Board index » Present Evidence » Sprite Comics

Page 3 of 9[ 359 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Re: (Update 25/08/15) Robert Civil: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Yeah, the comic is great, you should totally keep it up! (And I wouldn't mind seeing some similar shenanigans later on, at least they were pretty unexpected xD)
Signature loading, please wait...

I've been preoccupied lately, but today I've found the time to state that I enjoy this sprite comic. I've been checking it when I have the time. I'll be reading (though infrequently), and I look forward to future cases!

Winter Flag Trademark

Now DefenceLawyer has got a Female Fan, it seems. Your comics are pretty good... But how long is Case 1 going to continue?!

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Loziano wrote:
I've been preoccupied lately, but today I've found the time to state that I enjoy this sprite comic. I've been checking it when I have the time. I'll be reading (though infrequently), and I look forward to future cases!

Thank you! :will: If the support is still here, then I imagine we have many future cases on the horizon!

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
Now DefenceLawyer has got a Female Fan, it seems. Your comics are pretty good... But how long is Case 1 going to continue?!

Wow, my first female fan? I guess Court Records imitates life :')

And to answer your question, case 1 lasts for two more weeks, maybe less if I do double updates.

I'll do a double update if I feel that the comic I upload doesn't have much content.

I just wanted to try and craft a decent story together, so it is more like a 41-day experience in which I hope to gather a fanbase. Plus, it gives me more time to invest everything I have into case 2, because most sprite comics fall and die at their second case (due to planning not being thorough enough.)

If enough people say "enough is enough" and want the first case over and done with, then I will be sure to listen to them and start posting two comics a day, although personally, I would prefer to update one daily because it was created with this in mind.

I am open to feedback on this :will:

Also, the end of this case will be posted on the same day as the second case's intro.

Come back in an hour, folks, for the next update!
Sig.
Re: (Update 31/08/15) Robert Civil: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Great Revival

The Thinker is a man sitting on a toilet? I knew it.

ob9410 wrote:

It's all a matter on perspective. :jake:
Sig.

ob9410 wrote:

I thought that was obvious, toilets are the best places to reflect about life.

cesar26100 wrote:
ob9410 wrote:

I thought that was obvious, toilets are the best places to reflect about life.

That it is :apollo:

An update is up, folks! :will:
Sig.
Re: (Update 02/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Double post, but I thought that I should point out that tomorrow's update accidentally went up a few minutes early, so... that's a thing.
Sig.

Troll, may I cross your bridge?

How am I just now finding this? You, sir, win a digital sticker.

The characters are interesting, the sprites are creative, and the storyline itself is engaging. Well played.

Rook wrote:
How am I just now finding this? You, sir, win a digital sticker.

The characters are interesting, the sprites are creative, and the storyline itself is engaging. Well played.

Thank you very much, my friend. The positive feedback is always appreciated! :will: Despite the comments all being positive so far, every time I see a new commenter, I brace myself for negative feedback, so it is always a relief *proudly pins on the digital sticker*

The second case is starting in four days time!

Also folks, my first double post is up due to one of the comics not having much content.

I have actually been planning for case 3 today, and man... The future looks fun. Stick around!
Sig.
Re: (Double-Update 03/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

...You sure didn't done a special RC-related sprite comic due to the announcement of AA6. :sad-maya:

...You sure didn't done a special RC-related sprite comic due to the announcement of AA6. :sad-maya:

I know nothing about it, sorry :jake: I am going to purchase a 3DS and play Dual Destinies and the Prof Layton Crossover, but only then can I venture into finding out about GS6 haha.

I waited years of my childhood for GS5, and now it is here and I just can't get to it!

Edit: I was just surfing the net for prices and I can't even find a copy of Dual Destinies on Amazon! Is it still available to buy?!
Sig.

Art Person

Lore's breakdown reminded me a bit of the Wizard of Oz "I'm melting! MELTING!" XD
Nice work with the case! It's not easy writing a case, and you were on time with all the daily updates!

SuperAj3 wrote:
Lore's breakdown reminded me a bit of the Wizard of Oz "I'm melting! MELTING!" XD
Nice work with the case! It's not easy writing a case, and you were on time with all the daily updates!

Thanks man :will: It is just sad to see so many abandoned projects in this forum. Making a sprite comic is incredibly rewarding and pretty damn fun!

To celebrate the announcement of GS6, I may as well make a brief announcement myself (albeit being earlier than I planned.)

Case 2 of Robert Civil: Ace Attorney will be titled....

Spoiler: Case 2 Title

Sig.
Re: (Update 04/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

DefenceLawyer wrote:
Edit: I was just surfing the net for prices and I can't even find a copy of Dual Destinies on Amazon! Is it still available to buy?!

I don't intend to insult your intelligence, but were you possibly looking for a physical copy? If so, you should know that Dual Destinies never received a physical release outside of Japan. If you were looking to buy a digital download code or something, I suggest you look somewhere other than Amazon. I don't usually buy digital codes on the internet, so I wouldn't know a more appropriate place. Sorry.

About the comic, was that the final update for case 1? I might be a bit slow, but what was with Batman? Thank you in advance.
Re: (Update 04/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Loziano wrote:
DefenceLawyer wrote:

I don't intend to insult your intelligence, but were you possibly looking for a physical copy? If so, you should know that Dual Destinies never received a physical release outside of Japan. If you were looking to buy a digital download code or something, I suggest you look somewhere other than Amazon. I don't usually buy digital codes on the internet, so I wouldn't know a more appropriate place. Sorry.

About the comic, was that the final update for case 1? I might be a bit slow, but what was with Batman? Thank you in advance.

I have only recently revisited the world of Ace Attorney, so only found out today that Dual destinies never had a uk physical release.

All is sorted now, some kind folks helped me out :will: (Shout out to you all)

There is still a tiny bit more. Just lobby scenes.

And the Batman thing. Well, the defendant Sam Bae was drunk (and high) so when he was sat on his couch at home watching a Batman movie and saw the secretary wearing a balaclava, his mind mixed the two in his memory. He was struggling to recall it all, so his mind mashed it up, making him believe that he saw Batman, rather than the secretary: a masked figure in the dark.

Does that clear things up a bit?

(Thanks for reading!)
Sig.
Re: (Case 2! Triple-Update 06/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace AttorTopic%20Title

I figured that this was worth the double post:

Case 2 has began!

The Mechanic and the Turnabout is here!

I hope you're strapped in for this, folks.

What are your impressions so far?
Sig.

Great job! I am excited for seeing what Case 2 will be like. Though now that I think about it...will the stories of the cases in this sprite comic be tied together like in most AA games or they will be independent? Case 1 doesn't seem to hint towards any mysteries besides the mention of how "it started it all" so I'm guessing it could be the latter?

cesar26100 wrote:
Great job! I am excited for seeing what Case 2 will be like. Though now that I think about it...will the stories of the cases in this sprite comic be tied together like in most AA games or they will be independent? Case 1 doesn't seem to hint towards any mysteries besides the mention of how "it started it all" so I'm guessing it could be the latter?

Case 2 and 3 will be relatively unconnected, but if I find the time in my schedule, then case 4 is when a bunch of connections will be made.

I won't spoil anything in case I actually do make it that far, but trust me, things will all be connected one day :will:

Edit: A double post is up for case 2!

The background was sourced by Greeny and was taken from the tools linked to when starting his garage-sale, thanks to his Court Records retirement.

Enjoy!
Sig.
Re: (Update 08/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Update folks!

But what I want to tell you about is the other project that I have been working on lately.

I started playing this fantastic visual-graphic-novel-game thing called Romance Detective and ever since I have wanted to make my own.

The only issue with this is that I want it to be 100% mine, meaning that I can't simply edit existing images/sprites like I do with this comic.

In order to practice making this game, I have been attempting making a short Robert Civil related game. Progress is incredibly slow so far, but I am piece by piece understanding how to work the engine.

I keep hitting bumps in turns of graphics on account of me being nowhere near as talented with graphics as even 1% of that community. If there are any people good at sprite-making (as I know some of the folks who read this comic are) then can you please give me advice? I need to find my own style, but that is difficult when I do not understand shadows and other sprite basics.

However, I am trying regardless, as I would love to tell a story through one of those things.

I figured I would show you all the Rachel sprite that I made for my "practice game" (it is only a prototype, of course.)

I just thought that you might like to see it. Have a good day folks and thanks for reading as always :redd:
Sig.

Great Revival

I wish I could help. But that sprite is nice, in my opinion.
Although those eyes are just...staring...into...my...soul.... *dies*

Oliver wrote:
I wish I could help. But that sprite is nice, in my opinion.
Although those eyes are just...staring...into...my...soul.... *dies*

Thanks man, progress with it is going well, have essentially spent my whole day on it! #Summer

(Your name change threw me off! Thank god you kept your avatar!)

Update is up, folks! Meet the client.
Sig.
Re: (Update 09/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

...Is Rachel an Intersex?

Great Revival

Silly Patch...Rachel's the potato chips. Duh.

Winter Flag Trademark

Oliver wrote:

I didn't asked you.

Great Revival

Oliver wrote:

I didn't asked you.

My custom title is so true it makes me sadder than usual. :sadshoe:

Oliver wrote:

I didn't asked you.

Rachel is obviously the potato chips, Patch :')

update, folks!
Sig.
Re: (Update 10/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Great Revival

I mean...how do you not notice Rachel is a packet of potato chips?

Art Person

Hehe, new defendant! Nice sprite work! I like how he was talking about the cars when he said "elderly and homeless" XD

In my mind I picture him speaking informally instead of without reductions :gant: . Like:
>"I thought I'd hit a deer or sumthin'..."
>"I'm insulted you'd even ask!"
Maybe his prim and proper speech is hinting at something? Not really a mechanic? :meekins:

Nice work on the Rachel art! I think her head's a bit too small and dented. Try to sketch out the head, looking at another as reference. Make sure you give her a visible neck too!

Winter Flag Trademark

Potato Chips is not a gender, unfortunately. I'll just going to say it: Either she's genderless or an intersex. If you still want to claim she is a Potato Chips... tell me... What flavor is she? Is she crispy or really hard to bite to?

Spoiler: "SuperAJ"
Hehe, new defendant! Nice sprite work! I like how he was talking about the cars when he said "elderly and homeless" XD

In my mind I picture him speaking informally instead of without reductions :gant: . Like:
>"I thought I'd hit a deer or sumthin'..."
>"I'm insulted you'd even ask!"
Maybe his prim and proper speech is hinting at something? Not really a mechanic? :meekins:

Nice work on the Rachel art! I think her head's a bit too small and dented. Try to sketch out the head, looking at another as reference. Make sure you give her a visible neck too!

As much as I hate to squash theories, I'll be honest and tell you that it is never referenced in-universe :will: I just liked the idea of a poetic mechanic. Perhaps it is because I'm British, but when writing for his character, I had a strong british accent in my head (we're talking Stephen-Fry-level.)

Thanks for the advice man, I'll do some work on it in a minute.

Potato Chips is not a gender, unfortunately. I'll just going to say it: Either she's genderless or an intersex. If you still want to claim she is a Potato Chips... tell me... What flavor is she? Is she crispy or really hard to bite to?

Mate, I'm willing to say 'cheese and chives' and talk about potato chips all day, but I have to admit, I'm a tad confused :basil: What makes you think Rachel isn't a woman?
Sig.

Art Person

DefenceLawyer wrote:
As much as I hate to squash theories, I'll be honest and tell you that it is never referenced in-universe :will: I just liked the idea of a poetic mechanic. Perhaps it is because I'm British, but when writing for his character, I had a strong british accent in my head (we're talking Stephen-Fry-level.)

Haha, now I'll be reading his words in my head like that!

You know they're just joking around XD It's possible she's female? :adrian:

Winter Flag Trademark

Spoiler: @SuperAj3 @DefenceLawyer
To answer you two's questions: It was all thanks to the way DefenceLawyer has made her sprites. Not to offending or anything, but I sometimes mistake Rachel's Lips as a Lip alright, but it has some mustache too. And besides, the OA of Rachel the series creator tried to make. Eh, she looks like a woman, but a few details are also kinda male-ish. I often get confused with their gender, so... yes. The lips... and for some reasons, when she's a Co-Counsel, her eyes and lips join in the act. And it's exactly how I often get confused of their gender, so I thought that they're Intersex. Eh.

Spoiler: @SuperAj3 @DefenceLawyer
To answer you two's questions: It was all thanks to the way DefenceLawyer has made her sprites. Not to offending or anything, but I sometimes mistake Rachel's Lips as a Lip alright, but it has some mustache too. And besides, the OA of Rachel the series creator tried to make. Eh, she looks like a woman, but a few details are also kinda male-ish. I often get confused with their gender, so... yes. The lips... and for some reasons, when she's a Co-Counsel, her eyes and lips join in the act. And it's exactly how I often get confused of their gender, so I thought that they're Intersex. Eh.

To be honest, I'm not happy about her sprites either, but when I get the time, I'm going to revamp her (perhaps in case 3) under the guise of her growing up.

It'll improve, my friend :)

Update, folks!
Sig.
Re: (Update 11/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

Well, let's hope for the better. I don't want anyone, even it's me or not-get confused at defining anyone's gender. :pearl:

Well, let's hope for the better. I don't want anyone, even it's me or not-get confused at defining anyone's gender. :pearl:

I've just done some work on her sprite. It'll be fixed in case 3 (if that day comes)

A late update is up, folks! A dude's gotta live.
Sig.

Great Revival

DefenceLawyer wrote:

I've just done some work on her sprite. It'll be fixed in case 3 (if that day comes)

How dare you live. *readies shotgun* There had better be a good explanation for you "living"

Oliver wrote:
DefenceLawyer wrote:

How dare you live. *readies shotgun* There had better be a good explanation for you "living"

Poker night with the lads. So I guess my reason for lateness is: poker and alcohol.

I think that reason passes :')
Sig.
Re: (Update 12/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Great Revival

Hmph...you'll get a pass this time...
Also, when (if) will characters who aren't OCs appear? (Other than cameos like Gumshoe) I mean, I love these characters, but I'd love to see :phoenix: or something...oh yeah, and Payne sucks, he doesn't count...and the judge is a ghost, he doesn't count. :yogi:
Page 3 of 9 [ 359 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprite Comics