Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 10 posts ]

Your Opinions, I Need ThemTopic%20Title

The Enigma

So I just (FINALLY) beat Ace Attorney Investigations. It took me a year, mainly because I was so unmotivated to beat it. Well, I didn't hate it, but I thought that it took too long and I lost interest in the case. That said, I keep hearing good things about the second AAI, so I'm wondering...is it a good play? Will I be disappointed? Most importantly, what did you think of it? I don't really have any plans to play it, but maybe you guys can change my mind.

Mods, please move this if this isn't in the right place.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons
Re: Your Opinions, I Need ThemTopic%20Title

In my opinion, yes, this game really is much better than the first AAI. The story feels more personal and character-driven rather than just being about taking down an evil organization, the main villain is 100 times better than the AAI villain, the story is much better, and the new characters are more original and way less annoying than the ones in AAI. the final case also feels better paced and the fight against the villains is actually entertaining and doesn't feel like it took you a million years to finish it. Did I mention that case 3 of this game is actually great?

So yeah, I would dare saying that AAI2 may be the best game in the series, while AAI is definitely the weakest. You really should play it, it is in no way a disappointment.
Signature loading, please wait...

[Whip the cream!]

I very much prefer it to GK1, which I didn't find too memorable. The overall pacing is definitely better (apart from case 3 in my opinion, but that might be because I only liked the parts with Gregory and younger Shigaraki - I found the case itself incredibly silly), the game has a lot of really good characters including the final villain - my personal favourite when it comes to AA-villains. There were parts I didn't really care for, Edgeworth pissed me off with his smugness, but since there are a lot of really, really good aspects as well I did like the game quite a bit.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I'd argue it's one of the best Ace Attorney games they've made, if not the best, really.

Great Revival

It's the best game in the series, in my opinion. Edgey gets character development, the new characters are fun, and I like that (one of) the rivals is an idiot instead of being "Super smart prodigy #1738274829" and Ray Shields is amazing...and the fact that a certain someone is playable in case 3 is just amazing. And the story is by far the best in the series.

Gettin' Old!

Yeah AAI2 is light years beyond AAI1. Every fan should give it a shot.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The cape is self-fluttering

I finally moved AAI2 off my godawful slow computer. Maybe it's time for me to fire it back up.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

AAI2 is really awesome, so much better than AAI1. In addition to the better and more interesting cases, Edgeworth also won't just tell you all the solutions before the cross-examinations even begin. In AAI Edgeworth usually solved the cases way too early, thus the rebuttals weren't that interesting and they're usually my favorite segments in the AA games.

DetectiveTohru

Well hard to say. All the cases are pretty long to be honest. Aside from minor changes here and there I didn't notice any too big differences between any of the games.

I should say with no doubts that AAI2 is the best AA of all the times, even better than Dual Destinies that I loved a lot.

And, of course, it is way better and way longer than the first AAI, they seem too completely different game for depth and emotional intensity. You should really give it a big chance.
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby