Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 3[ 95 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Favourite Thing about AAI?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Well I'm sure we've all got our own little things...

This game seems to operate under completely different methods than the other games and so there must be something each of us likes best about this unique and fascinating game. Be it Edgeworth another character or simply the fact they all get cute little sprites of themselves I'd like to hear what you like BEST about it.

Please if spoilers need mentioned make sure you use appropriate tabs.

For me....though it may be rather 'morbid' in a way. I like it best how there are so many unique 'penalty scripts'. With the previous games it has always been a set three per character. However with so many witnesses and members of law enforcement giving testimony there are so many different methods of punishing Miles for when his logic goes awry. I always loved these bits because they are especially comedic so it pleases me to see so many in one game (though hopefully not too many at once).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?Topic%20Title

Don't eat the evidence!

I enjoy how well everything flows together from investigation phases to arguments and confrontations. It feels much more intuitive than the set in stone system that the other games use.

I'll admit that I was skeptical about Edgeworth getting his own game, it just felt like it would end up being a fanservice game. I have to admit though, that I rather enjoy Edgeworth as a main protagonist. I love his snippy remarks and inner thought processes a lot more than I did Phoenix.

I also love the Logic system, it's nice to get the general ideas around a case and connect them to find out more for the investigation. It makes the whole investigation feel more intuitive since you aren't just relying on people and evidence, but your own thoughts as well.
Awesome signature and avatar done by bibliomaniac!

I love how there's always some easter egg included in every episode of the game, be it character cameos or references. But as for the game itself, I really enjoyed how the cases were all connected in some way and was part of a major plot altogether. I also gotta say, Logic system is awesome.

I wanna study YOUR beauty

My favourite thing?

Tyrell Badd.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Cammy Meele is my favorite thing about this game.

That and the Announce the Truth theme.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Asian

My favourite thing? Edgeworth, hahah.
I like the game's format more. I like investigating and the Logic thing too. The music is one of the best in the series and I like the characters.

Oh, and Tyrell Badd. I love his theme song.
I love Shi-Long Lang too.
I ship Phoenix and Edgeworth and Phoenix and Iris.

The Potatoe's NOT a lie!! *cheers*

Location: Having fun in the land of potatoes! (Ahh! Potatobadger!)

Many things, such as the logic system and great music. Not to mention.

Spoiler: Possible spoiler?
We see that Edgey is a secret Steel Samurai otaku.

Asian

Ben Credable (PI) wrote:
Many things, such as the logic system and great music. Not to mention.

Spoiler: Possible spoiler?
We see that Edgey is a secret Steel Samurai otaku.

Made me lol. It's cute! Especially all the quotes he has in the last case towards the Butz.
I ship Phoenix and Edgeworth and Phoenix and Iris.

I wanna study YOUR beauty

bonjourpanda wrote:
I like the game's format more. I like investigating and the Logic thing too. The music is one of the best in the series and I like the characters.

Oh, and Tyrell Badd. I love his theme song.
I love Shi-Long Lang too.

Dude you totally read my thoughts, every one of them

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

I couldn't decide which of the games' soundtracks was my favorite until AAI blew them all away. Outside that, my favorite thing was the Yatagarasu. Move over, Mask*DeMasque, we got a new awesome thief.

:accordion-head: WHY DON'T YOU LOVE MEEEEEEEEE?

EDIT: Ooh, I also loved when young Kay blew her nose on Edgey's cravat! Hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing for a while.

Machine on the Inside

I like it because it's Capcom's apology for Apollo Justice.
ImageImage

Yew is an expert in playing tag!

♡ ♡ ♡

Well, of course....

the LAWgic.

*badum-dum TSHHH*
More art like my avatar at http://jellyprince.com~~

No

Lisabasil1959 wrote:

Haha, yes. =)

Gettin' Old!

Lisabasil1959 wrote:

Tch! AJ wasn't that bad.

That said AAI is like one giant mass of cameos where AJ had very few.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

9300 is OVER 9000 SPARTANS!

Gotta say, I loved it very much! :edgy: It'd probably be easier to list the things I didn't like because there was so much that I enjoyed.

I felt that Kay was an excellent heir to the spunky teen girl assistant crown. She seemed to have more character development devoid of her main quirk of thievery. The game also seemed more believable than the previous games, which I liked as well. And of course, the mini-sprites were glorious! My personal favorite was Gumshoe's "EEK!" sprite. All we need is a flashback case with some clapping Gant mini-sprites and I'll be set for life! And let's not forget the references to past games... those were fun too!

Spoiler:
I also liked how all five cases were connected to the smuggling ring, and how we learned more and more about the truth of each case the further we continued into the game. Though now I'm curious to know Calisto's true identity

The Robert Downey Jr. Of Cookies

I honestly can't think of anything major that I DON'T love about this game (I'm not quite finished yet). I think it's probably the funniest game in the series (in my opinion), which I love, and Kay is a solid addition to the cast. I also like how all the cases--all of them--are tied together by a common thread. While this does apply to most of the AA games, save for JFA, it seems especially true in this one.

The cameos also made me happy. For some reason, the Sal Manella cameo made me laugh hysterically, and seeing Phoenix, Maya, and Pearl in a boat together made me squee (Maya finally got the boat ride she wanted in 1-4!).

And I must agree with GigaHand on the cravat-as-a-hankerchief thing. I love how Edgey has a spare. XD
WARNING: My dA may contain swearing, bad fanart, and gratuitous lesbianism.
BTW, GIVE GUMSHOE SOME GODDAMN MONEY, BITCHES

A mean lean loving machine

Five things that make this game complete genius!
1. Logic the only thing I was kinda good at 2+2=4 horay!
2. Gumshoe mass stalking desires.... :hotti:
3. Rou cause he's the cutest badass you'll ever meat
4. Kay cause she's the cutest thief you'll ever meet plus her friendship with Gummy makes me smile.
5. Edgeworth's little sound effects every time he(I) failed.
Currently thinking up an genius siggy ...

The video game boy; the one who wins

I've only played 2 and ½ cases but so far, aside from the obvious thing; getting to play as Edgeworth (even though he is a bit too stuck up sometimes in this game) my favourite thing would have to be the walking, as I'm disproportionately amused by having Edgeworth walk back and forth in silly manners such as circling around Gumshoe, walking through Kay, walking straight ahead as far as possible so I can watch his ass and his swaying torso, getting close to Gumshoe, tapping the arrow several times to make him stumble across the scene and so on. And of course, bringing in those walking-figures also made this possible, which I found hilarious: (case 2)
Spoiler:

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Surf's Up!

I liked the way investigation parts are handled in this game (I'm one of the few people who like both the investigation and cross examining parts of AA equally), being able to control Edgeworth, the Logic segments, the soundtrack, having a decent "final boss" (since AJ's was pathetic), the contrast between Kay and Edgeworth, having Bratziska as a partner and the overall character design.

Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

The Logic mode and the Soundtrack. Not to mention the way you carry out the investigations, they're well made.
ImageImageImage

Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!

Logic feature and AAI investigations.

[Whip the cream!]

I haven't played it all yet, I'm on case 4, but there are several things I enjoy a lot, such as seeing Edgeworth and the von Karmas interact, Calisto Yew, Badd, the music, everyone treating Miles like a kid in case 4, as well as his reactions to it...
And there are a lot of funny lines as well.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

earthlings on fire

Spoiler:
when it ended

I'm just kidding-- I do like it despite my complaints. I liked the ability to walk around the crime scene. I don't think it would work as well for the regular series, but it was fun and refreshing in this game. The music was really good, too. And the ability to play Edgeworth's "first" trial was interesting and definitely my favourite case in the game.

Lots of Gumshoe, too. :)
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

[Whip the cream!]

Kay coming out of nowhere kicking Miles cracked me up for some reason. Perhaps because people coming out of nowhere kicking others often amuses me. Like the time Matt Engarde did that to me.

Cravat of Doom wrote:

And the ability to play Edgeworth's "first" trial was interesting and definitely my favourite case in the game.

Lots of Gumshoe, too. :)

Yes, I liked those aspects as well!

The possibilities are infinite with those mini-sprites. For example I found Edgeworth sliding down a pole hilarious.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
The possibilities are infinite with those mini-sprites. For example I found Edgeworth sliding down a pole hilarious.

That's true. The mini-sprites look so damn awkward as well, it's amusing.

Especially one time in AAI2 when several people arrives from an elevator and then they just startturning around a bit, all at the same time. Like, hello. Awkward.

The logic system and the cameos were pretty cool. But the thing I found hilarious was when
Spoiler:
Lang got Franzy's whip

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

It is small but one thing i really like is when edgeworth in doing the logic near the end of a case and it has the music play and flashes back to the parts that lead him to that point it always looks cool I think eg in case 2
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Kurain Fey! Lolness, behold~!

Da moosic! And Edgey of course! :pearl:
Kurain Fey! Spirit Medium at Law!

[Whip the cream!]

Oh, I really love seeing Franziska and Edgeworth working together. Franziska as his "superior" in case 5 is... cute. :acro:

And and and the relationship between Gumshoe and Kay. It's wonderful, they make the cutest pals.

Also, concerning the (good) music, I absolutely adore Two Embassies ~ The Countries of the Butterfly and the Flower, definitely one of my favourite tunes, not only in that game, but in all of AA.

A Seeker of Truth

I found being in Edgey's shoes for a whole game was a refreshing change of pace. His straight-laced attitude, confidence and intelligence made him feel like a more capable protagonist -sorry Phoenix, but you can sometimes be a dunce :phoenix: -as well as a more interesting one, if only because he was outside of the normal AA protagonist mold. Plus he's one of my favorite characters in the series (in the top 5, at least... though I'm not sure where :ron: ), so that helped to :edgey:

Beyond that, I enjoyed a lot about the game: I liked it's unique flow, a lot of the new characters (Kay Faraday, Shi-Long Lang, Callisto Yew, etc), a lot of the returning ones, the killer soundtrack and the overarching plot. That said, the one thing that bothered me plot wise was ...

Spoiler: AAI Case 5 Climax
The last part of the game, during the climax with Alba; I REALIZE he's an ambassador and a tough opponent, but the fact the game kept repeating the 'saved at the last second' thing and had some character come forward with some 'case-breaking' piece of evidence felt... frusturating. I mean,it was nice finally defeating that SOB and his breakdown made the whole thing feel worth it, but don't tell me that that couldn't have been done better, because it clearly could've been

aside from that, it was a stellar title, and I can't wait till the sequel is fully translated :phoenix:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

Ace Explorer

GentlemanGamer wrote:
I found being in Edgey's shoes for a whole game was a refreshing change of pace. His straight-laced attitude, confidence and intelligence made him feel like a more capable protagonist -sorry Phoenix, but you can sometimes be a dunce :phoenix: -as well as a more interesting one, if only because he was outside of the normal AA protagonist mold. Plus he's one of my favorite characters in the series (in the top 5, at least... though I'm not sure where :ron: ), so that helped to :edgey:

Beyond that, I enjoyed a lot about the game: I liked it's unique flow, a lot of the new characters (Kay Faraday, Shi-Long Lang, Callisto Yew, etc), a lot of the returning ones, the killer soundtrack and the overarching plot. That said, the one thing that bothered me plot wise was ...

Spoiler: AAI Case 5 Climax
The last part of the game, during the climax with Alba; I REALIZE he's an ambassador and a tough opponent, but the fact the game kept repeating the 'saved at the last second' thing and had some character come forward with some 'case-breaking' piece of evidence felt... frusturating. I mean,it was nice finally defeating that SOB and his breakdown made the whole thing feel worth it, but don't tell me that that couldn't have been done better, because it clearly could've been

aside from that, it was a stellar title, and I can't wait till the sequel is fully translated :phoenix:

I just beat AAI yesterday, and that was my thought exactly.
Spoiler:
I think Alba drew the whole thing out to ridiculous lengths. I think, after the whole 'ex-ambassador' thing came in, they should've hauled his ass off to the detention center. But instead, we got, like, 4 more testimonies that were basically "But you don't have definitive proof, therefore you've lost your entire argument!"
...Then again, that's most AA villains. But they don't draw things out like Alba did.

Other than that, yeah, awesome game!
Well? Are we going or what?

A Seeker of Truth

AlonsoSwift wrote:
I just beat AAI yesterday, and that was my thought exactly.
Spoiler:
I think Alba drew the whole thing out to ridiculous lengths. I think, after the whole 'ex-ambassador' thing came in, they should've hauled his ass off to the detention center. But instead, we got, like, 4 more testimonies that were basically "But you don't have definitive proof, therefore you've lost your entire argument!"
...Then again, that's most AA villains. But they don't draw things out like Alba did.

Other than that, yeah, awesome game!

Glad you agree :phoenix: If it wasn't for that fly in the ointment, the game would've been near perfect as far as Ace Attorney games go. But ce la vie; such is life :jake: But then again, as you said, this happens with almost every other villain;no matter HOW well constructed and persuasive your evidence is, if you don't have 'definitive' proof, you lose. It doesn't matter if the case against the defendant doesn't hold up as well anymore and it's circumstancial either way; if you can't build a flawless case, they get away. Not that I mind this TERRIBLY -I mean, we always get them in the end, don't we? :trucy: And I suppose there wouldn't be as much suspense if this rule wasn't in place- but it is a leap of logic that is prevalent throughout the series :ron:

Anyhoo, this makes it sound like have something against AAI and Ace Attorneu in general, so moving on; yeah, great game, great game :phoenix: I've heard from people who've played the full of the sequel that apparently it's the better of the two. I don't speak Japanese and thus am waiting for the fan translation to be finished ; how do you think it'll compare :maya: The first game is so good and really makes the investigation angle WORK; I'm not sure what to expect from the second :trucy: Your thoughts? :ron:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

Ace Explorer

GentlemanGamer wrote:
Anyhoo, this makes it sound like have something against AAI and Ace Attorneu in general, so moving on; yeah, great game, great game :phoenix: I've heard from people who've played the full of the sequel that apparently it's the better of the two. I don't speak Japanese and thus am waiting for the fan translation to be finished ; how do you think it'll compare :maya: The first game is so good and really makes the investigation angle WORK; I'm not sure what to expect from the second :trucy: Your thoughts? :ron:

Well, I think the first order of business is to make sure the fan translation is still happening (from what I hear, they're still stalled on only having 2 cases). But apart from that, I'm generally feeling positive about it. I thought it was cool seeing Ace Attorney characters outside of the typical 'investigation-trial' format, and while I'm no expert, I think the game's mechanics worked pretty well.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the first one has given me a good outlook for the second, as soon as we can get the rest translated.

A Seeker of Truth

AlonsoSwift wrote:
Well, I think the first order of business is to make sure the fan translation is still happening (from what I hear, they're still stalled on only having 2 cases). But apart from that, I'm generally feeling positive about it. I thought it was cool seeing Ace Attorney characters outside of the typical 'investigation-trial' format, and while I'm no expert, I think the game's mechanics worked pretty well.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the first one has given me a good outlook for the second, as soon as we can get the rest translated.

I actually have an account on the old CR forums, and I check back there periodically to see how they're doing; that's the place they use to confer with each other about the progress of the game, which parts they've completed, etc. From what I can tell they're still making headway, though I don't know what the current 'status' is of each case. I think they said though that they plan to have a release sometime later this year, hopefully by summer time if we're lucky :phoenix:

And back to AAI... yeah, the mechanics WERE pretty good :phoenix: I liked how it flowed from 'confrontations' (a.k.a cross-examinations) to investigations and back again with relative ease, giving it a very unique structure as far as AA games are concerned :phoenix:

Ace Explorer

GentlemanGamer wrote:
AlonsoSwift wrote:

I actually have an account on the old CR forums, and I check back there periodically to see how they're doing; that's the place they use to confer with each other about the progress of the game, which parts they've completed, etc. From what I can tell they're still making headway, though I don't know what the current 'status' is of each case. I think they said though that they plan to have a release sometime later this year, hopefully by summer time if we're lucky :phoenix:

So, they've been working in secret?
I suppose, that way they don't have to worry about as many people spamming them with 'OMG wen iz teh releas?'

...I can't believe I just made myself type that horribly :yogi:

A Seeker of Truth

AlonsoSwift wrote:
I suppose, that way they don't have to worry about as many people spamming them with 'OMG wen iz teh releas?'

It's okay, I'm not judging :trucy: Anyways, it isn't a COMPLETELY secret forum- one of the mods posted a link to it in the main AAI2 thread a while back- but yeah, for all intents and purposes it's been cut off from the 'normal' CR. I think it's probably so their work can get done efficiently without people spamming 'OMG wen iz teh releas?', or 'Status Update? Status Update? STATUS UPDATE?!' and bothering the lot of them, like you said :phoenix: They do post occasionally within that forum to give a progress report, but on the whole they try not to make too many posts regarding that or the projected release date; they've said a few times that they're avoiding doing so to save us disappointment if they're not able to make it. :ron: I know all this because I've applied a couple times for a role in development to no avail, but through the process have learned a bit about their inner workings through my trawlings :trucy:

In any case, to make a long story short they're still keeping at it, which definitely is good news for the rest of us :trucy:

A Seeker of Truth

GentlemanGamer wrote:
AlonsoSwift wrote:

It's okay, I'm not judging :trucy: Anyways, it isn't a COMPLETELY secret forum- one of the mods posted a link to it in the main AAI2 thread a while back- but yeah, for all intents and purposes it's been cut off from the 'normal' CR. I think it's probably so their work can get done efficiently without people spamming 'OMG wen iz teh releas?', or 'Status Update? Status Update? STATUS UPDATE?!' and bothering the lot of them, like you said :phoenix: They do post occasionally within that forum to give a progress report, but on the whole they try not to make too many posts regarding that or the projected release date; they've said a few times that they're avoiding doing so to save us disappointment if they're not able to make it. :ron: I know all this because I've applied a couple times for a role in development to no avail, but through the process have learned a bit about their inner workings through my trawlings :trucy:

In any case, to make a long story short they're still keeping at it, which definitely is good news for the rest of us :trucy:

I find it ironic how on the same day I post this, we get our next AAI2 patch :trucy:

I strive to find the truth!

What was my favorite thing about it was the great story. It had an amazing story that spread over 5 episodes, instead of 1 different story per episode. It was big and complicated, unlike a 1-episode story with not as much time to construct a complicated story.
I have obtained a new achievement-typing the letter c gives the Court Records website.
Page 1 of 3 [ 95 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby