Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 2 of 3[ 105 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Most Hated Character?Topic%20Title

*scribble scribble*

Lotta Hart. For bullying Phoenix, giving rubbish testimonies, and for failing time and time again in journalism.
"People are like books. We've all got a front and a back. You get my drift?"

Desk Slammin Extraordinaire

Wendy Oldbag, easily. Every time she shows up, I know I'm going to have to deal with some BS testimony that feels like the writers are just trying to stretch out the case. It would be at least bearable if she had some funny quirk, but nope.

She's the one thing stopping Case 2-4 from being my all-time favourite case.

Ucha Nekome wrote:
MY HATRED FOR IRIS BURNS DEEPER THEN THE DEEPEST PITS OF HELL!

In that case, I shall drag you to the deepest pits of hell

Ace Procrastinator

Ucha Nekome wrote:
MY HATRED FOR IRIS BURNS DEEPER THEN THE DEEPEST PITS OF HELL!

LMAO I like her

Ace Procrastinator

Lotta Hart. I can't stand that woman. If she was the victim in a case, I would congratulate the killer.

Surf's Up!

Jean Armstrong if we are strictly dealing with the AA series games, but if we include PL Vs. PWAA then it is a tie between Birdly and Lettie Mailer.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

It would b Athena because or the factor of how center-stage she is. In reality my most hated character should be someone minor like Lance Amano, but the thing is I barely even remember him because there was little to him and he was just plain uninspired and boringly written.

Athena though, not only craves attention, but she is also written in a way and written into the games in a way so she requires you to like her to enjoy a lot of your time spent with the games, and she's the biggest hindrance for me in fully investing myself in DD and most likely but hopefully not SoJ. To me, the game never justifies why I should care much for her. She literally comes out of left field when Phoenix travels to Europe to fetch her, seemingly on a whim and the game does not create enough excitement or intrigue in regards to why she is suddenly introduced. It's like Ema Skye but that I could sort of live with, with RftA being a one-off bonus case, but with Athena you know you have a whole game ahead of you where she is a main figure, and what does the game do to give her a memorae opening? Zero.

Phoenix's opening was so ingrained in the very concept of Ace Attorney, he did not need anything remarkable because the whole concept was novel. Maya got a wonderfully dark and depressing introduction by how she sat beside her murdered sister and then got arrested for it. Apollo's first case was a mess when his mentor got convicted of falsifying evidence and murder and leaving Apollo without a job, but Athena...? Nope, she shows up on a whim during a filler case and makes judo on a police officer because look at how entertaining she is. What a waste. The rest of the game she spents most of her time being this annoyingly energetic sidekick and and protagonist and damsel in distress, and why the hell should you care? Oh yeah, she also has an emotional trauma over something "mysterious" which makes her very sympathetic, but then it's really hard to buy how she also becomes the hero for one case and the happy side kick before any of this is really elaborated upon.

Blegh, I just wish Athena could be written out of the series again. She just sticks out like a sore thumb to me in how much she lacks depth next to Apollo and Phoenix. She doesn't have the same baggage as them because Apollo at least had a full game where hr was the protagonist and formed friendships with Trucy, Ema and Klavier, but Athena is just her and Blackquill and she's only half a protagonist, so she's at odds with the other previous characters that the writers still try to keep around like Trucy or Phoenix's friends.

Athena, you're nobody's friend in here, just leave the agency plz :P
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Surf's Up!

Apollo has any depth to him? Since when? He doesn't get any in his own game, and he barely exists in DD.

linkenski wrote:
Athena, you're nobody's friend in here, just leave the agency plz :P

I like her far, far more than Apollo.

He has a sharp characterization in his own game, he grows from being a nervous greenhorn to being quite self-assured, and thematically I like how he represents purity in the corrupted law, as he says "I don't know what law is" at the end which I interpret as saying that all he had thought about thus far was the pure pursuit of facts and the truth, but Phoenix's point in using the jurist system and exposing Kristoph makes Apollo realize there is more grey in the world than he has previously been conscious of. In Dual Destinies this turns into the "seed of doubt" that leads him to cast his closest friends and even Nick's undisputable trust in people into doubt, and it all makes sense since Apollo has been led and deceived all of his career in AJAA.

And this is just his character-arc. He also has depth in how he formed a bond with Trucy and rivalry with Klavier. Athena's "depth" is entirely sensational and her arc plays out like a soap opera. It's unsubtle and worst of all I found it to be insincerely written. She has Blackquill, a completely random character btw, who she has some ties with you can get invested in as a player, but she pales in comparison to how much history Apollo and Nick have and now was not the time for a new co-protagonist; we were in the middle of Apollo's story and all Athena does is distract or become a plot device for Apollo's growth making it feel more artificial, and more about Athena taking Apollo's spotlight.

OH BOY, 3AM!

Iris. Her "personality" is a goody-two-shoes that can't even be a goody-two-shoes correctly.
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

Ace Procrastinator

linkenski wrote:
It would b Athena because or the factor of how center-stage she is. In reality my most hated character should be someone minor like Lance Amano, but the thing is I barely even remember him because there was little to him and he was just plain uninspired and boringly written.

Her English dub voice makes me cringe

bOIng!

Most Big Top charactes, but only in the game. The anime made them more likeable in my opinion.

CrayonKiddo wrote:
Most Big Top charactes, but only in the game. The anime made them more likeable in my opinion.

Did they really? I didn't like any of the characters in that case, and I was dreading them in the anime. Maybe I'll give 'em a second chance.

Redd White X Redd White is my OTP

I hate to be cliché, but for me it's either Manfred or Oldbag, Manfred because of all the things he's done and Oldbag because she annoys me more than anyone else. Blaise, Moe and Zinc Lablanc would be not far behind either.

Wendy Oldbag she's so annoying. I hate her even more because she has a crush on Edgeworth even though it's ovious he hates her!

Ace Procrastinator

I would also say Penny Nichols because of how useless she was, but I don't think she even classifies as a character

The video game boy; the one who wins

Butz the Klutz 52 wrote:
I would also say Penny Nichols because of how useless she was, but I don't think she even classifies as a character

:(
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

I liked her. She seemed like a real, normal, human being to me and that had kind of a novelty to it and I actually miss Capcom making characters that are only lightly involved but don't have any major quirk or gimmick or subplot you need to resolve. Kinda like Juniper if 5-3 hadn't existed. (wait, she has the one-note crush on Apollo, what am I talking about now?)

Ace Procrastinator

*Pursuit-Caught starts to play* Oh boy

I despise Lotta, Engarde, Von Karma, Meekings, Lotta again, Dahlia, Kristoph, oh and freaking LOTTA. And Pearl annoyed me at times even though she's just a kid

Ready for action!

Not a huge fan of Phoenix and Maya in the original trilogy. AA5 and AA6 are so refreshing to me since it cuts out all that crap. I do miss AJ Phoenix tho. Wish we got more of his attitude from it in AA5.

Ace Procrastinator

Lhancat wrote:
Not a huge fan of Phoenix and Maya in the original trilogy. AA5 and AA6 are so refreshing to me since it cuts out all that crap. I do miss AJ Phoenix tho. Wish we got more of his attitude from it in AA5.

What do you not like about them?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

linkenski wrote:
Phoenix's opening was so ingrained in the very concept of Ace Attorney, he did not need anything remarkable because the whole concept was novel. Maya got a wonderfully dark and depressing introduction by how she sat beside her murdered sister and then got arrested for it. Apollo's first case was a mess when his mentor got convicted of falsifying evidence and murder and leaving Apollo without a job, but Athena...? Nope, she shows up on a whim during a filler case and makes judo on a police officer because look at how entertaining she is.

Are you forgetting the first case in which she thought she could hold her own against Payne in a tutorial case? It wouldn't make sense to introduce her the same way twice.

Florent L'Belle.

This guy fails so hard in just about everything: competence, design, motivation, personality, etc.

He's my top pick for worst Ace Attorney villain of all time.

Butz the Klutz 52 wrote:

As someone who just finished replaying 1-3, I will second this 1000%

Spoiler: Rant
Investigation Day 1: Literally all she does is say she was busy with stuff and didn't see anything, but she "sensed" someone else was there that day. So, what, are you a jedi or something? Whatever, that information isn't even useful since you find out there was someone else there from Oldbag right around the time it becomes relevant.

Investigation Day 2, aka one of the worst if not THE worst investigation phases in the entire series: "Hey, guys, I patched up the drain that lets the key witness in this case get access to the studio!" Then you hear some noise in the trailer in Studio 2, uh-oh, sounds like someone fell in there but the door's locked, let's hurry to the guard station to get the key! Whoops, Penny's standing there and won't let you take it, guess we'd better putz around randomly until she decides to leave. Oh, hey, here's Cody in the dressing room but this investigation DEFINITELY hasn't had enough fetchquesting BS yet so we not only need to get the card from Oldbag to talk to him, we need to trade it for another card first! Good thing the game gave you that hint about Penny possibly being able to help... wait, it didn't? Well, at least it wouldn't make you go all the way to the trailer, the furthest POSSIBLE place from the dressing room, to find her, right? ...right? Oh, but let's not forget about her "helpful" comment about a rumor about Hammer that she can't tell you about. Thanks, Penny.

Investigation Day 3:

Phoenix: So how about that rumor, Penny?
Penny: Still can't talk about that.
Maya: Come on, do it for the kids!
Penny: Oh fine, Hammer was involved in an accident five years ago.
Phoenix: ...and?
Penny: That's all I know, go ask Oldbag about it.

.......GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :tigrebw:

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN IN THE GAME?

You're written off as a possible suspect almost immediately
You never testify
You never tell me anything important outside of court, either
You don't have a quirky or entertaining design or personality, your entire shtick is "I do the repair work for the show but I suck at it" (knowing this, wouldn't it have made a lot more sense for her to tape the spear back together instead of Oldbag? Then at least she would have been MARGINALLY important to the case) and "lol trade w/me plz" (which again has no bearing whatsoever on the case, it's just there to make you jump through more hoops)

You're boring to the point where you never tell us your name and nobody even bothers to ask, your biggest contribution to the investigation is to point me to someone who actually HAS important information, and you're the biggest reason why one of the worst investigations ever is so bad

FUCK YOU, PENNY NICHOLS

ZAWA ZAWA

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Butz the Klutz 52 wrote:

As someone who just finished replaying 1-3, I will second this 1000%

Okay, while I mostly agree, I still think she was more useful than Lisa Basil.

Anyway, I'll put in my two cents about my least favorite if nobody minds (I have not yet played SoJ.) Now I could go with someone like Spark Brusshel or Florent L'Belle or Ernest Amano, or even Richard Wellington, and while I dislike them all, I still think I hate Acro the most. I mean, what a jerk. I get that he's mad about his brother but

Spoiler: 2-3
he says he will be forever in debt to Russel Berry but yet wants to repay him by killing his daughter. Not to mention Regina herself is a total airhead who doesn't live in reality and can't see what she did wrong. That in my opinion is about the same as murdering someone with an extreme mental illness when they literally can not understand. So let's see, he wants to kill a girl with a very loose grasp on reality, who is also the daughter of the person he will forever be thankful for... am I missing anything? Oh yeah, his comatose brother, who Acro wants to kill Regina for, was in love with her. Idk, but I don't think Bat would be very happy to learn what his brother did when he wakes up.

Overall Acro is super selfish and doesn't think about anyone's feelings besides his own. I'm usually OK with characters like that at times, but when it involves things like murder I have to draw the line. It especially irked me that they tried to portray him as sympathetic. Like, really?

Other than that the only other character who comes to mind is Iris. She's too sweet. She's... like one of those candies that taste good at first, but ten seconds later you can't help but cringe at their sweetness.

Everyone else I can think of may have incredibly annoyed me but were overall harmless and didn't make me have an undying hatred toward them.

Edit:

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Lettie Mailer

I didn't think of PLvsAA characters... While I don't remember her all too well, I do remember her yelling "SIR!!" in a really annoying and high pitched voice 50 million times. That actually hurt my ears :(

Personally though I thought the snooty teacher was more annoying. Especially since she sort of reminded me of my actual first grade teacher who is my least favorite teacher of all time.

Lisa told you about Glen's gambling debts (and IIRC told you where Tigre's office was)

As far as being an interesting character, her personality was non-existant but at least she had a neat design

I've felt worse.

...I liked Lettie's "Siiiiiir!" It was the microphone noise that plays after that which I find annoying.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

I'd have to say my most hated character is April May, and I have recently been imagining her causing terror in Kalos only for Gym Leader Clemont and his little sister arrive and kill her.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

Happy Maria

Nahyuta Sahdmadhi.

Shelly deKiller. Just thinking about him or seeing his stupid face makes my blood boil. I hate how he calls Maya an "item" and how he has the nerve to pretend to be a gentleman and how entitled and bloody stupid he is. For instance...

Spoiler: 2-4
* Accepting payment in plain sight and allowing himself to be seen walking in and out of Corrida's room (sure it proved to be a dead end but he drew Powers' attention to him
* Setting up a super suspicious kidnapping scheme to force an aquittal for an "innocent" guy
* Hiding the kidnapping victim in his client's house when said client is suspected of murder and likely to have his home searched
* While acting as a butler spending his time in his client's house and thereby connecting the two of them to each other, while going under the most fake name ever: John Doe
* Saying himself he doesn't want his face to be seen, yet walks around both in the hotel and in Matt's house where for example Pearl could easily have recognized his face from when he told Maya she had a call (it's not like his face is that of a plain Jane either)
* Leaving his card in Maya's posession so that she could sneak out from the cellar
* Calling up to testify while obviously being able to be tracked through the signal, since his condition is that he will only testify if the court promises not to track him down
* Going to length to describe how he meets all his clients in person and that is part of his working "ethics" and really important and trust and blabla and then when it doesn't hold water he's like "nah, I communicate with some clients via e-mail, teehee :3"
* And describing her as "my client" and "they" and then suddenly referring to her as "he" for no reason (also strange how he seemed to know just about everything about her that had been brought up in court, but not her gender)
* Managing to leave the, to the client, superduperimportant videotape behind. And then crying about said client not trusting him. You just proved you didn't earn their trust, knobhead. And even then, having the client declared guilty wasn't enough, Mr. Overreaction threatens to follow the client all over the world to kill them. Image

And, worst of all
Spoiler: Mild GK2-1 spoiler
* Randomly selling ice cream while in a jacket with his fucking call card logo on it

Idiot. One could argue that the police are even more stupid for never managing to catch him, but I just think that Scumbag deKnobhead is so stupid that he repells all common sense within 10 km. At least.

[Whip the cream!]

^ I had almost forgotten how much I hated said knobhead (borrowing this description because it's perfect for him... and because I love the word)! >:(
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Hit men may be a dying occupation (pfffhaha, I swear that was unintentional) but this guy seriously has too much free time on his hands. And yes, knobhead is one of the best word in the English language.

[Whip the cream!]

Going for Miles wrote:
Hit men may be a dying occupation (pfffhaha, I swear that was unintentional) but this guy seriously has too much free time on his hands. And yes, knobhead is one of the best word in the English language.

Oh no, now you're a punster even subconsciously... (But then again, you've had punny dreams.) But yeah, really! That ice cream business is a great way of proving it.

Happy Maria

His theme is pail old amazing,though.

WG: :godot:

Southern corn: Haha, I think it's pail old annoying. But that's probably because it makes me think about him. :viola:

Happy Maria

:sadshoe: Aww

Ace Gamer

Regina Berry, because she's so naive.
Currently Playing: Case 5-5

Do you want to know where an instrument sample that was used in Ace Attorney music was sampled from? Check out my VGM Instrument Source Table!

Happy Maria

Then shouldn't you also hate Pearl?

[Whip the cream!]

Pearl is merely a child, though (even though Regina is very young as well). I don't like how naïve Regina is either, but well, I doesn't see it as her own fault, but the way she was raised. Same goes with Pearl, about the way she lacks knowledge about a lot of things.
Page 2 of 3 [ 105 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby