SuperAj3's Sprites!
-
FenrirDarkWolf
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 805
- Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am
- Custom Title: Otter
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!
Oh, I like.
However, do you think you can clean up the outlines on the poster and the window? They look a bit messy.
However, do you think you can clean up the outlines on the poster and the window? They look a bit messy.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!
Ok! I'll do that next!BuddyFaith wrote:Oh, I like.
However, do you think you can clean up the outlines on the poster and the window? They look a bit messy.
-
P.B. Crudstache
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 419
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:37 pm
- Custom Title: Too bad. Waluigi Time.
- Location: 667 Dark Avenue
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!
These are some solid edits you got there. The Winston Wright is pretty funny, too.
Off topic: That av is Mother 3 related, no? Glad to see another fan of the series here.
Off topic: That av is Mother 3 related, no? Glad to see another fan of the series here.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!
Yes it is! I tried spriting myself as an overworld character.Detective Luke Atmey wrote:These are some solid edits you got there. The Winston Wright is pretty funny, too.
Off topic: That av is Mother 3 related, no? Glad to see another fan of the series here.
-
JoekerTrack
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:45 pm
- Custom Title: The world ends with you
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!
Do you do requests? Can you draw an original sprite? (At least on the old ones?)
Eram quod es, eris quod sum
Veronica Stark: Ace Attorney - Burden of Proof
Veronica Stark: Ace Attorney - Burden of Proof
-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!
Something looks off for me. I think you could work on the shadows of bench and Charley, maybe? And window looks somehow out of place... Other than that, it's perfect! :DSuperAj3 wrote:How's this version of his office?
BEFORE: ------------------------------- AFTER:
![]()
EDIT: I will fix that outline around the pot soon.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!
An un-named male OC WIP:
This is my first OC i've ever made, so I'm going to try my best to replicate the AA style as closely as I can.
Spoiler:
-
FenrirDarkWolf
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 805
- Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am
- Custom Title: Otter
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!
That body...
Is too small for that head. His shoulders should be wider to become proportionate with the head.
Is too small for that head. His shoulders should be wider to become proportionate with the head.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!
Haha, I noticed that. I tried to widen it a little, and I'll probably extend it a little more.BuddyFaith wrote:That body...
Is too small for that head. His shoulders should be wider to become proportionate with the head.

-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: Great Revival!
Sorry for not replying to this any earlier, at the moment I'm not doing requests I'm afraid. Sorry.JoekerTrack wrote:Do you do requests? Can you draw an original sprite? (At least on the old ones?)
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!
Sorry for 3 posts in a row, but more sprites!
This is an Older Pearls I made to help 256Pi

I used Matt Engarde's hair, Pearl's necklace, and Mia's eyes and the rest is all hand sprited!
And my OC animated!

This is an Older Pearls I made to help 256Pi

I used Matt Engarde's hair, Pearl's necklace, and Mia's eyes and the rest is all hand sprited!
And my OC animated!

-
FenrirDarkWolf
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 805
- Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am
- Custom Title: Otter
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!
I gotta admit, that's a pretty sweet looking Pearl. Though, she doesn't seem to have sclera....
On the OC, it's looking nice, but, perhaps you can raise the shoulders some, he looks like he's slumping over.
On the OC, it's looking nice, but, perhaps you can raise the shoulders some, he looks like he's slumping over.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!
Pearl: EDIT: I tried making it lighter but it made no difference, so I'm leaving it as is!BuddyFaith wrote:I gotta admit, that's a pretty sweet looking Pearl. Though, she doesn't seem to have sclera....
On the OC, it's looking nice, but, perhaps you can raise the shoulders some, he looks like he's slumping over.
OC: Thanks for the tip! I'll fix it a little later
- pokemonmercury
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 85
- Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:16 pm
- Custom Title: Sarcastic Prosecutor
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!
Nice GK Penny Sprite...
Though she already is in GK2... :garyuu:
Though she already is in GK2... :garyuu:
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!
Yeah, I made them a year before GK2 was announced XDpokemonmercury wrote:Nice GK Penny Sprite...
Though she already is in GK2... :garyuu:
-
~Dataman~
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 77
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:05 pm
- Custom Title: One hyperactive finn.
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!
Wow, that's great! 
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: New OC created!
Thanks! I've made some DD smileys!

Athena, Simon, Bobby

Athena, Simon, Bobby
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
-
Glacius
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 89
- Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:36 am
- Custom Title: The Minecraft Attorney
- Location: Playing Something Random
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: DD Smileys!
How do I use the smileys and the Simon smiley is broken. :yuusaku:
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: DD Smileys!
Ah! I'll fix up the Simon one!Glacius wrote:How do I use the smileys and the Simon smiley is broken. :yuusaku:
To use each one, you'll have to treat them as images and use the

You'll need:
Code: Select all
[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/JinSmiley2_zps162b60ea.png[/img]
, copy this:
Code: Select all
[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/AthenaSmiley_zps13e6181e.gif[/img]
:
Code: Select all
[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/Bansmiley_zpsa83ca992.gif[/img]-
Rajin
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 149
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm
- Custom Title: Apologize!!!
- Location: Echo Isles, Durotar
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: DD Smileys!
I like Simon's smily. :D Can I request for next ones? How about Bobby with his mouth wide-open and Juniper cough-ing?
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: DD Smileys!
Ok, when I get time, I'll try them! (I was thinking of making a Juniper one, but I'll try animating her coughing!)Rajin wrote:I like Simon's smily. :D Can I request for next ones? How about Bobby with his mouth wide-open and Juniper cough-ing?
EDIT: For any future requests from anyone, I haven't played Dual Destinies, so I won't be able to make every character (As I don't know how they look!) Also, at the moment, no spoiler animation requests please.
-
Glacius
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 89
- Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:36 am
- Custom Title: The Minecraft Attorney
- Location: Playing Something Random
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: DD Smileys!
Thanks! Amazing work with your sprites!SuperAj3 wrote:Ah! I'll fix up the Simon one!Glacius wrote:How do I use the smileys and the Simon smiley is broken. :yuusaku:
To use each one, you'll have to treat them as images and use the
You'll need:For AthenaCode: Select all
[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/JinSmiley2_zps162b60ea.png[/img], copy this:
For BobbyCode: Select all
[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/AthenaSmiley_zps13e6181e.gif[/img]:
[/spoiler](I'll add all of these to the first post as well!)Code: Select all
[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/Bansmiley_zpsa83ca992.gif[/img]
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: DD Smileys!
@Rajin: I couldn't find any images of Bobby with his mouth wide open, so I couldn't make that one, but here's Juniper:
Code: Select all
[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/Keho2_zpsafaa30bf.gif[/img]-
Rajin
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 149
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm
- Custom Title: Apologize!!!
- Location: Echo Isles, Durotar
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: 30/7/13 UPDATE!
hmm.. Well I got source here.
Anyway,,, that Juniper is so good! That's one very cute smily. I'll use it when I have a sore throat. 
Spoiler:

-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: 30/7/13 UPDATE!
Ah! Thanks! (I didn't think to check English screenshots!)Rajin wrote:hmm.. Well I got source here.Anyway,,, that Juniper is so good! That's one very cute smily. I'll use it when I have a sore throat.Spoiler:
I do have a bit of a cough at the moment, it's annoying...

-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites: 30/7/13 UPDATE!
Taka Smiley!
I'm watching you! 
Code: Select all
[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/TakaSmiley_zps19771a44.png?t=1376911525[/img]
-
Rajin
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 149
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm
- Custom Title: Apologize!!!
- Location: Echo Isles, Durotar
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
I will re-do Bobby as requested with a salute, and an open mouth!Rajin wrote:That's hawkeye for you. ⊙◇⊙ Nice smiley! What will you do next?
Then I may start with Case 1, like Tonate?
Spoiler: GS5-1 spoiler
-
Rajin
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 149
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm
- Custom Title: Apologize!!!
- Location: Echo Isles, Durotar
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
I can't wait for Bobby's new smileys! Speaking of Ted... Non-spoiler animations would be typing his machine-stuff, right? :sawit:
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
That's right! Or have his visor eyes extend and retract?Rajin wrote:I can't wait for Bobby's new smileys! Speaking of Ted... Non-spoiler animations would be typing his machine-stuff, right? :sawit:
EDIT: Bobby Saluting!
Code: Select all
[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/Ban-salute_zps5df6798c.gif[/img]
-
Rajin
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 149
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm
- Custom Title: Apologize!!!
- Location: Echo Isles, Durotar
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Yes, the visors! We can use him when we want to magnify something on screen.
That Bobby... I don't know Japanese but I'm sure he's saying 'Justice'! He'll be used when we feel something justice!

Just this!!
That Bobby... I don't know Japanese but I'm sure he's saying 'Justice'! He'll be used when we feel something justice!

Just this!!
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
He's saying "JUSTICE!" Like in the games lolRajin wrote:Yes, the visors! We can use him when we want to magnify something on screen.
That Bobby... I don't know Japanese but I'm sure he's saying 'Justice'! He'll be used when we feel something justice!
Just this!!
EDIT: It took me an hour and a half, but here's Ted Tonate! (He's been one of my favourite Dual Destinies characters right from the beginning!)
Gotta keep my eye out!
Code: Select all
[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo215/ajlm33/Tonate2_zps0a3c3584.gif[/img]-
Voodoo Lady
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 am
- Custom Title: Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy
- Location: USA
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Much as I love him, shouldn't his helmet be rotating with his face?
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
It should, and to me it looked like as the mouth and the bottom of the helmet (around his chin) moved slightly, it looks like everything's shifting, I'll try later of and make his helmet move, I just don't know how to! ^^'Voodoo Lady wrote:Much as I love him, shouldn't his helmet be rotating with his face?
-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
-
Rajin
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 149
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm
- Custom Title: Apologize!!!
- Location: Echo Isles, Durotar
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
You was probably saying "AA sprites".. if those smileys are not sprites.. what are they? :yuusaku:Sligneris wrote:These are not really "sprites" anymore, right? :P
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
They're still sprites, only not AA human style characters at the moment, I've had a lot of ideas for OC characters, and I'm trying to work out a method of converting digital drawings to sprites (Like they've done in the actual AA games).Sligneris wrote:These are not really "sprites" anymore, right? :P
I can scale them down, and make them look like sprites, but each frame has it's slightly different colours, so they flash.
-
Percei
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1607
- Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:47 pm
- Custom Title: My name is Judge.
- Location: Just Outside Your Peripherals
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Use color palettes in PS or GIMP, that way you can get the same colors across every sprite.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Here's my first attempt at converting a drawing to a sprite:
I drew the head and neck as an image, and re-sized it and then sprited a body quickly to make it look more full.
As usual, Photoshop froze on me as it was saving the file, and I was smart enough to take a screenshot of it before the program 'unexpectedly quit'. (Hence the background still there)

The anatomy is not there, I know, but it is a test. I was inspired when I saw this (These are the BEST fan sprites in the world!):
I drew the head and neck as an image, and re-sized it and then sprited a body quickly to make it look more full.
As usual, Photoshop froze on me as it was saving the file, and I was smart enough to take a screenshot of it before the program 'unexpectedly quit'. (Hence the background still there)

The anatomy is not there, I know, but it is a test. I was inspired when I saw this (These are the BEST fan sprites in the world!):
Spoiler: NSBT's Sprites






