Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 2[ 80 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which AA Jokes/Gags you'd like to see more/less of?Topic%20Title

Just a random passerby

I don't really have any that that I'd like to see more of right now.

Definently have some I'd like to see less of though.

Not really a fan of the ladder/stepladder gag. With all due apologies to those who like it, It does nothing for me.

Edgeworth being a bitch to Detective Gumshoe all the time. While I never really liked this one, It got overdone in AAI. It would be nice if he bought Gumshoe an entire dinner sometime, not just "some extra cheese on his meal"

Pearl slapping Phoenix unconsious because he "cheated" on "Mystic" Maya. I like Pearl, but I don't like this slapping gag. In my opinion, its a stupid gag that's not funny. This needs to be toned down a lot in my opinion.

And the number 1 gag I don't like is, of course, the Oldbag loves Edgeworth gag. I never liked this one from the beginning, and it was way overdone in AAI.

I wouldn't mind seeing the last 2 gags eliminated all together, to be honest.

I'll probably have more later.
Re: Which AA Jokes/Gags you'd like to see more/less of?Topic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

You won't have to worry about the last one in AAI2, or Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney.

On the other hand, you better bet you'll see a lot of it here on these forums. The whole "Elmyra" complex those two have is one of my favorites.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Call me James

Probably the one I want less of is the old "OH MAI GAWD Gumshoe is so poor OH MAI GAWD" shtick. Lay off Gummy, guys :sadshoe:

The one I'd like more of is just more references to past cases, rather than needless cameos, I suppose.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Gettin' Old!

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Probably the one I want less of is the old "OH MAI GAWD Gumshoe is so poor OH MAI GAWD" shtick. Lay off Gummy, guys :sadshoe:

The one I'd like more of is just more references to past cases, rather than needless cameos, I suppose.

So Rich Gumshoe for AA5? With a mansion? After winning the lottery and moving in with Maggey Birde outta pure irony?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I'm not big on the Pearl misinterpreting Nick & Maya. Gets a little old for people like me who mainly like the witty dialogue and the law proceedings.

I also don't want any more of the Hottie Clinic guy. Not only did I find it not funny, it bothered me that they were making light of that kind of thing.

Oh, and the underwear thing from AJ needs to go. If that wasn't in there it would be my favorite entry to the series.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

I totally agree about Edgeworth being too mean to Gumshoe! It went through the "lol I feel bad for him but it's still funny" stage, into the "ok it's getting old" stage, then on into the "wow this is actually making me sort of uncomfortable" stage. and stayed there. aaallll the way through AAI. it actually made me start to dislike Edgeworth, which I never would have thought possible before...

but ngl, I love the (step)ladder gag and the Oldbag/Edgeworth gag simply for the nostalgia/staple-of-the-series sort of deal. I always get excited whenever I see Oldbag turn up in another case. however, the exact opposite of my reaction whenever they toss in Lotta Hart for the 2348294th time. (I feel like I complain about her in basically any thread that I can get away with, whoops)
Kay, you might want to tone the ruffling down a bit.

{tumblr:} edgequill • {twitter:} edgequill • {Ao3:} edgequill

HEARTC☆RE

I don't really understand the whole ladde/stepladder thing, but I don't mind it.

I find the parts where Pearl thinks Nick's cheating on Maya funny. Especially with Desiree DeLite. :edgy:

But, yeah, Gumshoe being poor is a bit OTT. He gets fired basically EVERY episode/game and the humour becomes lacking.

Oldbag/Edgeworth is damn hilarious. Especially when she's fawning over him.

my heart is nuclear
love is all that I fear

(Sp)ace Detective

I'm in favor of Gumshoe catching a break too (from whipping as well as "salary adjustments"). And Oldbag (and the Butz) are insufferable.

Stepladder/ladder I don't mind, it's a nice in-joke.

Then there's Edgeworth's red knight surrounding the spiky-haired blue pawn, which is okay but could use a twist. Like someone suggesting that it's a depiction of the blue pawn heroically fending off the red knights against overwhelming odds. :sawit:
Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

KingRaptor wrote:

Then there's Edgeworth's red knight surrounding the spiky-haired blue pawn, which is okay but could use a twist. Like someone suggesting that it's a depiction of the blue pawn heroically fending off the red knights against overwhelming odds. :sawit:

I always thought it would be funny if there was ever a time when Edgeworth was over at Wright & Co. and saw a futile attempt by Phoenix to retaliate with his own chess set. And of course Edgeworth would see the real meaning behind it immediately and would be amused he was bothering Phoenix that much.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Knowing Phoenix, it'd likely have the mature sophistication of Tic-Tac-Toe or Checkers. Likely checkers. Phoenix can be out numbered, and then turnabout with a combo jump that Kings the piece.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Wooster wrote:
Knowing Phoenix, it'd likely have the mature sophistication of Tic-Tac-Toe or Checkers. Likely checkers. Phoenix can be out numbered, and then turnabout with a combo jump that Kings the piece.

I can hear the Pursuit/Cornered Music now!

Gettin' Old!

ADA McCoy wrote:
KingRaptor wrote:

I always thought it would be funny if there was ever a time when Edgeworth was over at Wright & Co. and saw a futile attempt by Phoenix to retaliate with his own chess set. And of course Edgeworth would see the real meaning behind it immediately and would be amused he was bothering Phoenix that much.

Well if that was the case he'd have to acknowledge his own problems to have his chess set sadistically enacting out the defeat of Phoenix.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I kind of felt they overdid the whole "Edgeworth secretly likes the Steel Samurai" gag in Ace Attorney Investigations, although in the last case it suddenly didn't seem like there was even an attempt at covering it up anymore. I was tired of it by the second case.

I love the stepladder jokes, I never want those to go away. I agree the Pearl slapping Phoenix one got tiring in Trials & Tribulations.

I didn't find Dr. Hotti offensive at all, I like his recurring appearance at the hospital since it's usually short anyway. I can't really think of anything else. Dr. Grey's bit was funny, but for obvious reasons it can't be used again. :grey:
The reason for my eagerness is my want to pursue the truth, and my want to believe in the strength of those who use the power of the law for good. As someone who has chosen to live my life as a prosecutor... that is my new creed.

Just a random passerby

Wooster wrote:

Personally, I think Phoenix would challenge him to Poker instead. Whether or not Edgeworth accepts the challenge is up for debate. He doesn't seem to be the poker type.

I don't care for "Director Hotti" either. Also, what's up with the whole Hotti/Hickfield thing.

Also:

Although Klavier was one of my least favorite prosecutors in the series, I'm getting a little tired of the "Prosecution's obsession with perfection" gag. Not much else to say about that one.

The "Police are so incompatent" gag is getting a little stale as well.

I'd like to see some other Rise of the Ashes characters besides Ema and especially Meekins.

Finally, there's the whole "teenage girl sidekick" thing. Might be nice to have something different for a change.

The cape is self-fluttering

rydus65 wrote:
I'd like to see some other Rise of the Ashes characters besides Ema and especially Meekins.

Gods, yes.

Meekins... what a waste of cameo. At least they tried to give Ema a purpose.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Till the landslide brought me down...

I reckon they overdid the cutting in Gummy's salary jokes. :sadshoe:
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°

The man who decides the verdict

rydus65 wrote:

I'd like to see Jake Marshall make a cameo as well.

All shall bow before the mighty Godog!!!

I love seeing Edgeworth get flustered, but I'm sick of Oldbag. Seeing her in the first game was enough, but her constant reappearances got tiresome. Edgeworth get's caught off guard almost as easily as Wright, so we kinda don't need to see her so much.

The "miracle" never happen

More of the Judge's silly comments and outside references. Less of Oldbag and Steel Samurai fanboyism.

I do not want to see anymore Ladder/Stepladder jokes. It stopped being funny in JFA - Oh no wait, they made it new by having the protagonist say it's a ladder and the assistant calling it a stepladder. Dammit, guys, we know the difference by now (if not, look it up) so stop it.

Pearl slapping Nick.
Never mind my not liking MayaxPhoenix, but it feels so .... it feels like I'm reading an obligatory Tsundere character in a Harem manga and AA is not that! It's not, it feels weird.

I would like to see more pun names, as long as they remain clever and not too obvious.... Sal. Yes, you, Sal. Although it would be hilarious if they took a leaf from Simpsons and create a character called Anita Bath or Mike Roche. Or even Ben Dover. Oh I wanna see Mr Ben Dover.

C-A

High level play

To be honest, I'm not bothered at all by these reocurring jokes. They crack me up everytime.
Pearl slapping Phoenix... I can do without, however it contributes to the purity of her character. Protecting an idea of being faithful when in love, that's a good thing and it matches child like thinking processes. The way how she slaps the skabroosh out of Phoenix though, remains a mystery.

Completely agree on the Gumshoe argument. He's loyal, hardworking and goshdarn that should deserve some respect! It doesn't have to expressed in fat paychecks but some apreciation now and then would certainly be nice.

What DOES bother me though are the channeling processes. When Pearl channels Mia it just feels to perverted in my opinion. The game immediately draws attention to the fact that Mia is now in a way to skimpy outfit (it does make sense, don't get me wrong) when Mia is supposed to be the epitome of a classy lady. Intelligent, helpful and good looks get narrowed down to: hey gamer! have some sex appeal, enjoy! The Tres Bien case where Mia is summoned by Maya in her waittress outfit serves to prove my point here.
It just seems wrong in my opinion. The game is about story, excitement and hilarity in my humble opinion. These 'mature rated' jokes seem out of place. Even if Capcom is a Japanese based company.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Quote:
The way how she slaps the skabroosh out of Phoenix though, remains a mystery.

Perhaps she simply channels somebody much stronger than her into her hand.
While I do agree it makes sense that Mia in Pearl's clothes shows a ton of cleavage, it also doesn't ... as a comic strip showed, with the sudden growth, Mia would be strangled by Pearl's necklace. Also, the obi would never hold the kimono closed properly and the underwear would completely split apart.

Thank god for Videogame physics that we do not have a going commando Mia standing next to Phoenix...

C-A

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

I'd like to see a more competent police force, but that'd just be wishing the world to Capcom.

And less "look! a ladder!" jokes too.

That aside, all the other running gags are ok, some aren't really all that funny but cutting 'em out would leave the game without a certain touch that it needs.

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

You look like you have a big vocabulary.

Oldbag and Edgeworth omg. So sick.of.it.
Would you kiss a certain Ace Attorney character? Or would you dismiss them?
~ Play Kiss or Dismiss! ~

State Alchemist

This guy :hotti: being a perv to any and every girl he sees.

Changing his name to "Hickfield" won't make me like him any more writers, he's still squicky!

Also, can we stop lowering Gumshoe's salary, the guy can barely pay for his own meals! :sadshoe:

[Whip the cream!]

I agree with many of you - Pearl slapping Phoenix got old really fast.
And I found Franziska's fool-talk very tiring, as much as I love her.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Pixel Artist

Gumshoe's salary cuts make me wonder he gets by. Poor guy. He could barely treat himself a snack. :sadshoe: The underwear thing has to go. I seriously found it awkward. And if you present the panties to Phoenix.. o - o ;;;
ADA McCoy wrote:

This would be really funny. = v = Oh and more name puns! :redd:
And for some unexplained reason.. I want to see a male Fey even if we don't meet Maya post-AJ. I'm really just curious. C: Won't happen in a million years though.
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Anyare wrote:
This would be really funny. = v = Oh and more name puns! :redd:
And for some unexplained reason.. I want to see a male Fey even if we don't meet Maya post-AJ. I'm really just curious. C: Won't happen in a million years though.

It's possible that there is a male Fey... although it's likely that the Fey Clan just heavily consists of women. But I don't think a male Fey would be really... important... they aren't important in the village, so they might make a cameo but that would be it.

C-A

Pixel Artist

CatMuto wrote:
It's possible that there is a male Fey... although it's likely that the Fey Clan just heavily consists of women. But I don't think a male Fey would be really... important... they aren't important in the village, so they might make a cameo but that would be it.

C-A

I doubt they'd be important since the Fey arc's end in T&T but I wouldn't mind a cameo of a male Fey as a witness or background sprite. Even if the game doesn't tell you outright. C:
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Racing through the sky like a Missile

ADA McCoy wrote:

I felt the need to mention this: Although there's no mention to the chessboard in GS5, Phoenix does get back at Edgeworth at one point. It's during their showdown in the last case, where Phoenix comments on how Edgeworth needs to get a better "sense of style". It bothers Edgey quite a lot... and then Nick pulls out another insult with correct-evidence that causes Edgey to crash. It's amazing, to say the least.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

I felt the need to mention this: Although there's no mention to the chessboard in GS5, Phoenix does get back at Edgeworth at one point. It's during their showdown in the last case, where Phoenix comments on how Edgeworth needs to get a better "sense of style". It bothers Edgey quite a lot... and then Nick pulls out another insult with correct-evidence that causes Edgey to crash. It's amazing, to say the least.

That's funny considering Phoenix seems to have taken some fashion tips from Edgeworth. I can just imagine one of those fashion magainze "Who Wore it Better?" stories.

Good to hear Nick gets some revenge for the emotional manipulation that is that chessboard, though.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I also would like to see less of everyone being mean to Gumshoe and his salary getting cut and so on. Not only is it unfair considering how much he has helped out (especially coming from Phoenix who shouldn't even get information from him in the first place since he's on the prosecutor's side), it also has gotten to the point where it's not just not funny, it makes me genuinely uncomfortable.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
I also would like to see less of everyone being mean to Gumshoe and his salary getting cut and so on. Not only is it unfair considering how much he has helped out (especially coming from Phoenix who shouldn't even get information from him in the first place since he's on the prosecutor's side), it also has gotten to the point where it's not just not funny, it makes me genuinely uncomfortable.

It also hurts Gumshoe as a character, I'd say. He becomes more of a joke, a running gag, "poor, incompetent, stupid Gumshoe who can't afford anything but instant noodles", reducing him to some traits instead of the more fleshed-out character I saw him as at first.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Like Larry, who also has become somewhat of a parody of himself. He is kind of defined by his bad sides and every other character constantly goes on and on about how much of a worthless idiot he is. Especially Edgeworth, who actually should
Spoiler:
thank him for not being sentenced to death

Simon breaking his shackles. It was kind of scary the first time, then it just got... "oh. that again."

I can't be the only one with this ship?

Edgeworth vs Phoenix is GS5 man those were funny

I wanna see more references to past cases
Pierre wrote:
So Rich Gumshoe for AA5? With a mansion? After winning the lottery and moving in with Maggey Birde outta pure irony?

I thought Gumshoe would be chief of police by GS6 it would make sense of why he's not in the game

Athena's biggest fan

I'm not gonna lie, Pearl's shipping fantasies were cute to me when I played T&T. And it's not like the ladder jokes are shoved in your face. I don't want them to go away. I also thought the Police references in AJ were clever.
But the Gumshoe thing is pretty stupid to me, because at this point he should be completely homeless, not even living in a dump eating noodles. Completely homeless. Larry was never funny to me. He was just Phoenix's friend. And I second the comment about Simon's shackles. I knew it was coming, and I knew he would just stand there once they were off.
The Nonchalant Rage officially premiers next month on YouTube. Subscribe now:

TheNonchalantRage wrote:
I also thought the Police references in AJ were clever.

The what now? I don't remember those at all...

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
TheNonchalantRage wrote:
I also thought the Police references in AJ were clever.

The what now? I don't remember those at all...

C-A

Trucy: Maybe they're trying to trick kids into thinking the police are some kind of band.
Apollo: But that's just silly. Who'd name a band the "police"?
Spoiler:

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Page 1 of 2 [ 80 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby