Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 4 of 4[ 140 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: The Himiko Kazura/Calisto Yew Fanclub! (possible spoilers)Topic%20Title

Spoiler:
I thought it was cool she killed him, he irritated me when he was in it, then when he was dead I started shipping them. WTF

☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆

e × e = e²

She has a small waist, long dark hair and perfect lips. Kind of like my girlfriend. Except she cut her hair recently. Bwah.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Saw this fanart in the Byrne fanclub, and had to post it here too. Someone might of already posted it, but I'm not going through four pages to check.
Spoiler:

Edit-Oh, yeah, Looby showed me this one a few days ago, and I love it. <3
Spoiler:

☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆

The AA-LPer

Location: Playing Ace Attorney or making LPs! No, actually, Finland.

Loved her from the second I saw her!
I can't resist a woman wearing something that great. And I simply cannot call her Callisto, I love the Japanese name too much!

The sprites are for the win. So I made my avatar of them, naturally.

Spoiler:
It has been a long time since I've seen a character like Himiko. So cunning, seductive, and so good with disguises!

She deserves at least one smiley of her own. Who's with me?

PS.
P!ATD wrote:
Edit-Oh, yeah, Looby showed me this one a few days ago, and I love it. <3
Spoiler:

THAT IS LOVE! Though Himiko like that would be love for me no matter who the other person is.
Check my Ace Attorney Let's Plays and more on my Youtube Channel!
My Sigs, Wallpapers etc. Topic
The happy wife of Meenyman and mother of Dawn, Madame Sho and Dark Coffee Drinker

Pwwwhh!! *Some Naive Novice?* Phh....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Yes,I love You Yew
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: The Himiko Kazura/Calisto Yew Fanclub! (possible spoilerTopic%20Title

Wolf boys RULE!!! So does Shih-na!

I love Calisto Yew!!!!! Those lips and freckles makes her cute as a button!
Yeah, I think freckles are cute. Anyway, I can't stop thinkin' 'bout her.
The way she laughs is cute, and I like her OBJECTION voice. I listen to girls with sassy, low-not-guyish voices all the time, so, I like that kind of voice.

Some spoilers for case 4
Spoiler:
Maybe Byrne Faraday yells at Calisto a lot since she's mischievous. :edgy:

Image Calisto Yew Goes GAGA!!!

HEARTC☆RE

Calisto Yew is by far one of the best characters in the PW universe. In my book, she's up there with :maya:, :franny: and Dahlia.

Spoiler:
I love it in AAI Case 5 when Calisto/Shih-na says 'By the way...I didn't kill anybody.' I was like OMGWTH?!

my heart is nuclear
love is all that I fear

One truth always prevails

She was a cool character but was the mostly manipulative character of all and I love how she always makes fun of Edgey any chance she gets. And I hope someone makes sort of a fangame with her or a reactment of the KG-8 Incident I sort of got the sprites to contribute for Calisto and still working on them.
Im part of the website Wolfduck Studios check it out if you get the chance you won't regret it. http://wolfduckstudios.com/

Sheer badassery

All I can say is
Spoiler:
She's teh smex. :hotti:

<3

Spoiler: Massive character essay with spoilers!
Calisto is an AMAZING character and far and above my favorite villain in the series.

I felt like there was a lot to her we don't know. She's the only character so far we don't know the true name of, and I'm willing to bet that slipping between all those roles, perhaps even she has forgotten. I believe one of the few genuine things that is truly hers is her laugh, which she carried from Calisto to Shih-na in the end.

I know many found her to be a conniving bitch with no room for sympathy, but I believe it's more complicated than the game just trying to make us feel sorry for a pretty face at the last moment. Headcanons ahead!

I've always thought that perhaps Calisto had a bad start in life and wanted to escape who she was, through acting as new identities and through laughter, which is in her words, the best medicine. She got involved in the smuggling ring but found herself getting too invested when it came to Byrne and Badd, so when she had to kill Byrne, it was a blessing and a curse: she could cut off the source of emotional ties that would only interfere with her thrilling life, that could possibly bring her down to the core of the person she originally was, who she'd been trying to leave behind, but along that same vein, she couldn't have known how much it could hurt her. I believe she was being honest when she said that killing Byrne was not a pleasant assignment, for any number of reasons.

Onto the Lang/Shih-na dynamic...gosh talk about tragic. I think she really may have fallen in love with him and his determination and no-nonsense attitude and how genuine he was. Seven years is a long time to stay joined at the hip to someone and it's only too clear she knew him inside and out. When the time came for her to be apprehended, Lang was the one to capture her-and protect her. Perhaps it could be chalked up to Lang being much stronger than her and thus able to restrain her with no trouble, but I did find it somewhat unusual that a simple 'crook' like her would be above going for his injured leg to try and escape, had she wanted to, for Lang was wounded.

I also believe she was truthful when she told Lang he was the kindest man she'd ever met: I assume she called him stupid perhaps because of her pride. She doesn't want to or isn't ready to admit to herself or anyone that some true part of her surfaced enough to feel for someone, feel for him. These two are my OTP for the series I can't even-ugh, just wow I love their dynamic. I can only imagine how she could've felt, as the years went by and her feelings for him possibly deepened, but she was already in too deep with the smugglers and couldn't very well back out when she was so close to someone that could be in serious trouble because of her no longer leaking information received from him, hence rendering him worthless/disposable/subject to whatever her former superiors would deem to do with him now that there was no longer a tie from him to her to the ring.

I believe that somewhere along the line, some part of her wanted out. Perhaps she didn't even know what she wanted. Maybe she didn't even know herself. Her instincts were simply to protect herself-she's at a loss as to what to do if she entertains notions of looking out for others, and I believe that being placed with Lang exposed her to exactly those feelings.

Jesus christ I could go on forever about my love for Calisto/Shih-na as a character so I'll stop here on that point and take a moment instead to gush about how well-thought out her name is.

'Calisto' can refer to a genus of butterfly. Her butterfly reference can be a nod to where she first rests her wings for capture-apprehending Kay for Manny Coachen's murder in Babahl, whose country bears a butterfly upon their flag. One calisto species in particular, the calisto smintheus, primarily eats flowers, one of which being the pavonia fruticosa; a flower resembling the one upon the Allebahst flag. And it is by Calisto's dropping of the garden sticks that is the undoing of the antagonist heading up Allebahst's nation.

Less obscurely, 'Yew' is a type of tree that thrives and reproduces by branching out with several different roots in an effort to survive, not unlike how Calisto survives by assuming many identities as she needs. It is also poisonous if the foliage is consumed. Lastly, it can grow in just about any area or condition, a testament to Calisto's adaptability.

Finally before I get way too long winded, I'll mention that phoenetically, 'Calisto Yew' can sound like 'callous to you'.
I just love her so much.
It that weren't apparent ahaha.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Damn I love Calisto. She's one of the best characters in her own right, as well as one of my favourite villains (number 5 on my list, if I recall correctly). Both her Calisto persona (which I think of as at least very close to her actual personality because that was what she went back to after the grand discover) and her as Shih-na was absolutely awesome in totally different ways, I figured it out very randomly a bit before it became obvious because I was thinking about what happened to Calisto and had an Eureka-moment. I very much feel like her story is done but I wouldn't mind at all getting to know a bit more about her real self, or at least her real name. One of the things that confused me though, was how much she looked like Cece Yew.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Favorite female villain and fourth favorite villain of all time. I just wish she was a little more resilient (in both cases). She's smart, funny, extremely dangerous, and a bit sympathetic in a way. The Shih-na reveal was fucking amazing. I love her theme, too

:yew:

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

I was watching a playthrough of Case 4 today and realized she's way smarter than she lets on

Before the final cross-examination, you can tell that she realizes Edgeworth is smarter than her and is going to convict her for the murder no matter what. That's why she makes her last contradiction painfully obvious: "You can't kill someone with a key!" She know she's going to lose so she decides to get the key and get out. I also love how she has the forethought to pull a gun out to get away (twice!)

Hot nights and even hotter coffee…

Spoiler:
:simon: I think that Himiko and The Phantom of AADD is the same person. :yogi:

Winter Flag Trademark

Morous wrote:
Spoiler:
:simon: I think that Himiko and The Phantom of AADD is the same person. :yogi:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :yew-laugh:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

[Whip the cream!]

Ah, I absolutely adore the woman. She's wonderful - funny as hell at times, as well as being one of the best villains. Love her Shih-na-persona as well.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Happy Maria

She's a great villain in case four,and probably the best villain of AAI. Loved her dramatic reveal in the fifth case. A bit disappointed she gave up so easily and that she didn't actually kill Manny,but still a very cool twist. Just a great character in general. I'd go so far as to call her a better version of the Phantom.

Canadian Cat: The True Master Race

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
She's a great villain in case four,and probably the best villain of AAI. Loved her dramatic reveal in the fifth case. A bit disappointed she gave up so easily and that she didn't actually kill Manny,but still a very cool twist. Just a great character in general. I'd go so far as to call her a better version of the Phantom.

Personally, I'd say the Phantom was better than Calisto. As a killer/agent, Phantom was much more cruel, and even sympathetic near the end. While I love Calisto, I just prefer the Phantom. It's quite interesting, considering the fact the Phantom has zero character traits whatsoever.

Happy Maria

I liked his final confrontation more,but I feel that there was way more personal investment in getting Callisto caught.

Happy Maria

Randomly reviving this thread because I think I just figured out the pun in both her names.

Spoiler: AAI
Shih-na and Yew
See na and yew
Seen her and you

A bit of a stretch, I admit, but it makes sense when you consider they're the same person.

Page 4 of 4 [ 140 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby