Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 11 of 11[ 409 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Re: Machi Tobaye : The REAL Pianist of GS4 -SPOILERS-Topic%20Title

100% Juice

arcane-phoenix wrote:
Eee, Machi. <3 When I first started 4-3 he didn't stand out much to me, but he grew on me so much as I continued playing the case. By the end, he was my favorite character (and as of now, he's my favorite from the entire series).

It's hard to explain exactly why I love him so much, but I think his character is very interesting. The fact that we weren't told much about his backstory makes it easy to speculate about his past and such. There are a lot of possibilities for him, and I hope that GS5 will shed a little light on them. That, and I've always liked characters with his personality: emotionless and stoic on the outside, but much gentler and kinder on the inside (although, Lamiroir did mention that he has a darker side, too... hmm).

And... he's also incredibly adorable. :3 His smile at the end of 4-3 was so cute!

i actually prefer his regular look to his smile. i think his smile was too cute for me to handle. when i replay that part I have to look away tbh! isn't that weird!?

and anyway i do think he has so much potential for back story. but i think capcom probably won't elaborate on it in a next game so that disappoints me. As for being gently... the more I look at him the more I think he isn't kinder and gentler on the inside. I mean the fact that he teamed up for a dangerous scheme like that makes me think that there's something a lot more going on in his brain. i dunno if it's sinister per se but i just think that machi's just an innocent face at best.

besides he's a liar! :gant: his face could be a lie as well!

Meep? :<

mikkimikka wrote:
arcane-phoenix wrote:
Eee, Machi. <3 When I first started 4-3 he didn't stand out much to me, but he grew on me so much as I continued playing the case. By the end, he was my favorite character (and as of now, he's my favorite from the entire series).

It's hard to explain exactly why I love him so much, but I think his character is very interesting. The fact that we weren't told much about his backstory makes it easy to speculate about his past and such. There are a lot of possibilities for him, and I hope that GS5 will shed a little light on them. That, and I've always liked characters with his personality: emotionless and stoic on the outside, but much gentler and kinder on the inside (although, Lamiroir did mention that he has a darker side, too... hmm).

And... he's also incredibly adorable. :3 His smile at the end of 4-3 was so cute!

i actually prefer his regular look to his smile. i think his smile was too cute for me to handle. when i replay that part I have to look away tbh! isn't that weird!?

and anyway i do think he has so much potential for back story. but i think capcom probably won't elaborate on it in a next game so that disappoints me. As for being gently... the more I look at him the more I think he isn't kinder and gentler on the inside. I mean the fact that he teamed up for a dangerous scheme like that makes me think that there's something a lot more going on in his brain. i dunno if it's sinister per se but i just think that machi's just an innocent face at best.

besides he's a liar! :gant: his face could be a lie as well!

He does have very bright eyes, doesn't he? They aren't just blue, they're BLUE.

I'm not counting on Capcom giving him more backstory, either... which is depressing, but I also like being able to speculate about it. It's fun! How he was orphaned, what his parents were like, at what age was he orphaned and did he live on the streets (I assume he did)... so many things to consider.

He's a very complex character, and there's a lot to him. I think his interactions with Lamiroir show that he does have a gentle side to him, but like you mentioned... he willingly risked getting the death penalty to smuggle a cocoon out of his country. For money. A lot of people think that he wanted the money to pay for Lamiroir's eye operation, but I honestly think that his true intentions were darker than that. He's definitely not as innocent and sweet as most people think, but that makes a nice contrast with the love he shows for Lamiroir. (That, and I think he does know how to manipulate people with his looks. He be clever!) Overall, I think he has both a gentle side and a dark side to him. It's why I find him so interesting, you know? His behavior is pretty much impossible to predict because of his mismatched personality.

He is indeed a liar! :karma: At least he admitted it at the end of the case... while smiling sweetly. It makes me wonder what exactly is going on in his brain. XD

(Sorry for the insanely long post. I loves Machi quite a bit. :< He's fun to talk about, isn't he?)

I feel violated... and crispy...

I LOVED Machi so, so much. I think he had a bit of an attitude under that angelic face, and he just won me over so fast.

I think it's an interesting parallel, how Machi seems to have been Thalassa's eyes when she was Lamiroir. The same way Trucy was Phoenix's eyes for his poker games, teaching him about tells. In a way Machi took care of Thalassa the way Trucy took care of Phoenix.

I hope they just don't forget him. I'd like to see him back in GS5. Would it be possible for Apollo to get his sentence reduced to house arrest? How awesome would it be for him to be stuck around Nick's house, giving Apollo a hard time every time you come back to the agency during an investigation.

Besides, Lamiroir said she considered him a son. Wouldn't he be somewhat of an adopted sibling to Trucy and Apollo, once they discover who their mother is?

Ahhh, it's all speculation. But I just love Machi so much. I'd hate for him to be forgotten now that Thalassa has her biological kids back. =(
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!

Meep? :<

pleadingeyes wrote:
I LOVED Machi so, so much. I think he had a bit of an attitude under that angelic face, and he just won me over so fast.

I think it's an interesting parallel, how Machi seems to have been Thalassa's eyes when she was Lamiroir. The same way Trucy was Phoenix's eyes for his poker games, teaching him about tells. In a way Machi took care of Thalassa the way Trucy took care of Phoenix.

I hope they just don't forget him. I'd like to see him back in GS5. Would it be possible for Apollo to get his sentence reduced to house arrest? How awesome would it be for him to be stuck around Nick's house, giving Apollo a hard time every time you come back to the agency during an investigation.

Besides, Lamiroir said she considered him a son. Wouldn't he be somewhat of an adopted sibling to Trucy and Apollo, once they discover who their mother is?

Ahhh, it's all speculation. But I just love Machi so much. I'd hate for him to be forgotten now that Thalassa has her biological kids back. =(

Nice to know that I'm not the only one who thinks that Machi is more than just a cute face. XD Sure, he's frail and delicate... but I don't know. I think he can be pretty clever and even devious if the opportunity presents itself. He willingly smuggled a cocoon out of Borginia for some very important reason, so I think that alone proves that he isn't exactly an "innocent and harmless" child. (That, and I love child characters who have that edge to them, haha.) I died laughing at this one part of 4-3 that happens if you present the wrong evidence to him during one of the perception segments. If you don't present the Borginian newspaper to him like you should, you get this little gem:
Lamiroir: Machi says, "Try again, adhesive."
Machi: *talks to Lamiroir*
Lamiroir: ...Oh, I'm sorry. "Try again, sucker."
I love it when the adorable little boy turns out to have a snarky side like that. XD Oh Machi.

Oh man, it would be GREAT if he got to hang around the Wright Anything Agency! XD He would try to give Nick piano lessons before realizing that it just... will never work. Poor Machi will try to rip his eardrums out.

I honestly hope that he comes back, too. I mean, if Thalassa "adopted" him as a son he would technically have a relation to Apollo and Trucy as a little brother. Even if he isn't one of her biological children, he was the one who held her hand and cared for her so dearly during her time as Lamiroir. :< I've done a lot of speculation about this myself, and I wonder how Machi would react to discovering that Apollo and Trucy are Thalassa's children. I think he would want for her to be happy, but... at the same time, I think he'd be bitter and jealous to some extent because he'd feel replaced. I feel that he lost his own parents early in life, so in a way Lamiroir is the only mother he has clear memories of. Knowing that she has children of her own would hurt him so much. :/

I love Machi so much. He's so complex when you look past the reserved exterior: I feel that while he's capable of being cunning, he has a kind and caring heart underneath everything else. That, and augh. He's so cute.

I thought of Machi becoming Apollo and Trucy's stepbrother too. I think Polly would get jealous XD

Thanks to some fan works I also thought of him being friends with Wocky and working at the Kitakis' bakery with him (And hilarity ensues).

Eee, he needs to come back in AJ2 if there ever is one. If Thalassa shows up, his appearance is inevitable.

Cute little bugger he is. :acro:

I feel violated... and crispy...

For some reason I feel like Machi would give Polly a hard time a lot. Just snark at him and tease all the time. And you know how flustered Apollo gets. MANY HOURS OF AMUSEMENT.

But I imagine him and TRUCY would get along great. Maybe it's because she reminds him of Thalassa, but I just could totally seeing those two being bffs and teaming up for all sorts of shenanigans. Or even just to hang out and blast Gavinners records and fangirl Klavier Gavin to get on Apollo's nerves.

Machi: Mr Wright is being hurting my perfect prodigy pitch! D= *covers ears*
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!

lol he is good character

To the Batmobile!

Ah, Machi Tobaye is cute. :D

But Daryan just had to scare me with the whole "houses of cookies and pianos" and the like.
DragonsWebsite[closed]
You might know me from Dragon Cave Forums or Orange on my website. :) ~ Set by me

Y'know

Watatata~! wrote:
I FOUND ITTTTT~

Spoiler: It's chibi but STILL

I kind of wonder why he couldn't have looked this good in the game itself.

...Oops. I accidentally brought a thread from 4 years' past.
Page 11 of 11 [ 409 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)