Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 55 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney coming to mobileTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Well, the official blog post announcing it seems to have been hastily retracted, but the evidence is clear as day: Apollo Justice is coming to Android and iOS this winter!

You can pre-register to get the game first now.

Update: Officially announced in both America and Japan.

Spoiler: First screenshots

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney coming to mobileTopic%20Title

That one super-uncooperative witness

And now iOS users can play 1 through 5 in a straight shot without a gap in the timeline, plus the game is now legally available in a form that's not hunting down old DS carts. Plus English-speaking Android users finally get a taste of Ace Attorney. Score!

But really, what I'm more excited about is that Capcom's properly acknowledging that this game exists after years of vaguely skipping over its existence in terms of the release sector. Hopefully this'll follow up with the 3DS, I really hated seeing the timeline gap there too. And perhaps Android users can get the whole series (we still haven't gotten the trilogy in English for Android, even though Japan did)...! But that'll be an issue to deal with on another day.

Last edited by Aster Selene on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clarion of Revelations

This was unexpected but very welcome! I have already played it but I might just give it another try, I haven't played it for quite a while after all

A Kirby and AA fan

I don't really know how to feel about this announcement. It was clearly made in error, and thus we aren't supposed to know about it yet.
Announcing it here kind of ruins the surprise for the actual reveal.

...Now, in this case, it's nothing too bad. While good news, it's nothing too surprising or shocking or what have you. I guess I'm more talking out of principle here.
I abhor seeing people report leaks without any regard for whatever surprising reveal the company may have had planned. And with Nintendo's new console on the horizon, I fear I'll get to hear all about it before Nintendo properly tells me.

Okay, that's rather off topic, but I had to, you know? :yogi:

Anyway, if I didn't already have this game, I would definitely get it. I presume it'll be a HD release like the trilogy release? Now if only it has proper animations.

Nurio wrote:
I don't really know how to feel about this announcement. It was clearly made in error, and thus we aren't supposed to know about it yet.
Announcing it here kind of ruins the surprise for the actual reveal.

...Now, in this case, it's nothing too bad. While good news, it's nothing too surprising or shocking or what have you. I guess I'm more talking out of principle here.
I abhor seeing people report leaks without any regard for whatever surprising reveal the company may have had planned. And with Nintendo's new console on the horizon, I fear I'll get to hear all about it before Nintendo properly tells me.

Okay, that's rather off topic, but I had to, you know? :yogi:

Anyway, if I didn't already have this game, I would definitely get it. I presume it'll be a HD release like the trilogy release? Now if only it has proper animations.

The pre-registration link is still active so I think it's fair game. In any case, Japan's side just announced it as well.

I must say that image looks really spiffy, far better than the 123 HD port for iOS/Android.

Spoiler: spiffy looking Apollo

[EDIT] And now it's official for us, too. Cool stuff.

Spoiler: Here's another spiffy looking Apollo on a spiffy UI.

Spoiler: 123 trilogy for iOS/Android for comparison

Bracelets of Steel

I like the new HD sprites they've shown us. With AJ:AA's refined art style, the HD sprites definitely look much better than those of the HD trilogy. Hopefully someone rips them when the game is released :apollo:

Though I'm guessing they're gonna recycle the sprites for lawyer-Phoenix and the judge.

Clarion of Revelations

Here's what the icon will look like!

Ace Lurker

Really hoping it doesn't turn out anything like the original trilogy. The iOS trilogy is absolutely abysmal. Even if it is up to the 3DS trilogy's polish level, I hope these new HD sprites aren't missing tons of frames like both trilogy versions suffer from.

Dual Destinies iOS is wonderfully polished, though, so if it's the same team working on this then I have hope. I wonder if this also means AA4 will get a 3DS version, finally.

Art Person

The art is so crisp and clean!
Here's to fluid animation and blinking actually being in this one!

What a fantastic news to wake up to!
Really glad they are bringing this game to android too in the west! Maybe there is some hope after all....
Hope that means that whenever SoJ comes out for iOS there wil be an android version too
Anyway, AJ looks really crisp and clean!

Bracelets of Steel

The announcement being made on this particular day is all the more fitting, because, as I've just realised, today (October 12) marks 15 years since the first Gyakuten Saiban game was released on the GBA!

元・超会社員級の管理人

This looks much, much, much better than the trilogy release. Hope they aren't cutting animation frames.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Ace Procrastinator

Hope that they have blinking animations here. That's why I didn't like the 3D trilogy

Happy Maria

Neato! Nicely done!

Wotter boy

I hope they add case art like they did for RftA...

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I'll be getting it, even if I'm not that fond of AJAA. Here's hoping for SoJ iOS as well.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Bolt Storm wrote:
This looks much, much, much better than the trilogy release. Hope they aren't cutting animation frames.

I still think the way the art has been redrawn looks like the same style as the HD iOS trilogy. The art of AJAA was originally much more crisp and high-res than the GBA sprites in the trilogy. Something about those outlines and shadows on Apollo's clothes look like most of it has just been put through filters and photohopping yet again.

Still a chance it's more like the 3DS release than the iOS release of the trilogy, but I have a bad feeling there will be dropped frames no matter what.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

This makes me happier than I thought it would. I was literally thinking about this yesterday as I introduced a friend to the original trilogy.

It'll be english-only, I presume? Such a shame they stopped translating the series multi5...

The new sprites look so good, by the way :acro:

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Programmer

Well, they should still have the old scripts. If nothing else the Internet does.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Athena Internet Defense Force

Oh snap.

It's clear Apollo is finally getting his due after a rocky start. People have definitely warmed up to him.

Leader of SCWRM Comms

Bolt Storm wrote:

I actually wonder if for Apollo Justice HD, they'll actually redo Phoenix and the Judge's courtroom models again properly this time.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE?

AMAZING! Now we can finally have HD images on the Ace Attorney Wikia for AJ as well.

A New Chapter of Trials!

Whaaaaaaaaaat!? Capcom ACKNOWLEDGED the existence of AJ:AA?! Never thought I'd see the day! The screenshots look really nice, hopefully it plays a nice as it looks.
Eureka!

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Those HD sprites look amazing. I can't wait to see everyone else.

A Kirby and AA fan

linkenski wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

I still think the way the art has been redrawn looks like the same style as the HD iOS trilogy. The art of AJAA was originally much more crisp and high-res than the GBA sprites in the trilogy. Something about those outlines and shadows on Apollo's clothes look like most of it has just been put through filters and photohopping yet again.

I see what you mean, and I kinda feel the same. These sprites, while I don't think they look bad, kind of look like they're vector images. There's no subtlety to the shading. It's all very crisp and sharp. Too much so.
I've seen many HD visual novels that have a bit of a softer look yet still look HD.

If the English version of this is coming to android, does that mean there is a chance they will translate the original trilogy/port Dual Destinies to Android?
Signature loading, please wait...

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

I, for one, was crossing my fingers for a 3D remake but this is excellent! I haven't played AJ since my DS Lite broke down centuries ago. This is going to be really good!

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Slammer wrote:
It'll be english-only, I presume? Such a shame they stopped translating the series multi5...

Considering what Aster Selene put in spoilers, I think it's not English-only, but rather both English and Japanese. :ron:
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Slammer wrote:

Considering what Aster Selene put in spoilers, I think it's not English-only, but rather both English and Japanese. :ron:

I think they're referring to the lack of other European languages (Multi-5 meaning English/Spanish/Italian/German/French), which AA games used to be translated to until AAI.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

This is awesome! A little bizarre and unexpected (I'm not sure why they didn't do this earlier) but it's great to have it in HD.

I kind of wish they would have done this as part of the trilogy 3DS release (and just call it "Ace Attorney collection" or something) as I prefer to have the games on the 3DS but playing around with DD on iOS indicated that it's not inferior in any way so I think this will work out well.

I hope they release a SoJ announcement for iOS as well. It would be great to have a backup device (my phone) to play the games (specifically DD and SoJ) in case my 3DS died in some way that I couldn't fix/transfer to another one. I know the HD trilogy is a pretty shoddy port but I've heart plenty of people who started with it and still enjoyed it, and DD seemed to be a great port from what I could tell.

I really wish they'd make PC ports as well, though. It's not the ideal system for me to play AA but it's one of the best in terms of long-term compatibility and preservation.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Fingers crossed they give Investigations an HD remake and put both on the eShop, but I don't mind it on iOS. Damn though, those sprites look absolutely incredible.

Bracelets of Steel

Thunder84 wrote:
Fingers crossed they give Investigations an HD remake and put both on the eShop, but I don't mind it on iOS. Damn though, those sprites look absolutely incredible.

If they do indeed give AAI a HD remake, followed by possibly AAI2, I hope they give AAI2 an official English translation this time.

Athena Internet Defense Force

jaydrick0620 wrote:
I, for one, was crossing my fingers for a 3D remake but this is excellent! I haven't played AJ since my DS Lite broke down centuries ago. This is going to be really good!

Actually, I don't really want a remake of this game because I like the original soundtrack so much. I don't really want to see it reorchestrated with new instruments because I think it would lose some of its feel.

Yes! I was thinking about this the other day. I'm so happy that AJ is going to become more accessible for people, especially new fans who may have only played the cellphone versions. I hope it becomes avaliable on the 3DS too. :trucy:
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

Missile

Didn't they patch the blinking back into the iOS version?

Hobo is my favorite version of Naruhodo, so I'll be happy to see him again. (I find AA5 Naruhodo quite dull as a character)
I wonder how they're gonna handle the highly compressed fmv files of 3D models?
https://youtu.be/oeB3XlRJYIQ?t=9m28s

Last edited by ouboros on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Missile

Mayoi is surprised by this announcement

Happy Maria

Her eyeballs are like flowers,man.

Monkey with a gun

I like how it's exactly the same set up
As in it's meant to look closer to the artwork
It's just more detailed because that's how the artwork for AJ was compared to the old games

A Kirby and AA fan

Hotdiddykong wrote:
I like how it's exactly the same set up
As in it's meant to look closer to the artwork
It's just more detailed because that's how the artwork for AJ was compared to the old games
*snip*

Hm... Just comparing the in-game screenshots to this artwork, you can definitely see the difference, though. As I mentioned before, the in-game sprites almost look too sharp, especially the shadows. The artwork there has a certain softness to it (without looking blurry or faded).
Page 1 of 2 [ 55 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes