Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 2 of 135[ 5398 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 135  Next

Re: Phoenix Wright - The Musical. [Seriously. U:11/24]Topic%20Title

What is my liiiife?!?

Judge: Mr. Payne, can you elucidate and set the record straight about the reason why this man before me is the felon who has done the deed?
Payne: Your Honour, it is fairly plain, so please allow me to explain that the victim, who the defendant knew was a model, and it's very true that she had a close circle of men, and that is why the victim then killed her.
Larry: No! It isn't so! Please help me Nick, before I fry!
Mia: You know he is to young to die.
Nick: I don't think I can win!
Mia: THEN TRY!

I just made this up on the spot and I think it's a bit too 'Gilbert and Sullivan'-ish. XD

I want to change my nickname to Wrighto

If you're REEEEALLY serious:

Plan the plot as a musical, take out your favourite quotes out of the game and onto the paper, plan a song list, plan intermissions (in between lawsuits/chapters? lol@lawsuits), plan basic voices which are needed and post job openings in the OP.

EDIT: And that's just the beginning...
"Gimme back my coffee!" -Godot

Last edited by Wright_ on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foolish Fool

Do we start with the first case (Larrys)
or a cryptic scene representing the DL-6 incident. like a pitch black stage with rumbling nosies then gunshots/man screaming

Let's ROCK this bizzitch...with love!

Gerkuman wrote:
Judge: Mr. Payne, can you elucidate and set the record straight about the reason why this man before me is the felon who has done the deed?
Payne: Your Honour, it is fairly plain, so please allow me to explain that the victim, who the defendant knew was a model, and it's very true that she had a close circle of men, and that is why the victim then killed her.
Larry: No! It isn't so! Please help me Nick, before I fry!
Mia: You know he is to young to die.
Nick: I don't think I can win!
Mia: THEN TRY!

If that's just on the spot, then we really really need you for lyrics. :udgy:

Wright: Don't worry, everything'll be taken care of. We're going to put our heart and soul into this! :D

TheeGoblin: I say go straight to court with Larry's case, and present what happened there. Let's let the audience be surprised when it comes to the DL-6 incident!
Icon by kakita_akari on Livejournal!

Sahwit:
"OH MY GOD WHAT SHALL I DO?"
"WHO SHALL I BLAME, OH GOD JUST TELL ME WHO"

[enter butz]
Butz:
"...." (I can't think of anything)

and that's how it begins...

Yeah, that's about the plan. :)

Re: interaction: Can't say yet.Thumbs up because interaction is awesome, but more of a "Yes, YOU." thing, I think, but really - it's a minor detail for now. The script needs to get written. I suggest all three writers of us sketch down their version of the plot, and we compare in one or two days. This project can only be as serious as we make it!

What is my liiiife?!?

The thing is, this is our project; we can't just cherry-pick lines out of the games and paste them in, we need to use our own material too. :)

Oh, crap. I SO want to be part of this. I could help a little with writing. Maybe I could do voicing of some kind if I get ahold of a mic.

I love Phoenix Wright, I love writing, and I love musicals, and people say that writing and drama are talents of mine. I'd love to at least do a little.

I should get going while the game's still fresh in my head, then; I did only borrow it from my friend, after all.

But then again, National Novel Writing Month is ending in five days. Could I wait to start doing hardcore writing until Dec. 1st?

That's not what I meant. You take out special memorable quotes from the game and stuff them into the script. In literature it's called allusion.

Comparing writers is not efficient. You need a lead writer which will supervise everything each writer writes to perfection and synchronisation.

Correct. I'd like to work as close to the game as possible, but a lot of creative work needs to be done. How it works in a game is one thing, theatre is another. And Gerku, as said, if that was on the spot, you're our man.

By the way: First topic that you could finally close the brackets Eth! Congrats

Wright_ wrote:
Comparing writers is not efficient. You need a lead writer which will supervise everything each writer writes to perfection and synchronisation.

I think we'll compare writers at first. Once we decide who's got a better hold on what we want done, then they can become our lead writer. That sound good to you guys?

Wrighto approves

Larry approves as well. The brackets are closed, Eth and Wright are happy.

@atomic: that's cool btw - since this project will be a lot longer than a week, take your time. I'm kind of busy myself, but I will use my free time working on the plot.

Last edited by Ethed on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is my liiiife?!?

Larry: Another day when she's not in is another day of pain.
Sahwit: It's him... I can cast the blame and get away free, and no-one can beat me, touch me or catch me. Larry Butz... your time is up.

Edit: I also approve of the writing comparison thingy too, it's fair.

Last edited by Gerkuman on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foolish Fool

isn't the script somewhere on the site?
im loving crimping at the moment as a way of synchronizing rhyme singing

Sooo I'm leaving for the night. (Well, night in America, at least. :P) I'll come back tomorrow morning and record my voice for ya, Eth.

Also: here's a PW fiction piece I wrote the other day- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3907446/1/M ... ochachinno You can use that for my writing reference since it's pretty recent.

Foolish Fool

http://www.court-records.net/scripts/script1-1.htm

http://www.court-records.net/scripts/script3-5(4).htm

This looks way nicer... It's a lot of effort to write these things...

Foolish Fool

testimony/cross examination should def be singing parts

Today's special: Lawyer

I would be glad to help in any way I can! I...er...only really do tech work for drama so if it ever gets perfromed near me I'll design the lights ^^;
But for what I can do to help get moving...hm...
If you want to have orchestrated music and not do a midi (not sure on which you were planning) I've played the clarinet for about 7 years now. I can also help with arranging music if you like. I'll also help write the script, but I can't start on that until next weekend due to a story I have to write for school as well as tech hell week being all next week.
As for singing....only if you're REALY desperate. I can help with some minimal/non singing roles though! Let me know if I can help!

What is my liiiife?!?

Itani, would you be able to design a way for us to be able to do Tazer effects using light? That would create a really brilliant feel.

Anybody is welcome to help. As this is happening over the net, we will most likely not just yet go for fully orchestrated music but..more professionally rendered midis and more. However, should you be able to record in excellent quality, let me know.

I need somebody very very reliable to share arranging music with. If you think you'll be dedicated enough for this project (and perhaps have a piece to share), hell, take this ticket. The M.S. Wright welcomes you.

I'm overwhelmed by the interest in this project so far, and for now we need a draft of the script. Any writeup will be of help, even if you can only start next week.

Should this ever go very far, and even if not, everyone involved will be credited and famous. :D

Ooh, Tazer effects with the light. Like irregular flashing or something.

What is my liiiife?!?

Not just flashes though, the tazer prop itself could emit some light to add to the effect. Before we can start up on the script though, we need a very quick brief, so we know whats happening.

Today's special: Lawyer

Yeah, tasering effects with the lighting shouldn't be too hard. Irregular flashing, or even flashing in a pattern, source 4 lights shining down over phoenix with jagged frames in the lights... yeah I think I could do it! I'd just need permission to use the stage... Or another stage if someone could secure one. I don't think I can use the school'd anytime soon because of the band concert, chorus concert, and the drama club's own show to put on next weekend.
I could help arrange the music, though I'm still pretty new at it.

Foolish Fool

that could be done with simple led lights and a button.

as we're an international site. if it ever came to rehearsals in the park or hired hall kinda thing. would we have different production/group bases. lol properly bit soon to be thinking this

Stop thinking about the tazer and start thinking about practical things, like script and voices for instance.

MIIiaaa FEEeEeY!!

atomicscribble wrote:
Obvious question!

Characters interacting with audience members (e.g. using aisleways as set too): y/n?

Very yes. I think that getting the audience involved would just make this EVEN MORE awesome.

I haven't had much experience with musicals, but I can at least try to write something... I also have a mic, but no real software for editing anything I record.

Lives in a box mansion

I can sing (so-so ^^;; ), act, and write. I'd be willing to assist =D

EdgyxSlippers <3

edit: I thought about it a little more, and brought myself down to earth with the realization that I actually don't have enough time to commit to something like this. Sorry about that. :(

Good luck with this project though, I can't wait to see it when it's finished. :)

Well, I've lurked on these forums for a while, but I just had to get in on this project. I'd love to sing. I'm good -- scholarship to Berklee for voice -- and I've got a musical background. I'll send a sample once I get back from break (and on a faster connection than dial-up). For now, I'm female, an alto for the most part, though I can sing higher or lower if needed. I can hit an F below middle C consistently, belt an E5, and sing up to an A5 consistently.

And if this project actually gets off the ground, I'd definitely hassle my brother into singing for it, since you may be lacking for males. He's got a baritone/tenor range and much the same musical background as I do -- he can pick out harmony, and he has a strong voice. I can send you a clip of his voice as well, if you like.

I'd also welcome the chance to write some music for the show. I was thinking maybe a rhythmic-speech sort of thing for one or more cross-examination sections, with quick back and forth lines between Phoenix and the prosecuter/witness. Of course, you already have a lot of writers willing to do work, but I'm always full of suggestions anyway. My arranging skills are lacking, but I do read music and can play a little piano, and could maybe act as a suggestion phase (e.g. "add strings here," "try this part a capella," "harmony would sound good here," etc.)

A few questions about the scope of the project:

Do you want to do the whole first game? I think that might be too ambitious, and would run quite long. It might be better to pick a case (e.g. 1-4) and possibly change/add things to get the right feel. Maybe start with the end of 1-3, for example, to establish the rivalry, and include some of the bits about Phoenix and Edgeworth's childhood from earlier cases.

Also, how much would be music? Do you want a regular show with a song here and there, or more of an operetta -- mostly sung with a few spoken bits? That's really going to affect the way the show is written.

How is it going to be presented? Obviously a live performance is what many have in mind, and that would definitely be cool, but it would be unrealistically difficult to pull off, I think. If we could get some artists/spriters in on the project, maybe a flash animation could work.

Heh, sorry if I've gone overboard. This sounds really cool, and I'd love for it to actually go somewhere instead of just staying in the dreaming phase. I'll help any way I can.

"Battle is my forte!"

You guys are crazy. But I wanna play. D: And I agree with pretty much everything Miss Prince has said... And as lovely as it would be to somehow get a live performance, it certainly isn't realistic. But still, this sounds like fun.

I WILL have to commandeer my friends microphone. As per experience, I'm the president of my schools drama club, and I've played the lead character the last two years. [Alice from Looking Glass Land last year, and Peter Pan this year, if it matters] I'm female, and I sing alto and soprano in my choir. My range is about...Uhm... I'm not sure how long I can go, at least Ab below middle C, and I can hit the second F above middle C most any time, and occasionaly the second G. I'm in my school's Select Ensemble and All-State choir [#9 Alto in the state, actually...but I don't think I'm all THAT good...] And I can play piano, [okay-ish] and Bb clarinet, [second seat, tied with first seat, she just got it cause she already had it. XD Pretty good]

Also, I wouldn't mind helping writing but I think we need to get striaght exactly what you're writing first...I'm kind of confused... >.>

Ans as a random idea in general, I think it would be better if the entire first case was one song. I mean, the main point of the case is to introduce the game and characters to a PLAYER. If it's a musical, it could be shortened even more. That might help with the length a bit...

...But you guys sure are ambitious, that's for sure. XD

That's a good point about the first case = one song thing.

Actually, another way to go about it might be an episodic sort of thing. For example, we write a song to represent the first case, along with "stage directions." Then we record it, and we find someone to animate it. Then we work on the second case, which would probably have multiple songs and dialogue in between, record and animate it. Then the third, and so on. That would give us easier goals to work toward, and allow us to ease into longer pieces, culminating in an episode like 1-4, which would probably be a full-length musical in its own right.

Just a suggestion. The hardest part will be keeping everyone interested in and involved with the project.

I have an idea. Different styles of music for different witnesses. Sahwit, for example, could have Arabic music for his song. Edgeworth could have Classical, Sal would have video game themes, and Larry shall sing "I like big butts". *shot*

Custom Case Writer

If the musical's script follows the game's theme of showing the audience who the real murderer is at the beginning... man, I just got this awesome image of the performance of 1-1, and when Sawhit comes on stage to take the witness stand the audience starts booing.
OTPs: Jake/Ema, Max/Regina, Phoenix/Maya, Laurice/Franzy
Re: Phoenix Wright - The Musical. Seriously. [Recruiting! U:11/2Topic%20Title

Tee Hee Hee...Boom!

atomicscribble wrote:
Aside from singing, I'm kinda music-defecit. XD I've got no idea of harmony and all that unless I hear it, and I can't really write music for myself.

same here
i've sung a few times in class
and once in front of the whole High School Dept.
Eternally grasping for contradictions...
: Phoenix Wright : The Musical ::Vinci's wallpapers/sigs/avatars/stuff :

What is my liiiife?!?

Interesting ideas everyone, and it's great we've got more singers. We already planned on the first case being the first song and that leaves 85 minutes for the next two cases which sounds impossible.

But it isn't! Because of the fact that:
1) The investigation sequences of Turnabout Sisters are really short and
2)We can always abridge Turnabout Samurai to two days, by combining the two investigation and the two court days together.

That leaves a whole hour and a half for Turnabout Goodbyes, which is very possible to do.

I'm really enjoying the serious interest in the project. First of all, thank you everybody for your constructive posts! I've done a lot of thinking last night, and some of this is not going to be spectacularly new, but it is important nonetheless.

It is true that most likely this will never reach a professional show. Capcom USA/Europe may hear of it even if we don't contact them, but PW/GS is a Japanese game in the end, and the producers have access to much more professional sources, but even more so, teams of people that aren't shattered across the world. This makes it a digital production coming the minds of fandom (as opposed to a professional show) all the more challenging - which leads me to the next point.

It's going to be ridiculously hard. Organisation alone will be - keeping track of what everybody is doing, synchronisation of what everyone is doing, availability over the course of several months... Crucial people may suddenly not be available anymore and will have to be replaced. Even if we get off the ground smoothly, it could go as far as to having to leave it unfinished. Our strong advantage is that we have the game's plot and the game's script available. It will still mean a lot of work, however.

On a more personal note, Miss Prince- thank you very much for your post. We need to be critical and realistic from the very beginning in order not to end up disappointed. Your musical background excites me a lot! As well, it's great to hear your talent spreads onto several fields. A good technique is one thing, but being able to give advice and point out room for improvement makes you the addition I've been praying for to this project.

I think that changing the story to the extent of focussing almost entirely on 1-4 would be too much. Larry is introduced in 1-1. Mia dies in 1-2, and reappears to help with other cases. Maya's on trial, etc etc etc - it would take too much of their characters away. We need the space and time to establish their personalities, I believe. We can put a lot into dialogues - making it a regular musical, song here and there, about in the style of Cole Porter's Anything Goes.

For now we need to get a draft for the script done and possibly, where songs will be placed. I will add everyone to the team list, but will call it "available instrumentalists" and so on instead, as we don't have the freedom of claiming people yet.
Page 2 of 135 [ 5398 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 135  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby