Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart

Page 1 of 1[ 24 posts ]

OC Contest Entry: Enrico DiFigaroTopic%20Title

♥ #LocalizeDGS or bust ♥

1/27/16 EDIT: 2ND PLACE, WOW!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Oh my gosh, I can hardly believe it!! I'm so happy you liked Enrico so much, and thank you so much for voting, and a BIG BIG BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO JANELLE AND TRYPH FOR PLACING TOO!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS and oh my goodness I just wish we could hold a party for everyone who participated!! From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!! I'm so happy I'll be smiling for weeks!!!

:thena-hair: :thena-hair: :thena-hair:

Hello, there! I've been a long-time lurker of the forums and observer of the OC Contests, but have only just recently mustered up the guts to actually enter, haha. Here we go!

Entrant's Name: Violet (Violet Valentine)
Entrant's Website: Tumblr
Character's Name: Enrico DiFigaro
Brief Physical Description:
DiFigaro is a lithe, olive-skinned young man of above-average height. Beneath his left eye is a small beauty mark, and a prominent lock of his dark hair curls in such a way that resembles a treble clef.

Always dressed to the nines, DiFigaro has an affinity for high-quality clothing, and appears to be… open-minded with his color sense.

DiFigaro broke his right leg in a recent stage accident - unfortunately, the bone did not heal properly, and said leg is permanently crooked and bent at angle. To help correct this and alleviate post-traumatic pain, he wears a brace that buckles around the limb, and walks with one crutch beneath his left arm to evenly support his body weight and aid mobility.

Brief Personality Description:
An upbeat, roguish young man overflowing with confidence, DiFigaro is a natural celebrity both inside the theatre and out. He's talented, charismatic, and handsome - and he knows it, making doubly sure everyone around him knows as well.

DiFigaro is deeply passionate about opera and the performing arts, and frequently quotes (or rather, dramatically reenacts) scenes of all kinds when spoken to. Occasionally he will even begin behaving exclusively as a role he once played, and even go so far as to refuse to speak to anyone unless they acknowledge him as his character. This can make it difficult to hold a conversation with him (Holmes even surmises that this "selective method acting" is just a roundabout way for him to change the subject when confronted.) DiFigaro is also notoriously difficult to work with on set, often making outrageous demands and even arguing with the director about how to run the show, quite literally. Perhaps his prima donna nature isn’t all that strange and audacious in the world of the performing arts – but to most, he simply comes off as obnoxious. He is very moody, partially due to being a man of the theatre, and partly to just being a natural drama queen. Constantly picking bits of the scenery out of his teeth wherever he goes.

Underneath all the theatrics, however, DiFigaro is a kind and honest man who wears his heart on his sleeve. Too honest for his own good, in fact - his profound trust in others is well-meaning, but tends to get him trouble, and as a result he often falls victim to his own naïveté. Yet no matter how many times he may be tricked or led astray, DiFigaro continues to place his utmost faith in the good of others, believing everyone else to be as forthcoming as he - after all, why wouldn't they?

Connection to canon characters (if applicable): A client of Ryuunosuke Naruhodo's.

Brief Background:
DiFigaro is a professional opera singer from Italy who has been charged with the murder of Leone Malefatto, the leading actor in his ensemble's latest show. On opening night, the show proceeded as planned - until the finale, when Malefatto began flubbing his lines and staggering as he danced and sang to the closing aria. As soon as his song ended, Malefatto collapsed on the balcony, falling over the edge and breaking his neck on impact of the fall, and was later discovered to have been poisoned via drinking water during the final intermission. DiFigaro was apprehended as the killer, as he was believed to be the only person involved with the show who had sufficient motive and means.

To elaborate: three months prior, DiFigaro and Malefatto were rehearsing on set. The scene they were practicing took place on a high balcony, on which DiFigaro was leaning. As per the script, Malefatto shoved DiFigaro aside, their characters engaging in a scuffle - however, in a dire twist of fate, DiFigaro was knocked over the edge of the balcony, falling twenty feet down and breaking his right leg when he hit the ground.

DiFigaro was immediately admitted to a local clinic, where medical staff did all that they could to help mend the injury. Unfortunately, the damage was done, and while DiFigaro would be able to walk again, he would need to do so with the use of a brace and crutch.

As his role in the opera was very physically demanding, DiFigaro was forced to resign and turn the role over to Malefatto, who had, interestingly, already memorized the part "just in case". Despite his newfound struggle in mobility, DiFigaro continued his opera career, but was restricted to roles with minimal movement. At present, he still vigorously pursues any part in a show he can manage, but is often rejected in favor of "a more agile actor". Nonetheless, he continues his career with endless passion and vigor, knowing full well that he's a cut above the rest and that those directors simply don't know what they're missing!

Combined with the fact that DiFigaro was the only person to speak with Malefatto in private during the intermission, as well as having a small vial of atroquinine discovered in his dressing room after the show, this supposed motive for revenge as well as the evidence that accompanied it was enough for the authorities to finger him as the culprit. A close friend of Enrico’s sought out Ryuunosuke for legal assistance after hearing the latter’s name through the grapevine, impressed and filled with hope by his rumored prowess in the courtroom.

Ryuunosuke isn’t sure what will be more difficult – solving the case or having to sit around listening to this guy belt out the entirety of Carmen in his ear all day.

Link to entry:
Spoiler: Large image; full body and expressions

Spoiler: Large image; "Screenshots" and bonus sketch

Trivia:

- Enrico takes his first name from 19th century operatic tenor Enrico Caruso, widely regarded as one of the most famous tenors in history. His surname, DiFigaro, is taken from the opera classic "The Marriage of Figaro", or "Le nozze di Figaro" in Italian.

- His prima donna persona and exasperating flair for melodrama both on and off set has earned him the moniker Enrico Difficile, an offshoot of his surname that literally translates to, as you probably guessed, "difficult”.

- Whenever DiFigaro takes a bow, roses are showered at his feet. Nobody in the opera company seems to know what Ryuunosuke is talking about when he wonders aloud where they even come from.

- The “case” in which DiFigaro appears is titled “The Adventure of the Fatal Finale”.

Whew! I'm sorry about the length of some of those segments. Thank you so much for taking a look!
I'm Yumihiko Ichiyanagi and you're watching Disney Channel.

Last edited by Violet Valentine on Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Re: OC Contest Entry: Enrico DiFigaroTopic%20Title

Hello there, fellow first time entrant here as well! I love your entry, I'm now kicking myself for not adding more to mine (I almost wrote out my whole case for my guy/all reactions, but decided against it, haha)

DiFigaro looks like he fits right in! You've got a great handle on the AA Capcom style, and I love the expressions he's got. Good luck in the contest!

Your entry's AMAZING! I'm jealous about the amount of detail in both the guy AND the background. I just know you're gonna get first place. Makes the entry I'm working on currently seem lame compared to yours.

Either way, it's REALLY nice. I honestly do hope you win :)

Great Revival

As the others have said, you've got this in the bag.
If you don't get first place it would be an injustice!
I especially love that you went the extra mile and made some poses!

♥ #LocalizeDGS or bust ♥

tofuplusbeast wrote:
Hello there, fellow first time entrant here as well! I love your entry, I'm now kicking myself for not adding more to mine (I almost wrote out my whole case for my guy/all reactions, but decided against it, haha)

DiFigaro looks like he fits right in! You've got a great handle on the AA Capcom style, and I love the expressions he's got. Good luck in the contest!

Oh, my, thank you so much! Good luck to you too, the Swordsman is so expressive and larger than life! Maybe he and Enrico would get along pretty well hamming it up, hehe.

Alphawave wrote:
Your entry's AMAZING! I'm jealous about the amount of detail in both the guy AND the background. I just know you're gonna get first place. Makes the entry I'm working on currently seem lame compared to yours.

Either way, it's REALLY nice. I honestly do hope you win :)

Oh, gosh, you're too sweet, thank you! There are so many awesome entries, I can hardly wait to see how great the turnout will be by the deadline. And your entry is so cool, I can tell you put a lot of love into Guy and his backstory is so rich and thought-provoking!

Oliver wrote:
As the others have said, you've got this in the bag.
If you don't get first place it would be an injustice!
I especially love that you went the extra mile and made some poses!

Man, you guys are making me blush! Those expressions took me quite a bit of time (and some pain here and there LOL) but I'm happy with how they turned out. I'm so glad to hear you enjoy them too!

Thank you guys so much for your kind words! It means so much to me ;___;

♥ #LocalizeDGS or bust ♥

Also, for what it's worth, this is what Enrico sounds like in my head, haha. Boom, baby!

@Violet: You're welcome! I'm pretty sure The Swordsman would enjoy trading theatrical tips with Enrico, haha!
(also, I've just drawn your guy--he's in a pic I threw into my entry thread because I don't know where else I'd put it D: )

Violet Valentine wrote:

That voice is PERFECT (Even for Kuzco, the Italian dubbing is surprisingly good). Oh god, I need to figure out how MY OC will sound like...I might put in on my thread in a sec, as soon as I find the perfect voice.
Quote:
Oh, gosh, you're too sweet, thank you! There are so many awesome entries, I can hardly wait to see how great the turnout will be by the deadline. And your entry is so cool, I can tell you put a lot of love into Guy and his backstory is so rich and thought-provoking!

Dude, you yourself are WAY too humble. You went the extra mile and you got yourself a hammy character WORTHY of the Ace Attorney franchise. I put WAY too much effort onto Seizan/Guy here, way too much, but it seems MEASLY compared to what you have done. I envy your art style, I really do. Whether or not you win (and I mean it when I say it will be a travesty if you don't at least get some kind of prize), you're a winner in my eyes buddy :D This guy's got me sold!

Great Revival

Violet Valentine wrote:

Yes.
Yes.
YES!
That is bloody PERFECT!

♥ #LocalizeDGS or bust ♥

Oliver wrote:

Alphawave wrote:
That voice is PERFECT (Even for Kuzco, the Italian dubbing is surprisingly good). Oh god, I need to figure out how MY OC will sound like...I might put in on my thread in a sec, as soon as I find the perfect voice.

Dude, you yourself are WAY too humble. You went the extra mile and you got yourself a hammy character WORTHY of the Ace Attorney franchise. I put WAY too much effort onto Seizan/Guy here, way too much, but it seems MEASLY compared to what you have done. I envy your art style, I really do. Whether or not you win (and I mean it when I say it will be a travesty if you don't at least get some kind of prize), you're a winner in my eyes buddy :D This guy's got me sold!

Heehee, I'm just jazzed to hear you agree! I mean, it's one thing for me to think Enrico sounds like Italian Kuzco (who totally does have an amazing voice actor, almost makes me wanna rewatch the film in that language!) since he's my character and all, but for you guys to hear the same thing and agree - I don't know, I think it's just cool that you can hear him the same way I do!

And oh gosh, Guy doesn't seem measly or anything at all! I feel like he's the kind of person you definitely notice when he walks into a room, in such a way that he's so passionate and expressive with all this energy about him. Not to mention a noble goal to bridge the gap between cultures that are quickly coming to collide within the turn of the century... he has a really fascinating personality and backstory! I find him endearing, haha :viola: Plus, I just love how you rendered his face in your paintings. There's so much depth to his features, when I look at him I'm reminded of someone I might know in real life! I know that without a name that probably sounds like a cookie-cutter thing to say, but I really mean it - if only I could remember who. Hm!

I'm just happy to be able to have entered the contest with you guys and your amazing entries. While placing would certainly be awesome, I've had a ton of fun just making my entry, seeing everyone else's, and talking with you guys! And I have to thank you again for your kind words - I was/am having kind of a rough night emotionally, but your sweet comments were really uplifting and made my day!

[Whip the cream!]

Gosh, I love everything about this bloke. I adore characters like that. Gorgeous pictures! You'd have my vote, that's for sure.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Last edited by WaitingforGodot on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Great Revival

WaitingforGodot wrote:
You'll have my vote, that's for sure.

Enrico DiFigaro for president!

[Whip the cream!]

Darn, was going to write "you'd". But I had no idea the winner would become the new president!
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Great Revival

You DIDN'T?

♥ #LocalizeDGS or bust ♥

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Gosh, I love everything about this bloke. I adore characters like that. Gorgeous pictures! You'd have my vote, that's for sure.

Aw, thank you so much! I have such a weakness for characters who just think they're the cock of the walk, pft. I'm very glad you like him!

And president, huh? I'm trying to imagine him as president of anything... with his way of running things, it's probably for the best that he sticks to performing instead :gant:

Violet Valentine wrote:
And president, huh? I'm trying to imagine him as president of anything... with his way of running things, it's probably for the best that he sticks to performing instead :gant:

VIVA EL PRESIDENTE!!!!!
Can I....can I be chancellor? Seizan's itching to be the right-hand man of someone—preferably Japanese. (Can't imagine him as a leader)

Great Revival

Alphawave wrote:
Violet Valentine wrote:

VIVA EL PRESIDENTE!!!!!
Can I....can I be chancellor? Seizan's itching to be the right-hand man of someone—preferably Japanese. (Can't imagine him as a leader)

Well I mean, I'm gonna choose myself as the winner, even if I'm not doing any art.
I totally deserve to be president of "doing jackshit" land. :butzthumbs:

Court Illustrator

THERE HE IS, the illustrious, the grandiose dork son!! HONESTLY I SHOULD'VE POSTED SOONER but he's such a fun character who'd definitely fit right in the game! Also I really, really love that a part of his hair is shaped like a treble cleft because that was really creative (especially since you made it work so well and it looks good on him)!!
i draw them barnlaws
art blog

♥ #LocalizeDGS or bust ♥

Tryphena wrote:
THERE HE IS, the illustrious, the grandiose dork son!! HONESTLY I SHOULD'VE POSTED SOONER but he's such a fun character who'd definitely fit right in the game! Also I really, really love that a part of his hair is shaped like a treble cleft because that was really creative (especially since you made it work so well and it looks good on him)!!

AW THANK YOU SO MUCH TRYPH!! I don't know much about music at all but for some reason I'm so drawn to music-themed character design stuff LOL... I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate a treble clef into someone's hair for literal years, I'm glad it's recognizable, haha.
I LOVE VICTORIA SO MUCH, dude she totally fits right in, too - I can imagine her on my 3DS screen with her own leitmotif and everything! I wonder if she and Enrico's paths have ever crossed before...? Hehe.

Court Illustrator

Violet Valentine wrote:
AW THANK YOU SO MUCH TRYPH!! I don't know much about music at all but for some reason I'm so drawn to music-themed character design stuff LOL... I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate a treble clef into someone's hair for literal years, I'm glad it's recognizable, haha.
I LOVE VICTORIA SO MUCH, dude she totally fits right in, too - I can imagine her on my 3DS screen with her own leitmotif and everything! I wonder if she and Enrico's paths have ever crossed before...? Hehe.

SAME honestly I'm not familiar with the technical side in it but I still make characters around it oops. And I can totally see that with Enrico too! He'd fit in the games perfectly and he'd definitely be one of my favs, haha! I can imagine her watching one of his performances in the past before the accident happened. She'd definitely be impressed by his spark!
i draw them barnlaws
art blog

Neighborhood Friendly Tomato

Can we get Enrico his own detective cap for keepsies? Because he should have one. And a hug. But yes.

/cues Enrico's New Groove theme song

♥ #LocalizeDGS or bust ♥

Tryphena wrote:
SAME honestly I'm not familiar with the technical side in it but I still make characters around it oops. And I can totally see that with Enrico too! He'd fit in the games perfectly and he'd definitely be one of my favs, haha! I can imagine her watching one of his performances in the past before the accident happened. She'd definitely be impressed by his spark!

AW thank you so much!! They'd practically leave a whole garden wherever they went with all those roses that fall from nowhere, LOL

redasatomato wrote:
Can we get Enrico his own detective cap for keepsies? Because he should have one. And a hug. But yes.

/cues Enrico's New Groove theme song

ONLY IF YOU WANT TO KEEP HIM IN PERMANENT SHERLOCK MODE™ LMFAO but the hug... yes... we must all hug our sons and daughters

Ta-da!

The first time I saw your entry I was so in awe because Enrico is such... such an Ace Attorney type of character!! He has the looks and personality and everything! He definitely fits right in and I can totally picture him in the game! I also love his color scheme... he's such a colorful character... in more ways than one! :edgey:

Art Person

I love the personality you put in his expressions! It's so charming! :sparkly-maggey:
Page 1 of 1 [ 24 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart