Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 3[ 93 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AA pachinko game announced, CM features anime scenesTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

...So yeah, Ace Attorney pachinko machine was announced?

Last night a CM for an upcoming Ace Attorney-themed pachinko machine was released. As part of the ad, we can see a series of animated clips seemingly based in 1-4 and JFA:

For a better look, Calios has compiled the shots into a single video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiE6mPF ... e=youtu.be

Do note it isn't officially confirmed these are from the anime; it's entirely possible these are special-made for the Pachinko game.

Update: Ash weighs in:

Ash wrote:
I'd say it's the other way around though: while it might be footage from the upcoming anime, there's a much bigger chance that this is footage exclusive for the pachinko machine actually. Pachinko machines very, very often feature exclusively animated footage. They have that more often than re-used footage.

(Trivia: voicing pachinko anime sequences is one of the best paid jobs for voice actors in Japan, paying muuuuuch better than TV anime)

That, along with the lack of attribution to A-1, means this might just be specially-made for the game. But even still, it's pretty cool!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Possible first look at AA anime in pachinko adTopic%20Title

迷探偵

I'd say it's the other way around though: while it might be footage from the upcoming anime, there's a much bigger chance that this is footage exclusive for the pachinko machine actually. Pachinko machines very, very often feature exclusively animated footage. They have that more often than re-used footage.

(Trivia: voicing pachinko anime sequences is one of the best paid jobs for voice actors in Japan, paying muuuuuch better than TV anime)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Thaaaanks! They so look wonderful! :D

@Bolt Storm

Hi! I've been beaten to it, I guess. Just ignore my silly PM to you :))

Please delete this topic :)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=31724

And this last post on the anime thread.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31456&start=120

Thanks!

Last edited by cyanoscarlet on Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

迷探偵

(Also: Capcom: Have Irem make one of their PachiPara adventure games based on this machine! Something like Fuunroku 4! Crazy free-roaming mystery adventure (with dating sim elements. And more!) and the ability to play the machine in-game.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

They are actually going to do it ... I can't believe that they are actually (or potentially) going to animate this particular part of the series.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ash wrote:

Thanks for the insight; I didn't know how common this kind of stuff was. I also noticed there's no attribution to A-1 or the show's network anywhere that I can see, which further tips the scale in that direction. Updated the first post a bit.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

Bolt Storm wrote:
Ash wrote:

Thanks for the insight; I didn't know how common this kind of stuff was. I also noticed there's no attribution to A-1 or the show's network anywhere that I can see, which further tips the scale in that direction. Updated the first post a bit.

Have you ever read on the Silent Hill pachinko drama that happened a while back? Interesting history there in terms on how they prioritize those machines over the actual video games(or anime).

Still hoping that it's from the series itself though.
Re: Possible first look at AA anime in pachinko ad (or not)Topic%20Title

Derper

Well, at least if the actual anime turns out to be not so good, we can try having someone play the pachinko game and record the anime scenes. Other users can use then them in AMVs and make viewers confused where the exact scenes come from, just like with some Resident Evil tribute videos that used biohazard Pachislot footage.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Athena Internet Defense Force

If it's real, it looks very nice.

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:

Pachinko machines often feature exclusive animation that is better than the TV/game counterparts, so I wouldn't even be surprised if the TV series looks quite differently.

Also: animation studios are seldom this far in the production process of a TV series, so many months before the release. Episodes are often only finished just before broadcast. To put things in perspective: the first voice actor recording session for Kindaich Shounen no Jikenbo Returns (which is running in the slot the AA anime will take in April) was only a month before the show started! (and TV anime is always after recording, so when the animation is ready).

Maya! You look so... manly.

C-A

I find it funny just about every community I involve myself in with seems to inevitably post an announcement the franchise they follow has been adapted for the pachinko market.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

All this video has shown me is that Pachinko is a very turnabout trial of events, and I would agree.

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
I find it funny just about every community I involve myself in with seems to inevitably post an announcement the franchise they follow has been adapted for the pachinko market.

I'm more surprised it took this long, but I suppose it works as a side promotion of the GS anime. This actually looks better than the actual promo poster featured at Jump Festa.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Is there a difference between "pachinko" and "pachislot"?

Pachinko is more like plinko in that you watch balls fall from the top through gates and such, and hitting a certain area activates the slots on the screen. The player can control the ball launches, though, so it's more of a game of skill. Pachislot lets you control the slots themselves via buttons. (They're also those slot machines you see in Pokemon Game Corners.)

I don't play either, so I can't tell you the scoring mechanisms or such, but that's about it.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

A New Chapter of Trials!

It was bound to happen someday. Heck I have to admit this looks pretty fun.
Eureka!

迷探偵

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
I don't play either, so I can't tell you the scoring mechanisms or such, but that's about it.

For Pachinko, the number of ball you have is basically your 'score'. For every ball you get through the gate, you get more balls back, and a spin on the slot machine on the screen. If you manage to get the same three numbers from a spin, the gate will open wider, making it easier for you get more balls in. When you're ready, you can have your winnings (= number of balls) converted to a ticket, and exchange the ticket for money (not at the Pachinko parlor itself though).

The anime shown on the screen within the machine is connected to how well you're doing. For example, it will probably show a decisive moment of a trial when you're in Reach mode on the slot machine (two same numbers, waiting for the third). Expect Phoenix to present conclusive evidence when the third number is a hit, or Phoenix to present his attorney's badge when the number turns out to be something different.
Re: AA pachinko game announced, CM features anime scenesTopic%20Title

Programmer

That sounds a little interesting. Still, if there is a game about balls, I prefer pinball. Deeper rulesets, more components, the classical DMD animations and no pressure of winning any price.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

A Kirby and AA fan

Ash wrote:
The anime shown on the screen within the machine is connected to how well you're doing. For example, it will probably show a decisive moment of a trial when you're in Reach mode on the slot machine (two same numbers, waiting for the third). Expect Phoenix to present conclusive evidence when the third number is a hit, or Phoenix to present his attorney's badge when the number turns out to be something different.

That... actually sounds really interesting. I kinda wanna try it now, but I know I never ever will

Blah!

Nurio wrote:
Ash wrote:

That... actually sounds really interesting. I kinda wanna try it now, but I know I never ever will

I hear that Yakuza 5 has a good simulated Pachinko machine.

A Kirby and AA fan

blahmoomoo wrote:
I hear that Yakuza 5 has a good simulated Pachinko machine.

But... But that's not Ace Attorney! D=

Calios wrote:
They are actually going to do it ... I can't believe that they are actually (or potentially) going to animate this particular part of the series.

I forgot to reply to this...
I would actually have been more surprised if they didn't! If it's in the game, why not in the anime? It's not like anime is more prudish than games

迷探偵

Nurio wrote:
Ash wrote:

In the end, Pachinko machines are basically gambling machines, with set pay-out rates, so you don't really have influence on the slot machines (the anime sequences are just there to be flashy and attract your attention). The only thing the player can do is try to get as many balls through the gate to activate the slot machine.

Gardevoir lover

Konami! *Shakes hand violently*
...Sorry force of habit.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Beware of the Dog

It looks really awesome... I'm really not into this kind of thing, but that's cool... Japan is something like a wonderland of themed stuff, they've got your most childish dreams ready for sale... *daydreams*

Kevin Wright: Ace Attorney

I just feel it wouldn't make sense for them to have to animate twice instead of using what they made for the machine.
Kevin Ace Attorney Image Image

Last edited by Kevin Ace Attorney on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

迷探偵

Kevin Ace Attorney wrote:
I just feel it wouldn't sense for them to have to animate twice instead of using what they made for the machine.

Actually, I can think of loads of reasons:

1) Like I said earlier, it's unlikely A1 Pictures is that far in the production process. TV anime is produced quite close to the broadcasting date (which is in April in the case of Ace Attorney), and as they have several other projects running in this season, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even have much finished material yet.

2) The trailer for the Pachinko machine mentions specifically that the story mode consists of Reunion, and Turnabout and Turnabout Goodbyes. That's why you only see scenes from those episodes in the trailer. Because much is done through CG models, there's actually very little animated footage, so it wouldn't be expensive to have a couple of scenes animated exclusively for the machine (especially if they all run under 30 seconds).

3) Note that the website for the Pachinko machine only credits Capcom. Nowadays a TV anime is usually produced, and copyrighted, by a Production Committee (In this case, probably the Ace Attorney Production Committee). A Production Committee assembles all the stakeholders in the project (for example, Capcom, the TV networks, the animation studio, other sponsors) and is basically a risk-carrying construction. The live-action film for example isn't just copyrighted by Capcom, it's copyrighted by both Capcom and the (film) Ace Attorney Production Committee. Anyway, if this trailer (and the machine) used footage from the anime, it should most likely mention both Capcom and the Production Committee. Capcom can't just say 'Oh, we're also doing a TV anime, so use this.' It's not owned by just them.

4) It would cost Capcom money to have the machine use TV anime footage! In general, a licensed Pachinko machine is good for 7% royalty (per machine, with most parlors probably buying at least 10 machines). If they used anime footage, it would used a product licensed by the Ace Attorney Production Committee, which means the royalies would have to be split between the other parties within the committee (the TV networks etc.). So why not just license the thing themselves directly, have Heiwa pay for the animation and keep all the royalties for themselves?

Of course, it's possible it's footage from the TV anime. It's just unlikely. Depending on what studio Heiwa/Capcom asked to do the footage, there's of course always the chance A1 did animate this (though unlikely), but even then it'd be animated exclusively for the machine/trailer (as you can't just reuse footage from another project, even if some of the parties are the same in both projects).

Kevin Wright: Ace Attorney

That does make sense.
Kevin Ace Attorney Image Image

A Kirby and AA fan

Ash wrote:
In the end, Pachinko machines are basically gambling machines, with set pay-out rates, so you don't really have influence on the slot machines (the anime sequences are just there to be flashy and attract your attention). The only thing the player can do is try to get as many balls through the gate to activate the slot machine.

Sounds like any freemium game to me! Except you don't win anything back!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Konami! *Shakes hand violently*
...Sorry force of habit.

Hit the lever!

Actually, the following exchange somehow made me laugh. It looks like something out of a dry comedy:

I just feel it wouldn't make sense
Ash wrote:
*explanation*
That does make sense.

Blah!

Even without the licensing costs, I'd imagine having unique scenes would make the machine more attractive to AA fans who are not regular pachinko players as well.

Since I am a total noob at these things, how are the odds of 1/249.2 for jackpot compared to other pachinko?

迷探偵

blahmoomoo wrote:
Even without the licensing costs, I'd imagine having unique scenes would make the machine more attractive to AA fans who are not regular pachinko players as well.

To be honest, I don't think pachinko is one of those things that are likely to attract new players outside pachinko players. It's basically gambling and you can't even enter parlors unless you're (a legal) adult.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Since I am a total noob at these things, how are the odds of 1/249.2 for jackpot compared to other pachinko?

A quick look on the internet told me that those odds would make the machine a light middle type. Relatively easy to get a hit, but the return (the number of balls returned) are lower than with a middle or MAX type.

迷探偵

Via hosobo: New (longer) trailer for the machine (new footage).

Art Person

26 episodes? Woah! I kinda wish this gets a port in a non-pachinko form, all these awesome anime cutscenes and 3D animations!

Programmer

Anyone bored enough to subtitle that new trailer?
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

A Kirby and AA fan

Definitely bored enough. Far from skilled enough, though!

Are you asking for the entire thing to be subtitled? I could give it a try, but I'm no expert on pachinko.

Then again, it seems to have a unique GS Rush mode set to Pursuit~Cornered and the max jackpot... or something.

Man, I really want that to be the anime's footage. It looks so nice.

Art Person

I long for the day someone rips the 3D models and animations from this game!

Gardevoir lover

SuperAj3 wrote:
I long for the day someone rips the 3D models and animations from this game!

Dem beautiful models

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Then I say good luck to whom can get away with breaking into a pachinko machine and acquiring the visual data to be ripped from. The animations play on the machines themselves, not a console. XD

Finally got a chance to get to that translation... but I'm stuck with the pachinko terms. What do I call things that are smaller winnings than "jackpot"?

Page 1 of 3 [ 93 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes