Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 26 of 30[ 1176 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Small ErrorsTopic%20Title

The painting that inspired a generation

Found some small errors that you might want to fix if you think it matters.

Spoiler: Turnabout into the Unknown spoilers
There are a few times in the case where Mr. and Ms. are mixed up. I remember several instances of "Ms. Jameson" and "Mr. Porter".
Also, the CPU getting destroyed wouldn't matter as long as the hard drive was still intact (I'm talking about Porter's computer). Just a small thing that made no sense and bugged the holy hell out of me.
Re: Small ErrorsTopic%20Title

Dracarys!

iCeCoCaCoLa64 wrote:

There are a few times in the case where Mr. and Ms. are mixed up. I remember several instances of "Ms. Jameson" and "Mr. Porter".
Also, the CPU getting destroyed wouldn't matter as long as the hard drive was still intact (I'm talking about Porter's computer). Just a small thing that made no sense and bugged the holy hell out of me.

Where specifically did you see the name errors?
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Full game complete)Topic%20Title

Turnabout into the Web Spoilers
Spoiler:
I'm reading the walkthrough, and I just presented the magatama to the weaboo guy. I'm supposed to present Stranger2Love's profile but I don't have it?

Dracarys!

GodottheDoggot wrote:
Turnabout into the Web Spoilers
Spoiler:
I'm reading the walkthrough, and I just presented the magatama to the weaboo guy. I'm supposed to present Stranger2Love's profile but I don't have it?

Spoiler:
Make sure you completed everything online. You'll get a message from a certain user if you did.

Re: Small ErrorsTopic%20Title

The painting that inspired a generation

Ropfa wrote:
iCeCoCaCoLa64 wrote:

Where specifically did you see the name errors?

I went file diving, there are WAY fewer errors than I thought there were. That's good, I guess. This is all I could find using Ctrl+F:

"Ms. Jameson" appears in scene69testimony.script.txt

"Mr. Porter" appears in scene72.talk.txt (twice)

Hi, I just downloaded the game and I was really enjoying it. I encountered an issue really early on in the rogue turnabout though.

Spoiler: The Rogue Turnabout
I'm in the room where you have to investigate the crime scene. I saw in a let's play that when you inspect the desk you then get a parking ticket. However when I inspect it the conversation is cut short and the Detective simply says "It's on my to-do list!" and that's that.

Is this a known issue? Because it's preventing me from progressing.

Dracarys!

perusonabam wrote:
Hi, I just downloaded the game and I was really enjoying it. I encountered an issue really early on in the rogue turnabout though.

I'm in the room where you have to investigate the crime scene. I saw in a let's play that when you inspect the desk you then get a parking ticket. However when I inspect it the conversation is cut short and the Detective simply says "It's on my to-do list!" and that's that.

It's not an issue. That was changed from earlier versions.

Ropfa wrote:
perusonabam wrote:

It's not an issue. That was changed from earlier versions.

Thank you. Do you have any hints to continuing though? I literally presented everything to everyone (Maya, the Defendant, and the Detective are the only ones available) and inspected everything I could.

Dracarys!

There are walkthroughs in the main game folder. They're all pdf files. They can help you if you get stuck in the game.

Oh my god thank you so much. I didn't even see the knife there! Wow.

Game crashes in the first case at the end when Keyes says: "Yes, Mr. Rivales. He just got here."
When I click to proceed Pywright just closes itself.

the fire mage

Lusankya wrote:
Game crashes in the first case at the end when Keyes says: "Yes, Mr. Rivales. He just got here."

that's the end of the case it's supposed to do that.

Dracarys!

Just so everyone knows, the "Ask a COI character" thing is still on. And now that the game is finally finished, the characters will respond to any spoiler questions.

Also, I'm hoping to release an update within the week that fixes some of the bugs that people have found in T-Unknown. There will also be the much asked for "bad ending" that I neglected to write in the first time around.

I was hoping to make an Android version for the game, but it seems that people are reporting more problems than just in the password section. Not all of them are things that I could fix through the CoI coding alone. There are issues with the Android version's core coding that I can't work out by myself. So I apologize, but unless the Android version is updated by somebody with more coding experience than me, it probably won't be happening.

Yabba Dabba Doo

megamike15 wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

that's the end of the case it's supposed to do that.

I don't think PyWright is supposed to crash at the end of a case. It normally just takes you to the case select screen.

Dracarys!

No, he's right. Pywright's programmed to close down after it finishes a case.

I still haven't finished this. Love it so much I don't want it to end! :gant:

Just thought I should mention that Spirit of Justice is really reminding me of this game. What with the
Spoiler:
musical opening case and examine-able nods to past cases and Pearl presumably being dead, then turning up out of nowhere to murder everyone...I assume...I haven't gotten that far, but it seems like that's where they're going
You oughta sue! :karma:

where can i get the old sprites?
i dont like the new look

Dracarys!

Here is a patch for Turnabout into the Unknown. To install it, unzip the file, go into the main "Conflict of Interest" folder, and then replace the old "Turnabout into the Unknown" folder with this new one. Just copy and paste it straight over the old one to replace it.

This patch has some fixes for bugs and typos, as well as a new failure ending for the confrontation against the final villain.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r9pksmkhqixct6i/Turnabout_into_the_Unknown.zip

Will this work with the Android version of PyWright? Would much prefer to play it portably (IMO how AA should be played)

general feedback/glowing review; I made an account just to tell you this

Spoiler:
What a work of art. I truly enjoyed this so, so much more than Dual Destinies (and I have a feeling I'll like it better than Spirit of Justice too).

Case 1 highlight was Kylie singing along to the Gramarye Troupe theme, the lyrics just fit perfectly (the other musical segments were fun too). Also I am proud of myself for spotting Donatello's earlybird cameo when I would come to play Case 4. It was nice to have Lotta be humbled. Overall, a good Case 1.

Case 2 was interesting for sure. I found Sarah's theme very grating, I muted it for my own comfort. I loved Wayne and Mark, I'm so glad you decided to make Mark a likeable guy in the end, and the justifiable jerkiness later gave him more depth. I enjoyed that the victim was an extremely powerful man who should have been invincible, it really set the tone for the rest of the game. Gallante's identity and suspicions thereof were perfectly paced. And the fact that it returned with great significance in Case 5 was very satisfying, unlike the usual nature of Case 2s. Great stuff, particularly for its early role in the game.

Case 3 was my favourite aside from the predictable triumph of Case 5. The constant shoutouts put a smile on my face each time, and the computer part of the investigation was extremely fun - the highlight for sure. I also got huge satisfaction from guessing Bad Player's password. PureMadness was as loveable as a troll can be, and Nathen looks suspiciously like someone I know irl...

Case 4, mainly grown up Pearl with issues, was interesting. The choice at the end (which actually matters for future gameplay) was a brilliant addition. Somehow overall it was a little unsatisfying in my opinion, yet still better than what's canon. Perhaps it's because, despite being mentally ill myself, I still can't empathise with Pearl trying to kill Maya. Gladys/Makoto was insufferable, honestly.

As for Case 5, wow. Of course, it would be the most impressive one. I found it a slightly underwhelming to begin with, but everything rocketed spectacularly in no time. Jimmy was a pure, heroic resemblance of Klavier whose role was well explained through flashbacks. THE PRESENCE OF KRISTOPH (him and his brother were the best things to come out of AJ:AA) made me squeal with genuine joy, after so many masterfully incorporated shoutouts I really wasn't expecting to battle him in court. Though I'd criticise his characterisation as just a little too obviously smug and corrupt, but it's a minor detail. Kushari was likeable despite appearing very little, and he was brilliantly sprited. Just the whole flashback to Obadiah's old trial was glorious. The Yossarian = Mendirez reveal, amazing (he was also wonderfully sprited, very well done). I very much enjoyed the Finnegan subplot, it was a very nice red herring. He also looked fabulous (his daughter less so if I'm honest); it's clear you improved your spriting a whole lot throughout the game's development. Trucy (who you made so much less annoying and much more helpful and likeable than in AJ:AA) using Apollo's abilities was a marvellous idea and made the gameplay just that bit more varied, particularly when you see the terrifying eye of *gasp* Morton! Who is one of the most triumphant examples of the hidden culprit/big bad.

Obadiah, while his sprites were slightly awkward (I'm not sure what it is, maybe he looks a little too babyfaced for a cool old bearded guy), was a compelling character. It was really commendable how you made him so fleshed out without resorting to the typical prosecuting prodigy tropes. His theme was absolutely perfectly picked - antiquated and intimidating.

I've been looking into AA fangames in the past couple of weeks (including Contempt of Court, your main inspiration) and this is a standout, by a mile or hundred. The work of you and everyone who helped you really, really shows in the final product (I was lucky enough to discover it so late that you finished it and so I could binge play it). Everything about it is excellent. And the fact that you managed to finish it fully is impressive in its own right. Really, honestly, very well done! I hope this brightens your day!

Also created an account just to post this.

Just wanted to say thank you for an amazing game. This is by far the best fan-game I have ever played, and it is definitely on par with Capcoms original titles (Im sure you could sell this to them if you wanted to, please dont though :P)

Fantastic storyline, incredible twists and great blend of old and new characters. And case 4, holy christ, I actually felt bad playing it to the end. I really like that there is no "happy" ending, just two different routes that are both pretty bad.

Also want to share a lot of love for the Persona 4 reference in the last case, it really put a smile on my face. Especially when coming from a character that feels like the opposite of Nanako.

I really hope this wasnt your last project, but if it was, talk about going out in style.
Again, thank you for doing this, it has been a real pleasure playing through this amazing storyline.

>Game crashes in the first case at the end when Keyes says: "Yes, Mr. Rivales. He just got here."

>>that's the end of the case it's supposed to do that.

>>>I don't think PyWright is supposed to crash at the end of a case. It normally just takes you to the case select screen.
Ropfa wrote:

When Pywright closes down, I can't begin the second case. I can only continue the first case, which I already beat.

smashsenpai wrote:
>Game crashes in the first case at the end when Keyes says: "Yes, Mr. Rivales. He just got here."

>>that's the end of the case it's supposed to do that.

>>>I don't think PyWright is supposed to crash at the end of a case. It normally just takes you to the case select screen.
Ropfa wrote:

When Pywright closes down, I can't begin the second case. I can only continue the first case, which I already beat.

Eh?

In PyWright, if you're given a game, you can start any cases even if you haven't finished the previous case. Hell, you could be playing Case 5 without even doing Cases 1/2/3/4 if you want.

Maybe there's something wrong with your PyWright. I just beat case 1, and yes, PyWright did automatically close down (looked like a crash) after the sentence you stated.

But there should be a little arrow pointing to the right next to "A Turnabout Is Worth A Thousand Words". Click that. Click New Game.

As for the game not working in OS X El Capitan, there is a workaround. Here are the instructions to apply this workaround:

1. Download the applications from this site: http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/
This will allow you to be able to run certain windows applications on Mac.

2. Run the "Wine" application. It will then create a windows directory in your local folder. You may need to install some of the items on the list that pops up. You may open the "Wine" application later to do this if needed later. For now, press the X button for the "Wine" application.

3. Now, download the Windows PyWright file instead of the Mac OS X one. Unzip it wherever you wish to.

4. Right-click the PyWright.exe file and hover over "Open With."

5. If "Wine" is shown on the list, click on it. If it is not, click "Other..." and navigate to where you installed the "Wine" application.

6. When a dialog box pops up, click the "Run Directly in..." option.

7. Have fun! :phoenix:

Case 1:

-About time we get to defend
Spoiler:
Lotta Hart
. And
Spoiler:
it's cool that she has an ex-boyfriend and stuff. I Like the idea that she would use an older man to get a scoop.

-Got an error immediately before
Spoiler:
Lotta Hart
delivered the game's first testimony. It didn't seem to do anything, but it's not a very auspicious start.
-Voice samples seem to be of dubious quality. They remind me of ones from the original DS trilogy rather than the HD ports or the newer games.
-Shouldn't
Spoiler:
the prosecutor be giving the first opening statement?

-Creative use of music. Love the
Spoiler:
plagiarism angle
-Really?
Spoiler:
Press penalties
in a tutorial case? *gulp*
-Yay! We get to
Spoiler:
present profiles
again.
-Having
Spoiler:
an option contradiction where the Judge restores your life bar
is an interesting easter egg.
-The odd missing word/typo but nothing that bugged me. Writing was generally of decent quality and in-character and
Spoiler:
Lotta Hart
was just as good as she was in the original trilogy and AAI2.
-Not my favourite Objection theme. But, I suppose it does the job.
-Yay!
Quote:
Presto 2009
is my favourite cross-examination theme!
-Sometimes the right arrow doesn't appear on the bottom screen when we reach the final part of a cross-examination. Not sure if this is a programming error or a problem with PyWright, as this is only my second fan case after Turnabout Substitution, and that was quite a long time ago.

Overall, very well done. I really enjoyed the murderer and the defendant and everyone is pretty well in character.

Spoiler:
Press penalties
make this a bit tricky for a tutorial case, but, at the same time, I don't think this is anyone's first Ace Attorney game.

I like it about as much as 3-1, AAI-1, 5-1 and, 6-1...So it's kind of stuck in the middle tier of first cases. Not as good as 4-1 or AAI2-1, but that's a lot to ask of a fan game. Also seems less glitchy than I remember Turnabout Substitution being so far.

Really looking forward to where this is going, especially Turnabout on the Web. It's fascinating as a potential setting for an AA case, and I'm surprised it's never really been tried in an official game, aside from maybe the
Spoiler:
MASON system in 4-4.

Case two - Investigation 1 (Spoilers. Not going to hide them because it ruined the formatting of my other post):

-Really? Gumshoe has Wright as his emergency contact? Why not Edgeworth?
-It's just called "Hospital" on the location selection menu? That's pretty generic. Why not "Eldoon Clinic"?
-WAA office scene when you meet Mr. Black. For some reason, Trucy appears on the top screen, but when you talk or present stuff, you see Maya.
-Ah Sonic 2. The first video game I ever owned on the first console I ever owned. Neat music choice.
-So Sarah uses a White-ism and "Feenie"...I'm absoposilutely suspicious of her.
-For some reason, Cody Hackins' profile doesn't appear in the Court Record.
-The "Move" option disappeared from the menu the second time I meet Watters in the Penthouse. I thought PyWright was bugging out on me, but then the day ended after that scene.

Again. Neat characters. Sarah is April May on crack. Watters isn't as gimmicky as the other detectives, but he's unique enough to be enjoyable. I like Parker as a defendant
Can't wait to meet the prosecutor.

I wonder who Sir Gallante is...

Black?
Prosecutor?
Sarah?

It can't be Parker bcause there were no psyche-locks.

Case 2 - Trial 1:

Warning: Uncovered spoilers for this game and for GK2.

-"Miles Edgeworth has a friend who broke the law to help others."...ummm..I don't think Kay actually stole anything material.
-legalism vs vigilanteism, huh? Good theme for an Ace Attorney case.
-Looks like our new prosecutor is playing straight with a simple "The prosecution is ready". Refreshing.
-The defense actually states their thesis at the beginning of the case. Cool.
-Crap? Damnit? post-hobonix cusses now? Hmm...
-A prosecutor with a mysterious grudge against Phoenix. But he seems like too much the straight man to be another Godot...
-They're starting with the witness huh? I expected the detective.
-Sarah Keyes, Simon Keyes. Any relation?
-Testigating? Hmm...So she flirts like April May, talks like Redd White, and has the same last name as GK2's mastermind. I wonder....
-ooo kinky
-Obadiah's objection sounds pretty angry
-nitpicky, put Obadiah said "guilty sentence" when he should have said "guilty verdict"
-Obadiah seems impatient and angry, but he also seems honest and competent. Again, he still comes across as a straight-man compared to most other AA prosecutors. Shows minute flashes of humour with "Ninjas".
-Is that Obadiah's music? Seems quite elegant.
-Thou shalt not kill? Thou shalt not lie? Old-Timey name? Are we going for a Christian vibe with this prosecutor? I'm not religious, but I like it.
-For some reason, the music stops after we discuss Sarah's phone call and go back to examining the testimony
-Sarah is volunteering to testify when she's about to be let off the hook? Just what is going on here? Maybe her wittle crush on Feenie is legit.
-odd difficulty curve: I found this trial scenario easier than Case 1.

Case 2 - Investigation 2 (Spoilers)

-Eldoon Clinic is still listed as "Hospital" in the location selection menu. I don't get it.
-Little tiny vortexes of fun. I love Maya. Wouldn't spending some time in her vortex of fun.
-Mark Watters doesn't dress very detective-like, imho
-PEARLS!!! *sobs*
-"Old Mikey"? So Rivales came up in Case 1 as well? Just what's going on here?
-How does a random teenager like Cody have a set of fingerprints from everyone associated with the case?
-So now Cody finally appears in the Court Record. :-)
-Hmm Watters is the culprit? Is he Gallante?

Dracarys!

GummyFaraday wrote:

I'm gonna nix this one, simply because it's been asked elsewhere.

No, Sarah has absolutely no relation to Simon Keyes from the fan translation of AAI2. I came up with her before there were even solid plans for a translation project. Rogue Turnabout was the first case released in this game; it came out quite a while before even Dual Destinies. So any perceived references to AAI2, DD, or SoJ do not actually exist.

As far as I can recall, there's only one reference to AAI2 in all of CoI, apart from the music. It's in the final case.

Ropfa wrote:
GummyFaraday wrote:

I'm gonna nix this one, simply because it's been asked elsewhere.

No, Sarah has absolutely no relation to Simon Keyes from the fan translation of AAI2. I came up with her before there were even solid plans for a translation project. Rogue Turnabout was the first case released in this game; it came out quite a while before even Dual Destinies. So any perceived references to AAI2, DD, or SoJ do not actually exist.

As far as I can recall, there's only one reference to AAI2 in all of CoI, apart from the music. It's in the final case.

Really. You're right. Rogue Turnabout came out before the AAI2 fan translation.

Incidentally, why did you go back and add an intro case after having already created Rogue and Web?

One unique thing that I noticed about Williamson is that -- in spite of his hatred Wright -- he's not willing to see a defendant convicted unjustly or without evidence if it can be helped. Very different from 1-2 Edgeworth or early Franziska.

I found some significant bugs at the beginning of the second investigation of Turnabout Consequences. Whenever I try present Raphael or Daliah to Pearl, I get the message "no label milkshake$ to go to inn.." or "no label Raphael$ to go to in..." and then it goes back to the conversation menu.

Dracarys!

GummyFaraday wrote:
I found some significant bugs at the beginning of the second investigation of Turnabout Consequences. Whenever I try present Raphael or Daliah to Pearl, I get the message "no label milkshake$ to go to inn.." or "no label Raphael$ to go to in..." and then it goes back to the conversation menu.

How early in the investigation was this?

Ropfa wrote:
GummyFaraday wrote:

How early in the investigation was this?

Right at the beginning.
Spoiler:
When I was presenting the profiles to Pearl while in Maya's hospital room.

Oh..And the temple in 3-5 is Hazakura, not Hazakurain.

Just a thought, wouldn't it make sense to merge the Turnabout into the Unknown patch with the main game and just have one download link?

Happy Maria

FInished playing it. It's a pretty good fan game (though not as good as the official ones). Quite interesting the direction you took with some characters (you know the ones,you heartless monster). The ending felt a bit abrupt though,and I felt you could've chosen better credits music than the Cadenza version of Cornered.

While we're still on the topic of music,why do you use Moderato and Allegro 2011, but use Presto 2009 as the final testimony. That's like playing chess with one of your pieces the opponent's colour. It doesnt match.

Still enjoyed the game though,and it was clear that a lot of time and effort has gone into this.

Ace Culprit

congrats on finishing the whole game! It really takes a lot of time and effort to finish this but it's worth it!

Happy Maria

Yeah,I had to take a few breaks due to frustration,but I liked it in the end.

Lead designer of Turnabout RPG.

Ropfa wrote:
Here is a patch for Turnabout into the Unknown. To install it, unzip the file, go into the main "Conflict of Interest" folder, and then replace the old "Turnabout into the Unknown" folder with this new one. Just copy and paste it straight over the old one to replace it.

This patch has some fixes for bugs and typos, as well as a new failure ending for the confrontation against the final villain.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r9pksmkhqixct6i/Turnabout_into_the_Unknown.zip

Holy crap it's been awhile since I've posted here, never knew there was an updated version lol

But unfortunately I have a pretty dang metered cap every month so I'm not sure about downloading it just for the new bad ending. What happens in it?

Dracarys!

georgethecow wrote:
Ropfa wrote:

Holy crap it's been awhile since I've posted here, never knew there was an updated version lol

But unfortunately I have a pretty dang metered cap every month so I'm not sure about downloading it just for the new bad ending. What happens in it?

Spoiler:
There's a "miracle never happen" style monologue from somebody implied to be Luciano and he heavily hints that Nick & Co. all get murdered after this.

Ropfa, excellent job on the game. It's definitely better than some of the official games in the series.

Spoiler:
I was wondering if you or anybody else had a save file directly before the scene112 A/B split (maybe around scene 107 or so?). I was planning to play through both paths of the final case, but it takes so long and it doesn't look like anything prior to this point really affects the flow of the case, I've read through the minor text differences in scenes 2, 6, 7, 15, 16, 30, 38, 72, 76, 86, 87 and 97.

Thanks in advance!

Dracarys!

OmnipotentEntity wrote:
Spoiler:
I was wondering if you or anybody else had a save file directly before the scene112 A/B split (maybe around scene 107 or so?). I was planning to play through both paths of the final case, but it takes so long and it doesn't look like anything prior to this point really affects the flow of the case, I've read through the minor text differences in scenes 2, 6, 7, 15, 16, 30, 38, 72, 76, 86, 87 and 97.

Thanks in advance!

Spoiler:
Which ending have you already played? I know that there are let's play videos of the "arrest Pearl" ending on Youtube, but I've yet to see anything for the ending where you cover for her.

Page 26 of 30 [ 1176 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games