Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 2 of 2[ 48 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Out of morbid curiosity... [4-3 spoilers likely]Topic%20Title

Team Stepladder, represent!

I really enjoyed the case while I was playing it!

I didn't mind the repetitive video at all; I thought the song was so pretty, and it was a lot of fun to try to sing along -- and, of course, watching Klavier flailing in the fire never got old.

It also included what was probably my favorite character cast of all the AJ cases.
I loved Machi and Lamiroir, and :haha: was great to love-to-hate.

But, now... reading here and seeing how contrived the plot really was... xD;
I admit, I guess it is pretty ridiculous...but at least it was enjoyable, and that's all that matters! :rock'n:

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

I thought i didnt like the protagonist of the game, but upon playing this heinously anus case i thought that it was wretchedly executed. Its almost like they only brought out AJ to piss off PW fans, they took away Edgey and Gumshoe :edgeworth: :sadshoe: and instead gave us the insufferable douchebag, klavier, but on a positive they did bring back Emma, but she was not that much of a comic relief character as gumshoe.

Plus it seemed to just want to annoy us even further by saying:
"Look Emma's back and now you can use her amazing science she always talks about and showcased in the first game 2 years ago....... in only 2 cases."
and
"Hey, we have video codec now too, so we can use video sequences....... for 1 case and a brief little one near the end of the final case."
with:
"YAY! Phoenix is back, but now he is an arrogant cryptic Asshole who is also a hobo and will only show up about 5 times throughout the entire game, and just to rub salt in the wound, you get to play as him in the final case and destroy his life. :foam: "

But the most insufferable part was case 3 because of the incredibly weak story, the incredibly flawed characters, the blatantly forced confessions and the overall backtracking to find, of all things, A FRIGGIN EARPIECE THAT WAS IRRELEVANT BEFORE! plus the stupidness of the prosecutor.

(Just for the record though, Guilty Love is an awesome track and so is the guitars serenade(only the version played when talking to lamiroir and the one valant plays on piano, the cutscene version is too BLEEH!) but they were played too many times in a short period for unnecessary reasons.) :rock'n:
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

zachariah Von-Karma wrote:
I thought i didnt like the protagonist of the game, but upon playing this heinously anus case i thought that it was wretchedly executed. Its almost like they only brought out AJ to piss off PW fans, they took away Edgey and Gumshoe :edgeworth: :sadshoe: and instead gave us the insufferable douchebag, klavier, but on a positive they did bring back Emma, but she was not that much of a comic relief character as gumshoe.

Plus it seemed to just want to annoy us even further by saying:
"Look Emma's back and now you can use her amazing science she always talks about and showcased in the first game 2 years ago....... in only 2 cases."
and
"Hey, we have video codec now too, so we can use video sequences....... for 1 case and a brief little one near the end of the final case."
with:
"YAY! Phoenix is back, but now he is an arrogant cryptic Asshole who is also a hobo and will only show up about 5 times throughout the entire game, and just to rub salt in the wound, you get to play as him in the final case and destroy his life. :foam: "

But the most insufferable part was case 3 because of the incredibly weak story, the incredibly flawed characters, the blatantly forced confessions and the overall backtracking to find, of all things, A FRIGGIN EARPIECE THAT WAS IRRELEVANT BEFORE! plus the stupidness of the prosecutor.

(Just for the record though, Guilty Love is an awesome track and so is the guitars serenade(only the version played when talking to lamiroir and the one valant plays on piano, the cutscene version is too BLEEH!) but they were played too many times in a short period for unnecessary reasons.) :rock'n:

and WHAT THE F**K IS UP WITH DARAYAN'S BREAKDOWN ANIMATION!? i mean from the angle its shown in court he is still standing rightway up on the witnesses bench but its as if its looking top down on him from above. from any and all angles its just WRONG!

Personally, 4-3 was actually my favorite case in Apollo Justice, but mostly for characterization purposes than anything else. (Although I did like the concert venue and the overall theme.) It was the only case that really gave me a good sense of what Apollo and Trucy are like on their own, when Phoenix isn't around to guide them during the investigations and court sequences. It was nice to see Apollo stand on his own two feet, and I liked his commentary during the investigations. I also liked seeing Klavier's cool-as-a-cucumber facade break down at the concert, and how he showed a softer side when Trucy and Apollo went to visit him in his office to swap evidence. I was honestly sad to see Daryan go, because sure, he was grumpy, and his motivations are still a bit vague, but I thought he was funny and think he would have been another fun addition to the list of returning detectives, if he had only gotten the chance.

I do agree that it was executed poorly though. It was riddled with plotholes, but most cases have at least one or two. All you can do is suspend your sense of logic and remember that it's just a video game. >o<

Fair enough, but compared to everyother case it still seems too weak to be true. Even Sahwit's case was more consistent than this, Payne could have done a better job as the murderer. but aside from its faults, NOTHING excuses that incredibly poor and ridiculous breakdown (Yes i'm aware Gant gets struck by lightning in his but he was worthy of god-like animations.)

Aww zachariah, Daryan's my favourite thing about this case XD the knob hair is awesome 8D

NO! I CANT ACCEPT THIS!
I WON'T ACCEPT THIS!
AAAAARRGGGHHHH PEEEEEEEEENIIIIIIIIISSSSSHAIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRR!

ok, i know when i'm beat :P

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!
Page 2 of 2 [ 48 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)