Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 3 of 7[ 264 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: AA6 blowout: Maya confirmed, trailer, 6/9 release, web dTopic%20Title

frigging everyone in this thread wrote:
boo maya doesn't look much different from aa3

You all know Maya was already pretty much an adult by the end of AA3, right? She's not going to change that much. Iris didn't change AT ALL appearance-wise between 3-1 and 3-5 and that was what, six years?

mostly the same people wrote:
boo maya shouldn't still be training at this point

"A true master never stops learning."

- some wise person (probably)

Scent wrote:
Also: does anyone think Mia might make a brief appearance?

I kind of hope not, she didn't really serve much purpose in most of the original trilogy other than to pop in at the end to give Phoenix the answer. I think he's past that point now.

Gardevoir lover

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Scent wrote:

I kind of hope not, she didn't really serve much purpose in most of the original trilogy other than to pop in at the end to give Phoenix the answer. I think he's past that point now.

Yeah well Maya's well past the point of being Nick's assistant and yet she's doing that again, something tells me Mia will show up at least once.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Athena Internet Defense Force

Honestly, I'd be lying if I said I was surprised by this.

The DLC is actually pretty cool, though. I hope that gets translated with the main game.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Scent wrote:

Yeah well Maya's well past the point of being Nick's assistant and yet she's doing that again, something tells me Mia will show up at least once.

Defense attorneys having cute assistants is a time-honored AA tradition, though

I'd be fine with Mia showing up if she did something besides just pop in to solve the case for Nick, but I'm not optimistic about that happening. 2-4 is the only real time I can think of where she was used well.

is a five star man.

Yay, new info! Let me just run through a few of my thoughts;

-So obviously the big new thing/big old thing is Maya. I really like her new design in the art and anime stills we have, but looking at the in-game screen shots I totally get the criticism that it's just Maya with a shawl slapped on (and then taken off in court...)
-The news that Nayuta is male is slightly disappointing, just because we've only ever had one female prosecutor. His animations look incredible, though, and I don't want to judge him as a character until I play the game.
-Could a June release in Japan mean a September release over here? That would match with the Dual Destinies timeline. If so, that's quite exciting.
-The use of Klavier and Edgeworth in the pre-order bonus case is great, because it means the fans can see them without interruption to the main story line like in Dual Destinies.
-Speaking of DLC, that Furio Tigre costume is the best thing I've seen in ages. It would only be topped with a remix of Xin Eohp's signature theme!
-I also just want to point out that the music in this game is great so far. Phoenix's Objection theme and the Pursuit theme are real highlights so far, as is the cross-examination theme.
Overall impressions are pretty positive, then. I'm really looking forward to this one, but I'm also trying to keep my feelings in check. What we've seen shows great potential, but I'm wary of the slip ups that could occur. Bring on AA6!
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Quote:
Quote:
Also, it's just me or does she looks kinda like Mia now? I sure see some changes from her old version. Subtle changes, but changes.

I can't see the resemblance with Mia. Maya's bust has grown and her curves are noticeable now, but besides that? Not much. She's less tomboyish now.

But look at the shape of her face. That reminds me of Mia for some reason.

Mia Payne

I made a crappy video of the Spirit Vision testimony theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFkWTEx ... e=youtu.be

Call me James

Mia did say at the end of 3-5 that they'd meet again, at some point. Not for her to save the day, or anything. But she is Maya's older sister and Phoenix's former mentor. Nothing wrong with someone who can channel spirits doing it, if there's something important to say to her, like in 3-5, or like at the end of 2-2, where Maya and Mia met for the first time since before 1-2 and hugged it out.

Just as long as she doesn't get channelled in court so the writers try and make her save the day, I'm fine. It'd be interesting for Mia to see how far everyone's come. I mean, shit. Last time we've seen Mia channelled, Nick was the only Attorney at the office. Now he's got two junior Lawyers working for him and and a daughter. If she doesn't know any of this, then damn.

Just an idea, though :gymshoe: Like I said, just as long as the writers don't make her do the ol' "save the day" shtick.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Scent wrote:

Yeah, but Maya is Phoenix' friend so maybe she just wants to help him. Especially when she probably knows way more about Kurain than him.

Apollon Flame

Part of me wants, and doesn't want Mia to make an appearance. Like others have stated, Phoenix is beyond the point on being dependent of Mia to solve cases. I hope she makes an appearance, but only briefly. Maybe introduce her to Apollo and Athena? I can picture a blushed Apollo trying to interact with Mia, haha.
A King

in name

alone...

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I can live with Phoenix continuing. He's the name of the game (or originally he was) and Maya was his everlasting assistant (in my eyes) but Mia and any more of the Fey-clan kurain stuff should stay closed, including Mia, but since Maya and Pearl is already here, I wouldn't be surprised, but TBH with the two locations, multiple prosecutors and returning characters, more than one assistant-type characters etc. I'm already feeling the bloat and I hope there's not too much more on top of all this.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

*wonk*

Armstrong still needs to appear in this game, otherwise it will be dissapointing.

:chef:
yes

A New Chapter of Trials!

Ah, Ace Attorney fans working themselves into an absolute frenzy over extremely marginal pieces of dialogue, classic.

In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure Maya IS the Kurain master by now, but she's just continuing her training as a master. You don't just stop once you get a fancy title you have to keep up your skills. We do see her leading a ritual, so obviously she has quite a bit of sway. I can also see there being some kind of issue with a clash between sects in the Kingdom of Kurain, resulting in Maya only being the master of some of the residents. I like Maya's new design too, I have to admit, she looks like her older sister to me. I honestly thought people would think they changed her design TOO much, shows what I know...

I'm wondering if anyone has a guide to the AA6 online demo though, I don't speak Japanese so otherwise I'll have to blindly flail my way through it.
Eureka!

Apollon wrote:
I can also see there being some kind of issue with a clash between sects in the Kingdom of Kurain, resulting in Maya only being the master of some of the residents. .

I am really looking forward to seeing how Maya will interact with Leifa. Not only because of the possible clash between sects, but also because they seem to have really contrasting personalities.

迷探偵

Apollon wrote:
In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure Maya IS the Kurain master by now, but she's just continuing her training as a master.

The description on the website specifically mentions she is in Kurain to train in order to succeed to the title of Master. Meaning she isn't yet.

But: I doubt something like "Master of Kurain Channeling Technique" has a set, four-year program where you get credits for courses and finish it off with a thesis or something like that, so it's not strange not at all it takes quite a lot of time to officially become the master of the clan and the technique. Even if she had been the master, it'd not be odd for her to continue training in all kinds of different ways.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

TaylorHyuuga wrote:
Jesus? Where is this "Jesus" character? In the trailer? Or something else in the stream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZOnQDDmFY
40:45.
I really like him. :D

What did he do this time...?

The Maya announcement went as expected.

However, I'm surprised to hear that the new prosecutor is a guy. I was kinda hoping for a woman...

Also, with the pre-order bonus episodes having Phoenix VS Edgeworth and Apollo VS Klavier, I think I can say with confidence that we won't be seeing Edgeworth & Klavier in court in AA6. Therefore, I think Apollo is going to face Blackquill in what might be AA6 case 4. Or maybe perhaps a DLC case.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Lusankya wrote:
Apollon wrote:
I can also see there being some kind of issue with a clash between sects in the Kingdom of Kurain, resulting in Maya only being the master of some of the residents.

I am really looking forward to seeing how Maya will interact with Leifa. Not only because of the possible clash between sects, but also because they seem to have really contrasting personalities.

Ah, about the eventual clash between sects... an interesting thing in the trailer immediately caught my eye (well, not so immediately).

Spoiler:

Since it's hard to tell from a low-resolution screenshot, you can check the entire footage in question here. (first close the annotation that pops-up on the screen and then look at the footage directly below Maya).

As you can see, there's a guy waving a flag (and possibly shouting something) on what appears to be a stage, with a bunch of other people that are supporting him. I wonder if that's a stump speech of one of those sects/clans in the middle of a power struggle.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

A New Chapter of Trials!

Ash wrote:
Apollon wrote:
In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure Maya IS the Kurain master by now, but she's just continuing her training as a master.

The description on the website specifically mentions she is in Kurain to train in order to succeed to the title of Master. Meaning she isn't yet.

But: I doubt something like "Master of Kurain Channeling Technique" has a set, four-year program where you get credits for courses and finish it off with a thesis or something like that, so it's not strange not at all it takes quite a lot of time to officially become the master of the clan and the technique. Even if she had been the master, it'd not be odd for her to continue training in all kinds of different ways.

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying. To be fair though, the earliest reference we get to Misty being the Kurain Master was when she was 29 (according to the Ace Attorney wiki), and Maya will be 28 in this game. I suspect that what is happening is that Maya is at the very end of her training and is about to become the Master, just as Misty had at about the same age. Everything seems to make sense to me!
Eureka!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Correction to my reply to nevertalk. whoknowscran was gracious enough to send me the snippet, so I have the translated script for you all here:
Spoiler:
Phoenix: *laughs* Well, how about we head back to the office and rest up?

Apollo: *chuckle*

Athena: Sure!

Whoa! It's in full bloom!

Ah...

Apollo: Oh...

Athena: Ah, thinking about it, it's about time, right?

Um, Ms. Fey's trip overseas should be over by now.

Phoenix: Yeah, it is.

Excellent, thank you for this. :maya:

I can't wait to finally have Nick and Maya back together.

Danchat wrote:
I think I can say with confidence that we won't be seeing Edgeworth & Klavier in court in AA6.

Noooo! I need my Edgey in-game without depending on DLC. I need my Edgey-fix!

C-A

Programmer

It does seem rather overkill to include the character models for a couple of bonus episodes. But hey, vs had Edgeworth with a model despite having less than ten lines.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

henke37 wrote:
It does seem rather overkill to include the character models for a couple of bonus episodes. But hey, vs had Edgeworth with a model despite having less than ten lines.

Actually it's good game-design to reuse assets. They have two completely functional models for courtroom segments they wouldn't otherwise use. Throw them in for good measure and especially the novelty of fighting Klavier with actual gameplay is something I've wanted for a while.

Apollon Flame

linkenski wrote:
henke37 wrote:

Actually it's good game-design to reuse assets. They have two completely functional models for courtroom segments they wouldn't otherwise use. Throw them in for good measure and especially the novelty of fighting Klavier with actual gameplay is something I've wanted for a while.

Part of me wants Klavier back on the courtroom of the main story, but the other part of me wants Simon back, too. :<
A King

in name

alone...

Lusankya wrote:
Apollon wrote:
I can also see there being some kind of issue with a clash between sects in the Kingdom of Kurain, resulting in Maya only being the master of some of the residents. .

You're right. I'm interested in how Maya will fit into Kurain Kingdom too. Nick is antagonized by the country but will Maya be? You'd imagine being a member of a certain clan could either be controversial or a privilege.

On another note, I just saw the "snippet" and read the rough translation. You know what would make me fanboy in this game? If it ends with Nick and Maya, sitting in a tree, KISSING :bellboy:

Gardevoir lover

Scent wrote:
Part of me wants Klavier back on the courtroom of the main story, but the other part of me wants Simon back, too. :<

I'd rather have Klavier over Blackquill, not that i hate Blackquill but i think Klavier is a characte who needs a bit more screentime in my eyes.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Back in it, hopefully for the better

Well damn, it has come to this: MAYA IS BACK! Well, that got enough hype out of me to come out of the dormant phase of my AA fandom. That, and all the other things as well. Well, I sincerely hope that this game can bring us the best of both old and new (AA4 onwards). I mean, it'd be nice to have the characters from AA5, which I loved for the most part, break out from some flaws that had pervaded AA4 and AA5. Anyhow, I am looking forward to preordering this game with all the bonuses if they are included in the US. I look at AA6 with some cautious, if well deserved optimism.

ZAWA ZAWA

Maya being announced was hella obvious, nobody should really be surprised. Her new look is a little too similar to her old design. Not that that's bad, per se, it's just that after seeing a lot of creative and amazing fan sprites, this was kind of underwhelming. But hey, all the training she did for the past 9 years wasn't for nothing since she got an extra layer of pearls on her necklace. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere before that the amount of beads on the necklace is like, the Medium's rank? I don't know how many beads is on the necklace for the master, though, since Misty wore that thing that covered part of her necklace.

Oh yeah, and I'm honestly kind of sad that Nayuta is a man. I really wanted another female prosecutor since the only one we had was Franziska.

Scent wrote:

Same. Though I think I'd prefer Klavier slightly more. Just slightly. Ah well, at least he won't be getting that shitty excuse for a role that he got in DD, but we'll still be able to see him (and Edgeworth.)

Also, I was pretty certain before, but now I know without a doubt that that's Saori Hayami voicing Leifa.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I like that new exclamation of surprise in the Kurain language: "Polkunka!" (ポルクンカーッ!)
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Apollon Flame

Fennekin210 wrote:
Well damn, it has come to this: MAYA IS BACK! Well, that got enough hype out of me to come out of the dormant phase of my AA fandom. That, and all the other things as well. Well, I sincerely hope that this game can bring us the best of both old and new (AA4 onwards). I mean, it'd be nice to have the characters from AA5, which I loved for the most part, break out from some flaws that had pervaded AA4 and AA5. Anyhow, I am looking forward to preordering this game with all the bonuses if they are included in the US. I look at AA6 with some cautious, if well deserved optimism.

This is exactly my point. I feel there's more to Klavier than there is with Simon. And Gavin feels more of a rival prosecutor to Apollo than Blackquill. Whenever Klavier interacts with Polly, or someone mentions him, there's this air of rivalry between them. :basil:
Skittlemask wrote:
Scent wrote:

Same. Though I think I'd prefer Klavier slightly more. Just slightly. Ah well, at least he won't be getting that shitty excuse for a role that he got in DD, but we'll still be able to see him (and Edgeworth.)

Yeah. He's role in 5-3 was lame. Useful, but lame.
A King

in name

alone...

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:
Apollon wrote:

Interestingly, in the livestream footage when they showed off Maya, she mentions about having stayed in the Kurain Kingdom for two years and is about ready to head back to Japan. To me, it sounds like she's already on the way to becoming the Master and is actually making good progress. However, it seems something happens so that Maya has to stick around for longer and join Nick in court.

But now I'm kinda bothered. Does this suggest that the two just "happened" to meet, or did Phoenix actually go to Kurain to meet her? Then again, he seemed really surprised to see her looking like her ancestor.

Anyway, I'm really digging the idea that the localization team translate Bokuto's way of addressing her as "Ms. Maya", akin to how Pearl refers to Nick.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Damn, we REALLY need that anime prologue in order to clear up the mysteries! How many tweets do you think we have?!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Just another day.

it wold seem my interest just went up quite a bit after having Maya confirmed to return in this game as such i have returned to express my hype. :>

Athena Internet Defense Force

Soooooo...whereabout do you think I could buy that special edition version of the game?

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:maya: :maya: :maya: :maya: :maya: :maya: :maya:
The execution rests, Your Honor.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

So I'm awake, I've had my coffee, and I've watched the trailer a few times. A couple of thoughts.

Overall, I see the mixed reception about Maya's design, and if I was magically put in charge then I would have probably made a bit of a slightly more dramatic transformation, but I think it's obvious Capcom is being very conservative with their reoccurring characters appearing. If you look at DD (which I love, so this isn't a criticism of the game) all of the character designs are very very very close to their OT counterparts. Phoenix gets a vest and weird hair. Edgeworth gets a jacket (which looks the same as the OT one from the prosecutor's bench) and occasional glasses. Pearl gets a Maya padawan braid and an animation or two. I think Maya's updated look (just another version of the Kurain robes along with a Hazukurain-style outer robe follows this trend and last night I had no problem with it whatsoever. It's a very corporate decision, I think. (It's similar to the new Star Wars movie - it made financial sense to remake and only very lightly change the film from the OT visually (and even a lot of the story beats were lifted) and the majority of the fans loved it, despite it not being very new and innovative in regards to style and design. I enjoyed both DD and the new Star Wars greatly, but with both you can tell that a lot of the decisions were made to keep the fans satisfied enough to keep buying their product).

However, this morning I noticed that during the courtroom scenes she doesn't seem to be wearing it - meaning her costume is exactly the same as in the OT. This bugs me a bit. Why not have her wear the whole thing just without the hood? Because of the ways these characters are drawn they don't really age in their faces so the costume change is really the only indication that we're looking at 28 year old Maya and not 18 year old Maya. Having said that, the character design itself is a relatively minor thing to me, compared to how her personality will have changed. In the Star Wars movies, Obi-Wan Kenobi exclusively wears the same exact tunic for all 6 films, but that brown cloak that he puts on over it in the Original Trilogy bring that feeling of subtle changing into the wardrobe. I hope Maya's cloak isn't just something she wears in the first 5 minutes of meeting her.

That brings me to what we've seen of her personality in the trailer. A lot of people are pointing out that she sounds exactly the same, but I'd argue that when she's talking with Wright that would be a given. I tend to see people say that either A) you don't change from your late teens to your early thirtys, so she sounds fine, and B) that you do change a great deal between the two so she should sound completely different. I'd say it's more in the middle. You without a doubt change between your teens and your 30's, but I think how dramatic that shift is depends on the events during that time and the people you are interacting with. As a 30 year old, you may hang out with your high school friends in much the same way as you did then - perhaps much more responsible and smart, but your mannerisms likely aren't going to change. If you're talking to your boss, you probably aren't going to act like you do around your friends. My guess would be that Maya talks in a much more mature way towards those around her in Kurain. Nick is pretty much Maya's father figure, and I very much doubt that many people (barring circumstances or familial conflict, etc.) talk to their dad like "Heya, Dad! What's up!" in their 20's and then suddenly in their 30s start to say "Hello, Father. How are you today?". Most relationships of that nature tend to become less formal over time, not more. So I think Maya's conversations with Nick sound fine, as long as she isn't saying "Yo, Princess, you like burgers" to Padma.

The training scenario also has me confused. I'm pretty sure that in JFA Morgan said that Maya would take over as Master in "2 years" - meaning the year after T&T. 3-5 definitely made it feel like she was getting near the end. However, I wish they hadn't said this, because now that we know that Kurain is a whole country (and therefore an international religion, basically) then her role and power as master change dramatically, assuming that "Master" means master of ALL kurain, not just the "Japanifornia branch" (this seems to be indicated by the people seemingly praying to her). After all, it takes much less time to become a Catholic priest then it does to become the Pope. Looked at in that sense, then 8 years of training seems incredibly short to have that powerful of a role. But once again, the OT made specific references to it being really soon, so I feel conflicted about it. If I was the writers, I'd probably write it so that Maya was master of the Japanifornia Branch and then began training for the Kurain master after that, but I'm not sure how they'll explain it of even if they will. (Actually, come to think of it - did Morgan mean that that's when Misty would legally be declared dead/not the master anymore? Maybe that solves all conflicts then. I'm almost tempted to go look again but I'm pretty sure it's not until the 2nd investigation day and I don't want to go through the others since I just played JFA in the fall. If anyone happens to be playing it or play it soon let me know!)

I wouldn't be surprised if the pre-order episodes were released as paid DLC over here. And I'd actually be ok with that, as they're not "canon" or related to the story and it gives a chance for Capcom to make a little more money on the game (I know this sounds counter-productive to us as the consumer but I still can't get over my worry about a possible drop-off in sales between DD and GS6 due to how much mainstream hype there was about DD). Can you even pre-order eShop games?

linkenski wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
tinkered more with it than to just remake all of them and replace one with Mia's

Just curious, which of Mia's animations was it? I didn't notice any in the trailer but I wasn't really thinking about looking for changed animations during the show so I might have missed it.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Last edited by D.A. McCoy on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Damn, we REALLY need that anime prologue in order to clear up the mysteries! How many tweets do you think we have?!

Probably already more than 16000. I tried a hashtag counting website and apparently just the hour after Maya's reveal saw 17000+ tweets with the hashtag.

But now I'm kinda bothered. Does this suggest that the two just "happened" to meet, or did Phoenix actually go to Kurain to meet her? Then again, he seemed really surprised to see her looking like her ancestor.

Spoiler:

In the rightmost screenshot, he appears to be rushing through the airport. I suppose this may have something to do with Maya suddenly dropping her phone while she's being attacked by this guy (assuming Phoenix is the one she was talking to on the phone).

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

I am happy to see Maya but disappointed at the same time. Her design looks like it hasn't been updated at all since the last game. I wish they did a little more of an update. They gave her a shawl because her shoulders are cold? She has gloves to protect her knuckles? I just don't understand how she could still be training. What is she still training for? Hasn't it been years now?

Spoiler:
I am also more disappointed about her appearance because of the storyline used for Appolo Justice where Phoenix loses his lawyer status. I get that the story creator was trying to do a new storyline with a new character Apollo which frankly never felt like much of a different character anyway but while trying to put Phoenix in the background created to me a story that made no sense. I know the creator was forced to include Phoenix but the story he decided to work into the canon was as if he forgot how his own characters behaved. This relates to Maya because just as it seems she barely changed in this game it's as if they are different people when Phoenix was in trouble. Realistically she would have helped him find out the culprit behind him losing his lawyer status and Phoenix wouldn't have taken years or however long it took him to finally clear his name. Wasn't she going to be a master of Kurain and manager of his law office? That's why the fourth game was a huge disappointment especially since the original creator was in charge of it.

This is why even though I wanted to see Maya, she is probably going to act like nothing happened and they will not address why she and Pearl were not there when Phoenix lost his lawyer status. The creator to me kind of messed up the story. I don't see this game addressing in my opinion the plot holes of the fourth game. Was Pearl and Maya not with Phoenix at the end of the 3rd game, were they all not on good terms or is my memory way off?

It is nice to see Maya back but I wish the creator did a better job with the fourth game to begin with. Now it's as if they brought her back only to tell us she is still training for 20 years to be the master. Which is their explanation for spiny she couldn't help Phoenix and other issues with Phoenix's fourth game story. Hopefully not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Slammer wrote:

Spoiler:

In the rightmost screenshot, he appears to be rushing through the airport. I suppose this may have something to do with Maya suddenly dropping her phone while she's being attacked by this guy (assuming Phoenix is the one she was talking to on the phone).

Hard to say, really.
Spoiler:
In that scene where Maya appears to be attacked, it's Bokuto who calls out her name, not Phoenix. If he was on the phone, he would have heard her scream. The airport one may be a completely different scene, and I'm certain it's before he steps forth in Kurain and meets Bokuto.

However, she doesn't appear in person until the end of case 1, so I assume that incident with Maya is case 3, and even then, she obviously wasn't too badly hurt if she could stand in court next to him (knowing her, probably as a defendant again).

Which means she and Nick went separate ways at some other point, so I conclude she isn't the reason he came over.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Page 3 of 7 [ 264 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes