Last visit was:
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Official Nintendo Magazine: Cing - The Final Chapter
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:06 am 
Moderators
Moderators

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif
Custom Title: They don't :c
This is one sad read.

Someone rescue those IPs and team :c

I miss you every day, Cing.

Post subject: Re: Official Nintendo Magazine: Cing - The Final Chapter
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:04 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: "I'm so sick of Khura'in!"
I just really wish they'd have been able to make at least one last Kyle Hyde game. I know Nile was a big crime syndicate but it would be so interesting to close the book on their involvement.

It really is sad CING is no longer a part of gaming because I loved Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk so much.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:54 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: 世界中
I'm so mad they didn't include this interview (along with the Shu Takumi interview) in the Australian version of the magazine...
I really wish we could see them make a comeback one day :acro:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:03 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Gah it's exceedingly tragic, especially when you hear that the plot emulates Cing's own financial worries. :sadshoe: RIP Cing hope your devs find something worth their talent.

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:11 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds
I hope some company who can do a good job can someday make one last Kyle Hyde game. Probably will never happen, but it would be nice.

I'd love to see a third game take place when Kyle Hyde is like 50 or 60, and he gets wrapped up in the Nile mystery again one last time. But it will only exist in my imagination, sadly. :sadshoe:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:32 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
ADA McCoy wrote:
I hope some company who can do a good job can someday make one last Kyle Hyde game. Probably will never happen, but it would be nice.

I'd love to see a third game take place when Kyle Hyde is like 50 or 60, and he gets wrapped up in the Nile mystery again one last time. But it will only exist in my imagination, sadly. :sadshoe:

And he finally meets 50 or 60 year old Bradley at the end of it?

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:17 am 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Perpetual Prosecutor
Thought I'd pop back in here.

It's nice to see people are remembering Cing again, even if it's been already 3 years. I never played the Another Code, but the Kyle Hyde games were so beautiful.
The story was completely rooted in reality, yet it seemed to drift off sometimes and take you into otherworldly thoughts. I'm probably not making any sense here, but some things are hard to describe.

The game as a whole captured the essence of life, the moments of tension, the moments of calmness, contemplation, regret, and the human instinct to do good even if there is seemingly no logical reason to do so.

I'm eternally grateful to have played those games as a kid. They shaped my personality, my musical tastes, and most importantly they changed the way I look at the world around me.

Thank you Cing, you hold a special place in my heart.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:53 am 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Hotel Dusk and Last Window were magnificent works of gaming magic, and it makes me unbelievably sad that we won't be able to return to Kyle Hyde's crazy world. I didn't even hesitate buying Last Window from Europe when it first came out. $60 in total too- pretty pricey for a DS game, but it was well worth it. The game dragged me through its twists and turns, giving rich gameplay and a story that surprised, and didn't fail to make me cry relentlessly at the end.

I am forever grateful for what CiNG has made, (even Trace Memory! While short, still an amazing story that also made me cry like a baby) and even though it's been a while, I'm still just as sore that they had to shut down.

Quote:
- Had Cing continued developing games she admits Ashley's story would have continued: "Ashley's story continues to unfold inside me". She would have written a story starring a 19-year old Ashley that would "include an episode which Ashley was reunited with Matthew".
- May have also a crossover story between Kyle Hyde and Ashley.
- When asked if Cing survived would their worlds eventually collide: "That's right. The story of Kyle Hyde as an old man meeting Ashley would be extremely interesting I think."

sigh
this is all I want but it may never be.....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:59 am 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

Custom Title: Nice name, isn't it?
"That's right. The story of Kyle Hyde as an old man meeting Ashley would be extremely interesting I think."

This depresses me so much. Kyle and Ashley meeting would have been really cool. I honestly hope somehow, someday a new Kyle Hyde game is made. Hotel Dusk and Last Window are one of my favorite games ever and Kyle is legitimately one of my favorite protagonists in any form of fiction. I miss you, Mr. Hyde. :sadshoe: