Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 2[ 61 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Your feelings of the gameTopic%20Title

...Hopefully someday... xD

Ok, let's face it.
We are going to get at least few of these, so why not do it beforehand?

*And if I've forgotten that we already had this, lock it up*

So, those who have allready beaten it...How did ya like it?
That's it in a peanut, I guess :P

Personally; I can't wait for next week.
Propably going to get it allmost right away.
Lets see...19th day...it's friday, 'ight?
Hmm...Propably getting it in week after that.
Saturday or sooner.

My expections are still pretty high, eve though I've been spoilered pretty badly.
(thanks a lot for some people)
Yet; I still want to see everything in action.

The new game style? Heh...I think it suits more prosecutors and that stuff.
I really wish that all future games where you are prosecutor will go like this,
while GS5 would continue old Nick/Apollo style.
This is propably only me, though...

But like I said: I'm getting my hands on it sooner or later.
When I myself have completed, I'll sum my thoughts up here.

To sum up this pretty...confusing message...Begin!
ImageImageImageImage
Re: My feelings of itTopic%20Title

My favourite Ace Attorney game. I really liked GK/AAI. The character development was awesome and I loved the plot :)

It doesn't help that the music was orchestral and really, really, awesome.
So I just finished...(Mega Spoilers)Topic%20Title

Fanboy Hunter

I have to say, this game was amazing. If Apollo Justice was at level 2, AAI was at level 10. Although not quite as good as Phoenix Wright, it was very close. The thing that really pissed me off was that there was no Phoenix (although tons of references to him, his appearance was not there and neither was his name.)

I give the game 9.1 out of 10.
Click pic below.
Re: So I just finished...(Mega Spoilers)Topic%20Title

Humph.

Re-play Case 3. Phoenix DOES appear in a boat with Maya and Pearls. Done.

Also, why is thread even alive?

EDIT: This was, actually, a different thread. I never replied here, it's a small 2 post thread about "how I beat the game" and so on. I was replying to the guy above me who made a pointless thread.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.
Bought an apartment at the Otaku.

Last edited by Akbey Hicks on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: So I just finished...(Mega Spoilers)Topic%20Title

Fanboy Hunter

Edit: Way to throw me under the bus.
Click pic below.

Last edited by KingRei on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: You feelings of the gameTopic%20Title

Louco é quem me diz e não é feliz

Just finished the game some minutes ago :)
My thoughts: I really like it. I think the plot of the game is one of the best.
I hope in the future games as a defense attorney the investigation part will be like the AAI-walking-in-the-background-with-your-little-sprite :D

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

I didn't like the ending. It ended. :edgy:

Seriously, case 5 was too long for me (for an unsatisfying breakdown IMO), case 3 had some deductions that made no sense, and my favorite characters got arrested.
Spoiler: The ones that got arrested
Tyrell Badd, Ernest Amano and Quercus Alba.

On the other hand, it has an awesome soundtrack, the cases were interesting, and the deductions were enjoyable, save half of case 3. I would call it on par with the other 4 games.

Wherever you go, I will be there.

It is my favourite, but at most points, I found myself yelling 'LET ME FUCKING INVESTIGATE!'

Waaaaaaaaaay to many Rebuttals/ Cross-Examinations in this game.
Even AA1-AA4 didn't have this many... :sadshoe:

Signature by Myself
Sister of BSX and ChocolateXCheese

[Words]

I love it, probably my favourite AA game ever. I prefer cross-examining people outside of court because it's nice to have a change of pace,
Spoiler: Case 4 spoilers
although the showdown with Callisto Yew in court was awesome!
and I liked a lot of the new characters. Case 3 was probably my least favourite case, but the rest were good, plus there was a ton of cameos in this game, lots of awesome lines, and I liked the new gameplay mechanics. I'd give this one a 10/10 because it just seems to surpass all the other already awesome AA games.

The joint-best AA game I've played. It's got a fantastic storyline, the characters are brilliantly developed and the music is pretty good too. The only problems I had about it was that there were no court scenes...so we're going to have to wait to properly play as a prosecutor and that there wasn't much humour in it as the past AA games, where I've had a good laugh. I'll give it 92% out of 100%, the same score I would give T&T and just a couple of percent ahead in front of the first game.

Watch me as I gravitate...ahahaha

My thoughts so far...Topic%20Title

Why did I have ham in my pocket...?

Just finished the third chapter, and here are some of my thoughts so far.

One of the only bad things I've seen so far is that Miles himself just sorta becomes Phoenix when he's out and about. He's just playing the straight man character and I feel like he loses some of his identity. He might as well be Phoenix Wright.

However I must say the flow of the game is the best yet. Because all of the main parts of the game are structured around "Arguments" and "Rebuttals" it makes the game less credible and more ridiculous. In the first games at least being in a courtroom gave the game credibility when it came to forcing people to talk. Here it makes you REAAAALLY wonder why people don't just shut the hell up and stop incriminating themselves.

However because the investigation and arguments are seemlessly blended together there is no down time. Every person I've talked to would agree that the courtroom scenes in the first games are FAR superior to the investigation sequences. Here there is never a period of time when you're just anxiously waiting to go back to the courtroom, which is great in my opinion. Again though it adds to the silliness factor in return.
Re: My thoughts so far...Topic%20Title

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Finished it just today. Definitely a good game with nice music and a solid script.

Still... Even if there are copious cross-examinations...I sorely miss the thrill of the courtroom and the epic burden of proving your client innocent. I'd rate it significantly above GS3 and slightly below GS2. For reference, here's how the games stack up to me:

1. GS1
2. GS4
3. GS2
4. GK
5. GS3

I'm not at all trying to say that GK is bad, it's just that the others are that good, so however enjoyable GK was, the others rank higher still.

Totally not my sig...
Re: Your feelings of the gameTopic%20Title

I rushed through the game because I was afraid of getting spoiled before I finished. :P I still enjoyed it, though, and I look forward to playing it again at a more leisurely pace so I can give it a better review!

First of all, I have to admit that I'm biased. I love Edgeworth, Franziska and Gumshoe, so of course I was gonna love a game that had them as main characters. But was the game itself good? I'm not sure. I will say that I had a lot of fun being able to see the whole environment and all the characters on screen at once. It made investigating a lot more fun.

My biggest praise for the game is that all the cases were connected together as one single storyline, which is a first for an Ace Attorney game. It certainly was interesting! My one real complaint is the last case. It dragged out, and ultimately the conclusion was unsatisfying. The final boss was basically a Gant clone. :(

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Kartoon Kween wrote:
The final boss was basically a Gant clone. :(

An imperfect Gant clone at that! No one can match the wonderful mannerisms, smooth dialogue, and impeccably eccentric design of the original! :gant:

Plus,
Spoiler:
Alba resisted defeat for ENTIRELY too long! I love an AA villain that holds out until the bitter end, but I really think they overdid it a bit with that one!

Totally not my sig...

Mostly human

Finished it this evening. I probably had a rather diluted experience compared to others, I'd spoiled myself on all of the killers and characters beforehand (due to poor self-control, but it helped me to mod the section at least) and I'd already played through the 1st 3 cases on my emulated version before buying the game and playing it through fully. Despite that, I still lapped it up, there's just nothing quite like Ace Attorney.

I think like a lot of people what I really like about the game is the whole change in perspective. Being able to properly poke around in the crime scene is a lot better than being cemented to one spot in each location in the first 4, and being able to see everyone in an area at once gives conversations a much better flow and allows for more far out situations like Lang's 100 man army. Edgeworth himself was also a highlight, being very competent yet so often unintentionally hilarious and it was good playing as someone who really knew what they were doing.

Spoiler: nitpicking-spoilers for the whole game
It has its problems though, I thought the game itself was a bit too formulaic in terms of its murderers, in almost every case it was the character that you had clashed swords/talked with least. The nature of the plot also meant that most of the villains also have essentially no motives either, combine that with the previous point and you end up with villains with little characterisation or backstory (the only real case where this was averted was Yew), this is probably most irritating with Alba; how did he become leader? How did he go from a distinguished War hero to a "you are all beneath me" smuggling overlord? Compared to the villains of the last few games he certainly looked the part, but otherwise he pales in comparison.

The use of cameos was a mixed bag. Case 4 handled cameos well, unexpected use of characters and one that gave us new insight to Edgeworth's backstory. On the other hand, case 3 goes way overboard, with none of the cameos being necessary or important, as a result the characterisation and backstory of the 4 new characters for the case suffered.

All in all though these are fairly minor complaints, and given the lack of the original director I'm surprised at just how good a job they did, I'm looking forward to the next game they churn out, be it GS5 or AAI2.

Lucy Verity: Ace Attorney

I thought the game was great, imho. I really liked how they used the sprites during the dialog scenes, to me it's more interesting to watch than just being the main character's POV of seeing the other character talk. I also liked actually controlling the character to move to other areas as opposed to just pressing and choosing where you wanted to go. (I guess this is basically just what Nose said.) Does anyone think they should make the other AA games play like this? :edgy:
Am I the only one who thinks "snackoo" should be an onomatopoeia? *snackoo* *snackoo* *snackoo*
Klavier = piano, Phoenix fails at both, the end.
I could've sworn Klavier was an actual name...

Steel Samourai's Fan

I've finally got the game! Today! Only a hour ago! So I'm still in the first case, but I already LOVE it! I have one thing to say... I want that Steel Samourai's doll!!! NOW!!!! :will:

And :eh?: calling :edgeworth: a
Spoiler:
Rabbid Fan-Boy
was priceless!
Godot and his coffee cup, an eternal love!

Idol of Polar Bears

This is the most focused and cohesive Ace Attorney game Capcom has made. Not a single episode is wasted to introduce major plot points and characters and to give them relevance at the end. This game is all about the bigger picture; minor roles like
Spoiler:
Jacques' and Cammy's
were significant enough to be mentioned during the endgame portion. Even the characters who were merely mentioned
Spoiler:
(Cece, Deid, Colin/Oliver, etc.)
were given high regard. The ending was a treat too; it didn't just conclude the game, it left a lot of space open for a sequel (e.g. incarcerating the rest of the smuggling ring).

Praise aside, the game didn't spend too much time in explaining the smugglers' motives nor did it expand on Lang's distaste for the law and the courts. Something to consider in future games? I think so.

Spoiler: Case 2
Like Cammy; she actually seemed pretty shocked that she took a life with her own hands. She doesn't seem like the cold-blooded killer type to me. Maybe she was a stewardess who was coerced or forced into working for the ring? Maybe she discovered the ring's actions and they threatened to off her if she didn't help their operations? PERHAPS THE PLANE CAPTAIN WAS IN ON IT TOO?!

I agree with Nose; these characters need more backstory than the "They're evil by default" treatment.

In summary, a great job by Capcom and like I said earlier, "Bring on the sequel".

A mean lean loving machine

I got to say I really liked it, it's not my favorite AA game but it's up there. I really loved the whole logic system however deducing was kinda a lifebar pain. The new introduced characters were great to specially Kay,Lang and Badd however the game could have cut down a tad bit on the cameos. This game felt more like one big case instead of five little ones which I liked and disliked at the same time. Finding how everything connects is interesting but they never really got into the murderers back stories a lot and that disapointed me. As for the dialog there were plenty of really great lines in that mostly from the people I mentioned above plus gumshoe. I actually wish gumshoe would of had more lines at the end though an epic monolague would have been really cool from him. I think his relationship with kay though was one of my favorites of the whole series. Miles was a good lead character but dear god if you were to make a truth drinking game you would be plastered in like 10min it just felt like he repeated the same lines over and over again.

Now for where they'll go with the sequal who knows I have a lot of ideas one comes from a certain line from the third case
Spoiler:
gumshoe will say he was involved in a event when he was 16 now i wouldn't really think twice about it but he said this in AA1 to and it just seems weird to bring up if they aren't going to do anything with it maybe I'm just wishfully thinking though.....

Currently thinking up an genius siggy ...

I like it, but I feel like it's shorter and easier than the other games. At times, it feels more like a fanservice game than a full entry into the Ace Attorney series.

Call me Ishmael.

Best game in the series IMO. My list goes like this:

1. AAI
2. JFA
3. T&T
4. PW:AA
5. AJ:AA

My thoughts on the cases:
Spoiler: Contains spoilers for all cases, you have been warned
Case 1: Turnabout Visitor
Heh, this was not exactly perfect, but it was a good way to start the game. Taking down Portsman was fun. When you first finish it it doesn't feel like you've accomplished anything since there are still some holes (like the "visitor" and the evidences Portsman needed for example) but at the end of case 3 it starts to make sense. Also Maggey went from "cute" to "hot".

Case 2: Turnabout Airline
Another good case. I really liked the pacing and how they used the Logic feature in this one. I mean, putting things together in Edgeworth's head was fun. The villain was a bit predictable though, but what the heck, it's only the second case. I also liked the characters - Lablanc is obnoxious but he does feel like a great addition to the cast, Rhoda is cute and I love her interactions with Edgeworth, Cammy is okay.

Case 3: The Kidnapped Turnabout
This is where things start to get really good. There was a lot of fanservice in this case though. The Troupe Gramarye sign, the empty stage with a Gavinners logo and of course Phoenix, Maya and Pearl in a boat. I liked the park setting and Lauren. Also it introduces your assistant and your rival, both of which are cool characters. The twist with Amano came as a surprise to me, I really didn't see it coming. It was sort of like 2-4 except more lighthearted.

Case 4: Turnabout Reminiscence
Best case IMO. It's about as long as it needs to be and it's genuinely mysterious, unlike most cases. I liked Tyrell and Calisto. The part where Calisto pulls off a gun was... cool. I also liked it when Tyrell talked about Yatagarasu.

Case 5: Turnabout Ablaze
Epic, but not as awesome as 4. I liked the "war between too fictional countries" thing, because let's face it, politics > spirit channeling. Wouldn't mind seeing more of that in future games. Shih-na's revelation was... whoa. I'm still shocked. It was like 5 Crowning Moment of Awesomes in a row followed by a Tear Jerker (Tyrell retiring). Amazing work with that one scene. As for Alba, he was a decent main villain but to be complete honest... He could have been better. He was like a mix of Gant and von Karma, and the final boss battle dragged on for way too long. I like the fact that he would have gotten away if it wasn't for one spilled drop of blood though.

Spoilerfree, quick review:
Writing: Uh... I don't know much about writing, but it was better written than in AJ and 1-5, that's for sure. 8/10, I guess.
Story: 9.5/10. The storytelling is great and all the cases are connected in a neat way. It's also somewhat unpredictable and pulled of well. Best story in the series, I dare say.
Characters: 9/10. The characters are as quirky as they should be - JFA/T&T quirky but not AJ quirky. Some of them were really interesting. There are too few of them, that's the only thing I didn't like. And to be honest.
Music: 10/10. 'Nuff said.
Gameplay: 8/10. It's better than in games 1-4 and I didn't miss the court phases at all.
Visuals: 8/10, mainly because the sprites are more "animated" and less pixel-y than before.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Last edited by Marche Tobaye on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bee Enthusiast

I just beat the game a few minutes ago and I loved it! I couldn't possibly have asked for anything better. It was funny, quirky, beautifully rendered, had a strong story, and everyone remained lovable. Also, it was fun to be Edgeworth--very different from Phoenix, but still excellent. Oh, and lots of Gumshoe! How can you beat that?

I just finished the game a while ago too, and I loved every minute of it. I loved the level of detail on the sprites, and I like how there's a bit more conception of space in the locations. And as already mentioned, I loved how every single case was tied to each other. One of the things that bugged me about previous GS games was that there would usually be at least one filler case in the middle before you get to the epic last case or two. In AAI, you have to play all the cases to get the full picture.

A couple of things did bother me though.
Spoiler:
It seemed a bit redundant with who the killers turned out to be, and not to mention that the accused in the cases almost always happened to have something missing on their person that makes them look suspicious (at least in the first 3 cases).
Case 1: The master key stolen from Maggey
Case 2: The The security key stolen from Rhoda
Case 3: The gun dropped from Meekins

I also didn't like the fact that in almost every case, the initially accused person is someone we know isn't the real killer:
Case 1: Maggey (we know her from previous games, and she's too klutzy to kill anyone)
Case 2: Rhoda (she's the only exception)
Case 3: Meekins (we know him from 1-5, and we know he's not capable of anything)
Case 4: Gumshoe (he's been in every single game, which by now tells us he's too much of a softie)
Case 5: Kay (it just doesn't make sense that she would kill anyone because of her morals, but imagine what a twist it would've been if she WAS the killer XD)

Oh yes, and I actually loved the fact that in Case 5:
Spoiler:
Larry and Oldbag actually contributed to the case instead of merely supplying fanservice.

My list goes

1. T&T
2. PW: AA
3. AAI
4. AJ Tie
5. JFA

Of course, I like the all. But.

I really miss the courtroom gameplay. I didn't let myself into any spoilers before I played, so I thought I was supposed to go up against defense attorneys, which never happened ;;

and also
Spoiler: case 3 somewhat spoiler? Not really
I wish Phoenix was in it more. That one boat scene wasn't enough for me ;; Actually I kind of missed it. Going to replay later

I do like playing as Edgeworth though, since he's my favorite character and all. I just kind of miss his interaction with Nick

The Potatoe's NOT a lie!! *cheers*

Location: Having fun in the land of potatoes! (Ahh! Potatobadger!)

A mixed feeling of gratification and dissapointment to be precise.

Don't get me wrong, the game was great, and I enjoyed every moment of it. However...

Spoiler:
You don't even meet Kay or Shi-Long until the third case, and left too little for me to fully absorb their characters. They make up for it in case 4 for Kay...but still I wish there was more Shi-Long in there.

I think everyone has pretty much already stated my main sentiments, however...

Allow me to begin by saying that this is definitely the highest quality AA game yet. The sprites are beautiful, the music was splendid, and the gameplay was airtight (save some strange logic instances). It really seemed to be simply "next generation" instead of how AJ was just kind of... the same.

The story was great, too. Each case was isolated, but still weaved together by a common thread. It was pulled off excellently, and I enjoyed the darker, more serious atmosphere it conveyed. Not only that, but the new characters, especially Badd, Kay, Lang, and Yew (just her personality) were all freaking awesome.

It was not, however, without its faults as well. As others have mentioned, it is far too redundant at times, with who the killers turn out to be and certain instances surrounding the cases. Also:
Spoiler: "case 5"
Yew disappointed me. Her entire backstory ended up just being, "She was always part of the Ring, liek, OHNO!" Not only that, but the Alba battle was built up too much for only an anticlimactic breakdown. He avoided capture for way too long, but this is also due to how freaking convoluted the case was. I used to think the more crazy the better, but this case went a tad overboard. And finally, Alba's character himself was weak. We never found out about his motives or history, besides a few comments, or, really, anything about the character.

All in all, it was great, and is right there under the original AA and JFA. However, they could have done better.

Also, I miss being in court! :larry:

Idol of Polar Bears

Kaiami wrote:
Spoiler: case 3 somewhat spoiler? Not really
I wish Phoenix was in it more. That one boat scene wasn't enough for me ;; Actually I kind of missed it. Going to replay later

Capcom were actually wise to not include him as a prominent character. Besides, Edgeworth references him plenty of times during inner monologue.

momento wrote:
Spoiler: "case 5"
Not only that, but the Alba battle was built up too much for only an anticlimactic breakdown. He avoided capture for way too long

Like how a final villain should be; persistent until the definite end.

Last edited by Mr. Bear Jew on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

...Hopefully someday... xD

Sorry to 'revive' it, but time for my own thoughts.
...Meh...Forget the previeous apology...
It hasn't been that long yet.

Anyway; I just finished the crap a moment ago and...maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...
That was...Amazing!

I try to put this short, but it just might be the best AA -game (at least for me) yet!
...Sad fact that it happens to be a spinnoff game....
It like...Godot drinking tea instead of coffee, or at least using milk and sugar in it.
Could I have been able to put it more confusing?

The fact that three of five cases are actually flashback was kinda confusing at first,
but in the end player gets it nicely.

The new game style...It's actually nice for a change, though I hope the future games have the same defence attorney style.
Let this thing to be just for possible AAI sequels.
The logic system was a clever idea and is prettty cool.
Finally YOU have to think and not just let the game say what is the correct answer, though there are still much of that stuff too.
The only bad thing i that sometime you have totally the right idea, but the game accepts it with just and only whit these two things, even though you'd get the same thing with other one.
That's not that big deal though, since it doesn't happen more than only twice in the game if I recall right.
Though you might get annoyed by it...Meh...Your fault, you thought it wrong! :D

The thing with sprites and music...Frankly, I like the sprites in AA and AJ style more than the works in AAI style.
Those are just so colorful that they're kinda easy to make, though it limits the recolor works we'll see.
It's just that...They had to use limited colors with AA and AJ ones making them more like art to me.
I'm not saying AAI sprites are ugly or anything, no for heavens sake.
They're too cool infact, but I just find them to be too colorful in my taste; that's all.
If you like them more that's your business so don't go moaning over this, K?

The other thing with the sprites is that I find some of the poses too used.
I mean...Far too many villains seem to have a leaning pose and then just madly laughing.
The breakdown are too familliar with eacothers.
Though it is quite hard to make anything totaly new after five games and 23 cases so it is understandable.
Though I still complain a bit about the fact that every villain seems to have that mad laugh thing when they're done.

Yup. The music?
Fit's to game really well and is so Edgey like in my taste.
At first, when I listened the OST for first time, I didn't like that many songs in it.
Kay's theme, Badd's theme, Lang's theme, ItT and Pursuit theme were the only ones I actually really liked,
but the I actually hated the confrontation themes and so I did all the case five music.
However, after playing the game I found them quite good actually.
Prologu musics fit well, investigation music fits well; and even though you'll hear LOT of it, it won't matter. They just fit to mood that well.
At first I thought that the tricks theme sounded too much like just random blibgs and blungs, but after hearing them for quite many times...Well...You know.
Really loving the whole ost now, even the two embassies theme. Relaxing and fits whenever Palaeno is somwhere.
I find it nice and relaxing and...well as you can see from reading this; I've totally changed my mind over it.

As the plot? Well in that are this is simply far the best game yet.
The cases ]or at least the characters in them] finally had some deeper meaning to background story,
and there wasn't just five random cases with some bigger backstory.
Allthough AJ did get close to that, just AAI has made it so far.
You guys know what I mean...If not; please don't ask me to try clear this...I already did try to type what I mean more clearer in this message, but let's just say I went bit over too much...
Anyway, the story is great. So far most and best plot twists yet and the last cases villain...Just perfect!
Maybe nothing as they were in 1-4, 1-5, 2-4, 3-5 or 4-4, but he surely knew how to fight back.
Can't wait what kind creep they come up with in the next game.

I even have something to say 'bout the ending.
When I made it to the end and the "victory" (I prefer the using of conclusion in AAI) theme began playing;
It felt so awesome. Like I'd achieved something really big by beating that...Last villain...*Damnit spoilers! :D*
The end was so relaxing but the heart still didn't stop beating fast.
It's the first time I've felt this way with AA game, though I did have the same feel of joy and wistful feelings with me too.
I don't know what but this just felt bit different...somehow.

Overally, like I said, this just might be the best AA game yet.
Kinda ironic that it has to be the spinnoff serie one, but still.

I'd give it out of /10.
+ Cool new features like the logic system and the new gameplay style
+ Nice easter eggs for the players who have played the other games. All from bellboy to Lotta.
+ No Phoenix. It is a good thing, since if he would have appeared it would have ruined Edgeys game. Nice that he is still referred to, and best that not directly mentioning him.
+ Music, sprites and backgrounds
+ New cast of characters who stay typical to other AA games
- You might get stck for long time during the investigation, just because you've forgotten to check one dust ball in the corner that ends up being a murder weapon (...Well...Not exactly but soemthing like this)
- The game may be bit easy, allthought in some parts it can be quite hard. It's in minus list because overally the hardness level bounces too much.
- Somehow you just want just a little more, even though you don't know what

This concludes my...well I guess you could call this as review in some way.
Good game and really worth of all the money you're going to spend over it.
ImageImageImageImage

Rawr

As a normal game it's awesome, as an Ace Attorney game it's solid. What surprisingly annoyed me is that there is just too many cameos and characters returning from previous games, while isn't really a bad thing but it does cut down the number of suspects. Case 5 is a good example. It just loses some of the mystery of the case. The amount of returning characters does make it feel a bit too much like fan service sadly.

Best thing is for me is that all cases were pretty well made. I only really had issues with case 2 but it wasn't that bad. You can tell Capcom put a lot of effort into it. I personally didn't see any holes in the overall story. I would give it 8.7

...Well, I was really looking forward to a great new ace attorney game... but sadly I was dissapointed, I give this game a 3/10 at most, (And I would rate it Less then that if Shi-Long-Lang wasn't in it.) But hopefully Capcom havn't lost their magic, and will make a great new GS5. :will:
Sig.

machinimator

I wouldn't call it the BEST Ace Attorney game, but only because the previous ones have a lot to live up to.

PROS
+The music. I was really psyched hearing the new Cross Examination music, especially because those are the most interactive moments in the game. My impression had always been that the Examination music for both GS3 and GS4 were completely unfitting and not 'tense' enough, even in the Allegro. Confrontation ~ Presto made up for it all though.

+Plot/how it happened. Nothing was unsatisfying about the intense revelations that came of the last case, and even the twists behind some of the leading cases were good. The only thing missing at times was a bit of personal involvement, something which usually comes with defending someone innocent.

+Characters. AJ sort of annoyed me with its characters being way too caricaturistic (just drilling in one word like "GANGSTER!" or "SCHOLAR!") and uncreative, or just plain annoying. Though Edgeworth himself is kind of a stick in the mud, it does fit well with the cast presented. Even people like the flight attendant and 'Juliet'-esque girl were pretty well-done. I also appreciated the change from Trucy to Kay. She's not a 'damsel' (the trouble Maya had) and she takes the situation seriously without getting sidetracked or teasing the protagonist (the trouble Trucy had) while still making amusing (and occasionally idiotic) commentary during investigation. All is as it should be!

+The changes to investigation seemed to go well. I remember one huge complaint people had for earlier games was being stuck not knowing which insignificant item to present to the one person who hasn't disappeared yet, and such. Logic was occasionally reduced to some kinda small figures; making me wonder if it might have been better even if a few red herrings were thrown in.

CONS
-I dunno about anyone else, but there's something a bit less dramatic about making accusations in a hallway than in a courtroom.

-Waaaay too much beating about the bush at times. I remember crossexam objections where they would go through a 15-part tangent conversation about the Steel Samurai's performance and Oldbag's love, before Edgeworth even reveals the item in question you presented. Worst part was that it wasn't even funny. The quotes gallery for this game is quite noticably smaller than in others, like at times they were just trying too hard. This could be an issue with the protagonist; Edgeworth is a bit less prone to humor than others. Of course, I also feel it might be from the streamlining of investigation.

-Might have been too easy at times. It's probably hard to know for the designers to know when the player has it, or how far the hints should be, but still, there were some really inexcusable times. Like such.

Edgeworth: Hmm...is there anything I can use to prove that?
Me: Yup, the autopsy report. Give me the prompt.
Edgeworth: But is there anything connected to the body I can use?...
Me: The autopsy report. I know. The contradiction is right there.
Edgeworth: Wait! That report I got from Detective Gumshoe earlier...!
Me: Oh, come on. There's only one item in the CR that's labelled a "report"...
Edgeworth: IT MUST BE THE AUTOPSY REPORT! WHERE DID I PUT IT? (touch your response below!)
Me: ....................that's it, I'm gonna present his prosecutor's badge just to see what happens.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

I've just beaten it. My thoughts, which are a bit jumbled.

Spoiler:
This was definitely better than Apollo Justice. There were five cases instead of four, and the ending wasn't a giant anticlimax (it actually felt like I won the game and the final question wasn't "Do you want to win the game? Yes/No"). I did have one problem with the final part, though, and that's how often "everything is doomed!" followed by someone saying "hold it!" was used. I liked it at first and gave me the same kind of feeling back in 1-4 of it being a team effort, but they overdid it unfortunately.

One problem was the villains. For the most part their stories feel...unfinished. This applies especially to Shih-Na, whose departure from the game is extremely abrupt and I expected the whole time we'd see something more of her at the end. Also, how DID Alba go from a decorated war hero into the head of a smuggling ring? This was the only game in the series where I was actually sort of hoping we'd see some of the villains in the epilogue (in prison obviously).

I did like the fact we saw a lot of old faces, but seriously...why was Ema in this game? Now I like Ema, but she contributes pretty much nothing. Larry and Oldbag contributed something to the story, Ema's appearance was extremely brief and may as well have been written out.

Also, why did they never even say Phoenix's name? I don't mind him not appearing, but I don't get why his name is somehow taboo.

Stuff I liked:
Larry and Oldbag. I'm sorry, but they just cracked me up.
The fact your lifebar doesn't go down as much when you mess up. The previous games practically forced save scumming (at least for me), so I think it was nice that this game was more lenient on mistakes. One thing I do wish they had done, though, was not kept the penalties so fixed. You always lose the exact same amount. Would've been nice if they had alternated it a bit, like sometimes making it higher than normal or lower than normal. Not too often, but it would've been cool to have it happen a few times.
Playing as Edgeworth was just plain great. Edgeworth isn't quite as funny as Phoenix in his verbal dialogue, but he more than made up for it with his hilarious inner snarking.
Franziska's back! Woohoo! I thought her younger self was also great, and especially loved the fact she had a smaller whip.
Kay was great, hope to see her in another game.

Overall, though, a very good game. I really wouldn't mind seeing another game in the Ace Attorney Investigations series. In the meantime, guess it's time to wait for the next normal Ace Attorney game...whenever they release it. Hopefully it'll also be really good!

1000% Knight

I really liked it.

My rankings:

AA>=(AAI/T&T?)>AJ>JFA

I know I don't like it more than AA. But I don't know if I like it the same as AA, or less than AA, and if I like it less than AA, I don't know how I like it compared to T&T. It's different, so I don't really know how to place it... Oh well, I'll figure it out eventually :P Either way, they're all great games (except 2-4 :nick: )
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

call me crazy

I can definitely say the game is amazing, and the case characters are by far I can say (but just my opinion), the most interesting and easily likable. Particularly the interaction between them (like comments in-game about Kay upstaging Gumshoe) and each to everyone's own unique quirks and quotes.

Though I think the deal of the game though is that I feel it really won't have the same impact to someone who is new to the realms of Ace Attorney, compared to a beloved fan from the start. Starting off with the many references and cameos, that are also somewhat important in certain scenarios, that really won't hit off with someone unfamiliar with them. Plus certain jokes that will kinda seem flat to someone without outside knowledge.

But overall, I find it great, but hopefully it will not replace the original format of the series...but it's also one of those things were you truly have to experienced in the older games to really appreciate it.

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

I finished the game afew years ago and I am currently replaying it I have just got up to case 4 and from what I have so far and what I remember, Overall it is an excellent game. The music is very well done my fav theme is persuit lying coldly and confess the truth and can't beat the yatagarasu theme. Case 3 has some odd inconsistances and logic leaps as I worked out 3 pieces of evidence that you could use to contridict a statement but the game only lets you use one :(

Overall i give it a 9 out of 10
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

currently stuck in P3 pitfall

justis76 wrote:
I love it, probably my favourite AA game ever. I prefer cross-examining people outside of court because it's nice to have a change of pace,
Spoiler: Case 4 spoilers
although the showdown with Callisto Yew in court was awesome!
and I liked a lot of the new characters. Case 3 was probably my least favourite case, but the rest were good, plus there was a ton of cameos in this game, lots of awesome lines, and I liked the new gameplay mechanics. I'd give this one a 10/10 because it just seems to surpass all the other already awesome AA games.

Yeah, same here too!! AAI1 is my all-time favourite AA game so far!! Also, the other reason I like AAI1 is because of more explanations between Edgeworth and Franziska (yep, I'm a sucker for the two of them XD).
uhh... still waiting for a new sig to be made...

[Whip the cream!]

It was good fun, I liked it more than I thought I would. The "big bad" was frustrating as hell, though, it took such a long time, and, hah... Uhm. But overall it was a really nice game with grand music and many fun characters.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Y'know

I disliked Turnabout Reminiscence. It was perfect at the start, but something really went wrong, when Edgeworth and Franziska kept saying something about "being considerate" or "being brave little girl" about Badd/Gumshoe and Kay respectively near the end.

I mean, are you serious...? I get it Miles and Franziska are close to each other and that is cool, but come on... Why would they care about whether or not that incompetent detective or that detective in charge of the case is considerate or not... That characterization was terrible.

Also, am I the only one who cringed at that courthouse design? Courtyard placed that way and that unnecessarily long hallway just to the restroom... I can't even imagine how the building itself should look, really.

I mean, this. This would have worked exactly the same. Actually, I think I'm gonna pretend it did.

Last edited by Nearavex on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

1000% Knight

Nearavex wrote:
I mean, this. This would have worked exactly the same. Actually, I think I'm gonna pretend it did.

...How? You can barely see the hallway from the restroom.
(The only point of Udgey's testimony was that he looked in the hallway through the window and saw Gummy wasn't there, but if he can only see a small part of the hallway, that testimony is meaningless.)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

It's not nearly as bad as Edgeworth's parking spot in 1-5 with a giant wall behind him
Page 1 of 2 [ 61 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby