Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 47 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 announcedTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

"This time - all the mysteries will be brought to light."

Details to come.

First trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot6tidI8NNo
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 announcedTopic%20Title

Mia Payne

I wonder if it's gonna be as bad as the first one....

I can't wait to never play it

Art Person

official tweet with the logo:
https://twitter.com/Gyakuten_capcom/sta ... 6085506048

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

So what's the subtitle? BTW, I copy-pasted the kanji into wiktionary, it didn't give a Japanese result, but for the Chinese reading, the translation was "awakening". So "Awakening of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou" then?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I prefer "conviction".
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Art Person

Is that last word in the subtitle pronounced "kakugo" (覺悟)?
Now I'm curious as my rikai-kun plugin's not picking the word up.

HEY, PAL!

Don't mind me, I'll just be crying in the corner over there.
I'll be forwarding all of my therapy bills to Capcom. ;)

The "kaku" kanji is written in its outdated form (basically traditional Chinese), so it's no surprise some plugins won't work.

Wait, Bolt, I changed my mind. I prefer "sticktoitiveness". (Or we could go with "determination", but I worry about the UT fandom...)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

迷探偵

SuperAj3 wrote:
Is that last word in the subtitle pronounced "kakugo" (覺悟)?
Now I'm curious as my rikai-kun plugin's not picking the word up.

It probably can't pick up on the old spelling. 覺悟 is pre-war spelling. Nowdays, it's written as 覚悟.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

元・超会社員級の管理人

I went for "resolve" on my first pass. Thoughts?
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I'm happy for Takumi, but sad for me ;-;

That one super-uncooperative witness

I somehow feel like they had to make the claim that all the mysteries will be brought to light in this title or else they won't be able to sell copies.

...Awful morbid jokes aside, I think a good number of us predicted this would be the announcement. That said, it's kind of a shame...I was expecting Takumi to suddenly pop up behind a curtain into a spotlight to announce the sequel to his baby. Oh well.

元・超会社員級の管理人

If I had to guess, DGS was originally envisioned as a trilogy but the (relatively) tepid sales and the 3DS being on the way out had them cut it down to a duology.

Wooster wrote:

I thought thy will keep referencing sherlock holmes short story collection with every game, because the first one was named "The Adventures of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou" just like "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" , so the next 2 games will be "The Memoirs of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou" and "The Return of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou".

Well, that theory goes out of the window now.

i am happy about DGS2 though!

Last edited by MH MD on Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bolt Storm wrote:
If I had to guess, DGS was originally envisioned as a trilogy but the (relatively) tepid sales and the 3DS being on the way out had them cut it down to a duology.

"Resolve" works. I thought about using "will", but maybe it gives the wrong connotation? Then again, if DGS2 is the end of it, it might be reason to go with "kakugo", rather than follow the titles of the SH stories.

迷探偵

I think that both Resolve and Resolution work. Both words also have the meaning of concluding/ending something, so that works nicely. I have a slight preference of Resolution, but nothing big.

It's funny how they went from a Sherlock Holmes-inspired title, to something Father Brown-esque. Will Father Brown appear?!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Honestly, I just want my Shakespearean in a GS game, preferably a comedy.

Well, I definitely want to see them explaining some stuff from the previous game. Also the setting and characters are too good to be left with only one mediocre game.

Blizdi wrote:

How was it bad? Plot holes? Unsolved mysteries? Well... it seems they are finally going to solve those in the next game.

Don't get me wrong, but you are now doing the exact same thing for which you criticize Klonoahedgehog all the time. (not liking Dual Destinies/not liking DGS and being negative about Spirit of Justice/DGS2).

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Last edited by Slammer on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

迷探偵

From Takumi's Twitter, his comment on the DGS2 announcement:

Quote:
It has been finally announced at the stage at the Tokyo Game Show today! Development has started on "Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 - The Resolve of Naruhodo Ryunosuke"! And we have prepared footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt1s2DhNp3I

But we can't talk about anything yet at this stage. "We finally announced it!" and "So...we finally anounced it...", these feelings fill me. Tension and resolve. I feel like that ancestor with his restless eyes in the grand courtroom...

Anyway. The whole team, including our familiar "Master' Nuri, and our other "Famous Artist" Kitagawa are all intent on pursuing quality with everything we've got until the very end. I myself will also do my best with my limitless respect for classic mystery fiction and new challenges inside of me.

And that's it. It's important, so I'll say it one more time. "Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 - The Resolve of Naruhodo Ryunosuke" is now in development. Please look forward to it! 

http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/gy ... opics/1091

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I wonder how much Takumi had to con Capcom into letting him make this. They were allegedly very disappointed with him after Ghost Trick's poor sales back in the day, but I guess DGS1 had a bit more, kinda like GK2 or something. I'm still sad there has been no indication of a western release of DGS1 yet. Oh how I hope there is a possibility - if this is a duology - for Capcom to smack these two titles together and localize it as one complete game, possibly for an NX port next year.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

迷探偵

Slammer wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

How was it bad? Plot holes? Unsolved mysteries? Well... it seems they are finally going to solve those in the next game.

Don't get me wrong, but you are now doing the exact same thing for which you criticize Klonoahedgehog all the time. (not liking Dual Destinies/not liking DGS and being negative about Spirit of Justice/DGS2).

Most criticism on the game is aimed at the fact that it left too many questions unanswered (with some questions literally posed in the final minutes of the game). I friggin' loved it as a game, with more originality in the mystery plots, a great atmosphere, great music and art design and fun new mechanics.

You know how Shenmue 2 ended? It's something like that.

1000% Knight

WHOOOOOOOOOP :acro:

Tbh I had kinda started to think it might not happen... But it did! Hooray! Even if DGS was intended as a trilogy and got cut down into a duology, I'm still glad we're getting another DGS and a resolution to DGS1's mysteries. (also i'm still gonna cross my fingers that it ends up being a trilogy)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

迷探偵

Bad Player wrote:
Even if DGS was intended as a trilogy and got cut down into a duology, I'm still glad we're getting another DGS and a resolution to DGS1's mysteries. (also i'm still gonna cross my fingers that it ends up being a trilogy)

Sooo, I have seen multiple people mention the fact it was intended as a trilogy, but does anyone have a (primary) source for that? I've seen people say that so often, but I've only found this 2015 Dengeki Nintendo interview where producer Kojima mentions the original scenario of the game (DGS1) was way too long for one game and that he wasn't even sure whether they would finish the game in time, and this 2016 interview with Capcom COO Tsujimoto, saying they were still planning to make DGS into its own series (and hey, he was right!). So not a mention about a trilogy.

I am talking specifically about a trilogy. Has anyone see a primary source where they mention specifically three games, or is everyone just assuming this because there was an original trilogy? (which was never planned as a trilogy anyway....).

Yabba Dabba Doo

Can't say I'm super hyped for this, since I don't want to play it until a localization happens, but I'm definitely happy that it's coming. Besides, we also get more DGS music, which I have no complaints about.

OBJECTION!

This is awesome news because I actually have been watching an English subtitled play through of the first game. I'm in the middle of the final case right now, so I don't exactly know what mysteries get left open. However, its nice to know that the series will continue and resolve some of those. Now I just wish that this and the 1st game would be announced for western releases

I'm weirdly excited for this eventhough I'll probably never get to play it. I'll stick to an irrational tiny bit of hope that we get a western release, I guess.

DGS fucking when..

I am THIS mad! >:(

Awesome!

(don't mean to be picky, but minor correction: she's returning to her hometown (故郷), not Tokyo. Recall that the city in case 1 is invariably called 帝京, "imperial capital," probably to help mask exactly what year the game takes place in.)

迷探偵

Dowolf wrote:
Recall that the city in case 1 is invariably called 帝京, "imperial capital," probably to help mask exactly what year the game takes place in.)

It's 帝都 actually, not 帝京. Using the name doesn't really mask the fact it's Tokyo though, because Edo changed to Tokyo in 1868, many, many years before DGS. A lot of fiction set in Meiji ~ Taisho do prefer to call the city 帝都 instead of Tokyo actually, like Sakura Taisen.

ack, my mistake.

Though my understanding was that the name change didn't happen until 1889?

EDIT: oh, that's when the city was established, but the name change happened earlier. Huh.

women are my favorite guy

tfw capcom announces a new ace attorney game, but it also means dai gyakuten saiban will most likely not be released outside japan

A New Chapter of Trials!

I plan to stick to a vaguely delusional belief that NOW we will get the DGS games in a bundle in English. It's the only thing that keeps me sane.

Seriously Capcom, I am fully prepared to rapidly fling my money at you!
Eureka!

迷探偵

Dowolf wrote:
Though my understanding was that the name change didn't happen until 1889?

EDIT: oh, that's when the city was established, but the name change happened earlier. Huh.

Ah, you're thinking of "Tokyo City" (東京市). That was when an organizational change of cities was introduced, around 1888, so "Tokyo City" is actually younger, and only a section within the original' Tokyo(-fu). Edo was officially renamed to Tokyo in 1868 with the 「江戸ヲ称シテ東京ト為スノ詔書」.

The Enigma

Soooooo hyyyype

By the way, does anyone know what the characters say on the tombstone in the trailer?
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Given the events of case 5, I assume that
Spoiler:
her father, who was sick, may have passed away.

Nah. It's unclear, but judging by the way the characters look...
Spoiler: DGS
It's probably Asogi. I figure the crew probably dropped him off in Hong Kong or so and someone shipped the body back to Japan. They didn't get to hold an official funeral for him yet, after all.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Made a few corrections to the subs. It was late and I was tired....

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

Bramimond wrote:
Soooooo hyyyype

By the way, does anyone know what the characters say on the tombstone in the trailer?

Basically impossible to make out from the teaser.

Spoiler: DGS
It doesn't really look like 御琴羽悠仁/Mikotoba Yujin, nor 亜双義一真/Asogi Kazuma, though they probably edited it on purpose so you couldn't make it out.

Page 1 of 2 [ 47 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes