Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 2[ 44 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

If a Main Character Dies .... Who ..... Why?Topic%20Title

Everyone = Guilty

Okay Now this is a "CONTRAVERTAL" Topic but Imagine This
Spoiler:
The Series is in Your Hands BUT you have to Kill a Major Character Who BTW Your Only Choices Are :phoenix: :edgeworth: :athena: :simon: :klavier: :trucy: :maya: :pearl: :apollo: And Nahutya Who is It me I can't Decide I got an Idea " Enny Mennie Miney Moe Catch a Tiger By its Toe If He Hollars Let 'em Go my Mother Told me To Pick The Very Best One And You Are (Walks to in front of :simon:) It

Why

Phoenix,Edgeworth,Apollo,and Athena are main characters

Klaiver and Nahyuta Because of too little devlopment

Maya,Peral,and Trucy I do not see dying

All Leaves to Blackquill

Please do mind when i first wrote this i just saw the season premiere of The Walking Dead

Last edited by Apollojustice12345 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: If a Main Character Dies .... Who ..... Why?Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

Pearl,but only because of the choices you gave. If it were me,I'd choose Lamiroir or Kristoph.

Phoenix and/or Edgeworth. They're the ones who've been around long enough that it'd be a hell of a player punch (and I don't have the heart to off Maya). It would go full circle on Turnabout Sister for Phoenix.

And it's not like there's a shortage of people who would want them dead, either. A lot of the people they put behind bars were pretty influential, rich and did not take their defeats well; Redd White, Matt Engarde, Kristoph Gavin, Quercus Alba and Blaise Debeste come to mind. Kristoph made it clear that even in prison, he had a lot of influence and was able to land himself in a nice, luxury prison cell. Whose to say he couldn't use that influence for something else? What happened to White's blackmail info isn't made clear, and while Engarde wouldn't dare to put a toe outside the prison out of fear of meeting with de Killer, he probably still has the massive resources that allowed him to call the elusive assassin out in the first place. Hell, death wasn't enough to stop Dahlia Hawthorne. Manfred von Karma murdered Gregory Edgeworth over a penalty. Phoenix literally broke his record by winning against him twice in a row while also derailing his 15-year long plan for revenge over the Edgeworths. And there's still the subject of Morgan Fey, whose plans to install Pearl as master of Kurain both failed. While the main people involved who put a stop to it are dead (Mia and Misty), Phoenix was the one who derailed the first one and helped with the second along with Edgeworth.

On the subject of outside of prison people, Gaspen Payne comes to mind. The guy holds a ridiculous grudge against Phoenix for beating him and his brother numerous times, and he does in fact try to get him killed in Khura'in through the DC act. And Edgeworth made it pretty much impossible for him to be a prosecutor in the States. Other people could just be new characters who benefited from the Dark Age of the Law that they're trying to end, or maybe even whatever organization employed the phantom.

Gettin' Old!

Athena, because she's a waste of space and a time paradox.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Time paradox?

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
Time paradox?

No one can gain all her qualifications in that amount of time.

It was pushing it with Franziska but she didn't stick a whole other degree in a different field on top of her law degree.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Klavier became a rockstar and a prosecutor at 17. So it's possible. Also,the excuse they use here is 'Europe is very advanced in their education system'.

Thou I myself believe they only have vending machines with attorney badges in them :P

I don't think it's ever stated Athena has an actual degree in psychology. I think I recall Phoenix saying something along the lines of "good thing you aren't an actual psychologist" after she kicks him when he's down.

luck wrote:
I don't think it's ever stated Athena has an actual degree in psychology. I think I recall Phoenix saying something along the lines of "good thing you aren't an actual psychologist" after she kicks him when he's down.

In Dual Destinies she actually states she has studied psychology. Don't ask me in which case though, I don't remember... we should check the game script to be 100% sure.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
Klavier became a rockstar and a prosecutor at 17. So it's possible. Also,the excuse they use here is 'Europe is very advanced in their education system'.

Thou I myself believe they only have vending machines with attorney badges in them :P

I'd say the difference is in study time. There's no strict regimented path to becoming a rock star. You can go huge in one year if you have the talent. Especially with shows like the X Factor these days.

Studying psychology however? 4 year course, 3 if you don't want the honours degree where I come from. If you want a masters degree its another year after that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Scratch spriter

Pierre wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

I'd say the difference is in study time. There's no strict regimented path to becoming a rock star. You can go huge in one year if you have the talent. Especially with shows like the X Factor these days.

Studying psychology however? 4 year course, 3 if you don't want the honours degree where I come from. If you want a masters degree its another year after that.

I mean, she could have studied both careers at the same time, that's pretty common here in Mexico.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Thalassa dying would make for a perfect Case 5. Here's a plausible scenario: During their investigation, Apollo notices her bracelet. When he talks to Phoenix about it, Phoenix says it's a coincidence, and guess what? Apollo's bracelet reacts.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Slammer wrote:
luck wrote:

In Dual Destinies she actually states she has studied psychology. Don't ask me in which case though, I don't remember... we should check the game script to be 100% sure.

I know she has studied psychology, but that doesn't mean she has a degree. Imagine this scenario: Athena was interested in psychology since little and wanted to follow her mother footsteps. Then she meets Phoenix and switches to Law, but keeps studying psychology on the side because she thinks it'll be useful. She does this on her own instead of attending an university, which allows her to focus only in what she's interested in (analytical psychology) and its applications on the field of law, which is probably easier than getting a degree, a license and whatnot.

luck wrote:
Slammer wrote:
luck wrote:

I know she has studied psychology, but that doesn't mean she has a degree. Imagine this scenario: Athena was interested in psychology since little and wanted to follow her mother footsteps. Then she meets Phoenix and switches to Law, but keeps studying psychology on the side because she thinks it'll be useful. She does this on her own instead of attending an university, which allows her to focus only in what she's interested in (analytical psychology) and its applications on the field of law, which is probably easier than getting a degree, a license and whatnot.

Ah, didn't think of that possibility. That makes sense!

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Pierre wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
Time paradox?

No one can gain all her qualifications in that amount of time.

You know, they could have introduced her as a character in her mid-20s or something.
But no, apparently there is a celestial law dictating that every female character on Ace Attorney that gets too much attention HAS to be a teenager. That obsession with teenage girls is so fucking annoying.

Happy Maria

Kay is especially pointless,especially since Edgeworth already has Gumshoe and Franziska as possible assistants. The characters treat her all as perfect,and Franziska doesn't even hurt her.

She's better in AAI2, but besides case four,she doesn't play much of a role in it.

Kay lol. So annoying. Maya, Trucy, Ema, Kay, Athena... it is always some energetic bubbly teenage girl. Franziska is an exception in the sense that her personality is different, but still, what the hell? The necessity to put a teenage girl in a game is so big that even when it would be much more sensible for her to be older, they choose to make her a 18-year-old who has qualifications in both Psychology and Law?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

We had this same discussion on Athena when DD came out. I still haven't found any quote where someone says that Athena isn't a licensed psychologist.

Most likely to die? Thalassa if she ever appears again. Perhaps if the developers don't want to kill her off, they can kill Valant.

I've felt worse.

MBr wrote:
We had this same discussion on Athena when DD came out. I still haven't found any quote where someone says that Athena isn't a licensed psychologist.

It was in one of Phoenix's inner monlogues in 5-1, though I can't recall the exact location at the moment.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Enoshima Junko-chan!

:lang: If you press Tonate's statement "BUT I DID NOT DETONATE THE BOMB." This comes up:
Spoiler:
Payne: Mr. Wright, if you have suspicions about the witness, let's see your proof. Evidence is everything in a court of law. Even school children know that. How many years have you been a defense attorney now?!

Phoenix: Cut me some slack, will you...?

Athena: D-Don't feel bad, Boss! You just got your attorney's badge back, after all. In that sense, you're still more of a beginner than I am!

Phoenix: (.........I suppose I should be thankful you're not a licensed psychologist.)

Let's get back on topic.

For common sake's sense, it doesn't even matter if she is licensed or not. A 18-year-old should not have expertise in psychology on top of being a lawyer. But we are talking about the same series that makes you use a parrot as a witness, so...

Answering the thread's question: Capcom wouldn't kill any of these characters. The only one I feel Capcom COULD consider killing is Blackquill, because he is dark and tragic in essence, and not as popular as the others. I could see him deciding to be a sacrifice or something.

Everyone = Guilty

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Thalassa dying would make for a perfect Case 5. Here's a plausible scenario: During their investigation, Apollo notices her bracelet. When he talks to Phoenix about it, Phoenix says it's a coincidence, and guess what? Apollo's bracelet reacts.

Why did I not think about that

Danksgiving

Pierre wrote:
Athena, because she's a waste of space and a time paradox.

/thread

Klavier, reason being

¯\(ツ)/¯

Yabba Dabba Doo

I vote for the "Fuck it, lets just kill everyone but apollo because apollo hasn't lost enough family and friends to death in his life" option.

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Thunder84 wrote:
I vote for the "Fuck it, lets just kill everyone but apollo because apollo hasn't lost enough family and friends to death in his life" option.

So you should make him like Harry Potter who has but a tiny handful of good friends who haven't died...?
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

Idol of Polar Bears

The Judge

Seriously, how has that walking Father Time avatar not kicked the bucket yet?

Thunder84 wrote:

When in doubt, kill 'em all.

Happy Maria

Judge is immortal. He's been living since the stone age.

Kill Edgeworth! He's in the games for no reason anymore!

*Runs away*

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Maybe he doesn't die. He could somehow reflect on his father's death when he turns 36, which would make a really good Star Trek Beyond reference.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

The video game boy; the one who wins

Mabe he doesn't die, maybe he just leaves his mortal, physical body and his spirit joins his father the holy Gregory in heaven. He's already outlived Jesus, anyway.

... eh, I mean, reflect it in what sense? I can only think of like a symbolic death which he had in JfA.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Edgeworth died and came back to life. He is the far superior phoenix that Nick always wished he could be. There is a complex relationship between the two, but for simplicity's sake, this is it.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Everyone = Guilty

Thunder84 wrote:

We Finally Have Our Answer

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I'm going to go with Phoenix on this one. He's been getting less and less interesting ever since DD. Killing him off would give proper justification for focusing on Apollo, or some attorney other than Athena, who I find likeable, but not as a main character. Plus, the mood matrix is okay as a gameplay mechanic, but the "therapy sessions" just seem out of place in the courtroom.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Alternately, Maya could die in the second case, and you end up having to defend her in court anyway, because it's some kind of unwritten rule that Maya must be accused of murder in every game she appears.

The imagination justifies the pimp

TheDoctor wrote:
Alternately, Maya could die in the second case, and you end up having to defend her in court anyway, because it's some kind of unwritten rule that Maya must be accused of murder in every game she appears.

New spinoff: Astral Attorney

You're a dead lawyer defending spirits in the underworld court, one of them being Maya who is accused of suicide for some reason.

Happy Maria

I guess Phoenix could be Mia's...spiritual successor. LITERALLLY

But no,that sounds like an amazing idea. Someone please get on that.

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

TheDoctor wrote:
[...]because it's some kind of unwritten rule that Maya must be accused of murder in every game she appears.

...Or maybe she's just extremely unlucky.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

Danksgiving

Bolting Shaman wrote:
New spinoff: Astral Attorney

You're a dead lawyer defending spirits in the underworld court, one of them being Maya who is accused of suicide for some reason.

never played it but i feel like a ghost trick reference should be thrown in here
Page 1 of 2 [ 44 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps