Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 60 of 61[ 2410 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Re: [PAL as well!] Virtue's Last Reward: 999 Sequel (3DS/VitTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Also, it be because I played it at 3 a.m., but there's still one thing I don't get.
Spoiler: Major Spoilers
According to Akane, the whole point of the AB Game was to strengthen Sigma and Phi's memory during jumps so that they could jump to the past and stop Radical-6 from spreading. But this contradicts what we know about different timelines, which is that they are simply alternative versions of what happened if a different action was chosen. Like if I chose to eat an apple in my timeline, I ate a banana in another. But this means that there is already a timeline that exists where Radical-6 doesn't break out, which means there's no point in sending Sigma and Phi back to do that if it already exists. Is Akane's plan just to send the two to that reality so they can live there instead of the current one? Or am I misinterpreting something? If this is answered in Zero Time Dilemma, then don't spoil it. If it's explained in 999, don't tell me. Anything else, feel free to help me out.

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Ace Procrastinator

Hmm I'll need to check this game out

Blah!

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Also, it be because I played it at 3 a.m., but there's still one thing I don't get.
Spoiler: Major Spoilers
According to Akane, the whole point of the AB Game was to strengthen Sigma and Phi's memory during jumps so that they could jump to the past and stop Radical-6 from spreading. But this contradicts what we know about different timelines, which is that they are simply alternative versions of what happened if a different action was chosen. Like if I chose to eat an apple in my timeline, I ate a banana in another. But this means that there is already a timeline that exists where Radical-6 doesn't break out, which means there's no point in sending Sigma and Phi back to do that if it already exists. Is Akane's plan just to send the two to that reality so they can live there instead of the current one? Or am I misinterpreting something? If this is answered in Zero Time Dilemma, then don't spoil it. If it's explained in 999, don't tell me. Anything else, feel free to help me out.

Spoiler:
The problem is that, from their perspective, the timeline where Radical-6 didn't break out cannot exist unless they send Phi and Sigma to the past. Without foreknowledge about the future, it can't be prevented.

Now, sure, there could also be a set of timelines where Radical-6 never broke out for other reasons (e.g. if it was an accidental discovery by a scientist at a company, there could be a timeline where the scientist wasn't hired at the company), but I guess that set of timelines is so far removed from the ones in the game that Akane cannot see them.

There's also the concept that other timelines like that don't really matter because you don't belong to them at all (this may be a concept brought up in ZTD and not VLR, but it isn't a spoiler). What really matters is where you are now, and if it's possible to make something better of it. And the way they can make a potentially better situation out of a dead end timeline is to generate an alternate timeline of their own where there was no Radical-6 plague. Their current situation is pretty close to hopeless otherwise, and the epilogue shows that well.

Oh yeah, I think it's possible to miss the epilogue if you don't look at the timeline tree again after you're done with the true ending (it might be unlocked by getting all gold files, I forgot). Make sure you saw that.

You mean the
Spoiler:
Infirmary: (something) Time one, where the end picture is an old Akane?

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Blah!

Yeah, I meant that. Just wanted to be sure since it isn't obvious.

This might be something else I forgot but
Spoiler:
is there any reason, and keep in mind I only finished VLR and started 999, that Akane needs Sigma and Phi to stop Radical-6 at the Mars facility? After all, like you said, they could just go back in time and stop it from being accidentally created, since the virus had to come from someone and a scientist would be that someone. Or are they only going back to the Mars facility because Akane forsaw that they would go there anyways (as per the diagram), so there was no reason to switch jump destinations? Or is it a whole nother reason I forgot or don't know about yet? Remember, 999 and ZTD spoilers are a no-no for me right now so just say "you'll find out" if it's in one of those two games (but most likely the latter).

Gettin' Old!

You'll find out,

The outbreak of Radical-6 is...complex.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Apollo4Justice wrote:
This might be something else I forgot but
Spoiler:
is there any reason, and keep in mind I only finished VLR and started 999, that Akane needs Sigma and Phi to stop Radical-6 at the Mars facility? After all, like you said, they could just go back in time and stop it from being accidentally created, since the virus had to come from someone and a scientist would be that someone. Or are they only going back to the Mars facility because Akane forsaw that they would go there anyways (as per the diagram), so there was no reason to switch jump destinations? Or is it a whole nother reason I forgot or don't know about yet? Remember, 999 and ZTD spoilers are a no-no for me right now so just say "you'll find out" if it's in one of those two games (but most likely the latter).

Spoiler: Based on what you know from VLR...
Per the diagram found in the B Garden, Sigma's mind from 2074 can only jump back to December 25th (and April 2029 once he completes the AB Game as his younger self). He can't jump back to any date he wants because he's following a path so they have to stop the virus at its point of release, not point of creation

Another thing that was probably revealed that I just forgot about.
Spoiler: Dio
Why was Dio acting so strange in those games where he and Quark vote Ally? Did Quark threaten him? Did Quark have the scalpel on him and threaten to stab Dio? Or is it revealed in ZTD? Or was it already revealed? Same spoiler rules still apply for me.

Blah!

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Another thing that was probably revealed that I just forgot about.
Spoiler: Dio
Why was Dio acting so strange in those games where he and Quark vote Ally? Did Quark threaten him? Did Quark have the scalpel on him and threaten to stab Dio? Or is it revealed in ZTD? Or was it already revealed? Same spoiler rules still apply for me.

Spoiler:
I don't think that was ever answered, although the Q&A says the following:

VLR Q&A wrote:
Q28: Luna is the only person Dio willingly allies with. I’ve always wondered how he would have voted against her had she not died in the second round, when she only had 1 BP?
Sorry… I rechecked my documents and Dio decided to ally with (Quark pair) on the first round and (Tenmyouji pair) in Sigma’s route on the 2nd round.

(There is also another round where Phi didn’t let him in the AB room.)

The only time he has Luna as an opponent is during the bomb route’s Round 1. Is that what you’re talking about?

Regardless, I think his decisions would change depending on the current situation.

By the way, there are official Q&As for 999 and VLR.

For VLR, visit this page and go to the interviews section: http://virtueslastreward.com/media/
For 999 (when you're done, ofc), visit this page and go to the answers section: http://aksysgames.com/999/

@Apollo4Justice

It's not revealed in ZTD so you can only speculate on what's in the game

Spoiler:
Uchikoshi has confirmed that Dio thinks Luna "is beautiful", so he might have a soft heart even for her. He did get in trouble with Free the Soul for problems related to a woman after all...

Another theory that's way more crazy is that even though time is in a sense a loop, there still is an "original timeline." To clarify, the old woman was always alive whenever Sigma chose to go through the cyan door. That's how the Schrödinger Cat scenario worked. However, there is in a sense a timeline that exists where Sigma has chosen the cyan door, the old woman is dead in the elevator, AND the old woman is in K's armor

The old woman could've ordered Lagomorph "If Sigma chooses the cyan door, don't move the elevator farthest on the right." This would mean her corpse is in the elevator on the far right, not the one Sigma and Phi entered for the first AB Game round. So Dio and Quark would go in that elevator, Dio would accidentally reveal something that implicated himself, and Quark would use that to blackmail him into voting ally. Clover also goes in the elevator with the corpse later but she wouldn't say anything because this is the timeline where Alice ran off with the scalpel so Alice would seem very suspicious

Sorry if I did a poor job of explaining it, but I can't find the original post that did. It's not really a theory I buy into anyway and would sooner believe that Dio had a soft spot for Luna or Quark just happened to be quicker than him to press ally

I was more talking about
Spoiler:
the times Dio acted weird other than the Luna scenarios. I believe it was either Alice, Clover, or Tenmyoji that he acted the same way. But I guess the blackmail or Quark's quickness theories can explain that, since Dio has no reason to Ally with the first two (besides Tenmyoji but I think he framed the betrayal on Quark).

Also, I can't use the Q&A for answers, since I just saw a few spoilers on 999 so, I'll have to keep asking you all for now.

Blah!

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Also, I can't use the Q&A for answers, since I just saw a few spoilers on 999 so, I'll have to keep asking you all for now.

Whoops, sorry about that. Of course the Q&A would refer to the previous game.

Just one last question and this will most likely be my final post in this thread for a while. Is absolutely everything, every seeming plot hole, every loose thread from 999 and VLR, be solved in ZTD? Or will there still be loose ends just for us to never know the answer to? A simple yes or no will do.

Spoiler: VLR
I'm not exactly what you're referring to as "weird behavior" from Dio in those scenes? The ones where he betrayed his opponent and made up a lie that Quark did it? He's just acting weird because he's a bad liar. The scene where it shows the Dio imitating Quark wanting to betray Tenmyouji--it just shows that he has no imagination

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Just one last question and this will most likely be my final post in this thread for a while. Is absolutely everything, every seeming plot hole, every loose thread from 999 and VLR, be solved in ZTD? Or will there still be loose ends just for us to never know the answer to? A simple yes or no will do.

There are loose ends

Edit: Actually, I'll tell you one more thing because Uchikoshi says he wishes he told the players before ZTD. The "Another Time/Secret" ending of VLR is non-canon (read up on this after you finish ZTD). So don't go into ZTD thinking that will be addressed

If you didn't get the secret ending, nevermind

By
Spoiler:
"weird behavior", I mean Dio going like "Y-yeah, of course" when Quark says he wanted to vote Ally. It's either for Alice or Clover, but I do recall him doing it. And the scene where Quark "pretends" that Dio wanted to vote Betray is a whole separate thing from what I recall. It's in one of the first rounds, too.

And for your edit, you mean
Spoiler:
the one where you play through the eyes of Kyle Kline with Troy Baker's voice and you start out in the Infirmary?

Apollo4Justice wrote:
By
Spoiler:
"weird behavior", I mean Dio going like "Y-yeah, of course" when Quark says he wanted to vote Ally. It's either for Alice or Clover, but I do recall him doing it. And the scene where Quark "pretends" that Dio wanted to vote Betray is a whole separate thing from what I recall. It's in one of the first rounds, too.

And for your edit, you mean
Spoiler:
the one where you play through the eyes of Kyle Kline with Troy Baker's voice and you start out in the Infirmary?

Spoiler:
He was like "y-yeah of course" if Quark says he wanted to vote ally against Luna. That's not a separate thing from where Quark "pretends" Dio wanted to vote betray. You get 10% of the conversation if you betray Alice (the "y-yeah of course") and the other 90% of it if you ally her (Quark "pretending"). So it's two different timelines but the same scenario (AB Game against Luna)

And yes, that's the ending I was referring to

So,
Spoiler:
we're left to assume that Quark was just teasing Dio about how he felt about Luna and Dio just nervous telling Luna directly that he voted Ally? Or do you have something else in mind?

Apollo4Justice wrote:
So,
Spoiler:
we're left to assume that Quark was just teasing Dio about how he felt about Luna and Dio just nervous telling Luna directly that he voted Ally? Or do you have something else in mind?

It's not something super important to the story so I don't really have a set answer in mind

Spoiler:
I'd say it's most likely that Dio wanted to vote betray but Quark hit ally first. But he "covered" for Dio to prevent fracturing the group

I like the idea that he had a crush on Luna though, as it gives a bit of depth to a character who's pretty one-dimensional all things considered

This is probably the wrong thread but it's such a quick question and it does relate to VLR. Does 999 have story locks or is something introduced in VLR?

Apollo4Justice wrote:
This is probably the wrong thread but it's such a quick question and it does relate to VLR. Does 999 have story locks or is something introduced in VLR?

It does but just one

There was another thing I just remembered that may or may not be answered and I just missed it.
Spoiler:
Why was Tenmyoji in a slump when he left the AB Room in the first round and why was he not doing anything when Quark goes crazy? Was he too busy looking at Akane's body in the Infirmary at the time of the latter? Was his mind too full of what happened with the body that he just couldn't walk during the former? The spoiler rule of 999 and ZLD still applies to me.

Spoiler:
He was distraught over Akane, you'll learn more of their relationship in 999

There was something I just realized when I started replaying VLR that I don't believe was in the Q&A.
Spoiler: Lots of text
Akane's death/being alive is a Shrodinger's Cat situation, where we don't know whether or not she's dead until we open the AB Gate. She's either killed by Dio when he infiltrates the game or she's alive and places Dio in her own room. However, this seems to contradict what Sigma said in Luna's ending, when he places the blame on Akane's murder onto Dio based on what he said in another timeline. When Luna asks if that's breaking the rules, Sigma says no, using the fact that they stem from the same central point in time, only branching off in terms of whether or not Dio confessed. But there's nothing to signify, in the beginning of VLR, that there's a different stem we're taking in terms of Akane's death. In fact, the Flow Chart doesn't show any branches until the Chromatic Door choice. Is this supposed to be an example of "Your choices in the future affect the past", where whatever door you choose and who you are teamed up with determines whether or not Akane is dead? Or is this just a contradiction in logic that the writer didn't notice?

Blah!

Apollo4Justice wrote:
There was something I just realized when I started replaying VLR that I don't believe was in the Q&A.
Spoiler: Lots of text
Akane's death/being alive is a Shrodinger's Cat situation, where we don't know whether or not she's dead until we open the AB Gate. She's either killed by Dio when he infiltrates the game or she's alive and places Dio in her own room. However, this seems to contradict what Sigma said in Luna's ending, when he places the blame on Akane's murder onto Dio based on what he said in another timeline. When Luna asks if that's breaking the rules, Sigma says no, using the fact that they stem from the same central point in time, only branching off in terms of whether or not Dio confessed. But there's nothing to signify, in the beginning of VLR, that there's a different stem we're taking in terms of Akane's death. In fact, the Flow Chart doesn't show any branches until the Chromatic Door choice. Is this supposed to be an example of "Your choices in the future affect the past", where whatever door you choose and who you are teamed up with determines whether or not Akane is dead? Or is this just a contradiction in logic that the writer didn't notice?

Spoiler:
I think Q25 in the VLR Q&A and the entirety of 999's situation with Akane can be applied to this situation. Whether or not Akane was dead didn't matter until a certain point, and if you take one route in the future, you manage to cement her fate in the past for that timeline.

So yeah, the "your choices in the future affect the past" idea applies here (because you can jump back to the past).

So, in a sense,
Spoiler: Major hints to major spoilers
each timeline is essentially a variable system, changing something once that variable's requirements are met, the variables in this case being Akane's death and K's identity, since they're very closely related?

Or am I just thinking it too mathematically? :sahwit:

Blah!

Spoiler:
Sounds about right to me.

Also, since Akane can see possible future timelines, she can see how K acts in the timeline where she is dead. So she can replicate his behavior so there is no observable paradox during the period of time were she can be both alive and dead.

Something else I just noticed on my re-playthrough that I don't recall being in the Q&A.
Spoiler:
There's a facial recognition device in the Director's Office that requires a female face to use. Tenmyouji, Quark, and Sigma get past this by using the picture of Akane. But K and Dio go into this room in Luna's ending path and none of them, to my recollection, have something to get past this. Did the device think Dio was a girl because of his hair or is there another reason?

Blah!

I suppose you could handwave that as the quantum computer knew who was in the puzzle rooms and adjusted the parameters of the puzzles as needed to accommodate.

Or Dio has a girlfriend.

And just something I don't get in general, which is why people think it's weird that no one ever brought up
Spoiler:
Sigma's eye
but yet, no one ever talks about how strange it is that no one ever brought up Quark's head-boxes. Just a bit weird that the second part is always ignored wherever I read about VLR, honestly.

Blah!

There is an official explanation for the head boxes in the gold files (which you can freely read now that you finished 999), but as for why nobody brings them up, I guess that applies to most weird outfits in this series.

Something I just realized.
Spoiler: VLR and ZTD (major 999 twist too)
So, in ZTD, we know that the choices were only made when Delta, and the player by extension, mind hacked and controlled the characters. With this in mind, think back to VLR and how we DID make choices for Sigma. If we follow the series's logic, then we really shouldn't be able to control him. 999 makes sense on its own because it's really Akane seeing which timeline will save her so she's technically making the choices. Since we know Delta is alive in VLR, does that mean he was really controlling Sigma in VLR too? We know that he can mind hack when he's not in the direct vicinity to his target. Or am I overthinking this?

Blah!

Spoiler: VLR and ZTD
I doubt it. VLR had its own explanation for how multiple timelines work. Also, since you are always playing as Sigma, a blank slate protagonist who is also initially somewhat aware of other timelines, none of the decisions he (and by extension, you) made were necessarily out of character. So there isn't really any need for him to be mind jacked to make a different decision.

Interesting theory though, since I did forget the Apocalypse ending confirms Delta is still alive. But it doesn't seem like Delta needed to manipulate what happened in VLR beyond creating the timeline that led to VLR and leading Free the Soul.

Unless you can think of a situation where someone's decision didn't make any sense and there is no other explanation?

Actually, I can.
Spoiler:
There was one instance where Sigma chose betray and he had quite literally no idea why he chose it. Even in his thoughts, he described it as if he had no control over what he was doing and he just chose it. This is very similar to how many mind hacked people reacted in ZTD too. I believe it was Luna, maybe. But I do definitely recall him thinking that.

Blah!

Spoiler:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I suppose you could say that Delta did that for the lulz, because that timeline literally added nothing to the plot, IIRC. But in absence of Delta, you could just explain it as Sigma subconsciously going "ya know, I'm curious..." due to being somewhat aware of alternate timelines.

Well, if we wanted to take it a technical step further,
Spoiler:
we could say that most of the overarching shots of several areas are the result of Delta peering in through some form of observation, maybe a hack that was allowed by Akane once again. We could also say the same about Sigma's eye itself, explaining how Delta could be exerting some sort of control by being a YoungAkane 2.0.

Happy Maria

Started the game (3DS). Made it to the point where I have to choose which door to go through. Thoughts so far

Spoiler: First hour of the game or so+ 999 spoilers
Sigma is the Junpei of this game, I guess. He even got kidnapped in the same way Junpei did. Is Akane behind this again?

WHOA VOICE ACTING! Why isn't Sigma voiced though? Feels a bit off.

Phi has a really robotic voice actor for some reason. Makes me hate her more. No-man, huh? But you're a WO-man! Huh? Huh? Anyone? She also looks like Santa a bit. Is she his other sister or something? And what's with all the Greek Letters?

Holy cow! Zero the THIRD?! I'm guessing his creator is Zero the 2nd. Hmm...I'm guessing Zero II is...er...it was Akane last game, right? The person closest to the player. So IT'S SIGMA THIS TIME! That's right! He,uh, has an evil alternate persona or something... Nah, just kidding. The only suspicious player here is Dio imo.

Tenmyouji...I think I may know who he is. I might've accidentally spoiled myself on who he is, though...

Whoa whoa whoa! Alice! As in, THE Alice?! The same one from the end of 999? She's probably a fake though.

Like I said earlier, Dio is the only really suspicious one. But he's so cool though! Look at his outfit! That's the outfit of a cool guy.

Oh yeah I forgot to actually talk about Zero III. The little rat is really really annoying (NONARY GAAAAAAME! AMBIDEX EDITIOOOOOOON!) but he's really voiced well. Plus his stupid puns <333

Quirky Quark,eh? What the heck is he wearing? Those two...things? He's really cute though. I hope he doesn't later chop me to death with an axe or something though.

Luna is super boring. She looks kinda like Princess Leia, and I'm guessing she'll be the love interest of Sigma later in the game.

Poor Clover has returned to the Nonary Game for the third time. I can see why she's so scared. But.. what is SHE wearing this time? She was 18 in 999 (seriously) while looking like a 9 year old but here she looks about 20 so I guess she's actually 43. I guess she and Alice know each other from the true ending of 999.

Whoa, K... I know I commented on Clover and Quark's outfit but this Guy tops them all. I guess he's the Seven of this game. He's super cool though.

Weirdly enough none of the players are trying to hide their names this time (I think) except K, who doesn't remember.

The 3D models look fantastic and complements the look of the game perfectly. And it's cool how instead of digital roots the 3 additive colours are used instead. They even reused some of the music (the first room, Morphogenetic Sorrow).

The first room though was really slow. Can someone tell me how to speed the dialogue? It makes the whole game feel slower. If I didn't find out that we weren't in an elevator the whole time, I would've expected us to fall down a long time back. And I did! The puzzles aren't too hard thank goodness, though the screwdriver puzzle was interesting. For now, I'm going to be playing on Hard mode. I'll also read the golden files after finishing the game because I heard there're some serious spoilers within some of those.

Finally, HOW THE HECK DOES SIGMA NOT KNOW WHAT AN ANAGRAM IS?! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TEACH US THIS GAME

Right, back to the game. I guess I'll go with the-

Gettin' Old!

I know...I'm really annoyed at Sigmas lack of a voice actor or the lack of English voice acting in general on the 3DS version but yeah....Dio is one of the coolest designs for me.

There is a game-breaking bug though you should look up to avoid. Its triggered by saving in a specific room.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
the lack of English voice acting in general on the 3DS version

All the story segments outside of Sigma and his inner monologue were voiced, weren't they? Or did the Vita version include voice acting for the puzzle segments?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

No voice acting for puzzles in any version, Sigma doesn't have a VA just cause that's common for protags in VNs so you can step into their shoes easier

And Luna isn't "boring", m8. Those are fighting words
Page 60 of 61 [ 2410 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station