Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 280 of 427[ 17073 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283 ... 427  Next

Re: Ever have Phoenix Wright-related dreams? *possible spoilTopic%20Title

[Whip the cream!]

Oh, so a bunch of martyrs are also 1.76.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Going for Miles wrote:
Yeaaaaah.

Hmm, I'd forgotten that Barnham and Byrne Faraday are 1.76 as well. And three other dead guys. And Layton (but I think that was with the hat included)

But while we're on the topic of heights, is it just my imagination are have the characters, at least the men, become taller on average during the series?

176 does seem to be a symbolic height... with life and death, apparently.

I've noticed that too. Granted, this series as a whole has reflected average character heights in Japan, and compared to 15 years ago, I think the averages for Japanese young men and women have increased slightly.

...I still can't believe Pearl grew 4 cm over ten years. Have they not been feeding her!?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The video game boy; the one who wins

Quote:
176 does seem to be a symbolic height... with life and death, apparently.

:gregory:

Quote:
and compared to 15 years ago, I think the averages for Japanese young men and women have increased slightly.

Ahh, I didn't know that.

Quote:
...I still can't believe Pearl grew 4 cm over ten years. Have they not been feeding her!?

:/
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

I find the women so small compared to the men, though! When I read Mia's height I almost thought "tall one" when she's in fact quite average.

Me too. With SoJ came the highest height for a female character so far... 1.72.

[Whip the cream!]

What a giant. O_O

Going for Miles wrote:
Quote:
Hahaha, most definitely! I'm so amused by the fact that it was the height-thing that kickstarted it.

That would explain why I feel immersed when playing as Phoenix even though I can't really relate to him most of the time. And Gregory, if I'm ever able to play GK2 :acro:

It never made since to me how GK1 was localized. But GK2 never came any to any other country other except Japan. Can someone explain to me why?

Due to bad sales, if I'm not mistaken...? But yeah, it sucks.

Going for Miles wrote:
Due to bad sales, if I'm not mistaken...? But yeah, it sucks.

I hope they do localize it one day. But at this point it would be on the 3DS instead of the DS I'm guessing. I havn't got to play the first one either but I hope they release the first one as a hd remake on the Eshop soon. Actually it would be really cool if they bundled them together. It's sad to know that probably won't ever happen though. :sadshoe:

Mm, having it along with AAI in a re-release of the latter is probably the only hope we have at this point, and even that is very slim at best. At least some fans put a lot of effort into translating it, I'm very thankful for that so that there is still some way to experiencing the story. And it's a good one, so it's a shame it never got to us officially, really. I really, really hope DGS won't suffer the same fate...

I heard a rumor that it won't come to the US. I hope that's not true I want to try that game so badly. To be honest the only Phoenix Wright games I'v played is the Phoenix Wright Trilogy. I havn't played Apollo Justice, Both of the games I mentioned earlier, Dual Destinies (Can't play it because it's rated M and my parents are strict for game ratings.) and SOJ because I don't have any money.

Hmm. To me it mostly seemed like the localization team was focused on SoJ and didn't have any plan for DGS... I'm not too hopeful about it getting localized either, but I do still nourish some hope.

Going for Miles wrote:
Hmm. To me it mostly seemed like the localization team was focused on SoJ and didn't have any plan for DGS... I'm not too hopeful about it getting localized either, but I do still nourish some hope.

Honestly it would be cool if they let the fans help translate it. Why don't they have two localization teams. One team focuses on the main games and the other team focuses on other games. But if the localization team came on the forums and asked people to do it that would be awsome.

Phoenix, Edgeworth and an older lady called Polly had a museum together. Phoenix sat in the reception, and every now and then he'd turn his microphone on and just talk from the top of his head for his own amusement. "HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE MUSEUM. WHO IS THIS TALKING, YOU MAY WONDER. WHY, IT'S ME! PHOENIX WRIGHT, AND WHAT DO I HAVE TO SAY? NOTHING AT ALL, ACTUALLY!" *continues talking on and on*
One day a couple visiting the museum called him out on it. Then they asked who his best friend was. Phoenix didn't know how to reply. Polly, who was standing next to him, was miming "Eedgewoorth" with her lips really clearly several times, but even though Phoenix saw it he didn't dare to say Edgeworth, because although he considered Edgeworth his best friend he worried that Edgeworth didn't consider him his. Then Phoenix turned into stone. Polly moved him out of the way. Edgeworth was his stand-in in the reception and tried to hold monologues too, but he sucked at it.

[Whip the cream!]

Going for Miles wrote:
"HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE MUSEUM. WHO IS THIS TALKING, YOU MAY WONDER. WHY, IT'S ME! PHOENIX WRIGHT, AND WHAT DO I HAVE TO SAY? NOTHING AT ALL, ACTUALLY!" *continues talking on and on*

Hahah, I love it.
Quote:
because although he considered Edgeworth his best friend he worried that Edgeworth didn't consider him his.

Aw...
Quote:
Then Phoenix turned into stone.

HAHA. Very casual... Completely unrelated to previous events I suppose...?
Quote:
Polly moved him out of the way.

Byebyyyee...
Quote:
Edgeworth was his stand-in in the reception and tried to hold monologues too, but he sucked at it.

Have some whiskey, Edgeworth, you'll see it'll be alright, you'll be great at spouting nonsense. Also... Did the dream state whether Phenix was "dead" or not?

Quote:
Hahah, I love it.

I'd go to museums more often if the experience included some random person talking gibberish. Especially if said random person was Phoenix.

Quote:
HAHA. Very casual... Completely unrelated to previous events I suppose...?

Yup... It just happened.

Quote:
Have some whiskey, Edgeworth, you'll see it'll be alright, you'll be great at spouting nonsense. Also... Did the dream state whether Phenix was "dead" or not?

Oh yeah. Maybe he'd frighten the visitors, though. Oh no. He was just turned into stone for the time being. I'm sure he was alright eventually. And yeah, he wasn't conscious in his stoneform, if that's what you meant.

[Whip the cream!]

Going for Miles wrote:
I'd go to museums more often if the experience included some random person talking gibberish. Especially if said random person was Phoenix.

Hahaha, yeah, that would be awesome.
Quote:
Oh yeah. Maybe he'd frighten the visitors, though. Oh no. He was just turned into stone for the time being. I'm sure he was alright eventually. And yeah, he wasn't conscious in his stoneform, if that's what you meant.

Aaah that's true. But oh, phew, yeah, I'm glad it was temporary. xD Hahaha how incredibly frustrating it would be if he was! (Didn't even think of the possibility that he could be haha.) And get carried away...

---

I took a nap... or rather, the nap took me, since I had only slept for two hours. Got some dreams.

First of all, Altimomate dream. :3 We met up and I believe Rubia was in her dogform. It was summer and we sat outside and grilled some food, I know we grilled pork but I don't remember what me and GfM were going to have. Might have been beetroot patties but I'm not completely sure. I wasn't supposed to have grilled food because some newspaper said that grilled food messed with bipolar disorder and made us that have it risk manias short after but I didn't give a damn because I've had grilled food my entire life and I doubt that it was ever the case of any mania I've had. (Not an article that exists IRL, of course, haha.) I was annoyed, that's for sure, but not for long because hey, why would I focus my mind on articles when I was hanging out with the great Altimomates and had a nice dinner? The table, a big wooden one, was nicely decorated but I know none of us had decorated it. I also know that the porch we were hanging out on didn't belong to any of us, some nice person let us borrow their house and their grill while they were on vacation or something. The house, the porch and the grill looked quite similar to my mum's and her husband's. It was all so chill, we ate and enjoyed the nice weather, it was perfectly warm, not that annoying heat, and we sat all stretched out after we finished eating. I went inside to tie my hair up and fetch my glasses as well as refill our jug of water. We had white bag-in-box wine as well. We discussed Ace Attorney, I knew we talked about Trucy at some point, also Apollo... and Aploplo. "What's with that guy!?" Then we changed the subject to Polecat, that trickster.

I dreamed that Rubia had written a long message in this thread and I completely missed it and only answered to GfM's short message right before it. Well, subconscious, that already happened for real not too long ago!

Then I dreamed that I had had an Altimomate-dream. Yes, perhaps because I actually did.

I also dreamed that I had dreamed about Lamiroir, or that I wished to dream about her because I love Lamiroir a lot.

Some collage with a few AA-characters. I remember Richard and Jake.

Aaah, how chill :3 And what a nice person that borrowed us the place. Good food, white wine, nice company and Ace Attorney-discussions... that's life :will:

[Whip the cream!]

Thaaaat's life. :edgey:

Oh, that's right... A cheer. :b33r:

The Enigma

Wahhh I’m so sorry I’ve been abstinent…blah, absent from this thread guys! But I have a reason!
Spoiler: Allow me to explain!

…So I really have no excuse. My real reason: I’m still fighting the system. ANYWAY! Whoo shots!

I'll come back later. I have class in ten minutes! I'm just letting y'all know I'm not dead. Sigh, I miss you guys.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

[Whip the cream!]

Siiiiiiiiiis! *huuugs!* You've been missed! :acro:

Life can really get in the way at times, so no reason to apologise! None whatsoever! Oh my gosh, that sounds like a lot. Like... A whole lot.

Fight the system! Shots! Cheers! See ya later...

...Morgan. :kristoph:

And ah... Spirit of Justice-music... Just started watching SoJ on Youtube, so soon I'll be able to understand references! x)

Hey Brami! What's crack-a-lackin', homie? Good luck fighting the system. I'm rooting for you :edgey:

[Whip the cream!]

...I think our Brami-greetings just now showed who's the tougher one of these two siblings.

Dang, this is what happens when I'm stuck in class but still getting notifications from this thread. WG, I see no place for you to question your toughness. We're all Altimomates here.

Good luck with everything, Bram. If you ever need Phoenix to keep his pants on, I'm here with my trollswatter.

Quote:
Then Phoenix turned into stone.

Nice try, you feathered fiend! Stone will not stop this trollswatter! Hiyaaah!

Quote:
We discussed Ace Attorney, I knew we talked about Trucy at some point, also Apollo... and Aploplo. "What's with that guy!?" Then we changed the subject to Polecat, that trickster.

I dreamed that Rubia had written a long message in this thread and I completely missed it and only answered to GfM's short message right before it. Well, subconscious, that already happened for real not too long ago!

Then I dreamed that I had had an Altimomate-dream. Yes, perhaps because I actually did.

Ah, the meta-dreaming has returned. Then again, we are all but drifters of dreams in this grand dream known as "life".

Subby has been teasing me. Not only has she convinced me that I did dream about something Ace Attorney, but she gives me unseen footage of Pokemon Sun/Moon. I haven't even played or seen whatnot of the demo yet. What is the meaning of this?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

[Whip the cream!]

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
WG, I see no place for you to question your toughness. We're all Altimomates here.

:sillytrucy: Haha! Not that I mind not being tough but thank ye all the same haha. Yes. We're all Altimomates.
Quote:
Nice try, you feathered fiend! Stone will not stop this trollswatter! Hiyaaah!

I wonder how much of it he'll feel, though... :viola:
Quote:
Ah, the meta-dreaming has returned. Then again, we are all but drifters of dreams in this grand dream known as "life".

Yes... The meta-dreaming. Wise words, dear pomeranian, wise words... :kristoph:
Quote:
Subby has been teasing me. Not only has she convinced me that I did dream about something Ace Attorney, but she gives me unseen footage of Pokemon Sun/Moon. I haven't even played or seen whatnot of the demo yet. What is the meaning of this?

What a little tease, yes. Here. Have some confett. Loads and loads of confetti.

Rubia: But... what good does a trollswatter do on stone? Be careful so it doesn't bend or something. And how deep. :D We are such stuff that (AA-)dreams are made on...

Trollswatters are designed to be flexible. They also have a lasting effect for several hours after each hit, so when he comes back out, he's getting it. It's in the technique.

[Whip the cream!]

The more you know... :viola:

Oh! Trollswatters are certainly more advanced that I was aware of. Poor Phoenix though: first he turns into stone and then he comes back to life only to be swatted from nowhere without any chance to defend himself.

He won't even know for what he's getting them. >:3

[Whip the cream!]

Going for Miles wrote:
Oh! Trollswatters are certainly more advanced that I was aware of. Poor Phoenix though: first he turns into stone and then he comes back to life only to be swatted from nowhere without any chance to defend himself.

*snicker!*

What's crack-a-lackin', homie?

This is the first time I'm posting in this thread! :pearl:
I don't really remember most of my dreams, but I had a few Ace Attorney-related dreams for the past several days.

My first one was Phoenix and Maya going up a water slide. Yes, up, not down. Ahead of them were younger versions of them, a 12-year old Phoenix and 17-year old Maya. When they reached the top, Dahlia was there. Phoenix rejected her and 12-year old Phoenix was replaced by college Phoenix, who reprimanded Phoenix for making her unhappy.

Then, Apollo and Pearl were living together in either a townhouse or an apartment. The strange thing was that no one else was living in the area. Someone dropped by a few times and never saw Apollo or Pearl together so they thought Pearl was channeling him.

The final one was from a nap I had earlier. Apollo, Phoenix, and maybe some other characters were in a flat building, in a room that looked like a computer lab. A Pokemon (maybe Giratina) came and attacked them but was exorcised by Apollo, who also had the ability to be in two places at once. My dream shifted to Phoenix's point of view, and Apollo had some cool, un-Apolloish music playing. I don't remember the tune, but it might have been rock music. Team Rocket was also there somehow, hiding behind a giant rock.
Apologize to the funyarinpa!

[Whip the cream!]

reidiantdawn wrote:
This is the first time I'm posting in this thread! :pearl:

Hiya! :wave:
Quote:
My first one was Phoenix and Maya going up a water slide. Yes, up, not down.

The pictures in my head are far too vivid here hahah, I definitely can imagine it happen to them.

Quote:
Ahead of them were younger versions of them, a 12-year old Phoenix and 17-year old Maya. When they reached the top, Dahlia was there. Phoenix rejected her and 12-year old Phoenix was replaced by college Phoenix, who reprimanded Phoenix for making her unhappy.

And that's the last time they go to a waterpark... xD
Quote:
Someone dropped by a few times and never saw Apollo or Pearl together so they thought Pearl was channeling him.

Another thing I can imagine far too vividly! Poor Apollo.

Reidiantdawn: Hiiee! :) Hahaha, of course they'd go UP a waterslide... And damnit, Dahlia. I like the Apollo and Pearl one, lately I've been thinking they'd be sweet as friends.

I dreamed I was looking at a tracklist and there was a song by a band called B.U.T.Z. Their song was called "Timid". I thought it suited Larry's personality.

[Whip the cream!]

Timid is definitely the first thing I associate Larry with.

Also, when I scrolled down this page I read this...
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
...I still can't believe Pearl grew 4 cm over ten years.

...as "I still can't believe Polecat grew 4 cm over ten years."

Okay so for some reason Apollo was my roommate in a house. The dream started with me in a pretty crappy car listening to some generic rock song. Anyway the GPS said the house was only a block away. Anyway I get home from work and hear a weird bouncing sound so I look around and I see nothing so I ignore it. I enter the house and Apollo is the only one home because Athena's on vacation in Florida. I call Phoenix and Trucy like I usually do because Phoenix is our Landlord and Trucy is Apollo's adopted sister after all. Also I couldn't call Athena because she hates to be called during her vacations.

After I end the call I walk to the living room drinking a cup of Godot branded cofee when I hear a bouncing sound again and it's getting louder. I look out the very large window to see a little boy across the street from us. He was Cody Hackins and he had a large smile on his face. He was playing with a big red rubber ball. As he noticed me he started to come towards our house. Now this house looks completely different from the one I live in right now.

I ran and told Apollo who was taking a shower that I saw that creepy kid again. Apollo raced out of the shower and quickly put on a bath robe and ran to the window. Apollo told me to lock the door because Cody was in the drive way now smiling harder than ever as he was skipping across the pavement. He was still bouncing that red ball. I quickly locked the front door and Apollo and I calmed down as we heard the ball bouncing go away. But then we felt a bit of rustling and breathing behind our necks. Before we even turned around Cody slit our necks with a knife like Turkeys.

On a side note as the dream ended Cody muttered this in my ear. "If you hear a ball bouncing watch out because the new Grim Reaper is out to get you. You may try to run but I will always be faster, you may try to protect yourself from me but that won't help at all."

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Whip the cream!]

"How chill", I thought. "How chill to have Apollo as a roomie." ...and then things went downhill. Oh. That wasn't what I expected from a dream that starts with Apollo as a roomie. Dangit Hackins, haven't your parents raised you better than that? For shame! (As a sidenote, I once dreamed that Cody became an apprentice to de Killer... Apparently subconscious minds turn the little boy to a murderous bastard. I wonder that means.) Anyhow, I won't ever trust a child with a ball again. Or a child at all.

Mechanic: I want Apollo as a roommate too. I want to drink Godotbranded coffee too. The rest... not so much. *shiver* At first I thought Cody smiling and bouncing a ball sounded sweet, but... Thank goodness I already cross-examined him yesterday, I wouldn't dare facing him today after reading that xD

-------------
Wohhhh boy. I had to wake up at 6 today to get to a seminar. That is usually hellish enough, but today I ended up inhumanely tired so when I got home I was like "sleep. Now." and proceeded to take a four hour nap. Even in the dream I had before the one I'm gonna write about now, I was so tired I dozed off several times. I'm still tired.
Anyhow! Apollo, white room. A long, long time ago I can still remember how the music used to make me smile I dreamed Apollo looked into a slot in the touchscreen and saw a picture of a booklet called "[Name]: The man behind everything". Today Apollo started searching for it in the bookcase next to the touchscreen. Aura asked what he was doing and he explained. Phoenix' ugliest file folder landed on the table. (What damn table, dream? There's no table besides the nighttable Apollo drew an elephant on. Wait... Phoenix?!)
Aura: That's an file folder.
Apollo: I know, but there might be something in... ah!
Yes, between its inside and a paper glued onto the inside for writing on, one could see the contours of something with a suspicious resemblance to a booklet.
Apollo: Do you have a knife?
Aura: No, if I had I'd put it to use somehow already.
Apollo: Then how are we gonna get it out?!
(Geez, lad. This is your problem, don't yell at Aura)
Aura said, probably joking, that if they searched the room further they might be able to find stuff that could be combined to build a knife.
Apollo: This isn't a game, Aura.

[Whip the cream!]

Going for Miles wrote:
At first I thought Cody smiling and bouncing a ball sounded sweet, but...

Haha, that was my initial thought as well.
Quote:
Wohhhh boy. I had to wake up at 6 today to get to a seminar. That is usually hellish enough, but today I ended up inhumanely tired so when I got home I was like "sleep. Now." and proceeded to take a four hour nap. Even in the dream I had before the one I'm gonna write about now, I was so tired I dozed off several times. I'm still tired.

Aw. :/ Wish Godot could give you some special blend of coffee that makes a person extremely alert. (Speaking of, I could use some too. I'm sleep-deprived to no end.)
Quote:
Phoenix' ugliest file folder landed on the table. (What damn table, dream? There's no table besides the nighttable Apollo drew an elephant on. Wait... Phoenix?!)

What the hell is going on here on this day.
Quote:
Apollo: Do you have a knife?
Aura: No, if I had I'd put it to use somehow already.
Apollo: Then how are we gonna get it out?!
(Geez, lad. This is your problem, don't yell at Aura)

Apollogize, boy. Apollogize.
Quote:
Aura said, probably joking, that if they searched the room further they might be able to find stuff that could be combined to build a knife.
Apollo: This isn't a game, Aura.

Aw, poor Apollo. But perhaps Aura is right! Perhaps they should play it as an escape the room-game (but without escaping until they found the truuUuth).

I also had a dream a few nights ago. All it was was Luke Atmey and Laurence Curls doing the Moonwalker at a bar with all the Phoenix Wright characters. Maya was drunk off grape soda. Edgeworth was singing they lyrics. While Larry played the guitar, and Gumshoe played the drums. Matt Engarde was the bar tender. Only other thing I saw was Apollo was dieing from laughter at Athena tripping on a banana and crashing into drums.
Page 280 of 427 [ 17073 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283 ... 427  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby