Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

OC Contest Entry: Therese ChansonTopic%20Title

Ta-da!

Hello! This is the first time I made a post on CR, and my first time to enter the OC contest after having been an observer for some time now... so I'm pretty nervous, haha. Well, here's my entry!

Entrant's Name: Janelle
Entrant's Website: Tumblr

Character's Name: “Harmony” / Therese Chanson (real name)

Brief Physical Description:
Therese is fairly lean and athletic, but hides it under the puffed dress that she wears regularly. She wears glasses only because she believes it helps hide her secret. Her every-day dress is a contrast to her outfit as “Harmony” - it’s much lighter and more presentable. Compared to her dark dress, her circus outfit is bolder, showcasing her confidence and talent onstage.

Brief Personality Description:
Therese is very cheerful and optimistic, and she does her best not only to make the audience happy, but the people around her as well. Though well-known as “the trapeze artist who sings”, and a favorite among the frequent circus-goers, Therese prefers to keep the attention away from her if possible - not because she’s shy, but the pressure and expectations from being a star make her feel insecure about her “regular self” off stage and how people might perceive her. She’s also a modest person, and she believes there are others who deserve the attention more than her.

As “Harmony”, Therese would focus on exhibiting her talent and strength, and she concentrates almost as if there were no audience watching her – just her trapeze partner, Peace, and herself, Harmony. This has become part of her routine when she practices and performs, which also means she would sometimes find herself being completely lost in her own world, and someone has to snap her back to reality. Because of this, she lets her guard down quite easily… and with her secret to keep, she finds it too risky to talk to people, so she mostly keeps to herself, even when around her fellow circus performers.

When she’s not practicing, or out promoting the circus, Therese likes to write songs and poems, some (of which) she has performed on stage as part of her act.

Connection to canon characters (if applicable):
A friend, who then becomes a client of Ryuunosuke's.

Brief Background:
Ryuunosuke and Susato took an interest to the circus when Therese happened to be handing out flyers outside of the courthouse. Sherlock and Iris had heard about the circus before, and with an eager Susato and a curious Ryuunosuke, they decided to take their friends to the circus. When Iris asked if Therese was part of the circus performers, she quickly denied it, saying she “merely hands out flyers to promote the circus”. Sherlock was quick to point out as well that since she’s wearing glasses, she couldn't possibly be a performer, and Therese agreed.

After seeing the show, the group ran into Therese again, recognizing her as the girl who handed out the flyers earlier. Iris ran up to her and, having figured out that Therese was the one up on the trapeze, congratulated her for an amazing performance. Surprised and happy to hear someone praise her for the first time ”as Therese”, she thanked them... realizing too late that she had completely revealed her secret. Since then, they became her first few friends outside the circus that she felt she could trust.

One night, Therese’s trapeze partner, Peace, was found dead with a stab wound on the back. The scene of the crime was on stage, and it happened during their performance. To be more specific, as Peace was about to swing towards Harmony, the stage lights were suddenly turned off. After a while, with the crowd in panic, the lights shone on stage again and all eyes laid on Peace, who was on the ground, dead. Harmony was still hung up in the air by her legs, with her arms reaching down as if she had just let go of someone, or some thing. She was charged of the murder.

With no other leads, Ryuunosuke and the others decided to investigate the circus… perhaps there was someone who worked with the knife throwing acts...

Link to entry:

Spoiler: Full body

Spoiler: Few expressions

Trivia:
- Therese’s name is only a personal choice, but I chose Chanson, which means “song” in French.

- She’s always fascinated when she sees someone showing their impressive talents, whether it be from the performing arts, or even a simple deduction - that’s why she was impressed when Sherlock quickly pointed out her glasses and concluded that she couldn’t be a performer. But she also couldn’t believe he fell for it.

- Adding to that, she was extremely scared and intimidated by Barok at first, but after seeing his leg slam she wonders if she could recruit him to be her next trapeze partner.

I hope I did this right... Thank you for taking a look!
Re: OC Contest Entry: Therese ChansonTopic%20Title

Court Illustrator

THERE SHE IS!!!! Precious daughter aaaa
Her expressions are so cute and she's just lovely in general!
i draw them barnlaws
art blog

OMG It's so pretty.
It's official. I ain't winning. Oh well. At least I'll go out in style......good entry. It looks SO so good

Neighborhood Friendly Tomato

I am very happy the Cinnamon Star has risen! (Whole beans she's so cute I could hug her--)

♥ #LocalizeDGS or bust ♥

SHE'S SO CUTE AAAAAHHHHHH!! I love your clothing design for her, and she just seems like such an angel. I just want to take her under my Large Mother Albatross Wings SHE'S SO LOVELY PLEASE...
I'm Yumihiko Ichiyanagi and you're watching Disney Channel.

Art Person

AMAZING! I love your art style! I haven't seen all the other entrants yet but you're getting one of my votes!

Ta-da!

Tryphena wrote:
THERE SHE IS!!!! Precious daughter aaaa
Her expressions are so cute and she's just lovely in general!

Tryph!! Thank you! I love how Victoria just gives off the protective mom vibe for Therese... :edgey:

Alphawave wrote:
OMG It's so pretty.
It's official. I ain't winning. Oh well. At least I'll go out in style......good entry. It looks SO so good

Honestly all the entries are so good and have unique and interesting backgrounds, more so than mine ;;! And yours seem to be very well-thought out too!! :edgey:

redasatomato wrote:
I am very happy the Cinnamon Star has risen! (Whole beans she's so cute I could hug her--)

She'll definitely hug you back if she could! :edgey:

Violet Valentine wrote:
SHE'S SO CUTE AAAAAHHHHHH!! I love your clothing design for her, and she just seems like such an angel. I just want to take her under my Large Mother Albatross Wings SHE'S SO LOVELY PLEASE...

THANK YOU AAAH I had fun designing her clothes!

SuperAj3 wrote:
AMAZING! I love your art style! I haven't seen all the other entrants yet but you're getting one of my votes!

Thank you so much!! Haha you might reconsider once you check out the other entries, but thank you for the kind words!! :edgey:

I love how there's a smiling Edgeworth smiley...... that is incredible. :edgey:
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart