GS/PW Look-a-likes

For all chat related to Phoenix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban. Please use the spoiler tag!
Post Reply
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

GoingforMiles wrote:I hope I'm not the only one who can see this... Anyway, I was drawing all the defene attorneyes from AA, including Aristotle Means, and before I had drawn his hair, beard and glasses he looked excactly like John Tickle from Brainiac. Looking at the real deal(s) now, I see some kind of similarity.

Image Image
Oh dear. I can see it!
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Mirii-chan
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 455
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Mirii-chan »

I think Kangyul from the Korean webtoon, In Full Bloom, looks a lot like Simon Blackquill. Especially when it turned out Kangyul was a past death row convict. I couldn't find many good pictures from the series, so the one I found doesn't show quite how similar looking they are.
Spoiler: Big Picture
ImageImage
Image
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Sligneris »

Clearly, after being proven innocent in a retrial he changed his name and moved out of Japanifornia ;)
 
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

Sarushiro and Louis from Hotel Dusk.
Image
Image

...with Shigaraki's puffy hair and sad excuse for a moustasche.
Image
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

GoingforMiles wrote:Sarushiro and Louis from Hotel Dusk.
Image
Image

...with Shigaraki's puffy hair and sad excuse for a moustasche.
Image
Wonderful!
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Alonso Swift
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am
Custom Title: Ace Explorer
Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Alonso Swift »

I swear, Franziska looks like an older version of Youmu Konpaku (Touhou Project)
Spoiler: size
ImageImage
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Sligneris »

Well, that heavily depends on which fan art of Youmu you're going to choose as reference... xD

But they do share some characteristics, I admit.
 
Church Of Sumire
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6446
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Church Of Sumire »

AlonsoSwift wrote:I swear, Franziska looks like an older version of Youmu Konpaku (Touhou Project)
Spoiler: size
ImageImage
I honestly don't see the resemblance between the two especially with the reference picture. :ron:
Alonso Swift
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am
Custom Title: Ace Explorer
Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Alonso Swift »

Fool Bright wrote:
AlonsoSwift wrote:I swear, Franziska looks like an older version of Youmu Konpaku (Touhou Project)
Spoiler: size
ImageImage
I honestly don't see the resemblance between the two especially with the reference picture. :ron:
Sligneris wrote:Well, that heavily depends on which fan art of Youmu you're going to choose as reference... xD

But they do share some characteristics, I admit.
:ka-whip: (gets penalized)

Yeah... It's tough finding the right reference... 'Specially considering that it was a job and a half finding a pic of her that didn't make her look 12... :sillytrucy:
Maybe this one's a bit better?
Spoiler: Size again
Image
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
Church Of Sumire
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6446
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Church Of Sumire »

Now that's much better xD. You can see more of the resemblance now with that picture.
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

I was drawing Neil Marshall and at first he looked too much like Orlando Bloom, however when comparing the two of them I'd say there are some similarities between them.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
The same thing happened when I drew Mike Meekins and he reminded me of Justin Bieber, and Candice Arme of Kim Jong-Un, but I think that was mostly unfortunate accidents.

Also, I found Maya in Uglies: Shay's story. Behold:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

I can't decide if I find that Maya-hellspawn rather cute or just disturbing.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

When I first saw Richard Wellington I immediately thought of the young crook, dandy and assassin Montparnasse from Hugo's Les Misérables. :wellington: He looked rather similar to my mental image of him, but then I realized that the main reason for me going "Montparnasse" was this:
Spoiler:
Image

Montparnasse from an anime version. He looked even more similar in the anime, I couldn't really find a good picture of him. It's not very visible here, but he has quite a lot of lower eyelashes as well. I was going to paste a picture of Wellington as well(ington), but then I realized... I do have a pretty good avatar for that. :godot:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
nwghibli
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:56 am
Custom Title: Call me Kass.
Contact:

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by nwghibli »

WaitingforGodot wrote:When I first saw Richard Wellington I immediately thought of the young crook, dandy and assassin Montparnasse from Hugo's Les Misérables. :wellington: He looked rather similar to my mental image of him, but then I realized that the main reason for me going "Montparnasse" was this:
Spoiler:
Image

Montparnasse from an anime version. He looked even more similar in the anime, I couldn't really find a good picture of him. It's not very visible here, but he has quite a lot of lower eyelashes as well. I was going to paste a picture of Wellington as well(ington), but then I realized... I do have a pretty good avatar for that. :godot:
In my modern les mis au cast (lol), I cast Ezra Miller as Montparnasse. In my ace attorney fancast, I cast Ezra Miller as Wellington.

Image
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

nwghibli wrote: In my modern les mis au cast (lol), I cast Ezra Miller as Montparnasse. In my ace attorney fancast, I cast Ezra Miller as Wellington.
Rather fitting! He is pretty. And, exactly: Coincidence? Nah.

My faceclaims for the boy Montparnasse would be these dapper fellows:
Spoiler:
Image

Image

And possibly: Image
I can definitely see some Wellington there as well.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

I think Adele looks a bit like a "softer, sweeter" version of Norma DePlume on some pictures. The make-up, round face and light hair, for instance. Also, I think both of them are quite the lookers.
Spoiler:
Image


Image
And... oh my dear, this is vile. I will never be able to unsee it. I thought about Stickler's small eyes, cheekbones, hollow cheeks and dark hair... and realized that he looks a bit like...
Spoiler:
Image


Image


Benedict Cumberbatch. I'm damn happy I don't find Cumberbatch attractive, because that would have ruined it all for me.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

Stickler and...? I object! That's... objectionable! Luckily I disagree, so I will unsee it the moment I leave this thread.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

GoingforMiles wrote:Stickler and...? I object! That's... objectionable! Luckily I disagree, so I will unsee it the moment I leave this thread.
I'm happy for you. I will never be able to unsee it.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by dimentiorules »

I've never watched Doctor Who, so I don't really care either way. That's what he's in, right? 'Cause if it's not, then I'm really going to be embarrassed. :bellboy:
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Alonso Swift
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am
Custom Title: Ace Explorer
Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Alonso Swift »

dimentiorules wrote:I've never watched Doctor Who, so I don't really care either way. That's what he's in, right? 'Cause if it's not, then I'm really going to be embarrassed. :bellboy:
No, he's from Sherlock. They're both BBC shows, so I can kinda see the confusion. It's all good.
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
Klonoahedgehog
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am
Custom Title: Gardevoir lover
Location: Puerto rico

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Klonoahedgehog »

The victim in the third case of Trials and tribulations looks like George lopez.
Image
My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

dimentiorules wrote:I've never watched Doctor Who, so I don't really care either way. That's what he's in, right? 'Cause if it's not, then I'm really going to be embarrassed. :bellboy:
Well, I don't watch Doctor Who either. :godot:

...I haven't seen Sherlock in a while and at the moment I don't feel too interested in it (I did like it, though, and I intend to watch more of it), but, well. He's a competent actor and Stickler is vile. But now I mostly think it's funny (yet distracting) because so many people are going on about how attractive they find the lad and all I can think is Stickler.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Church Of Sumire
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6446
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Church Of Sumire »

Dear god! O_O

Image
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by dimentiorules »

Fool Bright wrote:Dear god! O_O

Image
That's photoshopped, isn't it? It has to be. I wonder what the original image looked like.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Church Of Sumire
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6446
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Church Of Sumire »

dimentiorules wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:Dear god! O_O

Image
That's photoshopped, isn't it? It has to be. I wonder what the original image looked like.

Well ofcourse its photoshopped and all you gotta do is just look him up in google
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by dimentiorules »

Fool Bright wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:Dear god! O_O

Image
That's photoshopped, isn't it? It has to be. I wonder what the original image looked like.

Well ofcourse its photoshopped and all you gotta do is just look him up in google
Yeah, but you can make anyone look like anyone else if you photoshop them. That image doesn't impress me much.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Church Of Sumire
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6446
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Church Of Sumire »

dimentiorules wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
Image
Yeah, but you can make anyone look like anyone else if you photoshop them. That image doesn't impress me much.
Well then don't look at it because I was never trying to impress you :hotti:
bratty waifu
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1728
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am
Custom Title: ★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★
Location: Heartland Province
Contact:

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by bratty waifu »

dimentiorules wrote:
Fool Bright wrote: Well ofcourse its photoshopped and all you gotta do is just look him up in google
Yeah, but you can make anyone look like anyone else if you photoshop them. That image doesn't impress me much.
Impressing you wasn't the goal. It's a comical image.
♡ Facebook ☆ Kidd & Milky Comics ♡
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: ASTRO BOY / Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

Spoiler:
Image
Polly wants brain.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

GoingforMiles wrote:
Spoiler:
Image
Polly wants brain.
And sporting a Simon-esque ponytail, or so it seems. (And, perhaps, a bust á la Max?)

Anyhow: That's adorable.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Church Of Sumire
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6446
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Church Of Sumire »

For some reason he reminds me of Godot

Image
Last edited by Church Of Sumire on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

Fool Bright wrote:For some reason he reminds me of Godot

Image
I can't really see it... Is it the beard?
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Church Of Sumire
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6446
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Church Of Sumire »

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:For some reason he reminds me of Godot

Image
I can't really see it... Is it the beard?
Probally the color scheme of the outfit and the beard
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

Ah! Now I see it much clearer.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Church Of Sumire
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6446
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Church Of Sumire »

WaitingforGodot wrote:Ah! Now I see it much clearer.
Hate that anime though xD
Cravat of Doom
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am
Custom Title: earthlings on fire
Location: Hazakura Temple

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Cravat of Doom »

Justin Trudeau is doing a speech right now at what I believe is a LPC convention, and I think he looks rather like Phoenix:
Spoiler: Big photo
Image
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

I'm guessing this one has already been mentioned, especially since so many people here seem to watch animes, but I think it deserves to be mentioned again, I mean, it's got everything right down to shiny glasses. Hello Kristoph's lost twin from Hellsing.

Image
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Klonoahedgehog
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am
Custom Title: Gardevoir lover
Location: Puerto rico

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Klonoahedgehog »

Ckay terran kind of reminds me of Tai from Digimon.
Image
My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Darth Wiader »

Miemoko wrote:Sorry for the double post- I forgot how to delete comments, and if we even can :payne:
Please ignore my post above ==;
GCMiekoV wrote:Not sure if this have been said already but..
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Tell me i'm not the only one who thinks that guy looks like.... @__@
Spoiler:
Image
Well.. maybe not their faces or anything.. but the clothes look damn similar @__@ kinda.. almost xP :payne:
I just saw Rov's post-
Rov wrote:I guess nobody around here watches Tiger & Bunny (well, neither do I, actually, but I still see/hear about it all the time).

There's an uncanny resemblance between Kotetsu T. Kaburagi and Godot/Diego Armando
Image
Sorry for this ==;;
It gets even weirder after watching the series:
Spoiler: SPOILERS FOR THE LAST EPISODE!
Image

Not to mention that in episode 20 he almost drank a mug of poisoned/drugged coffee (unlike Godot, he prefers coffee with cream, though)!!

So, either this is one big freakin' coincidence, or there are some people in Sunrise Studios who are fans of Gyakuten Saiban series.
Image
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

Creepy!
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Post Reply