Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 2 of 3[ 117 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: before you knew, did you ship apollo/trucy?Topic%20Title

For me, there was no 'before I knew' I ended up spoiling the whole game for myself the day I found it about it, because I became a fan after GS4 was released in Japan, so no, I never shipped ApolloxTrucy.
And I agree.... MachixTrucy is just almost as bad as ApolloxTrucy....

Witness my stand... FOUGHT THE LAW!!!

About the age I don`t have complains cause my fav shipping has a diference of 7 years.
And Apollo/Trucy has a diference of 6 years.

BTW my fav pairing is: :franny: / :nick-heart:
Thanks. It was, is and always will be a pleasure.
"Getting into law school will make you realize how fucking bonkers these games are... like REALLY"

*insert title here*

The age wouldn't bother me as much if Trucy wasn't a child. If she were in her early 20s or late teens, it would be more acceptable to me. So no, I didn't 'ship them before.
icon by: iconglomerate @ LJ

Sparkling Jewel

Gah, I lament it...I'm not a big shipper, but if you'd asked me, Apollo/Trucy made sense...-_- (Ah, well, it works with them related too, I guess...just so long as SOMEONE lets them know before things get awkward...)
Although I don't remember, I think I spoiled it for myself that Apollo was related to Trucy...(not how, just that they were related), so I wasn't rooting too much for it...

Still, it kinda sucks... :edgeworth:

Scientifically Magical Detective O_o

I spoiled myself from the very beginning, so not long after I discovered AJ I had read the truth xD But not I wasn't going to ship them anyway.

Feather Black wrote:
I didn't, and I don't support now. Because it will be like Phoenix X Maya. Even the brother/sister relationship sounds plausible. By the way, did you notice that the difference of Apollo/Trucy and Phoenix/Maya was the same ? (just seven years)
The big problem is that Maya is 18 or more, at least up to some point in the plot. But Apollo x Trucy is pedo.

Well, nobody at internet cares about pedophilia anymore, so it had to be expected.

Agent 54c wrote:
I did.

I then found out.

And I still fucking do. Image

meh too XD

*insert title here*

Quote:
Well, nobody at internet cares about pedophilia anymore, so it had to be expected.
So true.. incest? No big deal either. :eh?:
icon by: iconglomerate @ LJ

spr fckn srs peepz

No.

I tend to not ship characters I like with characters I dislike (or, in this case, fucking hate)
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Flamenco?

I don't ship them either.
Actually, I ship Apollo with either Ema or Klavier... oh, or Kristoph... XD'
Hmh I don't like het incest, so for me, it's more a relationship between brother and sister.

Wrestler Hatman wrote:
I tend to not ship characters I like with characters I dislike (or, in this case, fucking hate)

Now I'm curious. Which one of them do you dislike? :jake:

Mr. Ygrrjfjdosowhatever

I was skeptical of Raiden Apollo x Trucy. Then they turned out to be siblings. Uh, well, yeah, that pretty much ruined that pairing.

Now I find it more appropriate to ship a less incestuous more canonical pairing: RaidenxRose Apollo x Vera.

No Waaaay ~

At first I thought it was kinda cute, but then I started randomly thinking... Their going to be siblings, I just know it. I just kinda like them more as just friends. XD

Sure enough I was right, but besides that, I always thought Wocky and Trucy were kinda cute. The way he calls her shorty and stuff. I know shes like.. 15... and hes 18... but maybe when she grows up a little? :meekins:

Ugh. Lawyers.

Roflmaosaur wrote:
In Japan, the age of consent is 13-16.

thats pretty awesome, by the way XDD
Courtroom Romance Afficianado || Talk to me about your fav rarepairs
Apollo Justice Deserves Better
Next Turnabout Boston meetup ---> n/a
Next Cons for 2016:
NYCC
AAC
Katsucon [??]
Anime Boston

spr fckn srs peepz

FuumaRyuuji wrote:
Now I'm curious. Which one of them do you dislike? :jake:

Trucy.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

How foolish

Yup, I shipped them.
They just seem kinda cute together and I like to ship Nick and Polly with their assistants ^_^
Well in fact I still ship them! I don't really care whether they are siblings or not, when they love each other they love each other! But I'd prefer it, when they would adopt a kid. The risc of becoming a baby with disabilities is too big.
Made by Vicki <3

~Formerly Phantom Dream

i ship trucy with machi. i dunno why. i think its cute and there only a yr apart. :minuki: SUX! i hate trucy and polly! and feenie now that hes a drunken hobo. I mean, 'grape juice'? in a glass bottle? troubled, badgeless feenie? i HATED APOLLO JUSTICE!!!! :grey: :chinami: :igarashi: :edgeworth: :zenitora:
Sad to say, I've left C-R. I may still occasionally come on, but, y'know...
I just lost interest, but, this is still an awesome site.
I'll live on through my sprites, I hope. And my major contributions to the Max fanclub. ^_^
Bye ;_; ^_^

Sparkling Jewel

FURUBA_whoo_daphne wrote:
i ship trucy with machi. i dunno why. i think its cute and there only a yr apart. :minuki: SUX! i hate trucy and polly! and feenie now that hes a drunken hobo. I mean, 'grape juice'? in a glass bottle? troubled, badgeless feenie? i HATED APOLLO JUSTICE!!!! :grey: :chinami: :igarashi: :edgeworth: :zenitora:

I was honestly thinking that it WAS grape juice, y'know, due to one of Apollo's comments (assuming Apollo didn't drink underage, of course. XD) Then I found official art with Phoenix drunk. At least twice. Yeah, it's alcohol. XD But at least he never shows up drunk...

Anyways, my shippings don't really count as shippings in the real sense of the word...I do think 'Polly' and Trucy make a great pair, just not as a romantic one. ^^ I never did get the basis for shipping Apollo and Vera...why?

Amethyst wrote:

I was honestly thinking that it WAS grape juice, y'know, due to one of Apollo's comments (assuming Apollo didn't drink underage, of course. XD) Then I found official art with Phoenix drunk. At least twice. Yeah, it's alcohol. XD But at least he never shows up drunk...
I never did get the basis for shipping Apollo and Vera...why?

He's not allowed to drink it at the hospital and it has to be smuggled in in other bottles. That's a bit odd for grape juice. The 'grape juice' obvious has interesting properties, at least. Maybe it accounts for the sprites people label 'stoned'.

I don't get Apollo/Vera either. I think it's because there's no other female he associates with [except Trucy], and people are desperate to ship him with someone. Also, they like Vera or something? Perhaps self-insertion also goes on.

[And if FURUBA_whoo_daphne is actually some kind of troll parodying a certain kind of person, um, I can't stop laughing. Really. So damn amusing]
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

icer wrote:
Amethyst wrote:

I never did get the basis for shipping Apollo and Vera...why?

He's not allowed to drink it at the hospital and it has to be smuggled in in other bottles. That's a bit odd for grape juice. The 'grape juice' obvious has interesting properties, at least. Maybe it accounts for the sprites people label 'stoned'.

I don't get Apollo/Vera either. I think it's because there's no other female he associates with [except Trucy], and people are desperate to ship him with someone. Also, they like Vera or something? Perhaps self-insertion also goes on.

[And if FURUBA_whoo_daphne is actually some kind of troll parodying a certain kind of person, um, I can't stop laughing. Really. So damn amusing]

Well think of it like this: Wine is made from grapes. That'd make it a clever way to hide the fact, yet show it.
As long as it's not that Mad Dog shit.

Bah, that's the most stupid thing ever: two people fall in love, then it turns out they are siblings and they drop each other fast enough to leave friction burns. Suddenly those feelings are magically of the brother/sister variety, and it's even worse if 'something always felt wrong about this'. Sometimes this even happens to characters who are only siblings through adoption. Seriously, what the hell!? :lotta-angry:

I already hated this trope back when I first encountered it in an old Wolfgang Hohlbein book, and I don't find it any more endearing now. Personally, if this sort of revelation happens to a pair of characters and they are already in love, I think they should just ignore it, and probably adopt later on if they decide to have kids.

Trucy and Apollo aren't canonically in love, so this doesn't really apply, but I think fans who like them together shouldn't let themselves be discouraged by this. I agree that the age difference is probably the bigger issue, but give that a few years and it doesn't matter so much more either, just like Phoenix and Maya.

Quizer

Ultra Course - A Phoenix/Maya fanfiction by Quizer
Quizer's fanfiction thread - Last update: Inconclusive Evidence Part 1/3 (Jan 07, 2008)

Sig and Avie created by awesome Vicki!!

icer wrote:

Hm... Let me go find Croik's comment about the grape juice issue. I think she said that the writers did intend it to be just actual grape juice; they always figured he was a bit of a drunk, sure, but they wanted to tone that down when he had Trucy around. If you want it in writing, I'm going to have to go find the post.

There isn't much evidence for Apollo/Vera, true, but we think the pairing is cute and also the way Apollo seems to care for her. He gets pretty protective over her at the end. And we thought it was sweet, so we started pairing them.

Spoiler: Slight Evidence
Apollo:
Vera!!! I'm so glad,
I...

Trucy:
Don't cry, Apollo!
~~~~~
Trucy:
I knew you'd pull through,
Vera!

Trucy:
I mean, that's what Apollo
was fighting for the whole
time!

Trucy:
Your future!

Vera:
I won't forget it. Here,
let me thank you!
~~~~

I mean, obviously nothing concrete. I'm not saying "OMGzorz! Itz totallllly CANON!!" but it works, you know? And it's cute :edgy: Plus, if those who ship Wocky/Vera can make it work, why can't Apollo/Vera? XD
NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles
Daughter of Xero and Mystic Mina. Sister of Lana & Ulala

Abrakadabra

I didn't ship them before I knew. Seeing as I read about it online them being related was one of the first things I learned about them. However it would be funny (in a sadistic way) if they started to develop feelings for each other and then Nick tells them they're siblings.

Mr. Ygrrjfjdosowhatever

Caelestis, I think you underestimate the canonicality (which probably isn't a word) of Apollo x Vera. Many of their interactions, in fact, especially their initial ones, led me to quickly determine that they were a canon pairing. There is quite a bit more evidence in support of this theory than you may have considered. In other words, "OMGzorz! Itz totallllly CANON!!"

YggdrasilsSword wrote:
Caelestis, I think you underestimate the canonicality (which probably isn't a word) of Apollo x Vera. Many of their interactions, in fact, especially their initial ones, led me to quickly determine that they were a canon pairing. There is quite a bit more evidence in support of this theory than you may have considered. In other words, "OMGzorz! Itz totallllly CANON!!"
Don't mock us so cruelly. :sadshoe: Also, no, I'm afraid canonicality is not a word, but it totally should be.

Incidentally, I do think Apollo/Vera is interesting. I think there was a bit of chemistry at the end there. But let's not get carried away by a pairing debate... this thread is about Apolly/Trucy and moronic incest reveals.

Quizer

Ultra Course - A Phoenix/Maya fanfiction by Quizer
Quizer's fanfiction thread - Last update: Inconclusive Evidence Part 1/3 (Jan 07, 2008)

Apollo Love :3

Shiki Misaki wrote:
I kinda ship it more now I know. I'm sick, but I think it would be awesome if Trucy told Nick she was pregnant, and Nick asked who the father is and it's Polly and then Nick explodes. Also I think they're really hot together. I kinda have a thing for age differences. (I really like Pearl x Gumshoe. To an unnatural degree.)

I like Apollo/Trucy still. I know its wrong but they are only half brother and sister. So I say its not AS bad. XD :odoroki: :minuki:

Pearls and Gumshoe are cute!!! Agreed!! :pearl: :sadshoe:

justice is always wright ;)

to the guys who keep mentioning age diffrence,please look at wright x maya and gumshoe x maggey.

back to the pairing at hand,seeing as how i am a sucker for main charectars and canon pairings,I greatly shipped Trucy x Apollo,and got hit by a magical truck the moment the fact they were siblings was revealed :beef:

now i ship apollo x ema,but now that i read this topic,apollo x vera can also work,I have also been a sucker for potential to be canon shippings.

as for trucy x machi .......................I see nothing wrong with it since they aren't blood related or direct brother/sister, i find it as ok as edgeworth x franziska,however i am surprized trucy x klavier hadn't been mentioned yet :eh?:

FINE

Yes, it was arround case 2, I was like "this actually makes a cute pairing" and that was rare because I only ship yurimost of the time
But yeah, i don't care, i still ship em

'Sup?

Phoenix_Justice wrote:
as for trucy x machi .......................I see nothing wrong with it since they aren't blood related or direct brother/sister, i find it as ok as edgeworth x franziska,however i am surprized trucy x klavier hadn't been mentioned yet :eh?:

Deleted my post~
Image Image

Last edited by LawfulMagician on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pal!

I didn't so much ship them, because of Trucy's age. I figured that she had been introduced as a cross between Maya and Pearl. (Mind you, I never shipped Phoenix n' Maya either)

I did like the revelation at the end, though. I'll admit it; I didn't even guess, and I suppose I should've, what with them having the same power. Now I'm interested to think where they could take a sibling relationship in later games.

The cape is self-fluttering

Didn't ship 'em. Didn't feel it. Trucy's age might have had something to do with it, but I just didn't get that romantic vibe from them at all.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Agent 54c wrote:
I did.

I then found out.

And I still fucking do. Image

Amen! :butzthumbs:

I definitely don't support incest, but in this case, I just willfully deny reality. They're totally not related! Why? Because they're just not! :gant:

Seriously, that pairing is two cute for a little thing like a canon relationship to get in the way.

Totally not my sig...

Call me Ishmael.

Well, I didn't exactly ship it but yeah, their interactions were cute (if a bit one-sided) so I thought they would be good for each other.

And then I found out. And then I felt kinda guilty.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

DOOF

Nah, not really.

I really didn't care about shipping in general in AJ.

The Law

I didn't ship them either because I jumped on the Apollo/Klavier bandwagon immediately in the second case then near the end of the forth case I got split between Apollo/Klavier & Apollo/Vera. The same thing happened in the Phoenix Wright arc. I got split between Phoenix/Edgeworth & Phoenix/Iris. I shipped Phoenix/Franziska for a while then that sunk and I shipped her with Larry and her with Adrian Andrews.

No, I usually don't ship until after I finished the game, and I rarely ship in general. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that they are half-siblings.

I've played this game so many times that I get a happy feeling knowing that they are siblings and I just love their interactions. I am a sucker for sibling relationships and Apollo and Trucy are no exceptions. I don't really mind people shipping them together, I just like them as siblings only.
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.

c:

Nope, but I did afterward :godot:

No, I'm totally kidding. I don't really have any AJ ships. I sort of like Apollo/Vera, but it's not really anything major to me. Apollo/Trucy never really interested me, so when I found out I was surprised, but I didn't have to go through the horror (or happiness, if you like that kind of stuff...) of finding out I was shipping two siblings. If I HAD shipped it, I would've given up on it because I can't ship incest. I just can't.

Wannabe Ace Attorney

Nope, I'm more of an Apollo/Vera 'shipper myself.

Besides, I was warned, so I quickly found reasons why I should NOT 'ship Trucy and Apollo. Even without said warning, I wouldn't have. ^^;;;

Am I Wright. Yea I'm Wright

I didn't ship Apollo and Trucy, just because of their age differences

I shipped Klavier and Trucy though before knowing Klavier's age

The Midnight Lurker

Talk about necroposting... But no one seems to mind, so I'll join in too. I thought they were perfect together and it seemed even canon through most of the game, but when I found out... It was a bit weird. I didn't freak out like most people, because I just saw them as slightly crushing on eachother throughout the whole thing, and that fact would just make it awkward for them, not really "OH MY GAWD, WE'RE RELATED, HELL NAW." I think it would be pretty entertaining if they figured out they were siblings and they kind of avoided eachother in the next AJ game because of the tension between them. It would be a great plot device. And then Trucy gets kidnapped. By DeKiller. And Apollo runs across a burning bridge. *shot*

In short: I shipped it, figured out they were siblings, found it a bit odd, but still think it's somewhat canon. AT MOST it's just a little in-family crush that will never grow into anything more or even be admitted because it's just that...strange. And Phoenix would probably hit Apollo over the head with a grape juice bottle if he ever found out.

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

ChocolateXCheese wrote:
I think it would be pretty entertaining if they figured out they were siblings and they kind of avoided each other in the next AJ game because of the tension between them. It would be a great plot device. And then Trucy gets kidnapped. By DeKiller. And Apollo runs across a burning bridge. *shot*

I like the way your mind is working... :wellington:

And yet, you cannot have both cute, adorable Trucy and adorably angsty Trucy at the same time. There are certainly plenty of people who would go for it, though. (See here.)

In any case, definitely, let's bring back De Killer and the burning bridge o' doom! :gant:

Only thing is, even if the Phoenix can survive such a fall, can the same be said for Justice... :hoboleft:

Apart from that, the inevitable ending of them not getting together would just kill me. (Capcom wouldn't even pair up two obvious lovers characters who weren't related... :kissy:)

Totally not my sig...
Page 2 of 3 [ 117 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)