"I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
-
Keynomaru
- Suspect

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:04 am
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
About that last case something that rather disappointed me.
Spoiler:
-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Sligneris wrote:Spoiler:
Spoiler: Black Psychelocks


-
Builderkid107
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1294
- Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:57 pm
- Custom Title: ...
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
This might not have anything to do with GS5 per se, but how do you pronounce the Japanese names?
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
With most Japanese names, remember to put emphasis on the third syllable of the name and not the second as it is done with English names. If the name has less than three syllalbes, the emphasis gets put onto the last syllable.builderkid107 wrote:This might not have anything to do with GS5 per se, but how do you pronounce the Japanese names?
Trucy is called Minuki, so you pretty much pronounce her Mii-noo-KI <- short syllable.
For Apollo, his name is a take on the term of being surprised, so I generally just pronounce him how you pronounce that. Odoroki. All said pretty fast, although I personally tend to pronounce the ki at the end to sound like Oh-doh-roh-kiii. Similar to Apollo, Phoenix' last name is Naruhodo from "I see" which is pretty much pronounced in a way like Odoroki. Na-roo-hoh-doh, also said a bit on the fast side.
Kristoph Gavin is called Kirihito, Kii-rii-hi-toh, Garyuu, a slight exception since the emphasis is GAH-ryuu (Gah-reeyuu) and in similar fashion, Klavier is called Kyouya, Kyou-yah (Keeyoh-yah) and such.
Those are pretty much the top four that I think are important for GS4...
C-A


-
Builderkid107
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1294
- Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:57 pm
- Custom Title: ...
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
GS4? I'm sure I asked in the GS5 forumsCatMuto wrote:With most Japanese names, remember to put emphasis on the third syllable of the name and not the second as it is done with English names. If the name has less than three syllalbes, the emphasis gets put onto the last syllable.builderkid107 wrote:This might not have anything to do with GS5 per se, but how do you pronounce the Japanese names?
Trucy is called Minuki, so you pretty much pronounce her Mii-noo-KI <- short syllable.
For Apollo, his name is a take on the term of being surprised, so I generally just pronounce him how you pronounce that. Odoroki. All said pretty fast, although I personally tend to pronounce the ki at the end to sound like Oh-doh-roh-kiii. Similar to Apollo, Phoenix' last name is Naruhodo from "I see" which is pretty much pronounced in a way like Odoroki. Na-roo-hoh-doh, also said a bit on the fast side.
Kristoph Gavin is called Kirihito, Kii-rii-hi-toh, Garyuu, a slight exception since the emphasis is GAH-ryuu (Gah-reeyuu) and in similar fashion, Klavier is called Kyouya, Kyou-yah (Keeyoh-yah) and such.
Those are pretty much the top four that I think are important for GS4...
C-A
Oh well, nice to know. ^_^
-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
-
mew4ever23
- Suspect

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:53 am
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
CatMuto wrote:Sligneris wrote:Spoiler:C-ASpoiler: Black Psychelocks
Spoiler: GS5 Black Psychelock explanation - case 5 spoilers
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
The realization that he was a total baby?mew4ever23 wrote:Spoiler: GS5 Black Psychelock explanation - case 5 spoilers
C-A


-
Mario222041
- Suspect

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:32 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
I want to know if there's a way to replace the backgrounds in court from PW:JFA with the ones from AJ:AA. So far I've tried using CrystalTile2 and PWSE but I keep coming to a dead end.
In CrystalTile2 I can't find any graphic files to replace (the tutorials show an example where a .carc file is decompressed). When I open a PW ROM, I can't find any .carc files. Instead I find a bunch of .bin files.
As far as PWSE goes I found out that you can only change text and that's about it.
So can anyone tell me a good PW editor for replacing backgrounds (if such an editor exists in the first place)?
In CrystalTile2 I can't find any graphic files to replace (the tutorials show an example where a .carc file is decompressed). When I open a PW ROM, I can't find any .carc files. Instead I find a bunch of .bin files.
As far as PWSE goes I found out that you can only change text and that's about it.
So can anyone tell me a good PW editor for replacing backgrounds (if such an editor exists in the first place)?
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Can't think of a way that would work, but you do know that it would result in some sprites looking really off, due to the changed nature in the courtrooms? The pre-GS4 sprites would basically be missing the lower half, what with the witness stand now being visibly open bars and not a block.
C-A
C-A


-
Jozerick
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 292
- Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:34 am
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
I've been wondering about the picture in Phoenix's locket. On the website, there's an image showing a picture of 15-years-old Trucy in the locket. The same picture was used in the intro of Dual Destinies.
But in the game, it's a picture of 8-years-old Trucy that shows up.
I've searched a little and some people have been saying that it was changed between the Japanese and the English version, but I've checked both and the 8-years-old Trucy appears in both versions...
So where does that image come from?
But in the game, it's a picture of 8-years-old Trucy that shows up.
I've searched a little and some people have been saying that it was changed between the Japanese and the English version, but I've checked both and the 8-years-old Trucy appears in both versions...
So where does that image come from?
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Maybe they first had one version, but decided to use the other version just before releasing the game?
C-A
C-A


-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
-
tiger_festival
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1706
- Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm
- Custom Title: I've felt worse.
- Location: I'm at soup.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Sligneris wrote:Spoiler: 4-1
Spoiler:

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Assumptions are enough in the AA-verse. Come on, this is a world where you get taken in as the murderer if you sneeze in semi-close proximity to the crime scene. And all the other murderers were technically convincted on circumstances or assumptions.
As for the letter, maybe... Kristoph ate... with fava beans. Or he dunked it inside the flower vase - I think there was a flower vase - and the letter got soaked and disintegrated into smaller parts of "just junk" that Kristoph threw away.
Hey, Phoenix was alone in that cell for a bit when they took Kristoph away for something, it's possible that Kristophs gets an alone moment now and then.
C-A
As for the letter, maybe... Kristoph ate... with fava beans. Or he dunked it inside the flower vase - I think there was a flower vase - and the letter got soaked and disintegrated into smaller parts of "just junk" that Kristoph threw away.
Hey, Phoenix was alone in that cell for a bit when they took Kristoph away for something, it's possible that Kristophs gets an alone moment now and then.
C-A


-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
That proved he was on the scene, not that he killed Shadi Enigmar.sumguy28 wrote:Sligneris wrote:Spoiler: 4-1Spoiler:
The only things proven, the way I see it:
Kristoph Gavin was the forth person on the crime scene. The bottles were swapped. The cards were swapped.
Now, how did we get on to his guilt again?...
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Doesn he, like, confess, too?Sligneris wrote:Now, how did we get on to his guilt again?...
C-A


-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
He does, which is exactly why I don't get it. I'd expect more from Kristoph xD
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Well, remember... he initially killed because his stupid pride was hurt. Being thrown in the face with circumstantial and assumed evidence probably made him blow a cap or so. Just proves that he was anything but properly put together to begin with.Sligneris wrote:He does, which is exactly why I don't get it. I'd expect more from Kristoph xD
C-A


-
Jozerick
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 292
- Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:34 am
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Was he really highly monitored? It wouldn't surprise me if he was able to get rid of the letter. As for the nail polish, it doesn't prove anything and it could be just a coincidence.Sligneris wrote:Spoiler: 4-4
Not sure about the recordings though. Maybe they would be considered illegal evidence or something?
Anyway, I have a question. If we assume there really wasn't evidence to incriminate Kristoph.
I was under the impression that Phoenix set up the jury system because that would be the only way to have Kristoph be found guilty of the forgery (correct me if I'm wrong).
However in the test trial for the jury system, Vera was the defendant, not Kristoph. Vera was found not guilty, but that doesn't make Kristoph guilty. Unless there was later another trial with the jury system, was Kristoph really found guilty? Was Phoenix's name really cleared? I feel like I'm missing something.
-
Going for Miles
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
- Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
- Location: Sweden
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
As far as I know, he wasn't found guilty. It was pretty obvious, but as he himself said, they didn't have any definitive evidence, and his breakdown only concerned the jurist system, so he didn't confess it then either.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
All we know is that Phoenix returned to law after Misham trial. He was quite a respected lawyer at that in DD, so his name was most likely cleared already.
The way I see it is that they achieved something - they had Kristoph as a suspect. That way, police had a reason to conduct thorough investigation, including his cell.
The way I see it is that they achieved something - they had Kristoph as a suspect. That way, police had a reason to conduct thorough investigation, including his cell.
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Pfffffiyahahahahahaha!Maybe they would be considered illegal evidence or something?
A ton of evidence in the AA games is aquired illegally or is illegal to begin with!
I doubt that would be a problem for this one case.
C-A


-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Oh, well, it is, 'cause the storyline. It happened in 1-5 too.
-
Going for Miles
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
- Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
- Location: Sweden
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Spoiler: case 3
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
-
Going for Miles
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
- Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
- Location: Sweden
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Dunno, I was the one wondering. So then... he was put unconscious and then brought there?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Probably? They need a silly reason to arrest him, anyway.GoingforMiles wrote:Dunno, I was the one wondering. So then... he was put unconscious and then brought there?
C-A


-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Reason for arresting Machi is a joke anyway, so....
-
Rubia Ryu the Royal
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6180
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
- Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
- Location: LA, Japanifornia
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
I have a question, and even if it seems silly, I'm genuinely curious. According to the official GS5 visual book, Apollo's height comes to 165 cm (~5'5"). However, in most of the art books before then, Apollo is clearly drawn to be a whole head shorter than Phoenix. If the latter is supposed to be 176 cm (~5'9"), then why does Apollo look so short? I suspect that his height given in the GS5 book includes his spikes, but in that case, it suggests they add 4 - 5 cm to his actual height. Then, that makes his actual height ~161 cm (~5'3").
This is what happens when you don't drink enough milk in your childhood.
This is what happens when you don't drink enough milk in your childhood.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
-
Going for Miles
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
- Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
- Location: Sweden
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Silly indeed. It would take an unusually stupid killer to put themselves in that position.CatMuto wrote:Probably? They need a silly reason to arrest him, anyway.GoingforMiles wrote:Dunno, I was the one wondering. So then... he was put unconscious and then brought there?
C-A
This is what happens when you don't drink enough milk in your childhood.
On topic though, I think he's usually drawn a tiny bit taller than Athena, who's 162.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
It's nice to know that, sometimes, I AM taller than other people...GoingforMiles wrote:On topic though, I think he's usually drawn a tiny bit taller than Athena, who's 162.
C-A


-
WaitingforGodot
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7320
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
- Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
- Location: Sweden
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Yes... With my Apollo-esque stature: yes.CatMuto wrote:It's nice to know that, sometimes, I AM taller than other people...GoingforMiles wrote:On topic though, I think he's usually drawn a tiny bit taller than Athena, who's 162.
C-A
(...and I liked milk as a child... It didn't save me.
Edit: I originally wrote "Good thing I like being shot now". No, I don't think I bloody do.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
-
Rubia Ryu the Royal
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6180
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
- Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
- Location: LA, Japanifornia
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Okay, fine, you guys caught me. Height is mainly determined through genetics, but several other factors, like routine exercise, diet, and physical/social environments also contribute to a person's growth.
...but both Zak and Thalassa looked like people of normal height. Not to mention, Apollo looks kinda skinny too. What does this imply? Am I just asking pointless questions again?
...but both Zak and Thalassa looked like people of normal height. Not to mention, Apollo looks kinda skinny too. What does this imply? Am I just asking pointless questions again?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
I wouldn't say genetics automatically means your height. I mean, I come from a family where my mother is 171 cms, my father is like 190cm (over 6 feet) and my brother is the same height. I'm stuck at 165 cms.
But if it's genetics, maybe Apollo takes after his father, who was shorter than Thalassa.
C-A
But if it's genetics, maybe Apollo takes after his father, who was shorter than Thalassa.
C-A


-
Rubia Ryu the Royal
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6180
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
- Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
- Location: LA, Japanifornia
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
What genetics contribute to a person's growth is what the expected range of heights is going to be; it doesn't mean that it'd always be some average or medium number between your mother's and father's heights. Also, men and women grow at very different rates.
What milk does to help growth is supply calcium required for bone growth, which is a major factor in overall body growth. It doesn't do much else that other dairy products can do too.
Needless to say, Apollo's height has been declared at 165 cm. He just looks short compared to some of these other characters who seem to have better luck with physical growth.
Why does this keep happening. I come up with questions just so I can answer them myself. Aaaaaaaaagh!
What milk does to help growth is supply calcium required for bone growth, which is a major factor in overall body growth. It doesn't do much else that other dairy products can do too.
Needless to say, Apollo's height has been declared at 165 cm. He just looks short compared to some of these other characters who seem to have better luck with physical growth.
Why does this keep happening. I come up with questions just so I can answer them myself. Aaaaaaaaagh!
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
-
Going for Miles
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
- Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
- Location: Sweden
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
Ok, I've had too much internet and I can't stand this anymore so I have to ask - what is the deal with people and Apollo's ass?! 
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
-
WaitingforGodot
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7320
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
- Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
- Location: Sweden
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
...w-what?GoingforMiles wrote:Ok, I've had too much internet and I can't stand this anymore so I have to ask - what is the deal with people and Apollo's ass?!
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
-
Rubia Ryu the Royal
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6180
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
- Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
- Location: LA, Japanifornia
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread
I thought he had a pet cat.GoingforMiles wrote:Ok, I've had too much internet and I can't stand this anymore so I have to ask - what is the deal with people and Apollo's ass?!
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com