Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 4 of 6[ 215 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: PLvAA General Discussion Thread (spoilers!)Topic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

I love in that one part where Layton has to prsent evidence he doesn't yell. "Take that!" but instead yells. "Have a look!" I found that pretty funny.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

The video game boy; the one who wins

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I love in that one part where Layton has to prsent evidence he doesn't yell. "Take that!" but instead yells. "Have a look!" I found that pretty funny.

Yeah, that's so Layton. And kinda sweet.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

I'm about to start Chapter 8 and finish up. I'm hoping for a pretty great finale because this game hasn't quite *hooked* me. I am enjoying it, but it's just not as good as I thought it would be. Not saying it's a bad game, though. I prefer it over Trials and Tribulations but definitely not over AJ or AAI. Not sure whether I prefer this or DD yet. I probably like DD more at this point, but the finale cases always make all the difference so to that can easily change

(Also, I love how the game is actually doing a different final prosecutor from the main one that's not Edgeworth)

1000% Knight

JesusMonroe wrote:
(Also, I love how the game is actually doing a different final prosecutor from the main one that's not Edgeworth)

PLvAA's final prosecutor's objection sprite is my favorite in the entire franchise~
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

I finished

Was there no ladder/stepladder convo or did I glance over it?

Not a proper one, but some kind of nudge to it.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

JesusMonroe wrote:
I finished

So, whaddaya think? Better or worse than DD in the end? (I'm guessing worse since I know you have a different taste :-P)
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

You know, a Mario game!

I like how at the beginning of the game they have basically a British version of Winston Payne as the tutorial prosecutor. I also like how his last name is Flynch, as it fits with the same kind of theme, BTW, does he even have a first name? He doesn't have a profile for whatever reason, usually the only people in a case not to have a profile are the main playable character and the judge.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

aka Ami <3

So uh... I'm having trouble finding a puzzle post-game. Are any missable?

Spoiler: spoilers maybe?
I've got 4970 picarats.

I've beaten all of Riddle's backlog puzzles, I'm fairly sure I've found all hidden puzzles, and I can't seem to find anyone that's offering a puzzle. I've also cleared every trial without a penalty (via save scumming), so I'm finding I'm missing exactly one puzzle.

Gardevoir lover

This image has a lot of power to it in my opinion.

Seeing as How Layton was inspired by Phoenix, this must make the people at Level 5 really happy.

Man, the final trial for this game had me stuck to the screen the entire time.
The end when they pretty much said that Phoenix's appearance in Labyrinthia was a fluke and that they only intended for Layton to show up, that had me laughing for a while. :gant:

Last edited by Klonoahedgehog on Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

JesusMonroe wrote:
I finished

Now go through the game again via the same save file to find the alternate ending. It sure struck me like a brick. (You can replay the "climax" of the final trial after you complete the game once, so it should be easy to hit the ending again.)

Nope, not that I've found. There was Layton and Maya discussing a certain type of foliage in the forest, but it wasn't really an argument. I'm curious what GfM was referring to by "nudge", though.

dimentiorules wrote:
I like how at the beginning of the game they have basically a British version of Winston Payne as the tutorial prosecutor. I also like how his last name is Flynch, as it fits with the same kind of theme, BTW, does he even have a first name? He doesn't have a profile for whatever reason, usually the only people in a case not to have a profile are the main playable character and the judge.

Not that we'd know of. It's as you say, he doesn't have a profile.

I can guess... Fallon Flynch.

genodragon1 wrote:
So uh... I'm having trouble finding a puzzle post-game. Are any missable?

Spoiler: spoilers maybe?
I've got 4970 picarats.

I've beaten all of Riddle's backlog puzzles, I'm fairly sure I've found all hidden puzzles, and I can't seem to find anyone that's offering a puzzle. I've also cleared every trial without a penalty (via save scumming), so I'm finding I'm missing exactly one puzzle.

Check the Puzzle Index in the professor's trunk. They're all enumerated. If you've found them all there should be 70. I'm not sure if the US version already has the DLC puzzles, but that's another 12.

Once you've completed the game, you have the option to replay your game from the last spot when you can return for any missed puzzles or hint coins.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

aka Ami <3

Thanks for the tip! I was trying to figure out which one I'd missed. I'm so used to the puzzle index being in the first row, my brain didn't really register the index.

Gettin' Old!

DLC puzzles ain't worth Picarats I believe though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gardevoir lover

JesusMonroe wrote:
I finished

There was one in the forest.
I think it went something along the lines of.
"They must use ladders to get up they're."
"I knew you were smart Professor! Trust me you don't want to hear Nicks thoughts on ladders."

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
I finished

Now go through the game again via the same save file to find the alternate ending. It sure struck me like a brick. (You can replay the "climax" of the final trial after you complete the game once, so it should be easy to hit the ending again.)

Nope, not that I've found. There was Layton and Maya discussing a certain type of foliage in the forest, but it wasn't really an argument. I'm curious what GfM was referring to by "nudge", though.

I think I see what he meant
http://youtu.be/flvUOeUCplM?t=31m7s

Pierre wrote:
DLC puzzles ain't worth Picarats I believe though.

They aren't, but they are indexed. They're also replayable from that index, so anyone more interested in the puzzles than the DLC stories can access them right off.

JesusMonroe wrote:

Funny. Maybe my memory's off, but I don't recall seeing this in my Japanese playthrough. Something like this would stick in my mind if I did, though. I suppose we can chalk it up to minor localization differences.

The conversation Klonoahedgehog mentions, however, was in there.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

JesusMonroe wrote:

Yuup, that was it.

You know, a Mario game!

Okay, I just beat Chapter 2, and I encountered what I consider to be one of the dumbest things I've seen in any GS game. Phoenix acts as if it's near impossible to find enough evidence for the great witch trial in two weeks, when for most trials, he only gets a single day! Two weeks is way more time than he usually gets, why do they consider this to be so big of a deal?! He should be grateful that he gets 14 times the amount of time he usually gets! This is so stupid!
My Twitter Account

Well, it's a trial for the most historic witch and the most known one in the town. It's the queen of witches and he knows nothing about her or the town history, plus Espella wants to be found guilty. He has every right to be nervous

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
Okay, I just beat Chapter 2, and I encountered what I consider to be one of the dumbest things I've seen in any GS game. Phoenix acts as if it's near impossible to find enough evidence for the great witch trial in two weeks, when for most trials, he only gets a single day! Two weeks is way more time than he usually gets, why do they consider this to be so big of a deal?! He should be grateful that he gets 14 times the amount of time he usually gets! This is so stupid!

Plus SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER.

Phoenix is right to be concerned.
I reckon it's more the problem with the confession, and the whole "watching the death sentence occur right before his eyes" that makes him ultra nervous. Plus y'know....everyone hates him for siding with the Great Witch.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

You know, a Mario game!

One thing I don't like is how Kira wears a pair of modern looking glasses, yet the game takes place in a medieval setting, and modern glasses weren't invented yet! At least, I don't think they were.
My Twitter Account

迷探偵

I don't know how modern-looking you want them to be (they sure didn't have designer spectacles), but the modern eyeglasses as we know them (two pieces of glass resting on the ears) are definitely medieval inventions.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

You know, a Mario game!

Ash wrote:
I don't know how modern-looking you want them to be (they sure didn't have designer spectacles), but the modern eyeglasses as we know them (two pieces of glass resting on the ears) are definitely medieval inventions.

Oh, really? I thought they weren't invented until at least the 1800s. Well, aren't I an idiot. Sorry about that.
My Twitter Account

Breakdown

Got mines in the mail a little late, beaten today. Ah worth the wait I say, and the music was a series best for me. I'll be replaying that Objection and credits theme many times on my PC.

Now the massive spoiler stuff.
Spoiler: Ending
Darklaw was amazing. Disappointed that her breakdown was so weak for being an Ace Attorney big bad (although the story made her more of an accidental/still a good person villain-I'm hearing that's the Layton half of the game that played into that), but what an awesome character and costume design-I loved the claw swipe objection.

And holy twist with Labyrinthia not being real/set in present time. Don't know who to credit more for that side of things Shu or the Layton writer but, that was a mind blower for me.

I'm sure I'll have much more to say and discuss over the months, for now I'm still coming off the high of playing and beating it (and the tension of that last trial). Welp. Until the next lonnnnnnnnnnng wait then. :jake:

Turnabout_Lawman wrote:
Spoiler: Ending
And holy twist with Labyrinthia not being real/set in present time. Don't know who to credit more for that side of things Shu or the Layton writer but, that was a mind blower for me.

It's Mr. Takumi, as usual. He's the scenario director for this game, so he was in charge of everything relating to the story and characters.

Gardevoir lover

I feel like playing through the game again, mainly because i pretty much blazed through it in one weekend trying to beat it before classes started again and i feel like i missed some things, hell i didn't talk to some of the NPC's.

You know, a Mario game!

I read on the Ace Attorney Wiki that the character of Professor Layton was originally inspired by Phoenix Wright. It says that the creators took the good aspects of Phoenix Wright's character and applied those to Layton. I find that strange, as they're nothing alike, neither in terms of personality nor looks! Exactly what aspects of Phoenix Wright made it into Professor Layton?
My Twitter Account

The finger point

Desire to help people too I'd guess. And to solve puzzles you often have to think outside the box and "turn your thinking around".

And similarly to Layton, Phoenix just oozes eloquence and gains respect wherever he goes... *cough*

You know, a Mario game!

GoingforMiles wrote:
Desire to help people too I'd guess. And to solve puzzles you often have to think outside the box and "turn your thinking around".

And similarly to Layton, Phoenix just oozes eloquence and gains respect wherever he goes... *cough*

I'm guessing that the second statement is sarcasm, either that or you just have a bad cold.
My Twitter Account

Yeah it was, I'm not desilusional. :ron:

You know, a Mario game!

One thing I don't get is why it's called "Professor Layton VS. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney". Shouldn't it be called "Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney", since they're on the same side for most of the game?
My Twitter Account

Spoiler:
most

But most crossovers have "vs" in the title (like the upcoming Batman vs. Superman). It doesn't have to mean anything

I can't find a picture of it, but when they're pointing out the final culprit they're both cramped into the screen and technically pointing at each other.

What it "means" is that we're taking two rival franchises and putting them together. It just wouldn't sit right for this game to be called "Professor Layton and the Ace Attorney".

No, wait, that sounds cool. How about "Professor Layton and the Baker's Apprentice"? "Professor Layton and the Trials by Fire"? "Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright: Lost in the Labyrinth"... hmm, nah, too literal.

Help me out, guys. I can't decide on a better title.

GoingforMiles wrote:
I can't find a picture of it, but when they're pointing out the final culprit they're both cramped into the screen and technically pointing at each other.

Spoiler: Well, actually
when they point out the final culprit, they both jumped to the center of the courtroom to point together.

But look, they're standing next to each other, on pointing this way ---> and the other that way <--- So when they take up a tiny space and are so close they almost touch each other, it looks like they're pointing at each other.

I think you're mixing up scenes. That scene when they're pointing at each other is
Spoiler:
when they're outside the courtroom, before the bell tower. By then, they already figured out the true culprit.

Spoiler:
Nope. You talked about the courtroom, not me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZA_7pDM_UI At 5:31 they're pointing out who rang the bell.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I rather liked this game. I liked how the explanation for the overall mystery unfolded more gradually than in most Layton games where he seems to pull the explanation out of his bu... Er... I mean hat.

What I didn't care much for is that the explanation for everything actually requires more suspension of disbelief than accepting the premise at face value. There was also kind of a shortage of puzzles, and some of the contradictions weren't so much actual contradictions instead of pointing out alternate possibilities.

I really don't understand the hype about the mob examinations though. For the most part, all it amounts to is optional press dialogue. And while the idea of witness testimony contradicting other witness testimony is novel, it was only used three times.

I really did enjoy the game for what it was, I just wish it was executed better.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I just finished it last night. Overall I liked it, although I had some issues with it. I started writing out my thoughts, but it got bigger and bigger until I realized I'd need like an hour to finish and edit it, so I'll post that here later when I have more time. In general, though, I thought it was a good game overall but it wasn't a great Layton game or a great Ace Attorney game.

Question, though. How many episodes and art galleries are there in total? I noticed they're releasing them a lot quicker in the US than they did in Europe.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Page 4 of 6 [ 215 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)