Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

Should the mason system return?Topic%20Title

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

Would you want the MASON system back in AJ2 or would you prefer it to not make a comeback?

Me? i would rather it not make a comeback as it seemed to complicated with its rushed plot points and connections and unnecessary for the last trial as it was just an excuse for CAPCOM to allow Phoenix to use his Magatama and show the fans that this game is still within the series canon rather than a separate series with Phoenix included.

But after the conclusion of the game and the success of the MASON systems trial run as well as the judge saying the legal system had to evolve, it is highly likely if they made AJ2 then it would return as an implement into all the trials.

(Plus another excuse to possibly warrant a sequel is the unresolved problem of Kristoph's black psyche-locks that all the fans want to unlock to find out his darkest secret.)
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!
Re: Should the mason system return?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

I'd actually rather think of the game as a new series with added Phoenix.
If it's the same series that implies Phoenix will become the main character again and I think he's had his time.

The Mason system I doubt will return...in a sense that we play through it. I imagine in future if the Jury system is utilised (which it should be otherwise Kristoph would triumph) then the mason system is simply the program they use to review evidence and courtroom events rather than something we have to play through.

In short: The Mason system will be there....we won't see it or need to use it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Where's my 3rd buttafly!?

I personally wouldn't want it to return, but if it didn't 4-4 would be pointless.

Maybe in AJ2, there's 1-2 cases where a killer gets off free thanks to the jurors and their emotions and it causes them to revert back to the old system?

But then that brings me back to it being counter-productive and making 4-4 pointless. RAGHHHHHHH! :Pizza2:

Or perhaps in the beginning of 5-1, we could find out that they ditched the MASON system for some reason, but kept the jurors. The jurors could have some awesome plot twists (Bribing jurors or a jury entirely made up of the killer's friends) :gant:

If it was in AJ2....Maybe unlike in AJ, where you went into the past, you can only deal with the present. The jurors could see Apollo interact with the witnesses/defendant and how they react.

Spoiler: 4-4
After all, there was no legal evidence tying Kristoph to the murder of Drew and attempted murder of Vera, but I assume he was charged with their murders just from his reaction of WRIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHHHHHHTTTTTTTTT LAW IS PERFECT I HATE YOU PEOPLE ARE EMOTIONAL AND IRRATIONALLL!

ImageImageImage

Gettin' Old!

No no the Mason system can be seen as....a simple way for jurors to review evidence and the trial. We wouldn't need to see anything or travel around messy time again as we wouldn't be using it. It would just be how they view the trial much like we use an interface to examine evidence and progress through a trial.

We could just hear like a small statement from the judge at the start "The Mason system is now operational, you can give your verdict at any time however the trial will continue until all votes have been placed regardless of majority, review the evidence and testimony and decide whether the defendant is innocent or guilty." and that's all the mention it needs to get.

Though yes having criminals get off and letting the Jurors be corrupt would be a bad message given Kristoph's final statements.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I hope it doesn't come back. It was an interesting idea, but ultimately, it was confusing and illogical, and instead of worrying about how to prove my case, I found myself trying to wrap my head around how evidence from the future could be used in the past, and whether or not what I was seeing and hearing was supposed to be "real" in the game, or if it was a hypothetical situation produced by the MASON system that was supposed to sway the jury in the defense's favor. It felt gimmicky, and it cheapened the last case a little, for me. :/

If I were Kristoph, I would be less concerned with leaving my fate to "a mindless, emotional mob of irrational mouth-breathers" and more bothered by the fact that my case is basically being determined by a computer simulator.

Ziska Von Hawthorne wrote:
Or perhaps in the beginning of 5-1, we could find out that they ditched the MASON system for some reason, but kept the jurors. The jurors could have some awesome plot twists (Bribing jurors or a jury entirely made up of the killer's friends) :gant:

Did it say anywhere in the game that the jury system had to be implemented hand-in-hand with the MASON system? For some reason, I always got the vibe that the jurors were a permanent change, but the MASON system was more temporary.

Gettin' Old!

The Mason System was like an interface for the Jurors to view the information in the case. It was very touching on the fourth wall I think Phoenix even actually says it's "Like a game..." but it basically allows them to look at all information in a trial in whatever order they want.

I still don't think it's such a big deal if it returns so long as we don't have to use it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Nah, It's cool for that case I guess, but I really don't want to see that thing again XD

Prolific Writer

You know, I'm one of those guys who wouldn't really mind either way. The MASON System was pretty cool, and I'd gladly go through it again. However, I recognize it's a very situational device, and if it is going to be used, there has to be a good reason for it.

I've actually used the MASON System in some of my earlier work with at least halfway decent results. But even in those stories, I make sure to mention that this is not a system that's used regularly. And if writers (official or otherwise) want to use it, they're going to have to get creative. Just my two cents on the matter.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Little_Thief wrote:
You know, I'm one of those guys who wouldn't really mind either way. The MASON System was pretty cool, and I'd gladly go through it again. However, I recognize it's a very situational device, and if it is going to be used, there has to be a good reason for it.

You voiced my opinion well. To paraphrase one of my favorite authors "Sometimes, having a power, and not using it, can be the most intoxicating thrill of all". Sometimes, by not using a literary device, you make that device more powerful. If the MASON system returns. Great! If not: Great! Nothing worse then killing something because it was over used.

My one complaint with the MASON system was that it tore Apollo from his roll as protagonist by putting Wright back in. Now, was that a flaw with the MASON system or who was behind it? I make it a point not to judge things based upon who or what misused them.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)