Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 27 of 40[ 1583 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 40  Next

Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

sumguy28 wrote:
Trump still claims that the initial suspects in the Central Park Five incident are guilty.
I've groaned and facepalmed at several things both POTUS candidates have said over the past campaign season. This is the first to absolutely piss me off. So not only did Trump publish advertisements calling for the death penalty for the suspected minors, not only were were the confessions extracted only after 30 straight hours of interrogation, not only were the suspects proven innocent via DNA evidence, but now Trump has the gall to claim that he was right and is right about sending innocents to prison. If Hillary is crooked, Trump has already snapped.

He hasn't snapped, he's just an imbecile to begin with. Hell, not even the republican party wants to keep him in anymore, but they know it would be difficult to get rid of him now.

C-A

Ready for action!

I should be happy since my friend is in Japan right now and getting me so much Pokemon and Ace Attorney merchandise. But...I'm not. I'm just having so much self doubt right now. I feel like a laughing stock. I feel like people don't take me seriously and I'm viewed as an annoyance, especially in the CR Discord.

It also doesn't help my crush said some pretty hurtful things to me last night over Skype. We were on the topic of plushes, and he said some things that was a pretty low blow for me. Saying things like "Y'Know what, next time when you spend money on things I'd find questionable, go bother someone else about it, I can't seem to argue with you, since you always find a way to justify yourself and it doesn't improve my existance in the slightest, it only annoys me slightly."

I...almost felt like yelling everything about him. About my feelings, how I fee about his attitude, and wishing he would die alone. I held back but...I do wonder if yelling at him would have made him apologize.

I wish I wasn't so weak.

Go ahead and yell at him. Or, alternatively, tell him about the things he likes and talks about, but absolutely bother you.
Or, you know, choose to shoot him into a cannon, because he seems intolerant to your hobbies and who wants to like someone like that?

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Lhancat wrote:
I should be happy since my friend is in Japan right now and getting me so much Pokemon and Ace Attorney merchandise. But...I'm not. I'm just having so much self doubt right now. I feel like a laughing stock. I feel like people don't take me seriously and I'm viewed as an annoyance, especially in the CR Discord.

It also doesn't help my crush said some pretty hurtful things to me last night over Skype. We were on the topic of plushes, and he said some things that was a pretty low blow for me. Saying things like "Y'Know what, next time when you spend money on things I'd find questionable, go bother someone else about it, I can't seem to argue with you, since you always find a way to justify yourself and it doesn't improve my existance in the slightest, it only annoys me slightly."

I...almost felt like yelling everything about him. About my feelings, how I fee about his attitude, and wishing he would die alone. I held back but...I do wonder if yelling at him would have made him apologize.

I wish I wasn't so weak.

Wow, sorry to say but your crush is kind of horrible there. You shouldn't feel bad about being able to justify your own purchases. Also the CR Discord is bound by rules too, if people are making you feel horrible there and you don't feel respected you can take it up with a mod. Just try and get some screengrabs of evidence first.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Lhancat wrote:
I wish I wasn't so weak.

Nah, you aren't weak *hugs*. Real weakness is demonstrated through the kind of thing your crush is doing to you, for example. I would cut someone off from my life if they kept treating me like this. It isn't worth it to keep someone around if all they do is put you down.

-

Feeling existential boredom...

Seriously, this world is boring as fuck. We don't get fairies, elves, we don't get unicorns, ghosts, angels, demons, not even zombies lol. And we as a society tend to make an effort to keep things boring. Paperwork, business suits, bureaucracy, tedious routine, grey, lifeless things... all so goddamn boring.

I dunno how I would keep on living if it wasn't for things like music, poetry, fiction books, astrology, games, art etc. At least these things make me feel like I have a soul, and give the illusion that life is colourful. No matter how much people think this stuff is lame or unrealistic.

dangerousoffender wrote:
I dunno how I would keep on living if it wasn't for things like music, poetry, fiction books, astrology, games, art etc. At least these things make me feel like I have a soul, and give the illusion that life is colourful. No matter how much people think this stuff is lame or unrealistic.

It would be dreadful. Heck, in the most depressing of times, people tend to be their most creative - a lot of music and art was done during wartimes and similar. Or even just boredom. I recall starting my first idea of making a character and story when I was in the hospital for 18 days before my 11th birthday...

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

It would be dreadful. Heck, in the most depressing of times, people tend to be their most creative - a lot of music and art was done during wartimes and similar. Or even just boredom. I recall starting my first idea of making a character and story when I was in the hospital for 18 days before my 11th birthday...

C-A

Definitely. And I think art/creativity is the only spiritual thing in the world. Just find it sad how society and people in general tend to value more, and give more power to someone like a businessman than an artist, or someone who is really creative. How they value someone like Trump. lol

Talking about Trump again. I know his name is mentioned everywhere now, and the subject is getting kind of old. But I have to vent about how I dislike him.
I can't stand his Apprentice show. So obnoxious. It is all about power, and what you are willing to do to get it. Being "tough", selling your friends out, throwing your principles away. Stuff like that. Makes me almost physically ill. And what I find curious is that he is like 100% immune to shame. He just doesn't give a shit about what he says, and the public' general reaction to them. If I were him, I'd want to crawl into a hole.

Edit: Deleted because I was stupid.

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Wed May 24, 2017 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gettin' Old!

The Mechanic wrote:
I honestly think this election is a lost cause because of two candidates I were hoping to not become president were nominated. I actually hoped Bernie would beat Hillary so we could save this election but nope it didn't happen But now because of this I sorta don't care who wins anymore because they will both do something stupid when they're president.

Now I'm slightly hopeing that Hillary wins because lets be honest I don't want a racist/sexist named after a instrument (Get it Trump(et)?) to be in the white house because he might also piss of another country and end the world. Now Hillary may be crazy but atleast she's not as bad as Trump. Also Kim Jung Un and Vladimir Putin think Trump would be a good president and that scares me.

Note: In no way am I trying to start anything over this I'm just voiceing my opinion and feel free to have a friendly discussion about this but I will not take being hated on for simply having a different opinion than you. Good day!

So you got something against people named after instruments?

King Piccolos family would like to have words with you
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ace Procrastinator

The Mechanic wrote:
I honestly think this election is a lost cause because of two candidates I were hoping to not become president were nominated. I actually hoped Bernie would beat Hillary so we could save this election but nope it didn't happen But now because of this I sorta don't care who wins anymore because they will both do something stupid when they're president.

Now I'm slightly hopeing that Hillary wins because lets be honest I don't want a racist/sexist named after a instrument (Get it Trump(et)?) to be in the white house because he might also piss of another country and end the world. Now Hillary may be crazy but atleast she's not as bad as Trump. Also Kim Jung Un and Vladimir Putin think Trump would be a good president and that scares me.

Note: In no way am I trying to start anything over this I'm just voiceing my opinion and feel free to have a friendly discussion about this but I will not take being hated on for simply having a different opinion than you. Good day!

Screw Hillary. Screw Trump. Hillary and the democrats rigged it. Trump is a straight up buffoon. Frustrating that the third party candidates have little to no chance of winning even though they're better than these two clowns. I'd rather have Obama run for a third term, and I don't even like him that much.

And lol on not wanting a president named after an instrument. We can have a president named after a bush but not one named after a trumpet :godot:

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Wed May 24, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Mechanic wrote:
No I was just inserting a joke into a serious matter so I'm not as mad as I would be. Funny story their was actually a guy running for Governer in the state of Nebraska a few years ago and his name was Ben Sass. He didn't win but Pete Ricketts did. Anyway I always made a joke about Ben Sass by saying "I'm playing the sassophone" (A play on the word Saxophone!) Everytime someone said something political and no I wasn't voting for him I was voting for Pete Ricketts because he looks like Professer X and Lex Luther.

I gues they... couldn't handle his Sass. Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week. :kristoph:

Honestly, I want Hillary to win because Trump is just... he is so... words do not exist to describe how much of a waste of sperm and eggs he is. Like, he cannot bring up an idea on how to work on something, all he does is say that he's against something. Nice try, genius, so what will you do about it? He can't handle money, considering he's gone bankrupt multiple times; he is a sexist dick of an ass that needs his hands chopped off; he cannot do a single appearance, without bringing up Mr Clinton's sexcapades WHICH AREN'T EVEN PART OF THE DEBATE BECAUSE HE IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT, YOU FUCKTARD!

Well, that was a good attempt.

C-A

I've felt worse.

IT'S THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER AND THE MOSQUITOES STILL WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE! GO BACK TO HELL ALREADY! Or hibernation, that also works.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Wed May 24, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

The Mechanic wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
The Mechanic wrote:
No I was just inserting a joke into a serious matter so I'm not as mad as I would be. Funny story their was actually a guy running for Governer in the state of Nebraska a few years ago and his name was Ben Sass. He didn't win but Pete Ricketts did. Anyway I always made a joke about Ben Sass by saying "I'm playing the sassophone" (A play on the word Saxophone!) Everytime someone said something political and no I wasn't voting for him I was voting for Pete Ricketts because he looks like Professer X and Lex Luther.

I gues they... couldn't handle his Sass. Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week. :kristoph:

Honestly, I want Hillary to win because Trump is just... he is so... words do not exist to describe how much of a waste of sperm and eggs he is. Like, he cannot bring up an idea on how to work on something, all he does is say that he's against something. Nice try, genius, so what will you do about it? He can't handle money, considering he's gone bankrupt multiple times; he is a sexist dick of an ass that needs his hands chopped off; he cannot do a single appearance, without bringing up Mr Clinton's sexcapades WHICH AREN'T EVEN PART OF THE DEBATE BECAUSE HE IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT, YOU FUCKTARD!

C-A

Well if Trump wins let's just hope on his inauguration day he gets shot by someone and dies. I hope it's live to so I can say as he dies "See you in hell, Racist Sexist Pr*ck!" Someone needs to hire an assassin on him. Like seriously someone needs to go om the deep web and hire one right now. The only reason I think he hasn't been killed yet is because no one has the balls to kill him because CNN will report the crap out of it. (You know how CNN likes Trump.) All CNN talks about is Trump saying something sexist/racist or elitist.

That's...a little harsh man. :ron: Frankly I'd be pretty horrified seeing anyone get assassinated on life TV.
Also I recall an attempt at a rally a while ago, where someone tried to wrestle a gun from an officer's holster and take a shot at Trump so it already happened.

I'll settle for Trump just not-winning.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Wed May 24, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Wanting to wish death on anyone is a horrible thing. And I'll say outright that I'm not a fan of Hillary at all. Unpopular opinion, sure. Go ahead and bash me. At this point, I don't care, this whole stupid election is making me mad. I'm against her because she's outright stated how against Christianity she is and how she wants to do away with it and I'm terribly offended as a Christian. Her viewpoints, her standards, everything she stands for is against everything I believe and the fact that she pretty much wants to do away with it all really disturbs me.

And call me conservative at this point, I don't care, but what kind of Christian is going to vote for someone whose whole campaign downright goes against everything the Bible says?

As for Trump, no, I don't care for him either. I haven't liked him at all either. His morals and ideals are very contradictory and no, I don't approve of many of the things he's done. But at this point, I see him as the lesser of two evils. No, we don't have any one good to vote for. To me, it's like choosing whether I'd like to eat unedible food or poison. I'd rather not do either, but I have less of a chance of killing myself if I choose the former.

It also really doesn't help with where I live, I'm constantly shown only Hillary commercials where it's nothing but bashing Trump and I'm sick and tired of it. No commercial about what she's going to do or how she's going to improve this country, just constant mud-slinging on my television at least every fifteen minutes. I've yet to see any kind of Trump commercial, so no, I can't compare.

This election is just nothing but two immature whiners just slinging mud at each other over and over again at each other. I can't wait for this mess to be over, but at the same time, I feel our country is screwed either way. I know things are supposed to get worse, but geez this is terrible.

And if people on here look down on me or hate me because of who I'm voting for, go ahead and do so. I'm at the point, I don't care anymore.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Wanting to wish death on anyone is a horrible thing. And I'll say outright that I'm not a fan of Hillary at all. Unpopular opinion, sure. Go ahead and bash me. At this point, I don't care, this whole stupid election is making me mad. I'm against her because she's outright stated how against Christianity she is and how she wants to do away with it and I'm terribly offended as a Christian. Her viewpoints, her standards, everything she stands for is against everything I believe and the fact that she pretty much wants to do away with it all really disturbs me.

And call me conservative at this point, I don't care, but what kind of Christian is going to vote for someone whose whole campaign downright goes against everything the Bible says?

As for Trump, no, I don't care for him either. I haven't liked him at all either. His morals and ideals are very contradictory and no, I don't approve of many of the things he's done. But at this point, I see him as the lesser of two evils. No, we don't have any one good to vote for. To me, it's like choosing whether I'd like to eat unedible food or poison. I'd rather not do either, but I have less of a chance of killing myself if I choose the former.

It also really doesn't help with where I live, I'm constantly shown only Hillary commercials where it's nothing but bashing Trump and I'm sick and tired of it. No commercial about what she's going to do or how she's going to improve this country, just constant mud-slinging on my television at least every fifteen minutes. I've yet to see any kind of Trump commercial, so no, I can't compare.

This election is just nothing but two immature whiners just slinging mud at each other over and over again at each other. I can't wait for this mess to be over, but at the same time, I feel our country is screwed either way. I know things are supposed to get worse, but geez this is terrible.

And if people on here look down on me or hate me because of who I'm voting for, go ahead and do so. I'm at the point, I don't care anymore.

Yeah it's a real messed up situation. From most of what I hear it seems it's not as if folks want Hilary to win as much as they want Trump to lose.

When the republicans started pulling back from Trump I think I read that some of them were going to write in a different republican candidate. Said that it was possible to just put another name on the ballot and that it would get counted (but almost never won). Couldn't you do that as a protest vote if you don't agree with any of the candidates?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Wed May 24, 2017 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

The cape is self-fluttering

The Mechanic wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
The Mechanic wrote:

C-A

Well if Trump wins let's just hope on his inauguration day he gets shot by someone and dies. I hope it's live to so I can say as he dies "See you in hell, Racist Sexist Pr*ck!" Someone needs to hire an assassin on him. Like seriously someone needs to go om the deep web and hire one right now. The only reason I think he hasn't been killed yet is because no one has the balls to kill him because CNN will report the crap out of it. (You know how CNN likes Trump.) All CNN talks about is Trump saying something sexist/racist or elitist.

You should never wish death upon someone else.

If you're too wrapped up in the craziness of this election, perhaps it's time to take a few steps back and unwind.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

dullahan1 wrote:
I'm against her because she's outright stated how against Christianity she is and how she wants to do away with it and I'm terribly offended as a Christian.

Do you have any sources? I mean, it would be really dumb and contradictory for her to say that, because AFAIK, she has always self-identified as Christian. :ron:

That being said, I don't think anyone will look down on you because of that opinion. At this point, I just think that if they aren't extremists, bashing anyone over their political positions is just wrong.

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Wed May 24, 2017 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Mechanic wrote:
I'm deeply sorry for the post I made earlier about Trump. Anyway why is it that people always bash other people over their beliefs? Didn't we learn in school to respect other people's beliefs? It seems like everyone forgets this when you get older. My mom is an atheist and dad is a Christian but they still love each other by putting aside their religious differences.

Naah it's okay. I think you've apologized enough.
Honestly, I often ask that question myself. I don't self-identify as either theist or atheist at this point, but I am non-religious and seeing how bashing religious people on the Internet has become common makes me sick.

dangerousoffender wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
I'm against her because she's outright stated how against Christianity she is and how she wants to do away with it and I'm terribly offended as a Christian.

Do you have any sources? I mean, it would be really dumb and contradictory for her to say that, because AFAIK, she has always self-identified as Christian. :ron:

That being said, I don't think anyone will look down on you because of that opinion. At this point, I just think that if they aren't extremists, bashing anyone over their political positions is just wrong.

Here's just something I'm pulling out here.

Quote:
"Hilary Clinton just said that Christians must deny their Faith through the enforcement of laws, by stating that the Christian belief in being pro-life, and anti-abortion, must change," warned Shoebat.com, "and that this should be done through laws and 'political will.' If Christians must change Christian teachings in regards to abortion, then what Hilary Clinton is essentially saying is that Christians must deny their Faith."

Whether it was something she meant intentionally or not, this is something I don't agree with. And before I'm accused for taking this out of context, wanting to change what she says as "the Christian belief" through laws and political belief is something I am very strongly against. The separation of Church and State is something that should remain. She seems keen in wanting to change Christian values through law, which to me, is essentially trying to force me to conform to her beliefs or rewriting the Bible. I've seen other things from her said in the same vein and I can't agree with her at all.

I stand as a Christian because I'm in full belief of what the Bible says. The only law I choose to stay committed to is the Bible, though I'm not opposed to following the law of my country as it's there for a reason. However, if the law of the country I serve chooses to contradict the word of the Bible, that's where I have a major problem. I'm willing to change how I worship and live for God if I find out I'm doing it wrong according to the Bible, but in no way am I going to change how I live for God for the sake of a government. God comes first to me, His law, and His word. Not man's. And man should never be allowed to change God's law.

Heck, I have a huge problem with a lot of today's Christians who conform for the sake of not offending others or so they can be more loose and do what they want. Yes, I desire peace between everyone. No, I'm not going to discriminate against people who are different than me. But the Bible mentions a thing called Sin, which in short, is going against God and doing as you please. Sin separates us from God. Sin keeps us from getting into Heaven. I hate sin because it serves only to hurt and hinder others and those living in it are doomed to hell unless they come to God. I hate sin because it dooms people. I don't want others to go to hell, I don't feel anyone should have to suffer that fate. It's why I hate sin so much.

Now, if I don't approve of a lifestyle, that's a personal matter that I won't go in to. Now, I look at Hillary. She stands for homosexuality and the LBGT movement. The way the democratic party's stance is nowadays, it's everything against the Bible teaches. She stands up in front of others and lies and yes Trump does that too. She discriminates, she slanders, she name calls, and comes across as just hateful. And yes, again, Trump is the same way. Whether intentional or not, it's keen to me that it seems she will lead this country further into sin, and that scares me. I won't argue if she's religious, but from what I've seen and read, she is far from being Christ-like and living as Christ did. I could never see Jesus emulating the kind of behavior she has shown. But for the record, in my opinion, being religious does not make you a Christian. For example, just like how being a square doesn't make you a rectangle.

And again, I have nothing against people. I have a problem against sin. For me, things that the Bible is against such as homosexuality and lying, to me, equate to the same thing. I hate both because both is sin. I don't hate the person. I hate the sin. I hate it because it leads to torment and death. And again, I don't want anyone to have to suffer that. Again, if I'm called conservative or whatever, so be it. My desire would be to see everyone go to Heaven and have no one go to Hell. And I despise it when the actions of others attempt to do just that. Whether it be leading others to sin or wanting to pervert Christianity and the Word of God. And I'm sorry, but I feel that's what Hillary is wanting to do.

And for the record, I bashed on the Democrats. I feel their party is essentially pro-sin at this point. However, I have a huge problem with the Republicans too. If the Democrats are pro-sin, the Republicans are the ones who are perverting what Christianity is. It angers me and I hate it so much that I'm powerless to do or change anything about this, and as the years go on, each party just seems to get progressively worse. And, in my opinion, Trump is just as "Christian" as I see "Hillary" as. The only difference for me at this point is that I feel that Hillary is purposely trying to destroy my country whereas Trump is going to accidentally end up destroying it because he has no clue as to what in the world he's really doing. And I'm sorry, but the definition of a Christian is someone who is "Christ-like" and strives to be like Jesus. I see neither of these two doing that and I get really triggered nowadays when I hear the term Christian thrown around so loosely.

I apologize for breaking out into such a rant. I guess with these non-sense elections, I finally hit my breaking point. I don't hate either of the candidates, but I strongly dislike them and I hate to think what the future of our country is going to be under either of their leaderships. And I apologize if my viewpoint is something that you don't agree with. It is my opinion after all.

@themechanic: You're fine dude, I can understand that this has all made you angry. Heck, I'm sure this election has done a number to all of us. I'm sure we all need to take a step back and cool off. It's just hard when the media is constantly stuffing this stuff down our throats. XD And I agree that we should be respectable of other's beliefs. That's how I'd want others to treat me too. Though I'm a Christian, I will never shove my beliefs down other people's throats. That's not something I'd want someone to do to me. Now if they ask about it, I'll tell them, but I will never force anyone. Heck, I got friends who are gay, transgender, muslim, catholic, atheist, etc, and we get along great. They all know what I stand for, and I know what they stand for. And we get along great because we respect each other. Yeah, we may have aspects of each other that we don't agree with, but we never hate each other for it. We get along peacefully and my gosh, I wish America was the same way. XD

And I apologize if I came across as bashing, that's not my intent at all and perhaps I could have worded myself better. The Bible mentions that when you see a brother or sister in sin, you should tell them so that they may be saved from it. To me, it's like if I see someone drowning. I'm not going to ignore, I'm going to help. And I'm not going to watch as someone drowns in sin and not do anything about it. And as for Hillary, I'm saying what I said because Biblically, she's giving off the wrong idea of what encompasses being a Christian, which is, to be Christ-like. And if her version of Christianity leads people further away from God, then yes, it is a big issue for me.

Not choosing to live for God, while I don't agree with, is something I will respect because it's a choice. Yeah, I'll pray for that person, but I'm not going to force anything on them. They choose how they want to live and I choose how I want to live and if I want respect for my choice, I better give them respect first. But when someone is purposely leading others astray, then yes, I will speak up.

@pierre: While I've considered a protest vote, at this point, it feels like a waste. Ultimately, the election is going to be between two candidates, and ultimately, an absent vote or protest vote pretty much means a vote for the other candidate. While I don't agree with neither Trump nor Hillary, I see Hillary as the worst of the two and putting in a protest vote is essentially giving her a vote. I'll just have to reluctantly bite the bullet and vote for Trump. But I honestly hate our voting system. It's to the point, what's the need for having other parties to vote for when in the end, it's always going to be a slog between the Republicans and the Democrats. It's a very flawed system in my eyes that I doubt will change any time soon.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

@duhallan1

Quote:
"Hilary Clinton just said that Christians must deny their Faith through the enforcement of laws, by stating that the Christian belief in being pro-life, and anti-abortion, must change," warned Shoebat.com, "and that this should be done through laws and 'political will.' If Christians must change Christian teachings in regards to abortion, then what Hilary Clinton is essentially saying is that Christians must deny their Faith."

Shoebat.com is hardly what I would call a credible source. Seems to be an openly right-wing based site with a specific agenda, and their articles are not exactly impartial or objective. I think the quote you posted can be seen as the interpretation of the guy who wrote it about what she said, but note that it doesn't state clearly what she said (the exact things that came out of her mouth).

About the rest of your post: indeed, we have very different views on spirituality and politics - which are things that probably shouldn't be discussed in depth here - but you are entitled to your opinion and I respect it (:

I've felt worse.

dangerousoffender wrote:
@duhallan1

Quote:
"Hilary Sandwich just said that Christians must deny their Faith through the enforcement of laws, by stating that the Christian belief in being pro-life, and anti-abortion, must change," warned Shoebat.com, "and that this should be done through laws and 'political will.' If Christians must change Christian teachings in regards to abortion, then what Hilary Sandwich is essentially saying is that Christians must deny their Faith."

Shoebat.com is hardly what I would call a credible source. Seems to be an openly right-wing based site with a specific agenda, and their articles are not exactly impartial or objective. I think the quote you posted can be seen as the interpretation of the guy who wrote it about what she said, but note that it doesn't state clearly what she said (the exact things that came out of her mouth).

About the rest of your post: indeed, we have very different views on spirituality and politics - which are things that probably shouldn't be discussed in depth here - but you are entitled to your opinion and I respect it (:

Relevant Snopes article.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

@dangerousoffender: To be fair, I'm don't site Huffington as credible either. I honestly just Google searched and pulled the first thing I found. I probably should have actually taken my time, but I had a lot to say. And to be fair, I don't even remember what site I used.

And thanks. I don't mind going into arguments on spiritual matters, but I do hate when they become heated and I end up offending the other party. As for Politics, I don't have a side, I just go by what I see on TV, such as the debates. I'll admit I'm ignorant over most things that involve what site is left/right-wing. Thanks for respecting my opinion, I respect yours too. And I apologize if I said anything offensive. I honestly didn't mean to drag anything out, I hate doing so. Guess I just got triggered today. xD Can't wait for these elections to be over so people will stop arguing over this mess.

And c'mon. DUHallan? XDDDDDD
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

@sumguy28 Thanks, that clears things up. Just another example of how people in general tend to interpret things according to the political lenses they use to see the world, and one more reason to be picky with sources in general.

@dullahan1 Tbh, I don't see any source as 100% credible or reliable. To me, every media outlet has an agenda, no exceptions. The difference is that some are more open and straighforward about it, whereas others make some effort to present neutral information.

And oops. "Duhallan" :shoe: Sorry, didn't even notice I wrote your username wrong. Just part of the problem of mixing up letters in words sometimes. And even though I know your username is dullahan, there is still a voice in my head screaming "duhallan". lol

Last edited by Thelema on Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, I could vent about my problems with news media too honestly. And don't worry about it. I found the misspelling to be hilarious more than anything else. XD
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

On the note of news media, what I can't stand is how media in general tends to take things out of context, and make things sound way worse than they are. Context is incredibly important to the meaning of a statement. For example, in Frasier, the eponymous character's dad has been given ticket of sorts for violating the apartment building's rules. Frasier's dad previously received one of these tickets for taking his dog with him on the main elevator, when pets are only allowed on the service elevator, so Frasier assumed it was a repeat violation and therefore went to the board to plead his father's case. What Frasier didn't know at the time was that the latest ticket was for skinny dipping in the hot tub, so to him, saying "So, he had his little friend out where he shouldn't be. So what?" sounds completely innocuous because he's talking about his Father's dog, but to the people who know what the ticket was actually for, this statement sounds like something else entirely.

So, you see, taking things out of context can lead to some really nasty problems.

I don't like how all CNN talks about is the election and terrorism. Can't CNN talk about anything else?

The Mechanic wrote:
I don't like how all CNN talks about is the election and terrorism. Can't CNN talk about anything else?

Same. News is all about Aleppo and refugees and maybe something that Trump said thrown in at the end, if he did something so badly noteworthy. Part of me doesn't even listen really anymore. Better than telling me people in Africa are hungry: I KNOW already. Telling me for the fifty-billionth time won't change anything.

C-A

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Wed May 24, 2017 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Mechanic wrote:
Yeah I agree. All CNN basically says is "Trump said something rude" or "ISIS did a terror attack." and this one pisses me off the most "School Shooting in (Random State)" For the school shooting news they always say video games caused it but most of the time in reality they don't! Also the shooter's mugshot always makes them look so high. So I think drugs and some stuff on the Internet cause school shootings mostly.

I dunno why they say ISIS, anyway. IS stands for Islamic State. So, basically, you are saying Islamic State Islamic State. Redundancy redundant.

As for school shootings, any kid that does one is NEVER influenced to do it by just videogames. There is something wrong with THE BRAIN BEFORE they do it; videogames are not a trigger. If anything, a catalyst. But the catalyst could've been anything else - relative dying; divorce; relationship issues; bad week; etc.

C-A

This conversation actually made me remember of this Marilyn Manson interview. 'Cause after the Columbine shootings, the media blamed him and his CDs for their "bad influence" on kids. Then he talked about how media sells people the idea that when you die, you are someone. You get this different kind of attention, and you can become an idol. Like Princess Diana, JF Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe etc. All these people have this cult status now, mainly because of their deaths. Then when he talked about the shooters, he said something like, "I'm sure the media and society in general are giving them exactly what they wanted. They are on over the papers now". Like how media gives killers as much attention as they give to movie stars.

The Mechanic wrote:
So these kids killed people just to be famous. Are these people really that desperate for attention? Like they felt like they were being ignored well there was probably a good reason for it because they were crazy. I havn't seen this ever happen but out of all the school shootings has the shooter ever been female?

Um... far as I know, out of the shootings I've heard about, the culprits were always male. Now, this could go with the way society is raising people - women are raised from childhood on to deal with disappointment, with pain eventually down the line (by having a child) and rejection. Men tend to not be prepared for that, so they are more likely to snap when they are rejected and deal with it in violent ways... Of course, this doesn't go for all men; it's just that it really does say a deal about society...

And far as I read, yes, Columbine happened cause they wanted attention. I don't see the point in it - I mean, you are dead, you won't get anything out of the attention now; so what's the point?

C-A

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Wed May 24, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Against the law to punch a girl? More against the law to punch anyone right?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 27 of 40 [ 1583 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 40  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices