Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 7 of 30[ 1176 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 30  Next

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)Topic%20Title

Dracarys!

So, good news for T-Consequences:

Thanks to some help from Andross, several of my background images have been completed. Two still images are currently being made by another artist on Deviantart, who so far has finished all my requests in a very timely manner. For the first half of the case, I now just have 1.5 more backgrounds, sprites for the aforementioned character, and one piece of evidence (which I could probably throw together in about two minutes).

An outline for T-Unknown has been written up and I've started making some serious progress into the script, as well as sprites for one of the new characters in the final case.

We will build a new store room!!!

Good to hear, glad I could help! :pearl:
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!!
-"♫If you're ugly like me you're in good companeeeee! There are millions of us who're ugly♪!!!"-
-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!!"~The Ghost of Zen Tuo

Turnabout RPG Developer

So I'm playing through The Rogue Turnabout, just got to a certain part of Case 2's second half...

Spoiler:
:pearl: :(

Suffice to say, my attention was grabbed fairly easily.

Turnabout RPG Developer

Sorry for the double post, but I've just finished The Rogue Turnabout and all I can say is WOW.

Spoiler:
I guess I'd be lying if I said I didn't suspect Black to have some involvement with the case, but the way you pulled it off was excellent. I also really liked how you kind of explore what happens when Wright's trust for his client goes a bit too far. Hopefully that's a theme that gets explored later, but I guess I'll see as I play Turnabout on the Web. I'm also kind of wondering about Pearls...is she going to end up being the final killer, or the final victim? Or perhaps you'll play it extremely dark and she'll have been murdered a long time ago when she got kidnapped? You're good at keeping me on the edge.

So ultimately, great job! Keep up the great work.

And I admit to laughing out loud when I first met Watters and the Metropolis Zone music started playing.

We will build a new store room!!!

That would be kinda pointless wouldn't it? It'd kill all of the suspense in her being missing in the first place, particularly since Gumshoe implies in the flashback that he thinks she's already dead.
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!!
-"♫If you're ugly like me you're in good companeeeee! There are millions of us who're ugly♪!!!"-
-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!!"~The Ghost of Zen Tuo

Turnabout RPG Developer

Just finished TotW and all I can say is, similar to when I finished TRT, wow.

Spoiler:
I liked how it you didn't needlessly drag it on like I was afraid of for a second. And that final cross-examination was just amazingly well done. I was wondering why it refilled my life bar beforehand, but I didn't think it'd actually be important for the plot. So I guess here's my list of predictions for the next two cases:

-Jimmy is Mindirez. I suppose it's a bit of a stretch, but he obviously knows about Pearl and is on the box, which makes him clearly an important character. Considering that Mindirez killed Cody and Jimmy "left" just before Cody died, I think it's certainly possible.

- I have a feeling that Maya could be a victim at some point, considering your write-up for the next case, in my opinion anyway, gives off the impression that this will be personal to Phoenix. It's also not hard to imagine the Rivales family killing someone close to him. And finally, there's the fact that Trucy says she'll help out "not next case, but after that". So while I hope not, I do think it's possible.

- Lastly man, the biggest mystery for me is poor little Pearly. I have no idea what your intentions are, but you could do so many horrifying things with that if you want to make the point that the Rivales family is evil. Or maybe she's actually alive and working for them? Or maybe or maybe or maybe...ok, I guess I don't have a prediction here.

Anyway man, GREAT JOB so far. I don't know what your goal is, but you are making a game that feels very much like a legit PW game, and for that, you have my respect. I'm sure this isn't the point of making the game, but if you ever need donations to make it happen...well, let's just say I'm perfectly willing to pay the price of a full game, if not more. Again, good job. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Dracarys!

Thanks for playing, sir! I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far and I hope you like the final cases just as much. On your predictions...

Spoiler:
Jimmy seems to be the most popular suspect for Cody's murder, from what I've seen others guessing. Obviously, I can neither confirm nor deny this. Image

Trucy's absolutely going to be an assistant again for some or all of a future case. However, I wouldn't say that automatically means Maya's gonna get killed off.

The truth behind that story is that Pearl was his sled.

If I might ask, who have been your favorite things so far? Characters, plot twists, scenes, all that jazz.

On getting paid for this...

Nooooooooo... No, no, no, no... I wouldn't be legally allowed to take any money for this, since it still has the Ace Attorney name attached to it. So I can't accept any donations, payments, or anything along those lines. No money. I neither have nor never will make a single cent from Conflict of Interest. In fact, I'm LOSING money by making this game. But I'm actually fine with that. I'm having a blast so far making it, and it's been great hearing back from my players. It's also been a pretty neat hobby during the little freetime that I have.

Always nice to hear theories about what might happen. Keep 'em coming, people.

I still need to come up with an excuse for why Maya is still around in this game, since we all know she's going to be the culprit in Contempt of Court...

Dracarys!

Another progress update. This time...

SCREENSHOTS!!!
YAAAAYYYYY!!!

Spoiler: T-Consequences screenshots
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

§

Awesome, I'm really looking forward to the next case. And the screenshots... just wow!

Keep up the great work Ropfa, it's a lot of hard work you're pulling with COI, but I'm sure it will turn out splendid, just like the previous cases.

Cheers! :jake:
We do what we must because we can.

Just so you know, I'm still available for beta-testing if you need me.

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Ropfa wrote:
Another progress update. This time...

SCREENSHOTS!!!
YAAAAYYYYY!!!

Spoiler: T-Consequences screenshots
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Oh hey! Watters got a tan this time.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Apollon Flame

Nice background, by the way. :]
A King

in name

alone...

Mia Payne

Ahh... the wait is killing me, Fuandon on youtube wants to play this also!

Anyway, YAY BIKINI!

OT: Looks good so far, is this case, not based off a murder, but attempted assassination?

Did you tell Fuandon about this update?

Dracarys!

Not yet. I guess I just assumed that he lurked the forums, since he's figured out everything on his own before rather quickly (I realize how silly that sounds). He hasn't logged in here for a while, so I might drop a message on Youtube or something.

I think you should tell him.

Mia Payne

Any more updates? UPDATES UPDATE????? STATUS UPDATES? No?

Anyways, good luck with the project, and have a wonderful New Years Day...

Wait... it was yesterday? Dammit....

Last edited by Blizdi on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mia Payne

EDIT:Woops double post

Dracarys!

My status update is that I've been putting off working on stuff for the first half so that I can work on stuff for the rest of the game. :bellboy:

I'm aiming to finish another background tonight, and then I can MAYBE start working on the final one. I just have less drive to work on backgrounds, since they're not as interesting as character sprites.

Plus, the sprite contest. That took up a decent amount of my free time.

I will say though that the script for T-Unknown has reached 160 pages and is nowhere near completion. I'd estimate it's only about 30%-40% finished.

As for all that other stuff, I would not encourage attempting the majority of it, due to the likely negative consequences for yourself and others. However if you are truly dedicated to it, then I suppose there's nothing I can do.

Feel free to post online as much as you like though. I'd say that one's pretty safe to do.

Unless the NSA doesn't like whatever you said.

Mia Payne

Haaaaa "negative consequences" get it because Case 4 is "Turnabout Consequences" hahahaha... I am so alone...

And my question was more reference to Consequences than Unknown

Dracarys!

Okay, so one final thing before T-Consequences: Part one gets released. This is the final background for the case (or rather, the first half of the case). I made this all from scratch. I've made backgrounds before, but this one is much more detailed than any of the others I've tried. Not quite finished, as I still need to add in some evidence on the scene and possibly make some minor adjustments to the railing.

Feedback pls

Spoiler:
Not sure what that white line on the right side is. It's definitely not in the file I uploaded.

After this, I'm going to make some outfit changes to one character (who I already have the base for, so that shouldn't take long) and make sure that all the coding is working properly. And then... off to beta-testing. Hopefully beta-testing will start within a month (depends on how much I slack off).

Ropfa wrote:
Okay, so one final thing before T-Consequences: Part one gets released. This is the final background for the case (or rather, the first half of the case). I made this all from scratch. I've made backgrounds before, but this one is much more detailed than any of the others I've tried. Not quite finished, as I still need to add in some evidence on the scene and possibly make some minor adjustments to the railing.

Feedback pls

Spoiler:
Not sure what that white line on the right side is. It's definitely not in the file I uploaded.

I have no practice in backgrounds, but I'll do my best.

The floor looks fine and the rail is okay to this untrained eye. The clouds too. The contrast of the dark roof with the light background is pretty nice. Your perspective looks alright. Is that greenery a forest or part of the garden, and is that a balcony where the other door is?
Try shading "underneath" the roof tiles instead of drawing them in, use highlights and shadows to bring it into 3D.

I don't understand your light source(s).
The scene seems as if it's lit at the same level everywhere, which is bland from a lack of depth and doesn't focus the eye. (Grayscale to better see values) The green also blends in with the mountain and the sky, maybe a bit too much.

I messed around for a quick bit (keep in mind I don't really know what I'm doing), and ended up with this,
The colours aren't the best and don't really account for depth or bleeding (since I cheated and used Multiply/Screen because I just wanted to make the grayscale version more interesting, so it's all one shade in the coloured...) but I thought I'd leave it here as an idea.

Ropfa wrote:
After this, I'm going to make some outfit changes to one character (who I already have the base for, so that shouldn't take long) and make sure that all the coding is working properly. And then... off to beta-testing. Hopefully beta-testing will start within a month (depends on how much I slack off).

Sounds like good progress. I look forward to the release.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling

Mia Payne

Ahhh, the wait is killing me!

Part 1? What'chu talking bout Willis? I swear to Ropfa if you make a cliffhanger...

Dracarys!

Thanks, Mercurial. I'll probably end up using that version.

Blizdi wrote:
I swear to Ropfa

http://youtu.be/OfFbxIHBdjo?t=14s

Mia Payne

Knew it, as soon as I saw "Youtube" I was like.. "Pssh.. Batman"

So... what is the current progress meter of Consequences?

Seasoned Animator

Ropfa wrote:
Thanks, Mercurial. I'll probably end up using that version.

Blizdi wrote:
I swear to Ropfa

http://youtu.be/OfFbxIHBdjo?t=14s

Then it'll be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFyHTU8tg_0

Sorry.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Dracarys!

Er, well... I haven't really done anything since the previous update. I still need to make only one character's sprites and finish some coding. But here are the updated numbers:

TURNABOUT CONSEQUENCES

Planning: 100%
Script: 100% (final page total: 218)
Music: 100%
Sprites: 70%
Evidence: 100%
Backgrounds: 70%
Coding: 25%

TURNABOUT INTO THE UNKNOWN
Planning: 95%
Script: 45% (current page total: 181)
Music: 80%
Sprites: 14%
Evidence: 2%
Backgrounds: 5%
Coding: 0%

I'm starting to think that even with as little as I have left to do, one month wasn't quite enough for my deadline, since I have two big papers coming up in grad school, as well as a vacation. Things will probably pick up more when I'm back in a normal schedule.

Mia Payne

Will coding really take that long? It's only at 25% :P

Didn't you finish backgrounds btw?

Dracarys!

Yes, backgrounds are all finished. Coding won't take TOO long. I already have all the dialogue written up, so it's basically just a matter of line-breaking and bug fixing at this point. And that just involves me playing through the case a few times.

NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN

Can you give a rough idea that when will the case be out, I can´t stand the waiting man.

NYAN

Dracarys!

The_Turnabout_Guy wrote:
Can you give a rough idea that when will the case be out, I can´t stand the waiting man.

Current estimate is that it will be finished when it is.

Ropfa wrote:
The_Turnabout_Guy wrote:

Current estimate is that it will be finished when it is.

Are you sure you want to be so specific?
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Dracarys!

saluk wrote:
Are you sure you want to be so specific?

Mia Payne

Dammit Ropfa.... I didn't think you were a brony... Was the Case 3 defendant just a Proxy (lol Turnabout Proxy) of yourself?

NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN

Spoiler:
Thank you for being accurate with me Ropfa.

p.s how the hell did I miss those screenshots?!
And Lee Harvy Oswald didn't kill J.F.K, only a Dallas Officer.
The balistics are on my side as well as the bullet trejectory.
(cause the reporter asks who sent you) :maggey:

NYAN

I can't get COI working. Whenever I play it on pywright (the newest version), it crashes every time after the intro. (regardless of the episode)

Fixed with the pywright update. Are you ok for reviews? I will review it intensely when I finished it. As long as you don't take offense to criticism? :)

Dracarys!

Oriachim wrote:
Fixed with the pywright update. Are you ok for reviews? I will review it intensely when I finished it. As long as you don't take offense to criticism? :)

Sure, go ahead. I'll look forward to it.

Mia Payne

Ropfa wrote:
Oriachim wrote:

Sure, go ahead. I'll look forward to it.

So... any nonspecific time frame updates? Has that "coding" gone from 25% and has "backgrounds" went up from 70%?
Page 7 of 30 [ 1176 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 30  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games