Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)

Page 5 of 6[ 240 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: Thoughts on AAI2 (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I just got to think of Justine Courtney... I have to admit, I don't think she's a very great or memorable character. I like that John Marsh turned out to be her adopted son and all (but his dad was the president of Zheng Fa... come on, how small is this world of AA?????? (I just hate that kind of coincidences in any kind of narrative)) but then when I think about it, John is not all that deep of a character IMO. He was quite bland, both design-wise and character-wise and I think calling Justine a top-3 rival character is a huge overstatement. I don't even like her more than Lang and I think Lang is boring.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Y'know

I always wonder what's up with Lang.

Philosophy... of detainment? International network of connections 2000 B.C.? What? What was this guy smoking?

1000% Knight

linkenski wrote:
I just got to think of Justine Courtney... I have to admit, I don't think she's a very great or memorable character. I like that John Marsh turned out to be her adopted son and all (but his dad was the president of Zheng Fa... come on, how small is this world of AA?????? (I just hate that kind of coincidences in any kind of narrative)) but then when I think about it, John is not all that deep of a character IMO. He was quite bland, both design-wise and character-wise and I think calling Justine a top-3 rival character is a huge overstatement. I don't even like her more than Lang and I think Lang is boring.

As a 'rival' Mikagami isn't really anything special, but as a 'character' I think she's one of the most complex and interesting characters in the franchise.

Nearavex wrote:

Philosophy... of detainment? International network of connections 2000 B.C.? What? What was this guy smoking?

Obviously, Lang is so hot and sexy that his superiors were distracted by his cleavage, and just kept promoting him through the ranks without actually listening to the nonsense he was spouting.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

Bad Player wrote:
Nearavex wrote:

Obviously, Lang is so hot and sexy that his superiors were distracted by his cleavage, and just kept promoting him through the ranks without actually listening to the nonsense he was spouting.

This is my new head-canon.

Always a hostile witness

linkenski wrote:

As a rival, I don't think she has anything special about her. She uses nothing but her authority as a judge and member of the P.I.C, threatening Edgeworth, and holding her tongue. Honestly, Franziska already did that, and at least she had backstory with Edgey and a deep emotional past. Justine, honestly, was nothing but a giant bully (although another b-word is a better choice) and, as a judge, her actions were inexcusably illegal.

I'd be okay with it if she was treated like JFA's Franziska (an immature brat), T&T's Godot (a smug jerk) or Dahlia (an insane sociopath). But throughout the whole thing, no one ever shuts Justine up. Where was Franzy's whip? Where were the verbal smackdowns, the interruptions. I wanted to reach through the screen and shout expletives at her. The fact that she gets no comeuppance for what she did bothers me, and the fact that she should have been immediately removed from the case the second she became a suspect in Case 4 with the keycard thing.

When it came to rivals, Edgey and Franzy (flawed though she was) were infinitely more interesting and came up with great rebuttals to problems. Justine is nowhere near their level. In fact, I daresay, she's the weakest.

linkenski wrote:

What? John's design was great!

I won't comment much on Hakari or Lang because I think they're some of the better characters of the series (and in case you're wondering, character-wise, I'd probably rank it as Edgeworth>Von Karma>Blackquill=Lang>Franziska>Hakari>Godot>Klavier. Hakari being low doesn't mean much because I love the rival characters even more than I love the assistants) and I think we've already discussed this anyway.

John, on the other hand, is a favorite of mine. Not counting any villains, he's by far the best one-off character of the series. I could see an argument for Adrian or Lana but that's about it

Always a hostile witness

Here are my musing on the whole game.

Spoiler:
Debeste was annoying, but he was designed to be so. I think it veered from annoying to narm-tastic in the 4th case. At least he was funny though, the "dying with dignity in the art gallery" had me in stitches
Justine...there are no redeeming features to that woman. I can understand what she did for John's sake, but there was no need for her to be as a big a bitch as she was. She didn't even strike me as very intelligent, and yet, everyone was in such awe of her.
Nice cameos in the first case.
I know it's weird, but I liked Horace Knightley. I thought killing him in the second case was a real waste of a good character after seeing the rest of his life.
Similar to Justine, I don't see what the big deal about Dogen is. I guess it was kinda cool his backstory, but seriously, the bastard is blind and in jail. Just kill him, Patricia, you're already a crook.
Jay Elbird. The name was so awful, it looped around and became good.
Playing as Gregory gave me the feels. I loved all of Case 3.
"A father can work miracles when his son is watching."
I didn't mind Kay, like some other people. Her leitmotif was sad.
I remember, in GK1, all of the victims were generally good people until the end: A by-the-book detective, intrepid Interpol, crook who tried to protect his daughter, Robin-Hood esque thief. Wow, they really swung the pendulum in the opposite direction in this case. It's sad when the kindest suspect aside from Jill and the reporter was Horace Knightley.

Matt620 wrote:
Here are my musing on the whole game.
Spoiler:
I know it's weird, but I liked Horace Knightley. I thought killing him in the second case was a real waste of a good character after seeing the rest of his life.
Similar to Justine, I don't see what the big deal about Dogen is. I guess it was kinda cool his backstory, but seriously, the bastard is blind and in jail. Just kill him, Patricia, you're already a crook.
I remember, in GK1, all of the victims were generally good people until the end: A by-the-book detective, intrepid Interpol, crook who tried to protect his daughter, Robin-Hood esque thief. Wow, they really swung the pendulum in the opposite direction in this case. It's sad when the kindest suspect aside from Jill and the reporter was Horace Knightley.

Spoiler:
Weird? Have you seen BadPlayer like...ever?

If she killed Dogen, his subordinates would kill her. Plus, he probably had an ace up his sleeve to prevent such measures from happening (if she failed, he could reveal the truth of SS-5 and the location of Ou's body. Maybe he even had a will prepared if he needed revenge from beyond the grave

Oliver Deacon wasn't even a crook in the end. He was framed by his father. Plus, Cece Yew and Deid Mann were supposedly good people who turned against the smuggling ring. The only bad victims in that game were Manny Coachen and Mack Rell. Also, keep in mind that Jill Crane tried to kill Blaise. She easily could've become the culprit of Case 4. So really, the only good people who died were Knightley's coworker, the real Ou, and Cameron

Y'know

Spoiler:
Well, we might pull Jill under the "good person" category, given the fact Blaise was responsible for the death of her boyfriend after all.

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

I just completed the game last night and my thoughts are as followed

Pros

. More Edgeworth
. All the cases were a nice length
. Fun cameo's
. Excellent story and how it all ties together
. Debeaste and Justine

Cons

. Edgeworth talking about wanting to find the truth all the damn time ( I get it )
. Music while good wasnt as good as the first AAI game
. Why have Nicola who felt too much like a carbon copy of Lotta ( for them to end up in the same scenes later on)
. Case 2 dragged abit towards the end
. Wasnt a huge fan of Logic chess becuase while some lines of diaolog to pick where clear others had no clear indication then having to respeat whole sections of diaolog got annoying
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

The video game boy; the one who wins

The truth. The truuuuuth. The truuuuth is My paaaath. Truth. Path. Path. Truth. :edgeworth:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

While Edgeworth repeated his core principles too much it was still a much better depiction of him compared to his AAI characterization where he just goes "I'll have to think like Phoenix" and being uncharacteristically jerkish in the first cases.

That's truth true.

Lolwut?

GoingforMiles wrote:
The truth. The truuuuuth. The truuuuth is My paaaath. Truth. Path. Path. Truth. :edgeworth:

Oh geez, it keeps happening!

I GET IT, EDGEWORTH! WE ALL GET IT! :meekins:
Too lazy... hur hur.

Yah, I think the worst parts though are when he goes "Even now, he's not admitting he did it! .......Is it over!?" which I think he did in AAI2 and also I hate when they go "NGHOOOOOOOGH" (how do you pronounce that??) but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the final chase of case 5 did not have that as in AAI1. It actually didn't try to go completely over the top with using all sounds in the game engine's disposal and have all characters yell like they're on drugs, and Franziska doesn't interrupt every second dialogue box just to say "GRR, as a subordinate blahblah blah!". The former two things were bad in both AAI and Dual Destinies, and I have to wonder if it's something they ended up putting in because they were pressed for time and didn't carefully consider the writing?

Whatevs, at least AAI2 did it right.

1000% Knight

linkenski wrote:
While Edgeworth repeated his core principles too much it was still a much better depiction of him compared to his AAI characterization where he just goes "I'll have to think like Phoenix" and being uncharacteristically jerkish in the first cases.

I think you mean to say when Edgey goes, "I'll have to think like that man"

(except for that weird moment in the first case, where he's like "No, I won't use his methods... I'll use my own!" and then he... proceeds to use Nick's methods exactly)

Racing through the sky like a Missile

GoingforMiles wrote:

This would make great material for another Takarazuka musical with him.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Thanks for the mental... audio...visions.

"Eggs?"

Spoiler: Case 5
I agree. Edgeworth had all of these "oh no, what is my future, gotta follow in daddy's footsteps" moments, but if you ask me, that really shouldn't have happened. I mean YES, it's Manfred von Karma's fault that he was a prosecutor in the first place, but I think after case 3-5, Edgeworth got over the whole "perfection" thing perfectly well. I would have thought after the Inherited Turnabout, Edgeworth would have been at peace for finding the truth that his father tried to find.
But, even so, I'm not mad about it at all. It just added a more dramatic flare, plenty of suspense, and the fact that he actually gave up his Prosecutor's Badge had me on the edge of my chair, and I couldn't stop playing.
Altogether, I loved the game. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

I realized something. EVERY single character who appeared in GK was improved in GK2 (Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Kay, Lang, Badd, Von Karma, and Ema). The only ones who don't fit are Larry and Franziska. Larry........is Larry. Franziska didn't really worsen. She was just so significantly better in GK that she was "worse" in GK2 because she spent less time in the game. I still love what the team did with her

I just thought it was worth mentioning because it does make me a little more optimistic for GS6 considering some characters were a little messily handled

Also, I hope Badd appears in GK3 now that we know he worked with Gregory. It would be nice to see him bring it up to Miles considering he didn't do so in I-4 or I-5

Gardevoir lover

I thought a good chunk of the cameos were pointless, i haven't properly finished the story so that's all the thoughts i have so far.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

dank memes

Just played through this a few days ago on my flashcard. It was so good! Its one of my favorite games in the series and how they tied every single case together was just awesome. I enjoyed all the cameos of old characters and the new characters introduced like Ray and Justine were pretty neat. The music was top notch as always with the presto testimony theme and Ray's theme being some of my favorites.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Here are my musings in unorganized point form:
Spoiler: Lang Zi says: "Localize Gyakuten Kenji 2"
Kay and Gumshoe are much better characters in this game than AAI. Kay, who came off as a Mary Sue in the first game, fits in a lot better this time around. I still object to Little Thief, though. That thing is ridiculous. Meanwhile Gumshoe isn't useless and annoying unlike AAI - he's a guy who tries his best at the job he loves, instead of standing around and wondering how to use logic.

Logic Chess is the best new mechanic to be introduced to the franchise. It's a much more intricate method of pressing the witness, by selecting your questions and responses.

I found case 2 to drag quite a bit, especially at the end. At least three times during the final confrontation, this happens:

Edgeworth: Ngh! Is this as far as I go?
Courtney: I will now hand down my verdict...
Someone: Hold it!

This happens so often it just becomes cliché.

Cases 3 and 4 were where the feels were had. Clearing Master's name and returning Kay's promise book :larry:

I hated Sebastian from the start, but I was pleasantly surprised when he got development in Case 5. We even get to play as him for a short while as he presents evidence to take down his father.

All of the cases were connected and there was a reason they happened day after day. Plenty of plot threads were introduced and wrapped up at the end of the game, like the missing sons of Dover and Gustavia.

It's good that we didn't actually get to play as Gregory in the courtroom as I had hoped. It would have turned out just like 4-4.

And why does nobody mention Phoenix by name? The game even goes out of its way to have a flashback of Edgeworth as the Demon Prosecutor, and the camera pans to the defense, only for it to cut out at that moment. NO PHOENIX FOR YOU.

Of all of the cameos, the best were the DeLites in Case 3.

JesusMonroe wrote:
I realized something. EVERY single character who appeared in GK was improved in GK2 (Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Kay, Lang, Badd, Von Karma, and Ema). The only ones who don't fit are Larry and Franziska. Larry........is Larry. Franziska didn't really worsen. She was just so significantly better in GK that she was "worse" in GK2 because she spent less time in the game. I still love what the team did with her

I just thought it was worth mentioning because it does make me a little more optimistic for GS6 considering some characters were a little messily handled

Also, I hope Badd appears in GK3 now that we know he worked with Gregory. It would be nice to see him bring it up to Miles considering he didn't do so in I-4 or I-5

I don't really know how Gumshoe improved. He seemed to have the same schtick to me and plot-wise I recall he helped out more in AAI actually. Otherwise I guess you're right.

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Imo it is probably the best game in the Ace Attorney series, and I wish it would get an official western release :s. This game makes me want and not want an Investigations 3.

Yes, why can't we just get both GS6 AND GK3 the same year!? I think I would've prefered Takumi to have made GS6 as a continuation of AJAA and GS5 while Yamazaki and Eshiro started on GK3, but nevermind. DGS may just blow my mind with its awesomeness when it's shown at TGS in three weeks from now.

linkenski wrote:
I don't really know how Gumshoe improved. He seemed to have the same schtick to me and plot-wise I recall he helped out more in AAI actually. Otherwise I guess you're right.

Hmm. I don't know. In AAI2, he felt more like a friend to Edgeworth and I like his mini arc in Cases 4 and 5 (plus that salary raise at the end actually choked me up a little). I don't have a problem with Gumshoe's characterization in AAI like most people who say he was flanderized, but I do have a problem with Edgeworth's characterization towards Gumshoe in the first game. I mean, I know Edgeworth doesn't treat Gumshoe that well in the OT, but he's just downright cruel to him in GK. It was very off-putting
Gammalad wrote:
This game makes me want and not want an Investigations 3.

Same boat :/
linkenski wrote:
Yes, why can't we just get both GS6 AND GK3 the same year!? I think I would've prefered Takumi to have made GS6 as a continuation of AJAA and GS5 while Yamazaki and Eshiro started on GK3, but nevermind.

I'd also prefer Takumi to work on GS6 (mostly because I'm afraid Yamazaki is going to abandon the Gramarye subplot altogether) but it might be impossible for him now. Who knows if GS5 introduced things that would conflict with the direction Takumi wanted to take the story in?

1000% Knight

linkenski wrote:
Yes, why can't we just get both GS6 AND GK3 the same year!? I think I would've prefered Takumi to have made GS6 as a continuation of AJAA and GS5 while Yamazaki and Eshiro started on GK3, but nevermind. DGS may just blow my mind with its awesomeness when it's shown at TGS in three weeks from now.

Because Japanese Gyakuten games come out every other year.

Forever.

(If you look at the original Japanese releases of AA, JFA, T&T, AJ, AAI, GK2, and DD... yeah. It isn't completely true, because there was only one year between AA and JFA, and three years between T&T and AJ, but it still evens out to two years per release. Which is why we're getting DGS in 2015.)

I don't think Takumi ever did intend to continue the storyline himself, at least not right when he finished writing AJAA. He said in some interview it was left semi open-ended so new writers could take over it - and honestly considering how much AAI2's story dealt with parents and stuff like that, I bet Yamazaki would be pretty great at finishing the gramarye plotline if it somehow involved Thalassa, Apollo, Trucy and Apollo's unknown father.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Wasn't Takumi finished with Phoenix's story, hence why he made Apollo to be his successor?

Things In GK2 I liked
1.Getting to play as Gregory Edgeworth in case 3
2. Edgeworth's dad theme
3. The final case wasn't as long and drawn out like turnabout ablaze was

Things I didn't like in GK2
1.Kay she's just there and completely useless
2. the background music
3. the final case had way too many characters standing around doing nothing
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

Y'know

In hindsight, I still can't bear how fast the whole plot unfolds universe-wise. Everything takes place throughout, like, a week? One day of investigation?

Compared to GS, it's so awkward to me.

Well, it's easier to swallow than AAI. All the cases besides present day IS-7 happen as a consequence of the assassination attempt on Ou

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Overall though the main problem with GK is that it feels somewhat meaningless. I mean you're solving these crimes and you usually end up arresting the culprit, but what happens after that? The main GS games took the important part of the criminal story, the part where the accused's fate was actually decided. In GK you just arrest them and it's as if assumed they're automatically convicted in their following case.[/quote]

Look at GK2-5 , patrica got put on trial after the result of case gk2-2 so safe to assume they go to trial after edgeworth finds them guilty.

In the AA series if your client is declared guilty judge says they surrender to high court in one months time for sentencing so I guess when the real criminal confesses the same happens with them or they have their own trial.
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Gettin' Old!

Right cleared the game not too long ago, time to weigh in.

I really enjoyed this game overall, the translation team did an incredible job on it and I was impressed to see pop culture references still working despite being translated from another culture. The true villain (while I did see him coming) I thought was a good match for Edgeworth, someone who pulls strings and is clearly very clever at manipulating people and the system seems more on Edgeworth's level than someone who is just like "Nope EXTRATERRITORIAL RIGHTS!" Points off for too many recurring characters in the final case really limiting the mastermind potential (like hell Penny Nichols or Will Powers are capable of murder).

Again points to them for managing to tie every case into something important, even the flashback case had some relevance which was interesting. Even then it was great to see Detective Badd again, plus clashing with Manfred Von Karma is pretty cool. Playing as Gregory was neat too, though I didn't quite get his damage animation. He like jumped a little and grabbed onto his hat to ensure it survives the verbal blow then afterwards he's GRINNING slightly. In anime terms it's like he's some kind of sadomasochistic maniac who gets stronger as he takes more pain. It just seemed off for his character to me but hey he's cool enough.

I'd have liked it if Sebastian had been involved more in the finale, it felt weird that despite being a major player of sorts in all the cases they would leave him out of the big finale...while they still have bit players like Lotta Heart standing around. Again I agree they really needed a better reason for Kay to be involved in the cases but I can't think how they could have done it (short of making case 4 happen first putting Kay in jeopardy). Franziska's involvement is always a little strange as well I feel. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing her get involved but there's times when I'm just thinking "You're Edgeworth's equal or close to it, get involved more" rather than letting Edgeworth do all the work. I guess I just would have liked more of her, but she had to share limelight with a lot of people I suppose. Same with Raymond Shields. I LOVED Raymond Shields, this super-chilled, super-mellow defence attorney who switches to serious mode at the drop of a hat. His theme's incredible as well, but again with so many characters I felt he was pushed to the side at times and should have been involved more in the finale (moreso than doing a song and dance routine to distract the bad guy that was just absurd). I'd have liked it if we'd actually been able to play as him or see him do more serious things rather than bluff his way out of everything.

I think the whole "Prosecutor or Defence Attorney" thing gets very confusing at times. I get Edgeworth wants to find the truth and all but he spends so much time as a defence attorney this game you'd think he'd understand he can do it on both sides of the field. I just think the lines the writers are painting are incredibly blurry, I mean I know he ends up as Chief Prosecutor and I figure the only reason he chose Prosecutor in the end is because they have more influence over the rules of law at the end of the day and he'd rather make systematic changes than save people personally in court? It's very confusing and I'm not sure what the game is trying to say with Edgeworth's motivation here or the role of Prosecutors and Attorneys but maybe it's just going over my head.

Final Question: What was the deal with the burn mark on Jill Crane's hand? Blaise makes it seem significant as he identifies her with it which leads to her murder but as far as I know she was nowhere near the fire started at the Orphanage years ago which is the only place I can think Blaise would have identified her.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

(I don't know why I'm responding to these points specifically)

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIrfC36KvTg

2. I saw it as a nervous grin

3. Yeah, I would've liked Kay to do more in the finale

4. Jill Crane presumably had that burn on her hand for a long, long time (maybe childhood accident?). She was embarrassed about it so she always worse gloves. Blaise used this to prove that he couldn't be the man in the recording saying, "You can't hide those burns", but Edgeworth ended up proving that Jill was talking to Blaise in that instance, not the other way around. Her burns are just a red herring for that piece of evidence

A Kirby and AA fan

Pierre wrote:
Playing as Gregory was neat too, though I didn't quite get his damage animation. He like jumped a little and grabbed onto his hat to ensure it survives the verbal blow then afterwards he's GRINNING slightly. In anime terms it's like he's some kind of sadomasochistic maniac who gets stronger as he takes more pain.

JesusMonroe wrote:
2. I saw it as a nervous grin

Interesting, I saw it more as a different kind of grin. Err, how do I explain this... I read an example of this recently, too, but I can't really remember it...
It's like when two guys fight against each other, and in the end, both of them lie exhausted on the ground, panting and grinning. One saying "You... You weren't so bad, heh..." and the other "You too... You too..."
It's like that! Only they are verbal/logical blows instead of physical blows. Also less exhaustion.

(Now I just need to remember where I pulled this example from...)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

davech1987 wrote:
Overall though the main problem with GK is that it feels somewhat meaningless. I mean you're solving these crimes and you usually end up arresting the culprit, but what happens after that? The main GS games took the important part of the criminal story, the part where the accused's fate was actually decided. In GK you just arrest them and it's as if assumed they're automatically convicted in their following case.

Look at GK2-5 , patrica got put on trial after the result of case gk2-2 so safe to assume they go to trial after edgeworth finds them guilty.

In the AA series if your client is declared guilty judge says they surrender to high court in one months time for sentencing so I guess when the real criminal confesses the same happens with them or they have their own trial.[/quote]
To me the whole point of the Investigations games is to catch the culprit before they flee or destroy evidence. Like in GK2-2, the killer would have destroyed the last piece of evidence if Edgeworth hadn't intervened.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Hmm, since I've also replayed through the game recently through the fan translation, I might as well add my two or three cents.

If I may be blunt, the localization effort - while done well enough to be called "professional" - was lacking in comparison to the official one. I enjoyed all the little references I could find, but they weren't the issue. One problem I have is the lack of unique or funny moments outside of those that were already in the game to begin with. Aside from some particular jokes that wouldn't translate to English well in the first place, the rest of the game seems a bit bland once translated. Even AAI had its moments outside of the original Japanese script.

Another regards the translations themselves. It's perfectly fine to translate some things a bit literally, especially if there's no other legitimate way to put it, but other times, the language just seems too repetitive (and Japanese is naturally repetitive if you don't pay much attention to connotation). For example, I never associated the words "Good grief" very much with Edgeworth, but by the end of this fan patch, I had little choice but to. And what's with all the emphasis on "nooks and crannies"? I understand it's a running gag, but even gags lose their taste after being used over and over. (And then there's the issue I have of Lang addressing Franziska with "sis". He only does that in the Japanese version, thank you.)

Now, I felt most annoyed by Edgeworth's indecisiveness regarding his life like some confused teenager, but that has nothing to do with the localization team, so I'll leave it at that.

Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed this game. This recent run has reminded me why I enjoyed my first run so much in the first place. I may have forgotten a few details here and there (like how friggin' long the third case is, wow; and the fifth case only feels longer because we're jumping around places). I also may have ended up misjudging a few characters due to muddle memories, and for that, I formally apologize to them. But Sebastian is still just barely above Klavier in my book, and we all know how much I don't care for Klavier.

I'm still indecisive regarding whether or not to include this game in my blog's project list. I still can, but unless there's serious demand for it, I won't get into it.

Congrats to everyone who participated in the translation effort. The credits were done beautifully.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
(And then there's the issue I have of Lang addressing Franziska with "sis". He only does that in the Japanese version, thank you.)

What? He calls her "sis" in the official English version of AAI.
Page 5 of 6 [ 240 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)