PW: Conflict of Interest (Full game complete)
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
So, good news for T-Consequences:
Thanks to some help from Andross, several of my background images have been completed. Two still images are currently being made by another artist on Deviantart, who so far has finished all my requests in a very timely manner. For the first half of the case, I now just have 1.5 more backgrounds, sprites for the aforementioned character, and one piece of evidence (which I could probably throw together in about two minutes).
An outline for T-Unknown has been written up and I've started making some serious progress into the script, as well as sprites for one of the new characters in the final case.
Thanks to some help from Andross, several of my background images have been completed. Two still images are currently being made by another artist on Deviantart, who so far has finished all my requests in a very timely manner. For the first half of the case, I now just have 1.5 more backgrounds, sprites for the aforementioned character, and one piece of evidence (which I could probably throw together in about two minutes).
An outline for T-Unknown has been written up and I've started making some serious progress into the script, as well as sprites for one of the new characters in the final case.
-
Andross
- Suspect

- Posts: 14
- Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:00 am
- Custom Title: We will build a new store room!!!
- Location: On the roof eating cake.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Good to hear, glad I could help! 
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!!
-"♫If you're ugly like me you're in good companeeeee! There are millions of us who're ugly♪!!!"-
-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!!"~The Ghost of Zen Tuo
-"♫If you're ugly like me you're in good companeeeee! There are millions of us who're ugly♪!!!"-
-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!!"~The Ghost of Zen Tuo
-
discipledoctor
- Suspect

- Posts: 41
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:02 pm
- Custom Title: Turnabout RPG Developer
- Location: Illinois
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
So I'm playing through The Rogue Turnabout, just got to a certain part of Case 2's second half...
Suffice to say, my attention was grabbed fairly easily.
Spoiler:
Suffice to say, my attention was grabbed fairly easily.
-
discipledoctor
- Suspect

- Posts: 41
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:02 pm
- Custom Title: Turnabout RPG Developer
- Location: Illinois
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Sorry for the double post, but I've just finished The Rogue Turnabout and all I can say is WOW.
Spoiler:
-
Andross
- Suspect

- Posts: 14
- Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:00 am
- Custom Title: We will build a new store room!!!
- Location: On the roof eating cake.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
That would be kinda pointless wouldn't it? It'd kill all of the suspense in her being missing in the first place, particularly since Gumshoe implies in the flashback that he thinks she's already dead.
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!!
-"♫If you're ugly like me you're in good companeeeee! There are millions of us who're ugly♪!!!"-
-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!!"~The Ghost of Zen Tuo
-"♫If you're ugly like me you're in good companeeeee! There are millions of us who're ugly♪!!!"-
-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!!"~The Ghost of Zen Tuo
-
discipledoctor
- Suspect

- Posts: 41
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:02 pm
- Custom Title: Turnabout RPG Developer
- Location: Illinois
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Just finished TotW and all I can say is, similar to when I finished TRT, wow.
Spoiler:
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Thanks for playing, sir! I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far and I hope you like the final cases just as much. On your predictions...
On getting paid for this...
Nooooooooo... No, no, no, no... I wouldn't be legally allowed to take any money for this, since it still has the Ace Attorney name attached to it. So I can't accept any donations, payments, or anything along those lines. No money. I neither have nor never will make a single cent from Conflict of Interest. In fact, I'm LOSING money by making this game. But I'm actually fine with that. I'm having a blast so far making it, and it's been great hearing back from my players. It's also been a pretty neat hobby during the little freetime that I have.
Always nice to hear theories about what might happen. Keep 'em coming, people.
I still need to come up with an excuse for why Maya is still around in this game, since we all know she's going to be the culprit in Contempt of Court...
Spoiler:
Nooooooooo... No, no, no, no... I wouldn't be legally allowed to take any money for this, since it still has the Ace Attorney name attached to it. So I can't accept any donations, payments, or anything along those lines. No money. I neither have nor never will make a single cent from Conflict of Interest. In fact, I'm LOSING money by making this game. But I'm actually fine with that. I'm having a blast so far making it, and it's been great hearing back from my players. It's also been a pretty neat hobby during the little freetime that I have.
Always nice to hear theories about what might happen. Keep 'em coming, people.
I still need to come up with an excuse for why Maya is still around in this game, since we all know she's going to be the culprit in Contempt of Court...
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Another progress update. This time...
SCREENSHOTS!!!
YAAAAYYYYY!!!
YAAAAYYYYY!!!
Spoiler: T-Consequences screenshots
-
Outbreak95
- Suspect

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:51 am
- Custom Title: §
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Awesome, I'm really looking forward to the next case. And the screenshots... just wow!
Keep up the great work Ropfa, it's a lot of hard work you're pulling with COI, but I'm sure it will turn out splendid, just like the previous cases.
Cheers!
Keep up the great work Ropfa, it's a lot of hard work you're pulling with COI, but I'm sure it will turn out splendid, just like the previous cases.
Cheers!
We do what we must because we can.
-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Just so you know, I'm still available for beta-testing if you need me.
-
BonnyMono
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
- Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Oh hey! Watters got a tan this time.Ropfa wrote:Another progress update. This time...
SCREENSHOTS!!!
YAAAAYYYYY!!!Spoiler: T-Consequences screenshots
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
-
Scent
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1638
- Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm
- Custom Title: Apollon Flame
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Nice background, by the way. :]
A King
in name
alone...
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Ahh... the wait is killing me, Fuandon on youtube wants to play this also!
Anyway, YAY BIKINI!
OT: Looks good so far, is this case, not based off a murder, but attempted assassination?
Anyway, YAY BIKINI!
OT: Looks good so far, is this case, not based off a murder, but attempted assassination?
-
Lemming20
- Suspect

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Did you tell Fuandon about this update?
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Not yet. I guess I just assumed that he lurked the forums, since he's figured out everything on his own before rather quickly (I realize how silly that sounds). He hasn't logged in here for a while, so I might drop a message on Youtube or something.
-
Lemming20
- Suspect

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
I think you should tell him.
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Any more updates? UPDATES UPDATE????? STATUS UPDATES? No?
Anyways, good luck with the project, and have a wonderful New Years Day...
Wait... it was yesterday? Dammit....
Anyways, good luck with the project, and have a wonderful New Years Day...
Wait... it was yesterday? Dammit....
Last edited by Blizdi on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
EDIT:Woops double post
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
My status update is that I've been putting off working on stuff for the first half so that I can work on stuff for the rest of the game.
I'm aiming to finish another background tonight, and then I can MAYBE start working on the final one. I just have less drive to work on backgrounds, since they're not as interesting as character sprites.
Plus, the sprite contest. That took up a decent amount of my free time.
I will say though that the script for T-Unknown has reached 160 pages and is nowhere near completion. I'd estimate it's only about 30%-40% finished.
As for all that other stuff, I would not encourage attempting the majority of it, due to the likely negative consequences for yourself and others. However if you are truly dedicated to it, then I suppose there's nothing I can do.
Feel free to post online as much as you like though. I'd say that one's pretty safe to do.
Unless the NSA doesn't like whatever you said.
I'm aiming to finish another background tonight, and then I can MAYBE start working on the final one. I just have less drive to work on backgrounds, since they're not as interesting as character sprites.
Plus, the sprite contest. That took up a decent amount of my free time.
I will say though that the script for T-Unknown has reached 160 pages and is nowhere near completion. I'd estimate it's only about 30%-40% finished.
As for all that other stuff, I would not encourage attempting the majority of it, due to the likely negative consequences for yourself and others. However if you are truly dedicated to it, then I suppose there's nothing I can do.
Feel free to post online as much as you like though. I'd say that one's pretty safe to do.
Unless the NSA doesn't like whatever you said.
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Haaaaa "negative consequences" get it because Case 4 is "Turnabout Consequences" hahahaha... I am so alone...
And my question was more reference to Consequences than Unknown
And my question was more reference to Consequences than Unknown
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Okay, so one final thing before T-Consequences: Part one gets released. This is the final background for the case (or rather, the first half of the case). I made this all from scratch. I've made backgrounds before, but this one is much more detailed than any of the others I've tried. Not quite finished, as I still need to add in some evidence on the scene and possibly make some minor adjustments to the railing.
Feedback pls
After this, I'm going to make some outfit changes to one character (who I already have the base for, so that shouldn't take long) and make sure that all the coding is working properly. And then... off to beta-testing. Hopefully beta-testing will start within a month (depends on how much I slack off).
Feedback pls
Spoiler:
-
mercurialSK
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 214
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
- Contact:
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
I have no practice in backgrounds, but I'll do my best.Ropfa wrote:Okay, so one final thing before T-Consequences: Part one gets released. This is the final background for the case (or rather, the first half of the case). I made this all from scratch. I've made backgrounds before, but this one is much more detailed than any of the others I've tried. Not quite finished, as I still need to add in some evidence on the scene and possibly make some minor adjustments to the railing.
Feedback pls
Spoiler:
The floor looks fine and the rail is okay to this untrained eye. The clouds too. The contrast of the dark roof with the light background is pretty nice. Your perspective looks alright. Is that greenery a forest or part of the garden, and is that a balcony where the other door is?
Try shading "underneath" the roof tiles instead of drawing them in, use highlights and shadows to bring it into 3D.
I don't understand your light source(s).

The scene seems as if it's lit at the same level everywhere, which is bland from a lack of depth and doesn't focus the eye. (Grayscale to better see values) The green also blends in with the mountain and the sky, maybe a bit too much.
I messed around for a quick bit (keep in mind I don't really know what I'm doing), and ended up with this,

The colours aren't the best and don't really account for depth or bleeding (since I cheated and used Multiply/Screen because I just wanted to make the grayscale version more interesting, so it's all one shade in the coloured...) but I thought I'd leave it here as an idea.
Sounds like good progress. I look forward to the release.Ropfa wrote:After this, I'm going to make some outfit changes to one character (who I already have the base for, so that shouldn't take long) and make sure that all the coding is working properly. And then... off to beta-testing. Hopefully beta-testing will start within a month (depends on how much I slack off).
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Ahhh, the wait is killing me!
...
Part 1? What'chu talking bout Willis? I swear to Ropfa if you make a cliffhanger...
...
Part 1? What'chu talking bout Willis? I swear to Ropfa if you make a cliffhanger...
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Thanks, Mercurial. I'll probably end up using that version.
http://youtu.be/OfFbxIHBdjo?t=14s
Blizdi wrote:I swear to Ropfa
http://youtu.be/OfFbxIHBdjo?t=14s
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Knew it, as soon as I saw "Youtube" I was like.. "Pssh.. Batman"
-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
So... what is the current progress meter of Consequences?
-
ApolloGrimoire
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 272
- Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:16 pm
- Custom Title: Seasoned Animator
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Then it'll be...Ropfa wrote:Thanks, Mercurial. I'll probably end up using that version.
Blizdi wrote:I swear to Ropfa
http://youtu.be/OfFbxIHBdjo?t=14s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFyHTU8tg_0
Sorry.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Er, well... I haven't really done anything since the previous update. I still need to make only one character's sprites and finish some coding. But here are the updated numbers:
TURNABOUT CONSEQUENCES
Planning: 100%
Script: 100% (final page total: 218)
Music: 100%
Sprites: 70%
Evidence: 100%
Backgrounds: 70%
Coding: 25%
TURNABOUT INTO THE UNKNOWN
Planning: 95%
Script: 45% (current page total: 181)
Music: 80%
Sprites: 14%
Evidence: 2%
Backgrounds: 5%
Coding: 0%
I'm starting to think that even with as little as I have left to do, one month wasn't quite enough for my deadline, since I have two big papers coming up in grad school, as well as a vacation. Things will probably pick up more when I'm back in a normal schedule.
TURNABOUT CONSEQUENCES
Planning: 100%
Script: 100% (final page total: 218)
Music: 100%
Sprites: 70%
Evidence: 100%
Backgrounds: 70%
Coding: 25%
TURNABOUT INTO THE UNKNOWN
Planning: 95%
Script: 45% (current page total: 181)
Music: 80%
Sprites: 14%
Evidence: 2%
Backgrounds: 5%
Coding: 0%
I'm starting to think that even with as little as I have left to do, one month wasn't quite enough for my deadline, since I have two big papers coming up in grad school, as well as a vacation. Things will probably pick up more when I'm back in a normal schedule.
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Will coding really take that long? It's only at 25% :P
Didn't you finish backgrounds btw?
Didn't you finish backgrounds btw?
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Yes, backgrounds are all finished. Coding won't take TOO long. I already have all the dialogue written up, so it's basically just a matter of line-breaking and bug fixing at this point. And that just involves me playing through the case a few times.
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Can you give a rough idea that when will the case be out, I can´t stand the waiting man.

NYAN
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Current estimate is that it will be finished when it is.The_Turnabout_Guy wrote:Can you give a rough idea that when will the case be out, I can´t stand the waiting man.
-
saluk
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 770
- Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:36 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Are you sure you want to be so specific?Ropfa wrote:Current estimate is that it will be finished when it is.The_Turnabout_Guy wrote:Can you give a rough idea that when will the case be out, I can´t stand the waiting man.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
saluk wrote:Are you sure you want to be so specific?

-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Dammit Ropfa.... I didn't think you were a brony... Was the Case 3 defendant just a Proxy (lol Turnabout Proxy) of yourself?
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
-
Oriachim
- Suspect

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:05 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
I can't get COI working. Whenever I play it on pywright (the newest version), it crashes every time after the intro. (regardless of the episode)
-
Oriachim
- Suspect

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:05 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Fixed with the pywright update. Are you ok for reviews? I will review it intensely when I finished it. As long as you don't take offense to criticism? :)
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Sure, go ahead. I'll look forward to it.Oriachim wrote:Fixed with the pywright update. Are you ok for reviews? I will review it intensely when I finished it. As long as you don't take offense to criticism? :)
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
So... any nonspecific time frame updates? Has that "coding" gone from 25% and has "backgrounds" went up from 70%?Ropfa wrote:Sure, go ahead. I'll look forward to it.Oriachim wrote:Fixed with the pywright update. Are you ok for reviews? I will review it intensely when I finished it. As long as you don't take offense to criticism? :)










