Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 56 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ace Attorney 6 in Famitsu 2/10/16: Full ScansTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Sorry for the slight delay on these!

Spoiler: Scans

Translations in progress...

As leaked earlier, the prosecutor is Nayuta Saadmadhi - described as the “Funeral Prosecutor”, they’re an international prosecutor and an eminent monk in the Kingdom of Kurain with a devout belief in their religion. They believe that convicting the guilty in court means salvation for the victims. Has a soft demeanor, but has a sharp tongue. And why are we using "they?" Because their gender isn't totally clear at this point! (Sadly, the full article doesn't really clear it up.)

We see several screenshots of Nayuta going up against Apollo in court - and he's got Athena to back him up this time! Like in AA5, Athena is able to use the Mood Matrix in court to uncover lies in people's testimonies. In this case, the unlucky witness is a magician(?) named Mimi, who claims she was "on the stage for the whole show" in her testimony, with a slight variation in her Mood Matrix scene.

What stage? Well, that's where the investigation part comes in. We see a few screenshots of Athena and Apollo investigating the "Theater Trompe", with the text noting additional investigation is possible in this game compared to the previous one (presumably meaning the ability to freely investigate.) In addition, from the screenshots we can see the Investigation Memo is back to keep people from getting stuck, and it looks like the body popped out of a coffin-shaped show prop.

And that's about it, I think! Hopefully this means the start of steady news, and that a trailer isn't that far off.

But perhaps the most interesting point of all?

Now remind me, who was in the Gramaryes? Magnifi, Valant, Thalassa, Zak, and... when did someone green join?
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney 6 in Famitsu 2/10/16: Full ScansTopic%20Title

So it looks like Mimi is part of the Gramarye?
ImageImageImage

Prosecutor

L~A wrote:
So it looks like Mimi is part of the Gramarye?

Too "rabbit style" to be a Gramarye...

迷探偵

Page 1: Phoenix is acting as a defense attorney in Kurain, while Apollo is going against prosecutor Nayuta (who came from Kurain) in Japan. Is there a link between what's happening in both countries? (<- As posed by Famitsu)

+ Explanation Investigation & Trial parts.

Page 2: The Funeral Prosecutor - Nayuta Sadmadhi
International prosecutor and an eminent monk in the Kingdom of Kurain with a devout belief in his religion. Believes that convicting the guilty in court means salvation for their victims. Has a soft demeanor, but has a sharp tongue.
"Let's judge upon the guilty and guide the spirits of their victims to the afterlife"

Objection: "Satora"

Page 3: Introduction Athena, her powers.

Page 4: Explanation Investigation part + Mood Matrix.

They added more places you can check out during investigation parts, meaning there are more conversations here.

Screenshot of set: you can check out the set from multiple angles (like in AA5)

Mimi says: "So you saw my instant teleportation magic?"
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:
the "Trump Theater" (have fun with that one, localization team)

It's not Trump, but "Tromp", actually. (トロンプ instead of トランプ).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ash wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
the "Trump Theater" (have fun with that one, localization team)

It's not Trump, but "Tromp", actually. (トロンプ instead of トランプ).

Fixed. (There's actually a screen with the name written in English, to boot. Blame today being the New Hampshire primaries.)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Oh, now here's something very interesting:

Notice anything about that Gramarye poster in the back...?

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:

I admit it's interesting, but I'm even more surprised about the Steel Samurai one. Why the Steel Samurai?

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Bolt Storm wrote:

An old poster, perhaps? Which they superimposed with one of Trucy, saying Arumajiki something. Trucy's the lead act, I'm sure. Wheee legit Gramarye girl on the go!

Yes I'm doing this so I don't get my hopes up too much.

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

Bolt Storm wrote:

I'm more intrigued by the Steel Samurai poster behind it.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Great. ANOTHER male prosecutor? I'm glad he's Kurainese, but… Damn, we need more female prosecutors. Franziska can't be the only one.

-EDIT: Just realized that there's no stated gender.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prosecutor

Bolt Storm wrote:

Guys i have a question.

Who is the guy with green suit in Gramarye's picture?

元・超会社員級の管理人

...Y'all, Steel Samurai is fine. I'm a little more concerned by the sudden appearance of a green Gramarye.

If we want to wildly jump to conclusions, by the way, Apollo's original design was supposed to be green...

Wooster wrote:

Bolt Storm wrote:

There's even a Steel Samurai poster! However, that guy dressed in green... I wonder who could he be...

Anyway, what does Mimi say in this dialogue?

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

迷探偵

Slammer wrote:
Anyway, what does Mimi say in this dialogue?

Ash wrote:
Mimi says: "So you saw my instant teleportation magic?"

Bolt Storm wrote:

Yeah, the person in green is currently unknown, right?

Anyway, it's great they picked up the Gramaryes again.

Bolt Storm wrote:

Took me a while to realise you were talking about the poster below the cage, not the one with Trucy. I really wonder who it is... Watch that mysterious Gramarye be the victim in this case :p
ImageImageImage

迷探偵

Is it alright to get the "Apollo's father" thing out again?

If Nayuta is a man, perhaps he's Apollo's father! And the green man as well! And the bunny girl too!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ash wrote:

If Nayuta is a man, perhaps he's Apollo's father! And the green man as well! And the bunny girl too!

Hey, as I said on Tumblr, extrapolating massive revelations from low-res scans is a fandom tradition. RIP Akbey "Third Gavin" Hicks.

Wooster wrote:

The miracle finally happen...

Admittedly I'm rather skeptical of the re-introduction of the Gramayre sub-plot. While I'm glad it'll be addressed, at the same time I'm not entirely confident in Yamazaki's team to wrap up the story neatly in a way that stays familiar to Takumi's original vision of the plotline, whatever that may have been. We'll see I suppose. :ron:

Zekrom025 wrote:
Admittedly I'm rather skeptical of the re-introduction of the Gramayre sub-plot. While I'm glad it'll be addressed, at the same time I'm not entirely confident in Yamazaki's team to wrap up the story neatly in a way that stays familiar to Takumi's original vision of the plotline, whatever that may have been. We'll see I suppose. :ron:

That's a weird reason. Even if they actually stayed close to Takumi's original vision you couldn't tell whether they did or did not. Which means it doesn't matter at all, because you can't tell either way and the only important thing is how good the continuation of the story is.

The miracle finally happen...

Lusankya wrote:
Zekrom025 wrote:

That's a weird reason. Even if they actually stayed close to Takumi's original vision you couldn't tell whether they did or did not. Which means it doesn't matter at all, because you can't tell either way and the only important thing is how good the continuation of the story is.

I think my reaction mostly comes from Dual Destinies' execution. I thought there was a reason why Yamazaki decided to drop all of AA4's plot points and, in a way, re-invent the series by bringing back Phoenix and other older characters (although whether that was the producer's wish or the publisher's is yet to be known). It just seems strange that after a game that felt so alienated from the series's plot, Yamazaki would want to revisit the older plot points.

Also, the fact that the sub-plot is being handled by a different writer is a big red flag to me. I just hope that the Gramayre plotline is handled professionally and respectfully, while keeping the same tone as the original, otherwise I'd honestly rather not know the outcome at all.

Prosecutor

Zekrom025 wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Zekrom025 wrote:

I think my reaction mostly comes from Dual Destinies' execution. I thought there was a reason why Yamazaki decided to drop all of AA4's plot points and, in a way, re-invent the series by bringing back Phoenix and other older characters (although whether that was the producer's wish or the publisher's is yet to be known). It just seems strange that after a game that felt so alienated from the series's plot, Yamazaki would want to revisit the older plot points.

Also, the fact that the sub-plot is being handled by a different writer is a big red flag to me. I just hope that the Gramayre plotline is handled professionally and respectfully, while keeping the same tone as the original, otherwise I'd honestly rather not know the outcome at all.

^^^^^^^^^^
Totally agree with you.

I even think they (Eshiro/Yamazaki) didn't stay close to Takumi's vision at all.
In fact i see how odd the story is from Dual Destinies.

I'm not even sure that Takumi had any visions regarding the expansion of Gramaryes' plot. I mean, it was all pretty wrapped up by the end of AJ, other than Apollo's father, who could be really just a random performer that died in an accident.

And it's obvious that they've taking note of the bigger criticisms of DD and are trying to fix them. And the three biggest ones were the excessive hints , limited investigations and dropping most of AJ's plot thread.

Gardevoir lover

I'm calling it right now the guy in green is Polly's dad.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I've found regardless of circumstance (I intend to give all that I have), games are always better when they suddenly end up in my lap than when I hype them up like I would usually do. I have yet to click on the spoilers and besides from that bunny girl I've not seen anything. I might be on a lookout for a release date in the US throughout the year but otherwise this is the start of my media blackout -- not that I've been very active as of late anyway.

To comment on some of the YamaTakumi debate I see going on (which I obviously love discussing as always) I'm not so sour the Apollo arc was left to collect dust and may never reemerge, simply because, with DD the new team basically said "we respect Takumi and what he was going for, but we are not him and we can't genuinely keep guessing at where intended to go with that, so here's OUR idea for how the series' canon should continue". Regardless of whether DD was good or bad, original or unoriginal in the core plot, it did have plenty of new characters, it did address some AJAA aspects while avoiding some of the controversial ones like the Jurist System for example, and really, they have painted a new vision of where a potential Apollo Justice character arc will go, and it's clear as day it won't be where Takumi was going.

I think it's for the better since they aren't Takumi and just analysing their strengths, their brand of storytelling and stuff you can see how it's different from Takumi's so it makes sense they take it where they want it to go. That's my rough take on it, and you know me, I'm no Yamazaki apologist and I tend to have that Takumi bias which I probably always will but the direction and deviation from the original AJAA plotline has been cemented as far as I'm concerned, so all that's left is I know what to expect from non-Takumi games and hope AA6 will be great for what it is and perhaps even be excited for where it might be going in AA7 or how it will address DD.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited and I hope the game turns out to be amazing :D

EDIT: Wait, there's a re-introduction of the Gramarye subplot? Wait -- I don't wanna know! I guess that reduces everything I just said to speculative rambling then-- not that, that would be anything new, though :redd:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Last edited by linkenski on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:

Don't let figures or proportions throw you off. Apollo's dad was a masterful magician, and I believe like Valant, he too has dressed up in woman's clothes and pretended to be a woman!

Inb4 Athena is a transforming cyborg created by Gyaxa by the request of Apollo's dad to watch out for him from the shadows. And Phoenix is his messenger. He had to flee to Kurain so Apollo wouldn't end up screeching at him for not telling him.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Ash wrote:

Don't let figures or proportions throw you off. Apollo's dad was a masterful magician, and I believe like Valant, he too has dressed up in woman's clothes and pretended to be a woman!

Inb4 Athena is a transforming cyborg created by Gyaxa by the request of Apollo's dad to watch out for him from the shadows. And Phoenix is his messenger. He had to flee to Kurain so Apollo wouldn't end up screeching at him for not telling him.

So we still have the theory that
Spoiler: Xenoblade X reference
Athena is just a mimeosome?

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Athena Internet Defense Force

So nothing about Perceive segments?

Art Person

Who is the green Gramarye?
Also, time to update my drawing of Mimi to better reflect the screenshots XD (Boy did I miss some things XD)

Breakdown

Well I am hype. Instinct tells me we don't yet have a new female prosecutor (this series is waaayyy overdue for one, poor Fran all lonesome), and this is a feminine male character but I'm happy to see such a unique design regardless. Like Mimi too-I'm excited for these scans overall.

Now to wait months for the next bit of news again. :redd:

A New Chapter of Trials!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who immediately thought the green guy is Apollo's dad because his dad was a performer and Apollo's original design was green.

The adventures of the gender-ambiguous purple haired monk continues.
Eureka!

Lusankya wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

And why I suddenly thought about Mask :Maskdemasque: Demasque?

Scratch spriter

Can someone get the screenshots with the prosecutor on a higher resolution:
Spoiler: Like this one
https://i.imgur.com/CGo5Rra.png

元・超会社員級の管理人

Hesseldahl wrote:

It's possible the official AA6 site (or JP games sites) will update with details tonight. If not, I'll try and post a few more screenshots at a higher res once I'm home this evening.

Wooster wrote:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Judging from the screenshots, it appears "free movement" has now been removed. Back to constantly switching locations. Or it's just me.

ASCEND

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Judging from the screenshots, it appears "free movement" has now been removed. Back to constantly switching locations. Or it's just me.

I think moving is the long rectangular button below the Talk, Examine, and Prsent buttons. It doesn't have the large symbol, but I can't think of what else that button would be (the Court Record, text log, and save all seem to be elsewhere.)
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Planetbox wrote:
RayquazaSenpai wrote:

I think moving is the long rectangular button below the Talk, Examine, and Prsent buttons. It doesn't have the large symbol, but I can't think of what else that button would be (the Court Record, text log, and save all seem to be elsewhere.)

No, I meant being able to move to any location instead of only moving to connected locations.

元・超会社員級の管理人

I don't think that's the case either - it's likely just a shot from early in the case, when there aren't many locations to move to. The UI looks pretty much the same as it did in AA5, that is to say tooled for having many options.

I could be wrong, but it'd be an odd backtrack to make. (DGS also let you move anywhere.)

Wooster wrote:

Art Person

Hesseldahl wrote:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/ ... er_04.html
Here's the prosecutor's page on the official site. No screenshots, but there is a video of him objecting!
Page 1 of 2 [ 56 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes