesn't violate the rules about linking off-site... there's no way to host a survey like this except through GDocs)
Great big hopefully-scientific Ace Attorney fandom shipping survey: http://aceattorneyshipping.tumblr.com/
Re: Great Big Fandom Shipping/Pairings Survey!Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Your quiz is flawed in many many ways xD

Putting forward "suggestions" before putting "other" just invalidates a lot of other choices people might have. It primes people to choose one of the "suggested" people as opposed to just putting whoever they think is best.

Also "other" is not "no one" which should be a separate category as asexuality is totally a thing (though it does question why someone would take a shipping questionnaire just to put that).

Though it was good fun....though you forgot Tyrrell Badd in "favourite detective" which is unforgivable.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

A Kirby and AA fan

I must have given the most boring answers there can be. I am a very vanilla shipper
And my favorites are all from the 1st game

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I'm surprised the only characters with het pairings leading the polls were Mia -> Diego, Ema -> Klavier, and Gumshoe -> Maggey. Granted, "Mia -> Diego" and "Gumshoe -> Maggey" are the only ones explicitly given love interests other than "Ron x Desirée" and technically, "Phoenix x Iris," but still, it's kind of surprising.

In Justice We Trust

As Pierre pointed out, the survey does fail to take into account the possibility of a respondent just not shipping a particular character with anyone. I just left the question blank in that case, but the results don't appear to address that.

Also, the option to "submit another response" bugs me. Is it possible for someone to "stuff the ballot box" by taking that option?
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
Also, the option to "submit another response" bugs me. Is it possible for someone to "stuff the ballot box" by taking that option?

Theoretically possible, yes, but I've seen little evidence of it. Spreadsheets has the ability to find identical responses, and there doesn't seem to be much evidence of the same entries being submitted multiple times - out of 860 responses there are only 14 duplicates, and those mainly seem to be accidental double-submissions less than a minute apart, or appear to be attempted corrections. I've been deleting the ones that are obviously duplicates, but they're few and far between. The AA fandom seems to be pretty honest, in that regard. (There's also no prizes for "winning", which I think helps - most people who fill out the survey are genuinely curious.)

The reason you're technically allowed to submit as many as you want is because there's no way to make sure you don't without making people sign in, or sign their names, or something, which would defeat the goal of anonymity.
Great big hopefully-scientific Ace Attorney fandom shipping survey: http://aceattorneyshipping.tumblr.com/

A Kirby and AA fan

I just now checked the results, and two things surprised me:
- Maya is primarily being shipped with Franziska?
- So much Tumblr! I thought CR would be bigger! ...But it's the second-smallest

I've felt worse.

I don't suppose it's possible for us to view the responses people put in the "Other" category, is it?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
I don't suppose it's possible for us to view the responses people put in the "Other" category, is it?

Unfortunately, no, which I didn't realize when I set the poll up this way. (I'm going to release a full write-up with more data and more charts later, but that probably won't be for a little while.)

However, most of the "other"s for everyone are some variant of "none/no one" or "s/he's asexual", or goofy answers like "burgers"/"SCIENCE"/"his job"/"happiness"/"THE LAW"/"me tbh"

However, there are a bunch of interesting ships I didn't even realize or account for - Apollo/Vera Misham got a bunch of respondents, and decent showings for Phoenix/Apollo, Franziska/Gumshoe, Klavier/Sebastian Debeste, Athena/Sasha Buckler, and Athena/Robin Newman. And, apparently, which I really should have prepared for, Phoenix/Hershel Layton.

Nerd Processor

Finally got round to answering this.

Why was the hardest part for me the 'participation in fandom' bit? In the end I picked Tumblr but I could have just as easily picked here or AO3...
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Gettin' Old!

Haha I put down Apollo and Vera!

and a ton of goofy ones for people I don't ship
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Finished answering, too!

Twas a bit leading in some parts, but I still had fun. ;)

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

Looking at the results was the most interesting part I'd say! I never really knew so many people shipped some of the characters that there was, like the high high numbers for Maya X Franziska and Ema x Kay. I never even knew those were a thing!

But I realized how little I ship characters after doing the quiz XD
And I honestly though that Phoenix X Mia was like, a legit pairing. When I initially played the first AA game back in the day, I literally thought it was canon that Phoenix had a thing for Mia. (But I was younger then, but I thought it was hinted at a lot in the game, I suppose.) I was a bit surprised not to see it on the list at all !

This was fun to see results for though~
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3

Hah, yeah... I only added options that I thought were common, for consistency and ease of analysis, but I was only familiar with tumblr, and as such now I see that the options I gave were heavily biased towards tumblr-popular ships. I had never seen Phoenix/Mia or Apollo/Trucy - or anyone genuinely ship Phoenix/Iris or Franziska/Larry - before I set up this poll.

I'm a bit humbled and will definitely keep this in mind if I ever do another poll like this.

Also, an announcement - I will be CLOSING this poll on FRIDAY AFTERNOON. If you haven't made your voice heard yet, now is your chance to do it!

Sleep is for the week/weak

That was quite an enjoyable survey! My shipping answers were as bland and as common as AA ships can get (I'm usually one for my extreme homo ships myself, but my OTPs in AA are surprisingly het), but it was really entertaining looking at the results and comparing my results to other people's answers.

But as for the faves part, I was so surprised that most if not all of my choices were ones that were not in the overwhelming majority??? *cough* Kristoph Gavin needs more love *cough* 1.4% psh he deserves more *cough* Oh, but more importantly, EMA NEEDS ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD OH MY GOODNESS PEOPLE GET IT TOGETHER

I'm just glad that 12.6% of the voters ship Franziska/Edgeworth pffft
Nayuki, I don't think we're in High School Star Musical anymore...

The cape is self-fluttering

venatrixlunaris wrote:
Hah, yeah... I only added options that I thought were common, for consistency and ease of analysis, but I was only familiar with tumblr, and as such now I see that the options I gave were heavily biased towards tumblr-popular ships. I had never seen Phoenix/Mia or Apollo/Trucy - or anyone genuinely ship Phoenix/Iris or Franziska/Larry - before I set up this poll.

I'm a bit humbled and will definitely keep this in mind if I ever do another poll like this.

Also, an announcement - I will be CLOSING this poll on FRIDAY AFTERNOON. If you haven't made your voice heard yet, now is your chance to do it!

Phoenix/Mia has always had its share of fans. I've seen Apollo/Trucy but mostly in kink memes.

There are plenty of Phoenix/Iris shippers, so much in fact that there's a thread here dedicated to them.

Franziska/Larry isn't as popular but it does appeal to some.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

aaand the poll is CLOSED

The results charts should still work if anyone wants to see the final raw results, but I will also be posting more detailed charts and breakdowns later.

Thanks to everyone who contributed! I got over 900 responses - I'm so happy so many people were interested!

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

Yay! Thanks for making this, it was a blast! I hope to see more interesting poll topics like this here, it was pretty neat! I can't wait for the detailed results :edgey:
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby