Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 4 of 6[ 204 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: Scariest/Most Suspensful Part *spoilers*Topic%20Title

I blame my imagination for that:

Spoiler: GS3
When Dahlia raged inside Maya's body. With her strong grudge I really thought she would try to kill Maya a few seconds before the exorcism like bite her tongue off, strangle herself or run out of the courtroom to find an object to kill herself with or something, but then I remember this was Ace Attorney so the tongue idea wouldn't be plausible. I still thought she was going to do something than simply get out of her body...

As for the suspense scenes was:

Spoiler: GK1
The revelation of the true Yatagarasu. Yew pointing the gun at Kay then Badd coming out of nowhere with his gun aimed at Yew, both waiting for the right timing to make a move. This became my favorite moment of the series ever since.

The Proto Badger was one of them to, I really wanted to yell at Edgeworth for not turning around and just standing there.

Keep Calm, Drink Coffee

Spoiler:
When I was playing the last turnabout of T&T.. I was like sobbing and getting all violent... Because...I can't accept the fact and can't believe that Godot killed --------

Spoiler: Spoiler
When Phoenix drank that cup of coffee served by Viola in Furio Tigre's office. When this happened, I was like "THIS IS HOW YOU DIE, NICK". And I was really relieved when it actually turned out to be alright.

Image ImageImage

Do that and I'll throw grape juice at u

Firelight Cascade wrote:
Spoiler: Bridge to the Turnabout case
Ok, here's my scenario. I was playing Trials and Tribulations in the middle of the night with my headphones in my DS, the volume up to full. Then I played the part where Dahlia's soul rose out from Maya's body. I almost shat my pants.... O____o;

Same thing happened to me but it was like 6am cuz i didn't want to put my ds down..although i think i was wearing headphones :yogi:
:gant: Evil people eat Oreos :gant:
Please donate if you can @ http://www.youcaring.com/epichugger

[Whip the cream!]

1-4
Spoiler:
I must confess the entire case felt rather unsettling to me for some reason, and it was very suspenseful when I realized how things were connected. I got pretty disturbed by von Karma's breakdown!
...and to imagine that scream of his, that haunted Edgeworth's dreams! Hehe!

2-4
Spoiler:
A very suspenseful and stressful case! When Matt revealed his true colours... and the prolonging of the trial, and Matt's breakdown - and the fact that he very much preferred to have a guilty verdict along with a death sentence before having de Killer going after him, that he so very desperately wanted the guilty verdict. What a nice man de Killer must be!
And the guilty/not guilty-verdict overall, to chose, damn, that was stressful!

3-4
Spoiler:
The suicide of Fawles! When the blood started pouring from his mouth... Brr.

3-5
Spoiler:
Many things struck me as rather unsettling! Such as all the new locks, hm.

Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Last edited by WaitingforGodot on Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Sister White wrote:
Hmmm, some parts caught me by surprise, actually.

Spoiler:
In general: When I play at night and it's quiet, presenting the Magatama to someone with Psyche-locks gave me the creeps, especially when the background changes colour.

1-2: When Redd White turned Phoenix into the "murderer", I was like...ohhh damn how am I supposed to get out of this one?

1-4: Opening scene showing Edgeworth with the gun. I was like...whaaaaaa? It was quite suspenseful and I couldn't wait to see what was going on.

2-4: When Maya got kidnapped. When she was called to receive a call, I was already suspicious but didn't expect her to be kidnapped altogether.

3-3: Viola scared me a bit when she randomly appeared in the restaurant. It was just freaky O_o

3-5: Pretty much everything here was either somewhat scary or suspenseful. There were so many unanswered questions that were waiting to be answered and weren't until the end of the case.

All this minus the fact that I figured out too many revelations in 3-5 ahead of time and I ended up not enjoying the latter part of the case at all :(

Oh, and in 4-4, just about everything about Drew Studio, or visiting Kristoph in solitary confinement (especially because that awesome dark track started playing)
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Pixel Artist

The scariest by far was that 'incident' with Terry. Everything about that guy broke my heart. When he started coughing blood though.. :uramidn:
Most suspensful part would be with Misty. I never expected to actually meet the master of Kurain. :udgy: That was short-lived though. DD:
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

1000% Knight

Scariest part is the intro to I-3. Hands down.

Well...

Spoiler: 5-3
Ichiro's smile is a close second.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

"Don't forget DL-6! *squawk*"

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

Nuy wrote:
in 2-2
Spoiler:
when I saw the picture with Maya covered with blood, I was about to put down the game and never play again. It creeped me out so much! Even now, I cant bring myself to replay that case. [the picture that Lotta took with Ini's face showing]

This. But I was scared when I saw the real thing, not the picture. I turned off the game and never played JFA again until I finished T&T and AJ. I also find really creepy everything about Joe Darke. But for me, the scariest moment in the entire series is in Dual Destinies...

Spoiler: Case 5? Spoilers
That picture of Athena covered in blood and smiling... Every time I see it I scream in fear. I'm too scared to even buy the game :larry:

I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

Pixel Artist

Spoiler: Case 5? Spoilers
SweetieBot wrote:
That picture of Athena covered in blood and smiling... Every time I see it I scream in fear. I'm too scared to even buy the game :larry:

Just came across that one three to four days ago in tumblr. DD: At first I thought it was some yandere fanart ( example ) but when I found out it was official.. :beef: I swear the hairs on my head started standing. I'm going to thread carefully on that case. ; n ;

( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Ultimate Survivor

Spoiler: 1-5
Sneaking in to investigate Gant's office before the final trial. Eeeek.

Spoiler: 2-4
Many parts of this case had me on edge, but cross-examining DeKiller was the most nerve-wracking part for me. It seemed like I was pushing on by the skin of my teeth with each contradiction.

Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Many parts of this case had me on edge, but cross-examining DeKiller was the most nerve-wracking part for me. It seemed like I was pushing on by the skin of my teeth with each contradiction.
[/quote]

Yeah same here. It was especially tense when he starts figuring out what Phoenix is doing, and he just starts saying "...Mr. Attorney. It seems off to me that you are asking me all these questions considering my testimony has been purely beneficial to your client...". Occasionally they were both tense and humorous too, though, as when the Judge got mad at De Killer and he just said "Excuse me, to the gentleman who was just talking to me: Would you care to die?"

Pretty much every "final" boss in the games has done a pretty good job of building up suspense and being creepy. There's always that feeling of "Man, I need to get this guy NOW or it's all over!"
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Quote:
"Excuse me, to the gentleman who was just talking to me: Would you care to die?"

Really? I thought that was a pretty humorous scene.

C-A

I don't know about scariest, but the most suspenseful part of any of the games was when Maya was held hostage. I know for a fact that several people on this forum don't particularly enjoy that case very much, but it is one of my favorites. Things are just so tense, nerve-wracking and even AWKWARD at the same time. I seriously considered not playing things through because the dialogue was so painful to read (in a good, engaging kind of way).

Edit: Oh, scariest might be when Phoenix is snooping around in Kristoph's cell, and then he suddenly returns. Then again, I think a lot of things are scary - I can't even watch a good thriller without closing my eyes several times.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
"Excuse me, to the gentleman who was just talking to me: Would you care to die?"

Really? I thought that was a pretty humorous scene.

C-A

ADA McCoy wrote:
Occasionally they were both tense and humorous too

Sorry, because of the way I phrased it it sounded like I put emphasis on the tense, but actually that scene is more humorous than tense. The situation is still tense, however, and this is a little comedic relief that's still rooted in the problem so there's still an edge of suspense to it. A little like in a horror movie you might have a shadow that looks like the monster/killer, but it's actually a toy or a desk lamp or something.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Most suspenseful:
Definitely 2-4, when
Spoiler:
we broke into Engarde's wine cellar and realised Maya had been kept in his house all along, and the following chase of de Killer, trying to prolong the trial while waiting for Gumshoe's calls, the police arriving at de Killers hiding spots just a moment to late, and above all that damn music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa61MHaGwXI&list=PL9AE3D59EEEBD49D7) which still almost makes me panic just hearing it.

and 1-2
Spoiler:
When Phoenix arrives at the dark office, knowing something has happened, while the player is almost certain Mia's dead somewhere in there. Remember, this was the first time ever investigating an area and at first I didn't know that I could and was supposed to move to another place in the office so I just randomly examined something, Phoenix thought something along the lines of "...but I smell blood, and that can't be good!" and I, for a moment, didn't know what to do.

1-5
Spoiler:
investigating Gant's office. I think I was more nervous than Phoenix was. The only reason I dared doing it was because I knew otherwise the story wouldn't move forward. Just going through his stuff, waiting forthe guy to come and see us... gah.

The MASON part in AJ was quite suspenseful as well, moving about and putting together all the pieces. Especially
Spoiler:
visiting Kristoph in his solitary cell.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

^ I definitely agree about 2-4 and 1-2! Good thing I had someone more experienced when it came to the game than I beside me when 1-2 happened, I imagine I would have been stuck for a while otherwise.

1-2
Spoiler:
Redd White confrontation

1-4
Spoiler:
von Karma zaps you

2-4
Spoiler:
Nuff said

3-5
Spoiler:
Dahlia.

Although it's not scary as in creepy, one thing I found a bit startling was in the first case of AAI when walking to the far right and suddenly seeing Payne standing behind the embarring, with his hand moving as well:
I never thought the day would come when I was startled by Payne, considering I made it through 4-1 unharmed. The worst part is that I had already seen him in GK2-1, so it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that he appeared here as well. And my reaction to it was somewhat delayed, so upon noticing him I went "......... *gasp!*"

Better yet: Payne actually has a lower body half! D=

C-A

DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE A TITLE ;-;

Scariest/Suspensful part?I think i will choose the 3-2 part where you
Spoiler:
Make your last cross examination on luke atmey,you can't object,you can only press,you got only one chance to press and THAT FREAKING ALLEGRO MUSIC PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND THAT COMPLETES THE TENSION!! :Pizza2: !

Last edited by Gary198 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Although it's not scary as in creepy, one thing I found a bit startling was in the first case of AAI when walking to the far right and suddenly seeing Payne standing behind the embarring, with his hand moving as well:
I never thought the day would come when I was startled by Payne, considering I made it through 4-1 unharmed. The worst part is that I had already seen him in GK2-1, so it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that he appeared here as well. And my reaction to it was somewhat delayed, so upon noticing him I went "......... *gasp!*"

...I gasped too. Gasped in pain.
Merde, I hate puns. :sadshoe:
Yes, I got a little startled.

You know, it would make a great pun if his brother's name was Gaspits instead of Gaspen. But I guess the likeliness of that happening was pretty slim to begin with.

AAI-5:
Spoiler:
Even though I'd already figured out that Shih-na and Calisto were one and the same, I found it very uncanny when she burst out into laughter like that.

The Twisted Samurai

Spoiler: Dual Destinies, Case 5
Scariest part was defininitley, when we got the part, Blackquill hid for Athena's sake.
"There is something wrong with mommy. So I take her apart to fix her."
That gave me GOOSEBUMPS, damn.

"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
Scariest part was defininitley, when we got the part, Blackquill hid for Athena's sake.

The part you mention and the sentence afterwards makes no sense. Unless it somehow refers to a doll being taken apart.

C-A

The Twisted Samurai

CatMuto wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

The part you mention and the sentence afterwards makes no sense. Unless it somehow refers to a doll being taken apart.

C-A

Yeah, so?

It was said like that in the game and there is a certain context.

The scariest part?

Spoiler: Turnabout for tomorrow , very creepy scene
Was the scene with Athena covered in blood,smiling an saying she was going to fix her mother. Really,i couldn't sleep because of that.

About the most suspenseful part...

Spoiler: Almost the entire series
1-2
When redd white made you the suspect

1-5
When investigating the Gants office

2-4
The entire case

3-5
The confrontations with all the true culprits

AAI-3
The intro

AAII-5
The whole kidnapping thing

AA5-5
The when aura took trucy hostage and we needed to save both Blackquill and Athena in one day

Signature loading, please wait...

machinimator

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

...Yup. Pretty much. I think this thread can be locked now, as it has come to its conclusion with this post.
Certainly didn't help that it was in 3D when it showed her face.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

C-A

Yeah, so?

It was said like that in the game and there is a certain context.

Yeah but for anyone who does not know the scene or doesn't know exactly what you're talking about, your post made no sense in that part.

C-A

The Twisted Samurai

CatMuto wrote:

Yeah but for anyone who does not know the scene or doesn't know exactly what you're talking about, your post made no sense in that part.

C-A

Hence the spoiler-tagging, duh.

I totally forgot (2-2)
Spoiler:
when Maya and Turner were in that locked room and suddenly there's a gunshot.

And, for a diametrically different reason (AAI-5)
Spoiler:
when Larry (furthermore, in a Steel Samurai-costume) suddenly popped up from the pond...pool... whatever.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
I totally forgot (2-2)
Spoiler:
when Maya and Turner were in that locked room and suddenly there's a gunshot.

And, for a diametrically different reason (AAI-5)
Spoiler:
when Larry (furthermore, in a Steel Samurai-costume) suddenly popped up from the pond...pool... whatever.

*Whispers* When Larry fell...

I can't be the only one with this ship?

Katana wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

...Yup. Pretty much. I think this thread can be locked now, as it has come to its conclusion with this post.
Certainly didn't help that it was in 3D when it showed her face.

Spoiler:
I honestly thought that she actually did it, for a good portion of that case, freaked the crap out of me

My favorite suspense moment:

Spoiler: GS2
When Maya is kidnapped in 2-4. The situation is not original, per se, but at least in the beginning of the investigation you really don't know what is happening. The situation leaves room for many different interpretations right after it occurs and is... suspenseful.

Spoiler: 5-4
Even if we already know what happened, the announcement of the bomb in the courtroom and the whole thing ending with a black screen and Apollo going "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Spoiler: 4-4
Klavier:
Spinning out of whose control?
Mine? ...Or yours?

Kristoph:
Take a moment to consider
everything you've built.

Kristoph:
Your reputation as a
prosecutor... your fame
with the masses.

Kristoph:
You could lose it all,
Klavier.

Pretty much all of that trial, and Kristoph's and Klavi's interaction in particular, makes me deepy uncomfortable but that... ugh. (Also, talk about projecting; the only one who has it all to lose in that situation is Kristoph himself)

Phoenix:
I... I'll get you for this!

Engarde:
That's such a cliché phrase.

Engarde:
Juan said something just
like that, if memory serves.

Engarde:
Of course... Well, we all
know how well things turned
out for him, don't we?

Engarde:
Good night, Mister Lawyer.

With that creepy music and the overall atmosphere in that scene, "Good night, Mister Lawyer" is in my opinion the creepiest line of dialogue in the games.

[Whip the cream!]

Amen. Just... amen. Those parts really got under my skin.

Spoiler: 4-4
As well as the aftermath of Kristoph's breakdown. When we got to know about his reaction to the verdict, the insane, lingering laughter. Much of it is thanks to the atmosphere, how it's told, the background music - I have to say, I find it quite chilling.

Case 1-4 gave me the chills plenty of times, but I can't really pinpoint an exact moment, the atmosphere is just...

Spoiler: 1-4
One thing that comes to mind, though is Manfred's breakdown. It's so chaotic, the flashing images, the screaming... hmm.

Spoiler: 2-2 and 3-5
Two things concerning Maya; in 2-2, the photo of "Maya" with a completely blank expression and bloody clothes. 3-5: The flashing image of Maya, looking all shell shocked.

Last edited by WaitingforGodot on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Spoiler: 3-5
3-5: The flashing image of Maya, looking all shell shocked.

But that was just too much. That was too scary :beef:
Page 4 of 6 [ 204 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby