Dracarys!

Percei wrote:
patently untrue

Percei wrote:
trademarking

http://instantrimshot.com/
Re: Turnabout Generations [Part 2: 90%! New Box-Art!]Topic%20Title

Percei wrote:
Especially since it's patently untrue in the case of the logo. That isn't the trademarked logo of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, so the TM is unnecessary. They aren't trademarking the name Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, they're trademarking the visual logo.

the moar you know

I thought they were trademarking of the name (since they do it in the original box arts :s)

I will remove it and take your word for it :)
Re: Turnabout Generations [Grammar Proofreader needed!]Topic%20Title

Yo guys, after having some personal playtesting done tonight, I want to play it really safe and get somebody to proofread the dialogue that I have in this next part.

I seem to have problems with implementing (or lack of implementing in my case) commas when they are needed. If someone from AAO/CR can help me comb through the trial for these kinds of issues, my nerves would be really calmed down on this department.

I only need one person, and I need that person to be really good when it comes to proofreading AA/AAO trials.

Much appreciated :)
Re: Turnabout Generations [Grammar Proofreader needed!]Topic%20Title

Bumping for urgency. Still looking for someone from AAO/CR to be a proofreader for this part, as English isn't my first language (and one of the last criticisms I want is on my grammar xP xP)

I think this is just bad timing since school's starting for most of you guys out there, so if I don't get anyone good soon, I'll probably just release it as is and take a risk on this particular department.

As I stated recently, TGens is in a releaseable state.
I can release it right now for everyone to play, but I'd rather delay it like I did for Part 1 and ensure everything's polished :)
Re: Turnabout Generations [Part 2: Almost Done!]Topic%20Title

Putin wrote:
I'm quite happy to announce...that I'm ALMOST done!

The first version of Part 2 to debut to the public is coming upon us. My (planned) release schedule is somewhere between Saturday@ 11:59 PM, and Sunday @ 11:59 PM

Again, I could release it now, but I'm still looking around polishing the content. But I'm still waiting on something else to occur too (TGens is not dependent on this something in any way, but I figure it would be a great timing to release if this something else occurs soon :))
Re: Turnabout Generations [Part 2: Done, when to Release?]Topic%20Title

I'm not sure what the bump rules are, but I'd like to say, I'm officially done with V1 of Part 2.

I just don't know when to release it...should i release it now? Release it later on Sunday? Release it in a couple of hours for International users to check out? (As in, not in the US :P). Or just release it next week, or never release it?

I'm asking because I'm debating on whether or not I should wait for something to occur, and time my release, or just forget about it and publicly release the link to the world?
Re: Turnabout Generations [Part 2: Done, when to Release?]Topic%20Title

I'd like everyone to read this before you play:

-First, if you are using Chrome (which I'd advised against), you MUST get the Chrome .apng plugin!
See here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/apng/ehkepjiconegkhpodgoaeamnpckdbblp?hl=en

-Having headphones/earphones is HIGHLY recommended.

-Firefox should be the MAIN browser that you should use. If you choose to use Chrome, please get the .apng plugin!

-The amount of custom content has been at least *doubled*. Loading WILL take awhile depending on your Internet connection.

-Flash should not be blocked. Make sure it's installed.

Spoiler: Troubleshooting Guide
-Please remember, unlike Part 1, where it was optimized for Chrome, Part 2 is designed, implemented, and optimized, for Firefox (which isn't saying much, considering the limitations in the engine apparent in v5)

-If you don't hear any audio, or you're not seeing a background properly, clear your cache, and reload the link. This usually resolves most problems.

-In the event that your play experience is showing signs of text going really slow, noticeable lag, etc. Please run your Firefox in "Safe Mode"
(See Tap's thread here: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =50&t=5687
1. Click the "Firefox" icon at the top of the screen.
2. Scroll down to "Help" and select "Restart with Add-ons Disabled". Firefox will then restart in safe mode, although it'll hit you with the safe mode dialog box first.

Another solution, is for Firefox, type in "about:config". on the search box, type in "animation". Change your values on these codes:
Code:
canvas.image.cache.limit: 300
image.animation_mode: normal
image.mem.max_ms_before_yield;50 [Most important!]

-If you're on a Windows machine (Vista and up), this will be VERY relevant to you, please ensure your POWER PLAN settings is set to "High Performance". If it's set to anything else, it WILL cause noticeable lag on your browser's performance! (the icon to change the plan is usually next to your volume icon)
Additionally, make sure you don't have any other programs limiting the memory/RAM usage and such of other programs.

-If you're still getting lag, please open the task manager, and set the priority of your Firefox (or other browser you're using), to high (or higher).

-It is always a good idea to make sure you're not running any other flash programs/java programs, or other browser windows/tabs. (Meaning, don't have too many tabs open, attempt to have only one tab, the trial you're playing :))

-If you see black "popouts" often (black screen, following immediately said graphics). That means the trial is in "desync". The best indicator to know when you're desynced, is in the beginning of the trial, you see a "U" first, before you see a "T".
If you continue to play, every single graphics change you see WILL cause the black popouts. The audio/graphics will NOT sync then.
Either restart the trial (or "reload" the link by saving), OR, press the back button on your browser, and go forward again.
Again, this only applies if you see the black "popouts" frequently.
[This is an engine issue unfortunately with no real workaround]

-Avoid skipping the dialogue quickly and in rapid succession when you can help it. Sometimes some frame of dialogue will not complete, and you will probably miss on something important!

-Disable your flash's Hardware acceleration (For chrome, just right click while you have a flash game or something up, and click on your flash settings. You should see the option somewhere). For Firefox, go to your options settings,and go to Advanced. Make sure the checkbox is unticked.

-If you're on Firefox, and the text is "antialiased" (meaning it doesn't look sharp, but somewhat blurry/hard to read), but you have the PW International font, then please disable hardware acceleration.

-Let EVERYTHING load to 100%! Don't try to skip the loading session if you can help it! There's a bunch of external content, so give it time!
If you think the loading is freezing, then it is safe to RESTART!

Spoiler: "Expectations"
-No workarounds in the world can prevent things out of my control (mainly, the audio/image desyncs)

-Remember: The case is all about experimenting first, and the case/story being last priority. (It's a surprise Part 2 was even developed after the positive reception of Part 1 after all :P)

-We want you to make your own calls on what you think in this trial works or not ;)

-There are "intentional" mistakes we have made in this part. Bear with it all if you see there isn't a standard AA convention being followed :)
You can post here and spot what you think is a mistake/what you think is wrong!

-There is one section, that is MEANT to bore you.

-We have made someone particularly semi-poorly written, on purpose.

I think this is worth an update :)

Part 2 is OUT!

Play link!

Remember to click on INTRO in the very beginning! Don't get too click happy :P

I will provide a non-spoiler walkthrough soon :)

If you spot any major bugs/gamebreaking bugs, let me know!

Edit: Witholding walkthrough, will post at a later date.
Re: Turnabout Generations [Part 2: Tired of Waiting? ReleaseTopic%20Title

Look behind you...

Happy to see Part 2 released to the public, I know after testing that they'll enjoy it.
Re: Turnabout Generations [Part 2: Released!]Topic%20Title

Thank you, I hope so too! ^^

UPDATE:
There are lots of people playing, I got a HUGE traffic spike today and dropbox has suspended my hotlinks.

I'm going to replace the content ASAP
Re: TGens [Part 2: Released! Some Links Replaced]Topic%20Title

Okay guys, I've gotten some big audio files transferred to the kiwi site, and have replaced the links in my trial accordingly.

Unfortunately, I found out that dropbox suspends public links in a day if you reach 20 GB in excess traffic.

My biggest audience has for the most part, been outside of AAO/CR. At least for Part 2. Definitely wasn't expecting such traffic in a matter of hours!

I now need to replace images too, since most of them are stored on dropbox as well. I'll be using imgur for that (but I'm near my upload limit, so I'm going to try and see if I can make a new account).

I have updated my credits list on the AAO thread. Haven't done so here, but will get to it when I can
Re: TGens [Part 2: Released! Some Links Replaced]Topic%20Title

I've replaced all the images in the profiles/evidence, including the check details in the court-records, with imgur links.

That should alleviate some stress off of my dropbox.

I'm really hoping my dropbox doesn't get suspended again! Because it was my first time, they let me lift the suspension today. But if it happens again next time, then players will have to wait another day where Dropbox will reset again, to get the best experience.

Because of my studies, i won't have as much time to reupload, and replace everything...

That being said, I need to find a PyWright team ASAP to convert the trial, so that when I'm not around, we won't have to worry about relying on the stupid cloud :)
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ [Part 2: Released! Playable!]Topic%20Title

Update(s), announcements (maybe a wall of text, I don't know):

Hey guys, I will post a walkthrough later tonight when done with college stuff for the day.

The majority of my audio files are now (unfortunately :P) using the kiwi6 site. Unfortunately, that means it'll take a lot longer to load the trial, since kiwi6 takes a lot longer to download from than you would from dropbox.

If you are stuck or having problems loading anything (additionally any gamebreaking bugs too, which is not likely at this point), let me know.

AAO (or at least v5) wasn't meant to handle the type of content/graphic animations that ED and I threw at it, so I apologize big time on the syncing issues. In general, v5 doesn't play nice with large trials to begin with, so I hope I can be forgiven on this front :)

I also hope that Part 2 hints at/explains some things you may have questioned about in Part 1.
I think I can guarantee that Part 2 is a completely different beast from Part 1, especially in terms of content. But you guys can be the judge of that.

I am still updating my credits list, and am in the process of PM'ing some artists that I'm not sure what they've contributed to (there's a LOT of assets I've had to sift through to see who did what, including custom works that ED and I did ourselves!).
------------------------------------------------------

I would like to say that I am going to make the soundtrack list soon (for both Part 1 and Part 2). I think you'll be surprised at where I got some of my tracks from...maybe.

Lastly, I would also like to say that I will be releasing all of our sound effects, and a majority of our graphics/custom sprites, at a later date (through my art thread, and otherwise appropiate).
That includes templates supplied in .pdn form, so you don't have to guess how I achieved certain effects (that includes the custom profile mugshots, the "check" details, the letters bg, transcripts, testimony graphics etc.)
I hope our resources will become useful for other authors :)
-------------------------------

With Part 3 being spearheaded by ED, and my role in tGens being completely minor (almost non-existent :P), I'd just like to say to you all that it's been a fun ride.
Experimenting with finding ways to add to the player experience was a fun process for sure, and maybe those of you who are authors, or those of you who are players, can find ways to improve upon some things we did here. With DD coming soon to the West, it's good to know that at least one idea found in TGens is showing up in DD :D.

Excuse me for my rambling though. Enjoy Part 2, I'm looking forward to your feedbacks (positive AND negative please :P)
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ [Part 2: Released! Update: See Last Post]Topic%20Title

Art Person

I've just started playing your fan case, and I'm loving it!
Telly Fone, Dry Lagoon's theme for Ema Skye! I totally agree with your choice there! :keiko:
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ [Part 2: Released! Update: See Last Post]Topic%20Title

SuperAj3 wrote:
I've just started playing your fan case, and I'm loving it!
Telly Fone, Dry Lagoon's theme for Ema Skye! I totally agree with your choice there! :keiko:

Hello SuperAJ! Thanks for checking out my case!

Quickly get to Part 2 when you can! Part 1 seems kinda lame now in comparison to Part 2 (at least IMO xP)
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ [Pt. 2: SFX Pack Up! Hint Guide Coming TonigTopic%20Title

Update:

The TGens SFX's collection have now been posted! You can get them from the tGens main post, or the SFX Resource thread at the art forum. Cheers :)

Oh, but you MUST ask me permission/credit me if you use a custom-created sfx titled "PhoenixImitate". It took me months to create that from scratch to get the best effect when it was used in Part 2, and was specifically made for tGens.

I was considering not releasing it out, but I'm in a good mood of sharing right now ;)
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ [Pt. 2: SFX Pack Up! Hint Out!]Topic%20Title

Hint guid is out! Check the main post ;)
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ [Pt. 2: SFX Pack Up! Hint Out!]Topic%20Title

I have released the sprite resources that I know for a fact were custom designed by me. You may see them here:
http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27691
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ [Pt. 2: Hint Out! Sprite Resources Out!]Topic%20Title

The one with many faces

I would encourage everyone playing it to look at the sprites and resources and post who made what. When doing this project, we've amassed a lot of resources. However, we kinda forgot to track the sources. :payne: So we need your help identifying some of the stuff's owners.
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ [Pt. 2: Credits Updated!]Topic%20Title

I have updated the credits from AAO's. Anyone in red means I don't know what I've used/what they've contributed to just yet (I think there's two I haven't PM'ed, and I know one of them is Percei, which I will get around to).
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ [Pt. 2: FULL WALKTHROUGH OUT!]Topic%20Title

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I have posted the FULL WALKTHROUGH!

It's on the first page, but I'll post it here for convenience too.

Spoiler: SPOILER ALERT! Complete Walkthrough
Let Wright Talk

JB CE: When given the option, do not "Add to testimony", instaed, Press More and THEN add to testimony when given the option.
Present Cell's Profile, OR the affadavit at the statement about the silencer having a signature.

-Present Cell's profile again

-Ema's section is meant to bore you. BEAR WITH IT.
Press everything as much as possible (when in doubt)

-Choose the The Crime-Scene Setup

-Gottem CE 1: When in doubt press everything.
Fake contradiction: Present doorbell at "I only rang once"
Real contradiction:Present "Tea Cup 2" to "I saw two spoons, two plates[...]"

-Gottem CE 2: When in doubt, Press Everything
Stop the CE

-No EyeWitness Exists!

-Gottem CE 3, there are two ways to beat this:
When in doubt, press everything. Present the map at the "[...] Even though I knew he was near the entrance" Statement....
Or, when Apollo decides what statement to tackle, press Statement 6.

-Gottem CE 4:
???????????????????

Enjoy. I'd love to have some feedback from you guys :)
--------------

Additionally, I have compiled the soundtrack list for Part 2. I'm going to find time to post it up later on this thread.
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ ||| [Seeking a PyWright Team for Porting JobTopic%20Title

Hey guys, I'm looking for a PyWright team to port the current parts of TGens, from an AAO version, to a Pywight version!

I don't have the time to learn how to port everything myself (and neither my co-author does).

The reason I am requesting this is because everyday I'm getting my dropbox suspension cap, and relying on AAO's cloud is just too much of a hassle at this point in time. It's better if there's a way to play the game (a "big" one like TGens) by just having a copy in your hard drive.

Those who are interested, I am willing to give access to all the contents of a copy of the trial (the AAO GUI, which is really good at giving you all the information of the assets/script/dialogue in separate tabs, in an easy to understand manner).

Additionally, if you're interested at enhancing certain areas or fixing problems that faults from the AAO engine (such as .gifs to .pngs sheets), that'd be even better (but not required).

But mainly, just a port job from AAO engine, to a PyWright version :)

If there's anymore information that you need, let me know (ofc, credit will obviously be given in the OP, but not sure what else I can do to provide an incentive).

Dracarys!

I don't believe I will have enough time to help you with that project. But regarding the coding... Is there anything in your game that might be considered "advanced" coding? Any unique interfaces or puzzles?

It's all good Ropfa, you have your own projects to focus on, so I understand your position.

Regarding the "advanced" coding...
Hmm, there are mostly functions related to the Cross Examination sections (such as pressing everything to escape out of a CE, pressing certain statements first, before you're allowed to present evidence....Or allowing two ways of beating a CE, either through presenting evidence, or by choosing the correct statement that is contradictory). Things like that...but again, all the "advanced" stuff would be fallen under the Cross Examination.

Additionally, I do have multiple-choice paths and presenting evidence OUTSIDE the CE, but they are VERY basic in nature, and are simple in its direction. (One choice being correct out of 3 choices, for example).

So for a first trial, there isn't anything TOO advanced (in terms of AAO variables and certain CE functions like these...which are considered basic there.)

The interfaces considered "advanced"...eh, I've improved graphics on certain areas (the profile/evidence mugshots, to custom .png graphics of the "check" details, all the way to a smoother testimony title icon, etc.), but nothing that actually affects gameplay.

So in that regard, nope, nothing on unique interface/coding. Just your run of the mill "basic" trial with slight enhancements you could say.
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ ||| [OST Soon! Walkthrough up!]Topic%20Title

Hey guys, I'd love for some feedback for Part 2. I'm surprised that none have been provided so far here on CR considering the amount of time the newest part's been released xP

Unless you guys would REALLY rather play a PyWright version instead of AAO's, right? :P

Anyways, I'll have the soundtrack listed up soon. Still looking into finalizing the credits and acquiring the info on the ones I'm not sure I've used from.

This was mentioned before (I think), but I have provided a full walkthrough for Part 2, in the event that you're stuck and don't want to waste your playtime.

-----------------------------------------------
Lastly, I would like to say that after Part 2, I am retiring from AA fangame development. My co-author's gonna take over the reins and continue on/finish Part 3 (if there is any interest for one, that is).

It's been a fun ride, but it's high time to pursue other endeavors. I hope you all enjoy the work I put into the content of Part 2, and I hope I am able to convince you that AAO can be a viable platform of development that you can pursue (for a first-timer author, or for those looking to quickly set a foundation in jotting down a concept, to implement into a PyWright version).

Because a certain element (MINOR, MINOR element ;P) founded within the first Part of TGens is now going to appear in Dual Destinies, I'd say I did an alright job in experimenting on presentation.

Enjoy folks.
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ ||| [Need Community's Help for PyWright PortTopic%20Title

I am looking for the community's help to have TGens ported to PyWright! I've collected most of the resources, but I'm completely clueless in trying to create/implement the scripts! Unlimited sign-ups!

My goal is to port Part 1 first, and then if there's any interest in the PyWright version, then we could get a Part 2 port going (whose content is a lot better IMO)

Currently, I'm at the prologue part of the PyWright script for Part 1...And the only real thing I've been able to accomplish so far is get the backgrounds showing up. The dialogue is there for the prologue, but I don't know how to get the right pausing and such to mimic/improve on the AAO version of the dialogue.

I have an html file of all the dialogue/script codes from the AAO format, ready to be shared to anyone willing to help me port this case. But I could REALLY use some help translating all the code/wait-timers to a proper PyWright format!

I know that most members of CR really don't like playing any cases from AAO. Personally, I don't like to either if I can help it.
But as someone who wanted to always develop for PyWright, but not have the technical know-how, AAO has been my only avenue to realizing my vision for a fancase. Now that I have no more obligations for developing anymore fancases (as Part 2 of TGens is the last work I will ever do in regards to creating a fangame, with my partner E.D. taking over for Part 3), I am really serious in porting my case to PyWright.

But while I reallllllly am trying to accommodate the demands for a PyWright port, I just don't have the energy/time to learn all the kinks of the PyWright case, especially in regards to scripting. I have all the main important assets, but implementing them is a real pain for someone who's used to AAO's user-friendly engine interface.

I need a team, even the whole community, to help bring this AAO-to-PyWright fancase port to fruition! Any contribution you make will be of valuable help!

I want PyWright to be the best version of TGens (if it's possible), but I've come to accept my limited skill and know that I can't do it without you guys.

If there is no interest for a PyWright port (I've had one person who signed up at Ropfa's tutorial thread but hasn't replied/contacted me back at all as to his progress on the resources I gave him), then I'm probably just going to drop the matter, and (unfortunately) have only an AAO version be the only version available to play my case (which I really don't want). It's better not to waste time on something there's no demand for after all :P

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

1 month and no responses, eh? Well, I may help. Should I play TGens first or you're going to give the sprites, music, sound clips, and script?
Since my coding skills are OK, as of now.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Hello Bonny, thanks for checking out the thread (didn't realize it was even one month... :()

For spoiler concerns, it's probably best you check out the game first, so you can get an idea of how everything runs (just bear with Part 1's fast pace....Unas changed the text speed of the engine and Part 1 suffered badly from it -.-)

As for the resources, orderofthenick arranged a bunch of the main assets I have. I'm in the process of organizing them all in a clearer manner. The music will have to wait....It's 500 mb worth of conent so it'll have to come last unfortunately.

Master of confusion

I really wish I could help, but I only know how to do some things in PyWright. Just trying to keep this thread alive here.

The one with many faces

Well, for part 1, I don't believe there's anything too complex. Rofpa's guide should give a good idea on how to do Py.

If anyone wants to particiapte in trying their hand at scripting this, they're more than welcome to apply.
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ ||| [PyWright port scrapped for now]Topic%20Title

Thanks for the interest Shizuka, it's no problem.

Due to lack of community feedback/support, I'm going to drop this endeavor, seeing as it's clear there's no real demand for this kind of community-oriented project.

I still have assets organized thanks to OrderoftheNick though, so if I pursue this again in the future, I'll start from there.

Additionally, before I rekindle this idea, I'll try to have scripts of all the scenes out translated from AAO's version, (just without PyWright-based coding), so that no one has to worry about copy/pasting dialogue from the editor for next time.
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ ||| [Soundtrack Released!]Topic%20Title

Also, forgot to mention, but the soundtrack is also out! Enjoy.

SILENCE!

This game was pretty good I would love to see a part 3 :phoenix:

^I'd love to see ED's take on how he's going to direct tGens, since he has full control/rights to Part 3. Thanks for the praise :)

Apollon Flame

Huddini wrote:
^I'd love to see ED's take on how he's going to direct tGens, since he has full control/rights to Part 3. Thanks for the praise :)

Looks like it's the start of ED's generation! :D *badum-tish*
A King

in name

alone...

The one with many faces

From a 2nd generation writer to a 4th generation writer. Boy will this be interesting. :p
That, of course, refers to me writing for Young Mia to Apollo Justice ;)

Regarding the PyWright translation, I'd be more than happy to help with that. I'm getting to grips with Pywright, and I've been using it for a week and already know how to have a complete investigation, I know the in and outs of the trials quite well too. Psyche locks and perception I'm lost on, but I'm assuming that won't be a problem, as TGENS doesn't even have Psyche locks..

As for Part 3, are you starting that on Pywright or are you going to first make it on AAO? :godot:

Edit: whoops, didn't realize someone else was doing part 3. my bad :udgey:

Haha Eureka, you seem to be on a roll learning about Pywright, keep it up man!

Although the plans to do a pywright port is dead due to a general lack of interest from the community. Tough, seeing as majority here always seems to hate playing AAO cases, and what better way to solve that problem than to bring it to a much loved platform like PyWright? ...

As far as I'm concerned, tGens is personally dead to me, as I never intended to develop anything else past Part 2. Though at least it's still going to be carried on by someone else, right? :)

If you're interested in porting the first two parts, the resources (except for stock sprites inside the AAO editor) are all out there released to the public. I'm sure you can get a team and pull off the porting process if you'd like, though I wouldn't recommend it since the effort would be poinltess if there's no demand

I like AAO, but it has limited functionallity, having to re-write something you could just copy/paste in Pywright. I think if Meph and Unas(?) Could put like a developer view in it would be very helpful.

Sad to see you abandon the project though - really enjoyed it.
Spoiler:
especially evil :phoenix:

Hope to see some new work of yours soon though, really refreshing and was totally original, while not being overly complex either.

Eurekajuice wrote:
I like AAO, but it has limited functionallity, having to re-write something you could just copy/paste in Pywright. I think if Meph and Unas(?) Could put like a developer view in it would be very helpful.

Sad to see you abandon the project though - really enjoyed it.
Spoiler:
especially evil :phoenix:

Hope to see some new work of yours soon though, really refreshing and was totally original, while not being overly complex either.

-There is a function named (I think) called export raw data, so it basically lists all these lines in a neat table to show via text format the dialogue, and the effects/sound effects/graphics utilized per frame, and even a table dedicated to all the evidence/profiles that would be utilized in the court record. It looks like something PyWright could spew out, and something that anyone interested in porting an AAO case can use as an easy reference for copying/pasting all the dialogue along with certain codes for pywright usage. Only issue is, that's alotttttt of lines of dialogue to copy/paste.
Actually, here is the text file for just part 1. If you scroll to where the background changes to grey color, it gives you a pretty neat idea of what I'm talking about:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8066810/AAO/AA%20trial%20decoder%20by%20henke37.htm
If Unas would have made the AAO platform to be more open-sourced so someone like Saluk could have an easier time writing his AAO-to-PyWright app, it would've made things much easier to attempt, porting-wise. But when Saluk proposed such an idea, Unas basically told him that Saluk could do it himself without any sort of help/change on Unas's end, so there's that...

-I'm glad you enjoyed it, that's always nice to hear, seeing as it was a trial that contained a playground of experiments for ED and I. Case/Story wasn't really top priority, but it's still a surprise that this case has had such positive reception on this regard, as there are many apparent issues, specifically with the case logic. So it's always refreshing to hear other players having a great experience with what we released so far :). Though you should thank ED more, since he helped ensure that the case was top notch technical-wise. Many of my ideas wouldn't be possible without his expertise on that front.

-That's a very motivating comment!
...Sadly, I don't think you should have any expectations for looking forward to any future works from me. I've quit fangame development (at least for AA), and I have no more interest to commit to another project. With DD out, it's cool to see even the smallest detail being added/ingrained into an official game that tGens did years ago, so there's that :P

It's a lot to commit too, something I can definitely agree with you on. It's like you'll be doing it one day, fine and dandy. The next you'll feel this overwhelming sense of both boredom and writer's block. The thing that irritates me the most Is getting all the resources, and uploading them. I've signed up for the newest AAO competition (something to do with the concept of advancing in time) - I'm hoping the fact that there's a deadline will motivate me to carry on with it. Wouldn't want to be a buster and drop out...
Page 3 of 4 [ 122 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games