Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 78 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ace Attorney 6 release date and "that character" TBA on 3/6Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ace Attorney doesn't often get announcements of announcements, but here we are: Capcom has announced a special live broadcast for AA6 on March 6th in collaboration with Ameba Fresh!

The broadcast will reveal the game's release date, as well as promises "that" unannounced character will be shown off.

Hosting are two of Capcom TV's MCs, as well as special guest Rio Uchida. The broadcast will begin at 13:00 JST on March 6th and run for two hours; you can view the channel here. It goes without saying that we'll be covering the broadcast live on Twitter and have a summary news post after the fact! (And if possible, we'll be simulcasting on CyTube so everyone can watch and chat together.)

In addition, if enough tweets with the hashtag "#逆転裁判6応援" are made by March 16th, goodies will be unlocked on the main site; while the details will be announced on the March 6th broadcast, it looks like they might be (this is speculation) icons for 6,000 tweets, phone wallpapers for 12,000 tweets, and going by the wording on the last one, the Special Court video for 18,000 tweets.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney 6 release date and "that character" TBA onTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

"That" character, eh? I'm going to bet 10 million cents-- No, NINETY MILLION CENTS-- that it's Maya!

-Also, those goodies look like they're worth more than expected. 黙りなァ AND MAKE YOUR TWEETS, EVERYONE!!!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Ace Attorney 6 release date and "that character" TBA on Topic%20Title

迷探偵

THE RETURN OF CODY HACKINS!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ash wrote:
THE RETURN OF CODY HACKINS!

One of the very few GS1 characters never to return, and that includes the victims and killers. His time is now!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Fantastic. Whatever that ameba fresh website is, it's garbage. Couldn't even load one, lone stream properly, no matter which browser I tried. I guess YouTube or NicoNico were too high class for AA6? : /

Quite excited about the event anyway (despite the crap time for anyone not living in Japan or North America :p). Really wonder when the game will be released in Japan.
ImageImageImage

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also, I hope we find out whether Nayuta's male or female. If male, I'm officially going to declare Capcom sexist.

-That, and we need some more Kurain footage. I wonder what the "language" could be called… "Kurainian", "Kurainese", or "Kuraini", maybe?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

How many tweets can we send at a time, or should I just go wild with them? I rarely use my twitter so might as well...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Bolt Storm wrote:
The broadcast will begin at 13:00 JST on March 6th and run for two hours

Damn, that's 05:00 CET (UTC +1). I think I just wake up later and read all the translated news on C-R.net.

Bolt Storm wrote:
Hosting are two of Capcom TV's MCs, as well as special guest Rio Uchida.

So no Yamazaki or Eshiro? Or could they still be guests?
At first I thought Uchida could be Maya's voice actress, but she seems to be mainly a gravure idol.

Btw. how can you translate this part:
Are they called "Kurain Characters", or is there something else?

Call me James

Okay, now I'm excited. "That character" certainly gets ideas in my head bouncing around.
Spoiler:
Will be Meekins or something.

Pity it's something like 4am where I am, so no live watching for me. Shucks :nick:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Athena Internet Defense Force

Crossing my fingers for the wallpapers.

no

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Pity it's something like 4am where I am, so no live watching for me. Shucks :nick:

It's 12PM on a Sunday for me. Lucky me. :edgey:

Art Person

If "that" character isn't who I'm expecting, I'll feel so betrayed...
C'mon Capcom! I want tales of burgers and Steel Samurai!

Programmer

So, what time is that in my timezone? 5 am? That might be a tad difficult to make.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

A Kirby and AA fan

If "that" character is not Maya, they're incredibly cruel people and I'll develop serious (read: not serious) trust issues

no

I wouldn't really mind if it wasn't Maya, but it would be a really nice surprise.

When I first heard of Ace Attorney, I just didn't like Maya because of her design and clothing.
Then I played Ace Attorney, now I'm a fan of her.

A New Chapter of Trials!

It's probably Maya but I can see them just doing something ridiculous too and just announcing Oldbag or something.
Eureka!

Lusankya wrote:
Are they called "Kurain Characters", or is there something else?

Just "Kurain People". The line above reads "A country of mystery and faith".

I can't really tell on my computer, so will there be more characters introduced from there? The two slots fill up the line rather fully, but it'll be kinda disappointing if that's all we'll get as major characters from such a mysterious country.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
I can't really tell on my computer, so will there be more characters introduced from there? The two slots fill up the line rather fully, but it'll be kinda disappointing if that's all we'll get as major characters from such a mysterious country.

Hmm, there should be more, but it's hard to tell right now. Maybe they'll add a second line, or rearrange the text?

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

So excited for "That Character" to come back. Deid Mann is my favorite character and I'm so happy he's going to be revealed! I wonder how he'll come back from the dead though. He'll probably have to be channeled by some character nobody cares about like that Maya girl.

In all seriousness, this is cool. The info for GS6 has come out so much more regularly than it did with GS5. If I remember correctly the only real information releases back then was at TGS 2012 and in like march of 2013 when Apollo and Blackquill were shown off. I think around late May stuff started coming out pretty regularly (and we got our first English trailer) but it definitely wasn't as much info as we've gotten over the past 5 months.

Anyone remember when DD's Japanese release date was announced? I'm trying to figure out if it might be possible that the game will be released earlier than DD was.

DGS came out July 5th and DD came out July 25th (GS1-4 and the AAI games came out at seemingly random times and I didn't factor in VS or the Trilogy because one wasn't released by Capcom and one wasn't really new in any way). So I've always guessed July for GS6 based on the last two.

But if DD's release was announced later, then that might be an indication that the game will be released earlier, which is always cool assuming that the game is ready, and would potentially mean an earlier release in the West (I'm predicting an October release just like DD). My dream would be to have it released in July here in the West, but that would mean it being released in April in Japan which I don't ever see happening unless they've been developing this thing for a while and only announced it when it was almost done.

Anyway, looking forward to this. Assuming my math isn't wrong, this is going to be occuring on a Saturday night at 8 PM, so if I end up having a quiet Saturday at home this will be a great thing to get to watch.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

ASCEND

I bet "that character" is actually Larry Butz, who is now a prosecutor. Either that or its Phoenix Wright. Or Mario.

Eithey way, I'm excited to finally get a release date! Not to mention the character reveal, which is always exciting.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"That character", you say... *resists urge to spam the Maya smilie*

The cape is self-fluttering

Do we know for sure "that character" is a returning AA character? What if it's just Mr. Green Suit?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Chronically Unstable

Now here's something I don't get. It says "that character" will be revealed. Why only one?

If we look at the character layout on the website, we'll see what is basically a 3x3 grid, with the WAA in the first row, prosecutors in the second and KoK people in the third. Notice how there're two character profiles missing from the equation. If the top row is full, how come there's only one character if the other two rows are missing their respective characters?

Anyway, exciting news as always! I really hope there's not going to be a new detective character. We already have Ema, and Fulbright had an entirely different purpose. Other than that, I'm fine with probably anyone.

SPInc wrote:
Now here's something I don't get. It says "that character" will be revealed. Why only one?

If we look at the character layout on the website, we'll see what is basically a 3x3 grid, with the WAA in the first row, prosecutors in the second and KoK people in the third. Notice how there're two character profiles missing from the equation. If the top row is full, how come there's only one character if the other two rows are missing their respective characters?

Anyway, exciting news as always! I really hope there's not going to be a new detective character. We already have Ema, and Fulbright had an entirely different purpose. Other than that, I'm fine with probably anyone.

I think there's a good chance more characters will be revealed, but I think they are specifically referring to "that" character because everyone is waiting for Maya to show up. They're likely aware that since the game is set in Kurain that fans are sure that the most famous Kurain medium is definitely going to be in the game, so they're acknowledging that that is the character everyone is waiting for. Along the lines of "Ok guys, we've showed you the WAA, we've showed you the prosecutor, now don't worry, we'll be showing "that" character that you want so much next. Get Hyped". So I 100% believe it is going to be Maya, because "that" character is the one that people are most curious about.I have heard some counter this theory by saying that it isn't Maya because it says its an "unannounced" character but I would point out that Maya has yet to be actually announced for GS6.

Regarding the detectives, there's no reason for them to not use Ema. They're not going to focus the plot on a detective since we just did that in DD, and with the game presumably split between two countries we're likely going to get a new detective in Kurain, so I would think it would be easy to just make Ema the detective in Japanifornia. I'd love adult Ema coming back. While people correctly point out that she's been used heavily in the AAI games, that's the pre-"my dream has been ruined" jaded Ema which I don't find as interesting as the AJ era Ema. Also it would let the game return a little bit to the AJ group of characters. (I was hoping Athena would go with Phoenix to Kurain so Apollo and Trucy could team up again but it doesn't look like that's happening.) So the return of any AJ character interactions would be great.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

The Enigma

Sooooooo hype! And "that character" is obviously going to be Trolldot *shot*

And...I might have missed reading some news, but what's the special court video?
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I have heard some counter this theory by saying that it isn't Maya because it says its an "unannounced" character but I would point out that Maya has yet to be actually announced for GS6.

Time for a rebuttal: Yes, it's "unannounced", but it says "that" announced character. The "ano" (that) is in quotations for a reason.

SPInc wrote:

They never said it was "only one". They just mentioned a certain character and there will possibly be others revealed as well.

Bramimond wrote:
Sooooooo hype! And "that character" is obviously going to be Trolldot *shot*

And...I might have missed reading some news, but what's the special court video?

You know those HD court skits that sometimes play at past TGSs and once for the 2008 GS live orchestra concert? Something akin to those where the characters show up and promote the upcoming game. I guarantee there's going to be something to like in it. The skits have never failed to be as silly as possible without being distracting.

Monkey with a gun

Quote:
The Highest amount of tweets is the Special Court Video

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:
I have heard some counter this theory by saying that it isn't Maya because it says its an "unannounced" character but I would point out that Maya has yet to be actually announced for GS6.

Time for a rebuttal: Yes, it's "unannounced", but it says "that" announced character. The "ano" (that) is in quotations for a reason.

I'm actually confused haha, is that a rebuttal towards me or towards the argument I was saying people have? My point was that I believe the use of "that" is used to indicate that they know that we know that Maya will be in the next game. So the use of "that" indicates Maya is the character they will show off.
But I've seen others who have argued that it isn't Maya because the character is "unannounced". My rebuttal to that (and therefore my argument that it is Maya) is that Maya technically is an unnanounced character for GS6 so it works.
So are you saying that you agree that it will be Maya and your rebuttal is for those who say it isn't, or do you disagree and think it isn't Maya and therefore the rebuttal is for me? Or somewhere in between? I wanted to make sure in case I was overlooking something as I can't read the Japanese directly (I took a Japanese 101 class and can read basic hirigana and katakana but I only just barely passed the kanji part of the exam and in all honesty I've forgotten a lot of it unfortunately)

The cape is self-fluttering

I'm going to guess "that character" is Mike Meekins.

That way, when the announcement is made, I won't be disappointed.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Monkey with a gun

You guys are obviously missing the obvious choice of the BUTZ

Spoiler:
In all seriousness though, whoever it is, they are definitely going to be sticking with Wright, since Case 1 of AA6 revolves around Wright possibly being alone figuring it out for himself while Payne gets his own assistant in leifa, unless they want good ol Tour Boy to end up being your assistant

Igi ari!

I wonder why anyone has not brought this up, but in the last scene of AA6 extended trailer ,where Apollo is shown in the defense desk, there was a silhouette of a person wearing a hat with a pink butterfly. Apollo is aware that this person is someone he might face in court, which means there is a high chance that this is a prosector. This might be a clue for the unannounced character. Assuming that this silhouette is the unannounced character, it could not be Maya since she does not wear hats or has a butterfly motif. Speaking of hats, it could not have been Nayuta, unless Capcom announced that Nayuta initially had a hat in the character design which was later removed. If we were to assume that this unannounced character is from the previous games, my guesses would be Mask DeMasque (because he has a hat and, God knows, maybe he is not into stealing anymore) or it could be Iris (because it can't be Dahlia Hawthorne, right?)

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

That wasn't a hat: The "brim" was actually Nayuta's shawl.

迷探偵

To illustrate, this was what I came up with when we first got a look at that silhouette:
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Igi ari!

Ash wrote:
To illustrate, this was what I came up with when we first got a look at that silhouette:

Wow thanks that was good enough to illustrate that part. Still curious about that butterfly though since I am not seeing butterflies in Nayuta's images. What could it signify?

迷探偵

AAI2bestAA wrote:
Still curious about that butterfly though since I am not seeing butterflies in Nayuta's images. What could it signify?

In many cultures and beliefs, the butterfly signifies death and/or reincarnation. In Europe for example, they were often seen as the souls of the dead. In Pure Land Buddhism, there exists an eight-legged butterfly that supposedly leads the way to the Pure Land.

元・超会社員級の管理人

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Anyone remember when DD's Japanese release date was announced? I'm trying to figure out if it might be possible that the game will be released earlier than DD was.

DD's release date was officially revealed mid-April and was released in mid-July, and DGS' at the very beginning of April and released early July. So if they're following that pattern, a mid- or early-June release would seem likely. That said, I wouldn't be surprised at a May release simply because AA6 has had a longer development tail than either of those two games.

Quote:
Anyway, looking forward to this. Assuming my math isn't wrong, this is going to be occuring on a Saturday night at 8 PM, so if I end up having a quiet Saturday at home this will be a great thing to get to watch.

It's worth noting that if you go to the channel for the stream, it'll show the start time in your time zone.

In general: one thing I would expect in AA6 is a little more focus on returning characters than AA5, despite the Kurain setting taking up half the game. Even putting aside "that character", this is the game for the series' 15th anniversary, and if it's anything like AAI2 (10th) the devs will want to include some familiar faces.

Wooster wrote:

Igi ari!

They will be releasing the game when the anime is hot. I'm guessing maybe late April to May release on Japan. The anime will boost the sales of game, no doubt

Beware of the Dog

I'll wake up early on a German Sunday/Saturday night to join you, folks... Hope we'll see something great!

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Ash wrote:

Makes sense that it's Krillin/Kururin. He dies enough in Dragon Ball, may as well have a whole murder case revolve around his death.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same
Page 1 of 2 [ 78 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes